[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Goodbye My Princess 东宫

0ly40

Spoiler a bit

Spoiler

There will be a bed scene in the novel, don't know if the drama follow this :rolleyes: But it's not happy, it's so angst. It was like he forced her and XF said "just like dog bites"

Maybe i think this is that scene.

6d197393ly1g0ojt0kiv1g20f80e81la.gif

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, furu.vu217 said:

Spoiler a bit

Reveal hidden contents

There will be a bed scene in the novel, don't know if the drama follow this :rolleyes: But it's not happy, it's so angst. It was like he forced her and XF said "just like dog bites"

Maybe i think this is that scene.

6d197393ly1g0ojt0kiv1g20f80e81la.gif

This scene is I think when she started to regain her memories and she knows how ruthless LCY was towards her family, coz she has a head band around her and there was a scene where she will get super headaches and started to scream towards him which will be controlled by him.  And that is when he will try to carry her inside her palace.  I don't know if there will be a make out scene after this sad scene, but I feel bad for both of them.  :bawling:

• Sad 4

50 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

This scene is I think when she started to regain her memories and she knows how ruthless LCY was towards her family, coz she has a head band around her and there was a scene where she will get super headaches and started to scream towards him which will be controlled by him.  And that is when he will try to carry her inside her palace.  I don't know if there will be a make out scene after this sad scene, but I feel bad for both of them.  :bawling:

Spoiler

Spoiler

In the novel, after XF returned when kidnapped by a stranger (GJ), XF recalled everything. LCY visited and hugged XF, XF stabbed LCY with a knife and scream like in a trailer.

61d1dc63ly1g08dbtkwjgg20fx0e8b2e.gif

The scene that LCY forced XF was later a while (after GJ was killed by LCY), before when XF prepared a plan to escape.

6d197393ly1g0ojscgzcog20jo0e8u18.gif

Some fans on weibo guess this is a goodbye kiss.

0067gTKTly1g0ucq54a8ug30nc0a81l0.gif&key

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

44 minutes ago, furu.vu217 said:

Spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

In the novel, after XF returned when kidnapped by a stranger (GJ), XF recalled everything. LCY visited and hugged XF, XF stabbed LCY with a knife and scream like in a trailer.

61d1dc63ly1g08dbtkwjgg20fx0e8b2e.gif

The scene that LCY forced XF was later a while (after GJ was killed by LCY), before when XF prepared a plan to escape.

6d197393ly1g0ojscgzcog20jo0e8u18.gif

Some fans on weibo guess this is a goodbye kiss.

0067gTKTly1g0ucq54a8ug30nc0a81l0.gif&key

Thanks for posting these, @furu.vu217! So sad but it all does match up with the novel.. 

Additional novel spoilers for those of you trying hard to guard yourselves from heartache: 

Spoiler

The way Xiao Feng recovers her memories is really sad. As people have mentioned already,  it happens when she's "kidnapped" by Gu Jian (long story there so won't go into the details). By this point, Xiao Feng and Li Cheng Yin have gotten much closer and she's pretty much in love with him all over again. The look in his eyes when she's being taken away by Gu Jian convinces her that Li Cheng Yin feels the same way about her, too-- it's actually one of the first times she believes his heart doesn't just belong with Se Se. 

The one night while she's still hiding away with Gu Jian, she looks out her window to the street festival below and sees Li Cheng Yin with Se Se. They're laughing and having a good time together without eyes for anyone else but each other. As you can imagine, Xiao Feng is shocked.. she can't understand how the man who looked devastated when she was kidnapped could just go on with his life like nothing happened. She then gets a fever, and it's in her feverish state that she regains all her memories. 

Sigh. Heartbreak ahead. 

Does anyone know / have a guess about that scene where they're in the tall, round bed and are both wearing yellow robes? It looks like the (only) mutual kiss scene after the Western Liang episodes. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

28 minutes ago, ohLIME said:

Thanks for posting these, @furu.vu217! So sad but it all does match up with the novel.. 

