[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Goodbye My Princess 东宫

0ly40

7 hours ago, razledgoose said:

just a question? --  does general pei like the princess as well?  I thought they were alluding to it somehow??

@Rouzmary and @ayang23 have already answered this well but thought I’d add a few details from the novel:

Spoiler

Because General Pei is constantly shadowing Xiao Feng and protecting her, his presence is constantly felt in the novel. There’s one scene where Xiao Feng is falling from a tall wall and he catches her in that slow-mo romantic way, which makes Xiao Feng remember the feeling of falling into the river of forgetfulness with Li Cheng Yin. She has dreams about falling while being held by a man (but can’t identify his face in her dreams), so she does wonder briefly if General Pei is that man. She also just thinks he’s good looking :rolleyes:

Overall, General Pei is a block of loyal wood and would never act on any romantic feelings toward Xiao Feng. There’s more hints in the novel that he might feel something more, but nothing substantial. I got super mad at him in the scene where his troops kill Gu Jian and he refuses to listen to Xiao Feng’s pleas to stop even though she’s basically crying her heart out. In those moments, it’s clear that Li Cheng Yin is General Pei’s #1 priority. 

On a a happier note, if you’re a fan of the princess who got drunk on her birthday and recited poetry for General Pei, you’re in luck because they get married! Their son is the narrator of the epilogue.

My favorite General Pei moment in the drama has been him showing off the bracelet Xiao Feng made for him to Gu Jian— so childish.

Both Gu Jian and Li Cheng Yin know that there’s nothing going on, but interestingly it looks like they’re bringing in the plot point where Se Se becomes convinced Xiao Feng loves General Pei. I can’t really feel bad for Se Se because she’s got a true mean-girl side (and brings a lot of grief onto herself), but man, her schemes are just getting less and less effective. Get yourself a few smart, evil maids to help out or something. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

So I never read the novel, but I’ve read spoilers...

Spoiler

LCY was never in love with Sese...but is using her for revenge??? Is that correct? 

Am I the only one who felt bad for Sese? At first, I didn’t think she was terrible. I felt so sorry for her because no one liked her ( lower birth status, the empress and the princesses didn’t like her)....And now the drama is hinting that LCY doesn’t really like her either, but is using her.....

But didn’t LCY is do the same thing to XF???

He meets the women under false pretenses....has them fall in love with him so he can gain the families trust......then he destroys them????....but the only difference is..he actually loves XF....

Ive never been more conflicted. I think LCY’s love for XF is really sweet..and that’s his one redeeming quality...but otherwise, I just feel bad for the women who are being manipulated

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, bluesunny3 said:

So I never read the novel, but I’ve read spoilers...

Reveal hidden contents

LCY was never in love with Sese...but is using her for revenge??? Is that correct? 

Am I the only one who felt bad for Sese? At first, I didn’t think she was terrible. I felt so sorry for her because no one liked her ( lower birth status, the empress and the princesses didn’t like her)....And now the drama is hinting that LCY doesn’t really like her either, but is using her.....

But didn’t LCY is do the same thing to XF???

He meets the women under false pretenses....has them fall in love with him so he can gain the families trust......then he destroys them????....but the only difference is..he actually loves XF....

Ive never been more conflicted. I think LCY’s love for XF is really sweet..and that’s his one redeeming quality...but otherwise, I just feel bad for the women who are being manipulated

Have u not noticed we've been calling him all kinds of names, the 'handsome jerk'?:lol:.  Not just the women in the story r falling for him, us ladies here r also mesmerized by his looks too but since we're all aware how manipulative he is, we're just watching him like hawks and then mentally wish he suffers in the end :tounge_xd:.

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Thanks 1

52577916_1587817908028753_5427169379905748269_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.cdninstagram.comimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRPnRzszG3IiRJ41Im_91images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcU_yBJfBnC6oTh64qd7l

There is that moment when stepping out of a flower bloom and while walking up all those stairs that one by one we are reminded through flashbacks of all those tender and yes even loving moments these two characters shared.   No matter what else was going on around them still two hearts willingly came together bowed in all directions and became one.  I actually thought long and hard about it and for her it was one wedding willingly and the giving freely of her heart.  The second not so much but rather out of obligation.  For him though I believe both weddings were truly ones of his willingness even though expected and as crazy as it sounds even with the memory loss he loved her then and he loves her now.  Maybe not as much as he will when remembering everything.

