Quantcast
0ly40

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Goodbye My Princess, 东宫

I'm glad to hear that this drama is a hit! This drama is my new addiction! Love the plot, acting, costume, OST and pace. :D I'm glad they casted two newcomers instead of someone famous.

I've only seen clips of Chen Xingxu from Legend of the Condor Heroes 2017 and didn't find him handsome or special there. I must admit that he looks a lot better in GMP. He is only 22 years old, which is really young and already got to star in such a grand and successful project.

As for Peng Xiaoran, I have never heard or seen any of her work. She is a such a great actress for someone so new. Not only that, she is freaking gorgeous! I recently jumped ship and stopped liking a certain female celeb because of all of her lies and denials so I am glad Peng Xiaoran was casted as Xiao Feng. :w00t:

Does anyone know where I can get the full OST for this show? Is it not out yet? I only have the song "愛殤" (Love Casualty) and its currently on repeat. :blush: Please do share!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, furu.vu217 said:

Yeah, so happy to see u again hehee ^^ It's really been a while since we were at AOL theard hehee :wub:

I know that although we understand why LCY did it, there are still many people like you who don't like him.
For me, perhaps the CXX's acting makes me feel this character is more interesting and  not too obnoxious. ^_^

well, it's been a long time since we started our meeting in the thread legend of Fuyao, and now we see again..lol

well, CXX is a handsome actor too, i am still watching this drama because i feel thecast are beautiful and handsome..but looks like it will end tragically and sadly

• Like 2

5 hours ago, nuttyz said:

Yeap, it is a common practise in Chinese dramas. Very rarely do Chinese dramas retain the voices of the original actors, not sure why is this the case tho... :)

I think there are 2 main reasons:

1. Due to language - because the actors are from all over China, their accent/dialects differ and not all of them speak good standard mandarin, but since the dramas are to be aired in the whole country, they need it to be understood by everyone thus the voice dubbing by professionals.

2. Money saving - it seems China has a tendency to save on budged by filming in one set, while right next door the next set is being built or previous set is being torn down and thus all the noise would be heard, but if it's later dubbed over and no actual sound from the set makes it to the finished product - all is good and thus voice actors dub over the actors.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Just now, furu.vu217 said:

Awwww I'm so disappointed with the cut kiss scene. Why is the unpublished still cut photo better than video ?

b8a2d82dly1g12lr1e7mlj21ac1uc4qp.jpg

Yeah, I read many responses on Weibo saying that a lot of sweet scenes were cut out!!!! What???!!!!! I'm hoping Youku will upload a full version later :dissapointed_relieved:

Finally some background on why LCY had to slap XF! 

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4349842593247825?#&video

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, nuttyz said:

Yeah, I read many responses on Weibo saying that a lot of sweet scenes were cut out!!!! What???!!!!! I'm hoping Youku will upload a full version later :dissapointed_relieved:

Finally some background on why LCY had to slap XF! 

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4349842593247825?#&video

Really? that's so annoying:dissapointed:

Why they need to cut it out?:bawling: 

I prefer they cut out the empress, Sese, and annoying corrupt people especially Gao family schemes instead SMH:tears:

Thank you so much for people like @pad-hari, @furu.vu217, @nuttyz & others with all the gifs, spoiler & update infos that help us international peoples to have more understanding about this drama.

I'm really grateful! Love you guys!:kiss_wink:

• Love 2

I still don't watch full ep but saw some cut on weibo, i think a lot of sweet scene were cut & shortened :bawling:

In addition, the keyword "不是你想的那样" (Not as you think)  has trend top search weibo this morning. That is XF's line in this scene. This shows the popular of GBMP during this time in China :wub:

Spoiler

71182f35ly1g1280m1a3sj20ku112k00.jpg71182f35ly1g1280hnfuhj20ku1124qp.jpg71182f35ly1g1280liznig20fk08r1l6.gif

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

Did XF know why LCY slapped her?  She knows that he is acting to protect her?

No, unfortunately not :tears: I am still midway watching epi 37...

Spoiler

I am so mad LCY displayed some concern for SeSe and knelt for her at the queen's place!!!! :triumph: My poor XF.... 