Additional novel spoilers for those of you trying hard to guard yourselves from heartache: 

Hide contents

The way Xiao Feng recovers her memories is really sad. As people have mentioned already,  it happens when she's "kidnapped" by Gu Jian (long story there so won't go into the details). By this point, Xiao Feng and Li Cheng Yin have gotten much closer and she's pretty much in love with him all over again. The look in his eyes when she's being taken away by Gu Jian convinces her that Li Cheng Yin feels the same way about her, too-- it's actually one of the first times she believes his heart doesn't just belong with Se Se. 

The one night while she's still hiding away with Gu Jian, she looks out her window to the street festival below and sees Li Cheng Yin with Se Se. They're laughing and having a good time together without eyes for anyone else but each other. As you can imagine, Xiao Feng is shocked.. she can't understand how the man who looked devastated when she was kidnapped could just go on with his life like nothing happened. She then gets a fever, and it's in her feverish state that she regains all her memories. 

Sigh. Heartbreak ahead. 

Does anyone know / have a guess about that scene where they're in the tall, round bed and are both wearing yellow robes? It looks like the (only) mutual kiss scene after the Western Liang episodes. 

when an assassination attempt is made (orchestrated by LCYin) but LCYin gets hurt while savings XF..and she gets all kinder towards him. Also, there should be a scene where empress (grandmom) forces the two to spend a night together and kiss happens :)

they end up kissing a lot, each time they fight (after the first kiss :P .. which is when XF is taking or is being made to take care of him since he is not well)

@furu.vu217 : its just a forced kiss.. nothing more.. and if she cries, LCYin will stop himself goading her to love him and only him and forget GXW

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, furu.vu217 said:

Spoiler a bit

So in the novel their really consummated their marriage by force right? LCY didn't stop halfway? 

After that there also a part in the novel which LCY dragged & bring XF to a room(?) coz he's angry at her for accepting a girl given by emperor to LCY in a party or something like that right? Their struggling but then he falls asleep coz XF put some kind of sleep powder in her nails & scratched him with it. 

I really hope he don't force her all the way in the drama's scene you mentioned in the spoiler ughh. Maybe they can make it like this in the drama;

-he tried to force her but stop himself halfway

or

-like the novel, he tried but she scratched him & he falls asleep

or

-he seduced her then she give in? though if she already regained her memory I doubt she will be in the mood for it:sweatingbullets:

Please let they consummated marriage by mutual consent. I even willing to accept if their consummated their marriage coz they both get drunk or it coz they get drugged by their grandma/empress or anybody that want them to have a heir LOL:P I just can't imagine the drama's LCY gonna forced her for it-_- Though he did some bad thing it obvious he loves & cares about her feelings.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

@furu.vu217 : its just a forced kiss.. nothing more.. and if she cries, LCYin will stop himself goading her to love him and only him and forget GXW

Spoiler

No, it really a bed scene that LCY forced her. XF even said it "just like dog bites" The author does not describe clearly but hinted at.

After saw new scenes, i really think like weibo fan ...

Spoiler

This is a goodbye kiss before XF escaped. She kisses him maybe for him to take sleeping pills.

53864605_1090501857801014_50302856772630

006XoSMzgy1g0yr2wylftj30u02i0qqr.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm stuck again in the drama that will have a sad ending, this is the same when I see "Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo". Both of these dramas can be guessed to have a sad ending based on a novel, but I still see because the storyline is packed well and the chemistry of the main couple. Honestly since episode 7 I had shed tears, all the beautiful words of LCY to XF the night before their wedding touched me deeply. LCY might think he can get rid of Grandfather XF without knowing XF, so he gets 2 benefits of revenge and love (even though it ultimately fails). I understand the attitude of LCY who wants to take the throne (because all the princes in all kingdoms have the same purpose), but even though he lost his memory but the acting style of deceiving a woman into revenge does not fade from his head. Since the second marriage with XF I hate LCY more because his fake love for Sese made Sese and her servant become shortsighted to get rid of XF from LCY. My heart is even more painful after reading the novel summary of this drama :

http://xia0yuer.tumblr.com/post/24595824421/review-of-eastern-palace-and-scene-translation-an#axzz5hdmCtxgb