Yet I think it speaks volumes about XF for the male characters that get to know her and even lose their memory of her can't seem to help but find themselves taken by her personality and just the natural sense of who she is again and again. 

Beautiful inside and out without a doubt...

I loved how this writer combined the past with the present and in way allowed us to reflect on the prince who often feels like a frog.  Still when I think of the many scenes when looking back and even now it's odd I know but one can feel there is love.  Like putting her to bed, or protecting her by taking the object he was stabbed with and hiding it.  By choosing her to save more than once and allowing SeSe to fend for herself whether it's a pond or falling and cutting her hand there are other examples as well...

But as others have already shared I think the defining moment of his love for her will always be.  The moment he saw her jump and  willingly chose to join her without a second thought to himself.  Leaving everything his revenge, his position, and most of all his life to be with her.  Even while in the water he seeks her out and gives her his air and seals their last moments with a kiss...

He may be a frog sometimes with a few warts but there is a prince in there too...

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTdITXMw1U7VP4eCl0WYdUimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSRECnep139exskrYPpdNGoodbye+My+Princess+30.jpgGoodbye+My+Princess+5.jpgGoodbye+My+Princess+16.jpg52344424_415030309302303_5367378354844852460_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.cdninstagram.com

:heart:

Hello everybody!

Just dropping by the thread to ask if anyone can confirm how many episodes this drama has?  I've seen 55 elsewhere but I also see 30 episodes on the first page of the thread.  Obviously that's quite a big difference in episode count so I was wondering if anyone can confirm before I commit myself to stat watching.

Thank you!:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, raziela said:

Hello everybody!

Just dropping by the thread to ask if anyone can confirm how many episodes this drama has?  I've seen 55 elsewhere but I also see 30 episodes on the first page of the thread.  Obviously that's quite a big difference in episode count so I was wondering if anyone can confirm before I commit myself to stat watching.

From the airing schedule i've seen, it's 52 epis so should end its run on Youku on the 25th of March otherwise it ends on April 4th.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, raziela said:

Hello everybody!

Hello there @raziela welcome.  Irrespective of the no of episodes, you can give a try and I say, you will get hooked.  Since I have seen you in some of the threads which I have also watched, I hope you will also like this one.  Just my wishful thinking.  :love:

• Love 1

La historia es maravillosa, fresca, entretenida, con excelente ambientación, fotografía y actuaciones. La química de la pareja principal es impresionante. Entiendo que el único final lógico sea uno trágico. Con la historia que precede no hay posibilidades de terminar bien.

Pero como soy imaginativa me ilusiono con la tercera vida de la persona que habló el monje en el templo, siendo la primera en el Reino Xi, la segunda en el Imperio Li y la tercera ... que comience todo de nuevo y que ninguna de esas cosas pasan entre ellos.

Xiao Feng: Es hermosa, pura, alegre, apasionada, testaruda e irradia una luz maravillosa. No hay nada que decir de ella. Lamento que la abuela le impidiera escapar antes del matrimonio porque Li Cheng Yin la hubiera seguido por todo el desierto. 

Li Cheng Yin / Gu Xiao Wu: a pesar de todo, no creo que un codicioso hambriento de poder. No es como el segundo hermano. Su naturaleza es bondadosa, cálida y alegre. Probablemente, no tiene la menor idea de sus propios sentimientos. Hoy, no creo que esté listo para ser el emperador de una nación. Se puede escribir fácilmente en las tramas de poder. No hay dudas de qué esté fascinado con Xiao Feng, se divierte y disfruta de compartir el tiempo con ella. La búsqueda no es importante. En la noche de bodas fue a Xiao Feng, frente a su rechazo, prestado y sobrio a la mañana siguiente, tuvo un solo gesto de consumir el matrimonio con matrimonio. 

