[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Goodbye My Princess 东宫

0ly40

17 hours ago, furu.vu217 said:

Awwww I'm so disappointed with the cut kiss scene. Why is the unpublished still cut photo better than video ?

Coz the drama editor is the best friend with the one who sew LCY bed's curtain!

Did you see how beautiful the curtains are in that finally-they-kiss scene?

Yes, they look so flawless when they flied with the wind, wasn't they?

Of course, the flawless flying curtain & zoom out style while we had moments which our main couple FINALLY KISS PASSIONATELY after the patience viewer endured watching main couple fighting & yelling with each other, annoying empress & Gao families schemes, Sese-LCY sweet scenes, Gu Jian the stalker sad's story are totally what we, as a patience & loyal viewer want to see!

Yay, praise the editor hurray! 

sNM.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

13 hours ago, XxchinesedramacrazexX said:

what did XF say to LCY in the last scene in ep 40?

urghh I was so excited for eps 37 to 40 but they were sorta disappointing

They are much sweet scenes between our main couple in this week episode than before but sadly the editing is really weird in these episodes. Not to mentioned their ancipated kiss scene. Are they trying to show us a kiss scene or they actually tried to promote the LCY bed's curtain? I'm really confused while watching that:blink:

But LCY really looks scary when he feels jealous towards Pei Zhao. His piercing stares to XF while in the hall scared me sheesh. Not to mentioned his cynical face when talking with Pei Zhao after that. That just Pei Zhao, his trusted aid. What with Gu Jian the nonstop XF's stalker who always making sad faces? Added with when he thinks Gu Jian is "Gu Xiao Wu". No wonder he doesn't hesitates to kill Gu Jian. I really really hope when they finally consummated their marriage, it's not totally by force:unsure: Poor Xiao Feng haish:tears: 

Btw, I hope whoever the editor is, he/she don't cut the one sweet scene in the mv which they are sitting together on the bed with LCY stares at XF lovingly. Please, editor! There also scene in the mv which LCY carried XF to bed after he been drugged with the soup. Actually, it should be included in ep 39 but it been cut out! what is the editor thinking with reducing our OTP scene?*sigh*

The sweet staring scene is at 3:43-3:49 while the carried to bed scene is at 2:48-2:50. If only I know how to make gif:tears:. I only know copy & paste technique huhu

Edit: oh they also show only little of the "LCY tried to kiss XF coz he's being drugged" scene as in the beginning preview in the already aired version.

I'm just thinking here. If scenes like "LCY tried to kiss her coz he's being drugged & he carried her to bed after that" been cut out when it aired, I wonder if had they actually shooting the "forced scene" for the drama, will it also will be air?

They probably cut it out too LOLOL. So, don't worry I guess, coz you won't see it then? Then what about the scene which LCY throw XF forcely on the bed which @furu.vu217 posted in this thread way before this? Are they gonna air it too? 

If one of Goodbye My Princess drama's writer said in the drama news that Goodbye My Princess drama's director is like a little girl, I'm gonna say that this Goodbye My Princess aired drama's editor is like a little boy.  

You see, usually, little boy like the scheming, fight & political scene in dramas but little boy totally dislike the main couple scenes. Even more if they're lovey dovey main couple scene. Little boy dislike it. Yep that's why he/she edited out or reduced our beloved main couple scenes in this drama. That the only logical explanation I can think of-_-

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 3

3 hours ago, nuttyz said:

Finally done catching up! Tonight's episodes have been very disappointing :tears:.... 

Hide contents

1. Editing was really messy causing disjointed sequences. I was really looking forward to those sweet moments (to hold on to) before we move on to the angst

2. LCY's feelings towards SeSe kind of blurred today. In previous episodes, it was still somewhat clear that SeSe was just a tool and dispensable. Today when he pitied SeSe (and blamed himself for not being able to protect his woman) for being framed and kneeling for her/sending her food, was just a contradiction to his character. He didn't even bat an eyelash when he killed XF's grandfather knowing how much grief it will bring to XF but now he feels bad for SeSe??? It just makes XF's love for him really sad and pointless. At least in the novel, even after XF died LCY lived a sorrowful life. From how the drama is moving towards, he might as well be merry and happy with SeSe.

Which brings to another point that I felt when I read the novel. Even if XF had forgiven and lived on, I don't really know if it will be a happy ever after for both of them considering he will still have his many wives and political hindrances. Maybe XF's death is the only way to really make LCY remember her with love and guilt and the woman "he could never have". 

I'm hoping that this sudden change in LCY's character build up is just an editing issue, otherwise its a real pity considering the drama has been doing great up till today's episode. 

It's late night here where I live, good night Chingus! 

I have to agree with you.  I felt really annoyed after today's episodes (even though I couldn't understand a word they were saying!  Luckily there is great acting, so I can get an idea through body language and facial expressions.)