So many painful things were done by LCY and Sese to XF, I just cried when I read that XF had a past memory again when she was kidnapped by GJ and saw LCY spent a happy time together with Sese (And not worrying about XF). LCY became so cruel because of the throne and jealousy that he did not understand that he killed GJ. Sorry to be honest I am happy when I know that in the end LCY killed Sese and his family for revenge. Sorry Sese, you mean nothing to LCY. Because of this, I understand why the death of XF is a proper punishment for LCY . Although I honestly want them together and have happy life if remember their past love story  TT

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ohLIME said:

Did you mean this scene ?

0063Xnbpgy1g0ugch6vh1g30ia0a67wj.gif

Spoiler

I think that's when LCY got sick. (as in the novel, LCY sees XF going to the toilet using potty lmaoooo) LCY teaches XF how to kiss but XF thinks it's like chewing on chicken thigh lol.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

2 hours ago, Golden Flower said:

youtube version of MV sung by the leads in case if can't watch youku version...

From your old post, I think u read the novel.  Can u please clear me about the XF death?  How did she die?  Did she slash her neck with a sword or did she die jumping down from height ?  Did she tried to attempt suicide twice?  Thanks.  Coz these 2 scenes appear in the spoiler mv 's

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

From your old post, I think u read the novel.  Can u please clear me about the XF death?  How did she die?  Did she slash her neck with a sword or did she die jumping down from height ?  Did she tried to attempt suicide twice?  Thanks.  Coz these 2 scenes appear in the spoiler mv 's

sorry if sassy help answer  , this is just a summary of someone on the internet about the end novel of this drama :

" In essence, after XF gave LCY some kind of sleeping pills, XF went away with Adu. But LCY ordered the army to close the gate, before the gate closed XF pushed Adu to get out so that the XF was left inside. XF tried to climb the cliff / wall but was found by LCY. He asks her, is she really that unwilling to be his bride, what is good about Gu Xiao Wu? She replies that she will never tell him the good things about Gu Xiao Wu. She asks him again if he would catch a hundred fireflies for her. Xiao Feng then bitterly says that it’s wonderful that he can forget for a whole lifetime, she wants to forget him forever, too. She runs to a cliff and jumps off, he grabs her wrist with his belt, but she tells him to forget her, Gu Xiao Wu. He realizes that he is actually Gu Xiao Wu and he is the person that she’s loved this whole time, but it’s too late as she has already severed his belt. He tried to jump off the cliff too, but Pei Zhao grabs him. Xiao Feng feels herself falling, falling, falling but A'Du uses herself to cushion her fall. As A'Du lies, broken and dying, Xiao Feng realizes that she cannot be separated from A'Du and A'Du cannot be separated from her. She tell A'Du that they are going back to Western Liang and uses A'Du’s golden knife to stab herself. After all that she’s been though, what is there to afraid of anymore? "

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

Looking forward to this scene tonite.  Look at his expression and his eyes, how authoritative as a man and husband.  He is really good.  I dont know why some soompiers in another drama thread keep telling that the leads acting are not good.

eGFrKk4.gif

ItI5RbS.gif

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

@qqbr21, thanks for answering me. 

But what  about this scene?  She is slashing her neck with the sword? when does this scenario happen? @furu.vu217 and who is the guy at the end of the gif pushing LCY and carrying XF?

Cute BTS Pic.

It was the end of the film when XF committed suicide. You can read the novel's in qqbr21's post. The guy maybe XF's brothers.

In the drama, maybe they changed plot a bit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2