[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Goodbye My Princess 东宫

0ly40

2 minutes ago, biancardi said:

@ayang23  correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that was the only song she knew?  Didn't she sing this to Li Chengyin as well during the course of this series?

@biancardi for songs with lyrics, yes. I believe that is the only song she knew. She did sing that song to LCY as well. Once during the boat ride and the second time was during her suicide scene/her last words to LCY/XW. The time she singed it during the boat ride...she was quite happy. Which is interesting/I'm still trying to decipher because "Little Fox" is actually a sad song.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, ayang23 said:

@biancardi for songs with lyrics, yes. I believe that is the only song she knew. She did sing that song to LCY as well. Once during the boat ride and the second time was during her suicide scene/her last words to LCY/XW. The time she singed it during the boat ride...she was quite happy. Which is interesting/I'm still trying to decipher because "Little Fox" is actually a sad song.

Didn't he ask her to sing a song & that is why she sang it in the boat?  She stated it was the only one she knew.

I am a bit disappointed in the quality of the extra scenes.  I wish they would have done a short (20-30 episode) modern series with them.  Oh well.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, biancardi said:

Didn't he ask her to sing a song & that is why she sang it in the boat?  She stated it was the only one she knew.

Yeah he did ask her to sing a song and so she did. Just thought that there could be a hidden meaning (not sure if that's absolutely the case) since "Little Fox" is symbolic to the story and characters.

• Like 1

Finally, after about 1000 years later, I can see them being sweet together like other married couple:wub:

No Gu Jian, Sese or annoying fake crooked neck minister Gao to interrupt between them.

My emotion:bawling:

My beautiful beloved couple:wub:

Hahaha good analysis:P

Pei Zhao in their next lifetime is so hilarious:lol:

Spoiler

Taking revenge?

What happen to our great general LOLOLOL

credit to:

•xiao wang•
@chanson_jiaer

Pampered Bookworm
@riya_rsp16

nurul✿
@minuru

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, ayang23 said:

Yeah he did ask her to sing a song and so she did. Just thought that there could be a hidden meaning (not sure if that's absolutely the case) since "Little Fox" is symbolic to the story and characters.

It is the only song she knew but it also can be interpreted in so many ways so when she sang it with Li Chengyin the first time, the lyrics could be interpreted into a more lighthearted way but still with an underlying message.

In her case with Gu Jian, I thought it referred back to when she was waiting for him at the start on the sand dune so therefore perhaps she is apologising for being the 'fox' and not waiting for the 'shepherd girl' being Gu Jian to return. This is also where a lot of the tragedy started as she first encountered Li Chengyin in the desert while waiting for Gu Jian.

I always thought when she sung it to Li Chengyin before she died, it was her way of saying he was the fox, impatient and unable to wait for the shepherd girl (this time the shepherd girl being Xiaofeng). I find it interesting that they chose the exact same scene of her waiting for Gu Jian on the sand dune as the last vision of her whilst Li Chengyin was walking through the desert, it's a symbolic scene because while she was waiting for her supposed love Gu Jian, she encountered her one true love Li Chengyin.

Lots of interesting parts to depict and lots of different interpretations. Shows how much thought was put into the drama!

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

33 minutes ago, J13 said:

It is the only song she knew but it also can be interpreted in so many ways so when she sang it with Li Chengyin the first time, the lyrics could be interpreted into a more lighthearted way but still with an underlying message.

In her case with Gu Jian, I thought it referred back to when she was waiting for him at the start on the sand dune so therefore perhaps she is apologising for being the 'fox' and not waiting for the 'shepherd girl' being Gu Jian to return. This is also where a lot of the tragedy started as she first encountered Li Chengyin in the desert while waiting for Gu Jian.

I always thought when she sung it to Li Chengyin before she died, it was her way of saying he was the fox, impatient and unable to wait for the shepherd girl (this time the shepherd girl being Xiaofeng). I find it interesting that they chose the exact same scene of her waiting for Gu Jian on the sand dune as the last vision of her whilst Li Chengyin was walking through the desert, it's a symbolic scene because while she was waiting for her supposed love Gu Jian, she encountered her one true love Li Chengyin.

Lots of interesting parts to depict and lots of different interpretations. Shows how much thought was put into the drama!

Omg what a beautiful interpretation. It's different from mine but I love it! ❤ you bring a great point about how this song is complex on many levels and so there are a lot of different interpretations that could be made. I also think it's really interesting how the director/producer decided to use the scene of where XF was waiting by the sand dune for both scenes!!!!! 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, ayang23 said:

I just finished the drama with subs on viki. Gosh the last scene between our leads was so heart wrenching! The acting was so on point. Does anyone know if there were two versions of that last scene (XF's suicide scene)? The ost background in the episode from viki was different from the ost background from the Instagram's clips shared previously in this thread. I thought the background ost from the Instagram version was better/made the scene more emotional.

Yes, I think they changed the background music...the last episode released for VIP users contained all three OSTs as background music which made that scene so much more emotional. Then they changed it for regular users which is a dumb idea. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have been seeing the posts mentioning the prophecy of fox waiting (last words of xiao feng). Can you please tell me in which episode that included? I only remember Gu Jian meeting a witch and the prophecy for him being dead at the end. I must've missed prophecy of LCY and XF at some point where I was watching without subs.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Is this  extra epilogue parts over? Or we have some more to quench our thirst in their sweet love?:kiss_wink::wub:

I think we'll still have the scene with AD,then when he carry her,then when she leaning her head to his shoulder and he hug her:heart: 

ahhh pig running scene too:lol: (if you watched engsub  bts of bonus ep on YT,the uploader explained abt "pig running" in the comment section:lol: )

@rosierosie yes,he's the same PD and that guard is PZ:lol: 

@ElleSor you're welcome:heart: but i like his eyes more:wub:

59 minutes ago, ChocoInnie said:

I have been seeing the posts mentioning the prophecy of fox waiting (last words of xiao feng). 

i think that's in ep 1 when XF -LCY first meeting,there's a little fox song BGM,but when i watched with viki sub that first meet implied XF is the fox and LCY is the shepperd girl who took fox heart and never comeback.

and then in XF dream after GXW told abt little prince story,LCY is the fox and XF is the girl who took his heart away and never comeback (bcos LCY motive to destroy DC).

So the scene when XF dying and said the fox can't wait the girl..(bcos so much happen between them,that's why they can't be together in this life) my theory:lol: ,btw @ayang23 dun worry,i love to read your long post:heart: it's really fun we share and discuss abt this drama.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Erafera1 said:

Engsub ep 3

No GJ on the tree,but there's CCTV :lol:

So sweet! If I were to marry Lao Wu, I can just eat air all day like PXR as long as I get to see CXX face... :wub::wub:

Who cares about financial troubles??!! :P

The CCTV is really funny tho. I always found it very creepy when GJ stands on the tree spying on XF! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, rosierosie said:

Found this version of Love Catastrophe, because I was looking for the English lyric.

Do Chinese drama recycled songs/osts from other drama?? I still prefer the version for GMY^^.

Yes, I believe so. There have been other Chinese osts I've heard in other dramas that have been reused too. But yes, I do prefer Love Catastrophe for GMP as well hehehe!

• Like 2