[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Goodbye My Princess 东宫

0ly40

Polaris7171: because LCY felt XF hatred when she prepare a knife to attack LCY when he get nearby.

Well in deed a sad story.. 

1st life time is when GXW and XF at Dan chi, then both jump to forgotull river

2nd life time is when LCY and XF at palace

3nd life time I thought XF jump again to forgetful river and she forgot but LCY not forgot till end XF kill herself..

So sad ending..

• Like 1

19 hours ago, furu.vu217 said:

Oh my god, i read on weibo & notice they really cut this sweet scene ??? I don't see this in the next preview.

Awwww so angry !!!!! Cut kiss scene, bed scene and now this scene too ??? Are u serious Dong Gong produce team ????

c3ead938gy1g13kk3jzheg20rs0cgx72.gif

I think these scenes just haven’t been shown yet. They should be in the episodes on Monday. 

@jewelsc @gsmith

I won’t take literally for “three life times fated to meet and suffers” mentioned by the monk. This “three life times” should not be taken like real three life times as in "eternal love" drama. Chinese idioms usually mention couples who met, fell in love and get married have three life times of destiny. It is a figurative way of saying for their destiny of meeting but not really fated to be together till old age. Although they lost their memories of what happened in Xi Liang and Danchi by jumping into river of forgetfulness, it is the same life as they’re the same 9th princess XF and 5th prince LCY. 

The kiss scene seems interrupted because they put in LCY's flashbacks. I think the director and editor want to create (1) a suspense in audience mind asking “is LCY going to remember the past now?” without thinking the viewers these days already know about when he is going to remember through novel spoilers (2) they want to be consistent with previous scenes portrayal of LCY getting extreme headaches whenever he became  physically and emotionally close to XF though he gets better with time. Since this is the very first close intimate scene after memory loss, they want to make sure he has this reaction because of triggered blurred memories. In the novel, these triggered feelings of LCY weren’t mentioned as it was only told from XF’s perspectives. XF didn’t have those triggered headaches but just dreams both in novel and drama. I hope this will help you guys forgive the director and editor a little :D :D  

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Polaris7171 said:

QUESTION  - working my way haphazardly through the episodes and finished ep 25.

Why does LCY purposefully ignore XF on their wedding night and go to SS's quarters instead? 

In addition to what Dashmount20 said, LCY is experiencing internal conflict. He loves XF, but bc she found out right before the wedding that her clan was killed by him, XF won't reciprocate his feelings. On top of that, he has to put on a mask to hide his love for her because he's scheming to achieve a bigger plan, which is to ultimately get revenge for his mother/gu family. Due to this internal conflict, he consumes alcohol to alleviate pain and frustration.....and then goes to Sese probably bc Sese will welcome him and it'll also support his scheme of showing everyone how much he "loves" Sese and not XF.

27 minutes ago, Golden Flower said:

c3ead938gy1g13kk3jzheg20rs0cgx72.gif

I think these scenes just haven’t been shown yet. They should be in the episodes on Monday. 

Omg I hope so too then!!! Pleaseeeee be true. These type of sweet, honey, lovey dovey scenes shouldn't be cut out! Our tragic leads bicker all the time and rarely have those sweet scenes. *Fingers cross

• Like 3

10 hours ago, gsmith said:

My ideal ending would be: XF dies with the sword of A`Du in this second life, LCY dies old after having paid his faults, remembering the rest of his life to XF and without being able to have her by his side, and a third life when they meet again without painful stories and cross the prairies of the Xi Kingdom together haha !!

I like that too!!! I want him to pass remembering her as the drama comes to an end. Then we see the drama starts up again with her running and bumping into him as he catches her this time and they glaze into each other's eyes. The end........ 

Then Season 2 picks up with them being reborn but no memories of their past except LCY having faint dreams of a beautiful lady and a yearning to find her. Then one day he bumps into her and couldn't quite figure out why he has this peaceful and aching need to want to be around her. Thus their love story picks up again except we get a HE this time. Dang, sounds like a fanfic, LOL. Sorry guys but that's how I'll imagine their love for the next lifetime. 

I really hope for a Season 2 as I think this love story deserves a happy ending. Except not for this current drama, there are just too much betrayal, anger, and bad history to keep them together. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, Golden Flower said:

I guess angry fans’ complaints about the editing and cut scenes (the power of weibo highly searched topic 热搜) reached to the original writer, Fei Wo Si Quan. 

http://www.dramapanda.com/2019/03/goodbye-my-princess-fans-and-author.html?m=1

Yes, I went to weibo and saw a lot of fans complaining about the editing and the relationship between LCY and SS. As a result, the douban point is now only 7.4, which is really unfortunate for the drama that could have been better. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, piluche said:

I like that too!!! I want him to pass remembering her as the drama comes to an end. Then we see the drama starts up again with her running and bumping into him as he catches her this time and they glaze into each other's eyes. The end........ 