Spoiler

I guess the writers wanted to soften LCY's character or something by making him somewhat pity for SeSe.  But, it just made his character worse.  If he's going to be an anti-hero, then they just need to stick with it.  By making him soften to Sese and that he somewhat cares for her, now he just looks like a two-timer too!  Argh...

I was really confused with the last episodes for this week. What was the point of their plan to get rid of the empress and how XF got mixed up in it?  Was LCY supposed to get stabbed or did the plot go bad because of XF...? If it is all set up, I feel so bad for XF because she really thinks it is her fault.  

@Andzek  LCY's jealous expression is really scary!  It's so chilling when he was watching XF and General Pei.   However, I'm looking forward to when his dark side comes out.  I think we'll see some really good acting!

I'm kinda of sad about General Pei's situation.  I didn't really ship them as a couple, but I thought General Pei could be a good friend to XF.  Even though he is loyal to LCY, I really felt that he was trying to make life easier for XF without asking for anything in return.  I feel GJ is trying to make amends because he wants XF to fall in love with him again and taking advantage of her memory loss.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Jing Wang said:

Is ep 40 the end? Because I know this is not the complete story.

ep 40 is not the end. The total episode is 52. I believe the drama will show till LCY growing old as very beginning of one of the MV trailer, there is an old man’s back walking across the desert by himself with a walking staff. There is also a shot LCY’s old self submerging himself in water (river of forgetfulness) posted in this thread.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, myden said:

As for Peng Xiaoran, I have never heard or seen any of her work. She is a such a great actress for someone so new.

She is actually not a newcomer, she's been around for a while (I notice her in 2016 The Mystic Nine for a small role) but never get popular, we might see her again in The Legend of Ba Qing (Win the World) but not sure when it'll release (filming ended October 2017).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Watched ep 38 Raw. Can anyone confirm...

Spoiler

Did LCY set up General Pei and Luoxi’s engagement?!?!

One minute LCY is fuming with jealousy on the balcony at General Pei and XF...the next, it’s annouced that the General and Princess  are engaged?

Finally watch finish 37 - 40 raw... 

After watching it, 

1. i think after seeing the unhappiness LCY and XF's wedding, general Pei doesn't wish to married the princess as he knows what will happen?

2. The grandmother is soo cute that she lock LCY and XF up hopping to have great grand child? hahahahhahahahaha

3. The part where he wake up from his fever... and saw XF peeing is funny.. Ah Do dash in once XF calling for help.. and Ah Do chase out all the maids leaving XF and LCY .. even block the maids not to allow them to enter .. but once something strange happen, the maids turn blocking Ah Do from entering.. it was so funny.. XF's maids and Ah Do really cute in that part.

4. I am disappointed with the kissing scene.. why they cut it! man.. i was hopping to see more... 

5. As for Gu Jian, i really pity him.. he has been suffering alot and he has internal injury and yet he still use his energy to safe Ah Do and LCY??? He deserve a better person to be at his side... sob sob sob

6. for the Assassination scene, LCY knew the assassin will come? I think he know who is the assassin as he keep on chasing XF away.. right?

7. Can i blame put a blame to the King? After watching ep 39, i can feel the pitiness of the Queen b'cos the King ignore her and keep on involving with the other consort.. she needs to maintain her status as the Queen.... 

Gosh, need to wait for another 3 days !!!!!! 

Edited by visiopeia
  • Like 2

Spoiler
18 hours ago, Golden Flower said:

I think you may be right. The drama might show LCY got drunk over his guilt of slapping XF and his hurt feelings of XF’s words, not because of Sese’s demotion and house arrest. The novel is written from XF’s persepective ONLY (except for the epilogue after XF died) and XF thought LCY got drunk for Sese and got sick after. 

Another thing is I’m not really sure whether the drama will show LCY planned and used Sese to destroy Zhào clan from the beginning like in the novel. So far, it has shown only that LCY’s mom and maternal Gu clan were destroyed because of empress and Gao family and Zhào family wasn’t involved like in the novel. Zhào family and Gao family also didn’t get along. LCY might have used Sese for her family’s military support and now to protect XF in pretense of favoring Sese only but so far I’m not sure he planned all this to destroy Zhào clan. I don’t think the drama will make LCY this bad! He might say he wasn’t that in love with Sese like he acted though he likes her. 

I think even if drama showed Sese and her family got punished because of their own wicked plannings (like her brother arrested and killed third Gao son for his own personal grudges and Sese killed Xu Niang then blamed it on XF) not because of LCY’s plans to destroy Zhào family, XF will still remember her involvement/ being used in her maternal clan getting destroyed and her grandfather’s death. Thus, she will feel guilty everyday by staying with LCY.  