• Sad 1

i just finished watching ep.37.  It seems they recollect the past when both of them are only unwell.  He falls sick and he recollecting the killing of fox etc. 

@nuttyz, what is LCY sending XF as a gift for taking care of him?  it looks like some belt in red color?  what is the commotion among the maids of her palace?

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

i just finished watching ep.37.  It seems they recollect the past when both of them are only unwell.  He falls sick and he recollecting the killing of fox etc. 

@nuttyz, what is LCY sending XF as a gift for taking care of him?  it looks like some belt in red color?  what is the commotion among the maids of her palace?

Spoiler

Its a belt. He sent it saying that he apologize for messing her outfit (subtly implying that they slept) and then saying through the Eunuch that he will not tell anyone about what happened (XF forced LCY not to tell anyone about her kissing him), which of course everyone knew by now. Everyone just laughed, such a naughty prince!! :D

OMG, our evil prince made General Pei marry his sister after seeing how XF and GP got closer... Me think GP likes XF... 

Edited by nuttyz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, nuttyz said:

Hide contents

Its a belt. He sent it saying that he apologize for messing her outfit (subtly implying that they slept) and then saying through the Eunuch that he will not tell anyone about what happened (XF forced LCY not to tell anyone about her kissing him), which of course everyone knew by now. Everyone just laughed, such a naughty prince!! :D

OMG, our evil prince made General Pei marry his sister after seeing how XF and GP got closer... Me think GP likes XF... 

Spoiler

IKR I also felt that GP indeed like XF from his facial expressions.  It seems XF is also not happy and she had some advice for luo Zhi about GP, which made LZ angry.

• Like 1

Today is my first day watching this series..

i just curious from the comment and news that this series is quite hits compare The Legends.

I just reach ep4, well not bad... the actress played XF character did well... she was 28 years and the guys was 22 years.. 6 years different...

the actress played well.. love it...

Wah... when read the spoiler.. i was like waks? the guys really a jerk..

i also see the trailer.. what a sad ending..

haiz...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

For the ones who have read the novel, do LCY and XF ever sleep together after they are married? It is already episode 40 and nothing has happened. Even being locked up together, absolutely nothing happens.

• LOL 1

Finally done catching up! Tonight's episodes have been very disappointing :tears:.... 

Spoiler

1. Editing was really messy causing disjointed sequences. I was really looking forward to those sweet moments (to hold on to) before we move on to the angst

2. LCY's feelings towards SeSe kind of blurred today. In previous episodes, it was still somewhat clear that SeSe was just a tool and dispensable. Today when he pitied SeSe (and blamed himself for not being able to protect his woman) for being framed and kneeling for her/sending her food, was just a contradiction to his character. He didn't even bat an eyelash when he killed XF's grandfather knowing how much grief it will bring to XF but now he feels bad for SeSe??? It just makes XF's love for him really sad and pointless. At least in the novel, even after XF died LCY lived a sorrowful life. From how the drama is moving towards, he might as well be merry and happy with SeSe.

Which brings to another point that I felt when I read the novel. Even if XF had forgiven and lived on, I don't really know if it will be a happy ever after for both of them considering he will still have his many wives and political hindrances. Maybe XF's death is the only way to really make LCY remember her with love and guilt and the woman "he could never have". 

I'm hoping that this sudden change in LCY's character build up is just an editing issue, otherwise its a real pity considering the drama has been doing great up till today's episode. 

It's late night here where I live, good night Chingus! 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, hell59 said:

For the ones who have read the novel, do LCY and XF ever sleep together after they are married? It is already episode 40 and nothing has happened. Even being locked up together, absolutely nothing happens.

Frustrating isn't it? :lol:, they had us going with the teasers just to get deflated..

Some pages back, our novel spoilers friends have already spoiled us - LCY had 'forced' her due to his obsessive jealousness thinking GXW was someone else and XF's lover.

• Like 1

LCY is starting to become jealous now, he was angry when he saw XF seemed sad after the emperor announced the engagement between General Pei and Lu Ci.

• Sad 1