Then Season 2 picks up with them being reborn but no memories of their past except LCY having faint dreams of a beautiful lady and a yearning to find her. Then one day he bumps into her and couldn't quite figure out why he has this peaceful and aching need to want to be around her. Thus their love story picks up again except we get a HE this time. Dang, sounds like a fanfic, LOL. Sorry guys but that's how I'll imagine their love for the next lifetime. 

I really hope for a Season 2 as I think this love story deserves a happy ending. Except not for this current drama, there are just too much betrayal, anger, and bad history to keep them together. 

I like that too.

On 3/8/2019 at 9:07 PM, shiroazn said:

Oh gosh, the spoilers for next week. Even if he didn't get anyone pregnant, it's not helping his trash prince rep and even SeSe won't accept that lol. If she's also a snake, then she will try to get rid of the girl and LCY won't have to lift a finger. Maybe he's just going to use SeSe. 

I wonder what LCY's endgame picture is like. Does he want to mislead everyone into thinking he doesn't love XF while protecting her in the dark and then once he gets rid of everyone and becomes emperor almighty, he can do what he wants openly?

Also, this is kinda bad to say, but I'm surprised that in the novel, LCY never forced himself on XF because a baby would be the best thing to tie her down to him forever. I think I read too many asian novels with obsessive possessive male leads but that's the kind of crap they usually pull. 

Didn't they consumate their marriage after the grand traditional wedding at the prairie?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, piluche said:

May I know which ep the monk gave the three lives prediction? Thanks

3 hours ago, Kim Nana said:

I have question, how come the princess despite her country has been threatened to be destructed yet she is the most powerful princess and powerful enough to be the destinated crown princess no matter what?!

I'm not 100% sure, but my understanding is that Xi State is one of the top/powerful kingdoms along with Li Kingdom (and there was another one but I forgot the name....that kingdom also proposed marriage to XF during the beginning of the drama). XF is the only legitimate daughter of the king and queen of Xi State/Danchi (XF has other sisters too but they are her step sisters from concubines). In addition, Li Kingdom wants her as crown princess to prevent future war/create an alliance for all kingdoms. Those are my thoughts. Anyone who has read the novel want to confirm this?

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

11 hours ago, DramasOhDramas said:

¿Puedo saber qué ep el monje dio la predicción de las tres vidas? Gracias

In episode 16 the monk says, "I want to give you two advice, your destinies are entangled in three lives, there is cause and effect in everything, whether it's a good predestined relationship or an unfortunate relationship." Remember not to force anything. everything flows as fate allows. " Then he calls LCY and says: "The predestined relationships correspond reciprocally, do not impose, do not force it."

• Insightful 1

4 hours ago, Kim Nana said:

Tengo una pregunta: ¿cómo es posible que la princesa, a pesar de su país, haya sido amenazada con ser destruida y, sin embargo, sea la princesa más poderosa y lo suficientemente poderosa para ser la princesa de la corona de destino, sin importar qué?

I understand that she has power because the Xi Kingdom had influence in all the surrounding towns. Although the Kingdom disappeared and it remain united to the Empire Li, if all the western towns were united the Gao family could not dominate them.

• Insightful 1

30 minutes ago, gsmith said:

In episode 16 the monk says, "I want to give you two advice, your destinies are entangled in three lives, there is cause and effect in everything, whether it's a good predestined relationship or an unfortunate relationship." Remember not to force anything. everything flows as fate allows. " Then he calls LCY and says: "The predestined relationships correspond reciprocally, do not impose, do not force it."

Thanks dear, for the explanation.

31 minutes ago, gsmith said:

I understand that she has power because the Xi Kingdom had influence in all the surrounding towns. Although the Kingdom disappeared and it remain united to the Empire Li, if all the western towns were united the Gao family could not dominate them.

Thanks gsmith, and Kim Nana.

• Like 1

I just remember there are 2 still cuts that had LCY & GP with Mi Luo when they'r in Western State. Based on the costumes they wear, this is the scene where LCY told BP that he was going to kill the King wolf white eyes.

Spoiler

006EDmN9ly1g0d9thf1woj34mo2ls1l0.jpg?fbc006EDmN9ly1g0d9tffh4pj34mo2lshdv.jpg?fbc

I think the drama has not mentioned this yet and maybe it'll not too in the future. I wonder if they cut this relationship?

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1