I agree with you, reading LCY characters in novels is so cruel and cunning that make there not away happy ending to their relationship. But in the drama, LCY was made better even though there was still a lot of anger and cunning. But really seeing LCY's fake love for Sese annoyed me, that's because I waited for the romantic moment when LCY and XF. Do you think they will have a romantic moment by expressing feelings of love for each other, as they were in the past. Or this will only be too late, when LCY dares to express his love but XF gets her past memories . I will save the sweet episode last night (ep.37-40) for next week's episode which might start to suck

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, bluesunny3 said:

Hide contents

One minute LCY is fuming with jealousy on the balcony at General Pei and XF...the next, it’s annouced that the General and Princess  are engaged?

It also occurred to me because after seeing XF and GPei, LCY had a conversation with the King (I don't really understand because there were no engsub)
Many people say GPei can't possibly like XF, GPei just feels guilty about closing XF and LCY's past, even GPei is hesitant to get married because he sees LCY and XF households not in harmony. But why throughout ep 38 my heart said that GPei liked XF. Looks like GPei didn't like LCY's action on slapping XF, GPei's gaze on XF while at the bar, the road and the front gate of the palace so deeply, even GPei smiled when he saw XF playing music and he was also surprised when XF gave the flute that XF had used it. GPei looked sad and upset after being told to get married, even he arrived at the bar to get drunk. I think GPei's character is very sweet, I gave him permission to like XF hahahaha (only likes without obsession hihi). I'm more sad because I don't know what they all say
, need a fast eng sub

• Like 5

1 hour ago, bluesunny3 said:

Hide contents

I just watch it raw. But I guess LCY is involved. Wasn't there a scene that he talks with the emperor? Then the announcement in the hall. After that he look kind of happy while talking with Pei Zhao.  Whatever it is, LCY jealous face in the hall is really scary:sweatingbullets:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bluesunny3 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

The king asked if LCY is close with Pei Zhao and asked if GP is seeing someone(I cant recall the exact wordsalong those lines) . LCY took the opportunity to recommend Luo Xi then... 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I don't why but I like to ship Peng XiaoRan with Shawn Wei (GJ) , they are more suitable by age (Shawn older around 3 years than XiaoRan) and I feel that XiaoRan is comfortable with Chen XingXu as a younger brother not as a prospect bf :blush:

• Like 1

Some clip about the upcoming episodes.

Man it already near the ending but our crown prince & crown princess still have misunderstanding with each other!?:( 

I want main couple sweet scene not their slapping scene!

Please give our main couple sweet scene as something we, the loyal viewer can treasure as a precious memory with their heartbreaking love journey & ending! 

And what's up with upcoming Sese scene? She's still there in the plot? haish I'm tired with her involvement towards our main couple grrr

So based on the next preview ep 41-44 it seem they gonna show us:

-annoying Sese involvement with main couple scene<_<

-more info about emperor love story scene:huh:

-Gu Jian the loyal part timer XF's stalker triggering XF regaining her memory back-_-

After that:

-XF cold treatment to LCY while provoking him about the past

-LCY jealous rage which finally make him kill Gu Jian

-Somehow of Sese downfall

-Zhao family, Gao family & other political plot

-the infamous hearbreaking ending:bawling:

Where the heck is our main couple sweet scene along next episodes until the end?

Just hope they don't cut or mess it out like our anticipated passionate kiss!

Drama editor, please don't be like a annoying little boy & cut out our main couple scenes. Do you know how high our patience are until we willing to watch & torturing ourselves all the way for this drama just to see our main couple together which usually gonna appear for less than 15 minutes in one episodes everytime with their scene mainly with they fighting each other huh?

Do you have any idea about all hardship & pain that we have to go through? Do you!?

tenor.gif

Gif & video credit to owner

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, dashmount20 said:

Today is my first day watching this series..

i just curious from the comment and news that this series is quite hits compare The Legends.

eastern palace (Dong Gong) novel has huge fan base since published online on 2011. There has been many fan MVs with scenes from previous dramas with famous actors and actresses on youtube and chinese platforms. Since GMP's leads having great chemistry, acting not bad and flow of drama is good even with addition and changes in plot, of course, it will be more popular online than the Legends. However, the Legends is broadcasted on TV in addition to online. 

7 hours ago, tomo74 said:

She is actually not a newcomer, she's been around for a while (I notice her in 2016 The Mystic Nine for a small role) but never get popular, we might see her again in The Legend of Ba Qing (Win the World) but not sure when it'll release (filming ended October 2017).

PXR is signed under Fan Bing Bing's management's company and that's why she is in Legend of Ba Qing. The Legend of Ba Qing might not see the light for a long time as its both leads having run-in with laws. Although Gavin Gao's scenes were reshot with Li Chen and were going to be digitally substituted, not sure FBB is allowed to come back to the screen yet. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

After watching 4 ep yesterday, I have some thoughts to share

Spoiler

I really like LCY's drama. There may be many people who say writers have "whitewashing" LCY or saying LCY, not as cruel and dangerouss as LCY's novel. But in the novel, the character LCY is only through the POV of XF, so it is just a subjective look. The drama actually exploits many aspects of this character and the inner development of the character I find is very reasonable, very practical when put in LCY's position.

But there is one thing I don't like about the LCY character's change in the drama compared to the novel. That is the relationship of LCY with SS. We all know SS is a tool for LCY to take advantage of the throne of the Crown Prince. In the novel, LCY has no affection for SS other than taking advantage of her. But in the drama, apart from LCY taking advantage of SS, LCY really care about SS. The scenes of LCY visiting SS, LCY kneeling to Queen to forgive the SS really made me confused about his feelings for the SS. Is it fake or honest ?

The reason for such a change was because in the novel, the Gao family and Zhao's family colluded on harming LCY's mother, so both of them died by LCY in the end. In the drama, Zhao's family has helped LCY to the crown prince. That's why I understand that there is a change between the relationship of LCY and SS on the drama. Even so, I still don't like it.

However, to ep 37, LCY told the GP that SS is his person, "the one who love him" needs to be protected by him. After slapping XF, LCY told GP that "I am the useless Prince. I cannot protect the one I love, I cannot protect the one who love me too" What LCY say here means "the one I love" is XF, "the one who love me" is SS. The image of LCY came to beg the Queen to forgive the SS for showing his helplessness, restraining his power in the Eastern  Palace, showing his anger when he himself could not do what he wanted to do.

Ep 38, when LCY was jealous of GP after GP went out with XF. LCY made an impact on the King to give marriage to GP and the princess. GP told LCY that he already knew this would come, no matter who the marriage would be, he would be 相敬如賓 (this means the marriage couple "treat each other with the same respect as guests") with that person. . LCY said happily, "I don't want to 相敬如賓 with XF, I want the two of us to be deeply in love and love each other." That means LCY only "相敬如賓" with SS, the relationship is respect for each other as for guests. As for XF, LCY wants to give her the deepest love.

006PWYULly1g126u693xpj32pg1iukjm.jpg

Caption: "以后嘛. 我偏不会对她相敬如宾. 我要与她情深意长 .相爱相亲"

(Rough trans:

Later
I will not respect her like a guest.
I want to be very affectionate with her.
Fall in love)

Perhaps it is a good change in the drama. But LCY 's drama is really greedy, wants to have a Crown Prince position, wants power, wants to have the one love him but also wants to have the one he loves. In the end there was no one left. This scene is probably LCY removing SS because the SS harmed XF. At first, when watching the trailer, I saw LCY crying in this scene, I did not understand. I understand now, that may be the tears for the last respect.

006u55tugy1g12wjfa9pmg30o20aunpf.gif

Sorry for long post & my bad English :sweatingbullets:

• Like 2
  • Insightful 4

Spoiler
26 minutes ago, Andzek said:

Some clip about the upcoming episodes.

Man it already near the ending but our crown prince & crown princess still have misunderstanding with each other!?:( 

I want main couple sweet scene not their slapping scene!

Please give our main couple sweet scene as something we, the loyal viewer can treasure as a precious memory with their heartbreaking love journey & ending! 

And what's up with upcoming Sese scene? She's still there in the plot? haish I'm tired with her involvement towards our main couple grrr

So based on the next preview ep 41-44 it seem they gonna show us:

-annoying Sese involvement with main couple scene<_<

-more info about emperor love story scene:huh:

-Gu Jian the loyal part timer XF's stalker triggering XF regaining her memory back-_-

After that:

-XF cold treatment to LCY while provoking him about the past

-LCY jealous rage which finally make him kill Gu Jian

-Somehow of Sese downfall

-Zhao family, Gao family & other political plot

-the infamous hearbreaking ending:bawling:

Where the heck is our main couple sweet scene along next episodes until the end?

Just hope they don't cut or mess it out like our anticipated passionate kiss!

Drama editor, please don't be like a annoying little boy & cut our main couple scenes out. Do you know how high our patience are until we willing to watch & torturing ourselves all the way just to see our main couple together that usually gonna appear for less than 15 minutes in one episodes everytime with their scene mainly are full with they fighting each other huh? 

Do you have any idea about that? Do you!?

In my mind right now, I'm tired of LCY and Sese. So far I like this drama, but I'm very sad for XF. Poor XF, why can't any man who loves her treat her well. LCY betrayed in the past, in the present time LCY cannot express love and actually shows fake love for Sese (This will add the more disappointment for XF after his memory returns). GJ also betrayed XF in the past, but sorry XF doesn't love him now. G-Pei treated XF very well, G-Pei looks like XF but can't express it. Authors, please give happiness to XF

• Like 1
  • Sad 1