Gu Jian: la quiere, pero también siempre fue un cobarde confundido. La verdad es que, entre otras cosas, a pesar de lo que había pasado.

Quiero un final donde Xiao Feng y Li Cheng Yin puedan terminar juntos y donde no haya pasado nada de la historia que tuvieron. Si en la tercera vida ella muere nuevamente prefiero no verla mas.

Edited by gsmith
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, jewelsc said:

From the airing schedule i've seen, it's 52 epis so should end its run on Youku on the 25th of March otherwise it ends on April 4th.

Thanks so much for replying.  Have to admit I wished it was the original 30 episodes because I'm fatigued by these very long C-dramas.

1 hour ago, pad-hari said:

Hello there @raziela welcome.  Irrespective of the no of episodes, you can give a try and I say, you will get hooked.  Since I have seen you in some of the threads which I have also watched, I hope you will also like this one.  Just my wishful thinking.  :love:

Hello @pad-hari !

giphy.gif 

Thank you for the recommendation. I actually decided to try the drama out and I am on episode 2.  It's going by very quickly which is a good sign.  I like the female lead so far.  Not sure about the male lead yet. I find the directing kind of awkward and cheesy but the story has me hooked so far.

You reminded me I still need to post my reactions about the end of About is Love on the thread...

• Love 1

3 hours ago, raziela said:

Thank you for the recommendation. I actually decided to try the drama out and I am on episode 2.  It's going by very quickly which is a good sign.  I like the female lead so far.  Not sure about the male lead yet. I find the directing kind of awkward and cheesy but the story has me hooked so far.

You reminded me I still need to post my reactions about the end of About is Love on the thread

You are welcome.  As the episodes move, you will actually fall for our villanous hero LCY coz initially we all were in for our cute FL but later it changed.:tounge_wink:

yeah right, me too i have yet to give my final review on the finale epiosed of AIL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kongshiah said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfNL0JNlEv0

Lol i love how they both told sese to shut up as they're arguing with each other. Also the actor playing crown prince has such a deep voice :wub:

Yes, for those who are not close to them, it certainly looks like they are always at odds with each other but for those who know LCY well, there is indeed a need to watch over him carefully because as Mr Chai said, He seems to treat XF differently lately. I guess, LCY's love for XF shines through sometimes and even he is caught off guard or does not notice it. 

It's just so sad that everything he has been taught to be an effective crown prince and to secure the throne is in conflict with how he feels for XF. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

For those who wonder, this drama is getting a pretty good response in China. It's quite hot.

Since GBP is webdrama, there will be no rating data. In addition, this drama was aired exclusively on Youku but Youku blocked the views so we couldn't know how many views.
But currently GBP has 7.6 in Douban (and likely to increase more in the future because the dram is currently only half ) with 36.6k + votes. Occasionally, GBP is no.1 hot topic about webdrama. After the drama's air, there often have the top search on weibo (for example, "LCY XF's wedding", "the concubine's baby is not LCY's", "Confession of Eastern Palace's fangirl," ...)

I am very happy for the crew and actors. Actually, I like drama more than novel because the novel is just through POV's XF. The drama has adjustment, adding a lot of interesting details. The interior of the character is reasonably developed, especially LCY character.

53369492_310014209710573_760244729053551

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 5

40 minutes ago, furu.vu217 said:

For those who wonder, this drama is getting a pretty good response in China. It's quite hot.

Since GBP is webdrama, there will be no rating data. In addition, this drama was aired exclusively on Youku but Youku blocked the views so we couldn't know how many views.
But currently GBP has 7.6 in Douban (and likely to increase more in the future because the dram is currently only half ) with 36.6k + votes. Occasionally, GBP is no.1 hot topic about webdrama. After the drama's air, there often have the top search on weibo (for example, "LCY XF's wedding", "the concubine's baby is not LCY's", "Confession of Eastern Palace's fangirl," ...)

I am very happy for the crew and actors. Actually, I like drama more than novel because the novel is just through POV's XF. The drama has adjustment, adding a lot of interesting details. The interior of the character is reasonably developed, especially LCY character.

53369492_310014209710573_760244729053551

This is awesome!!! Thank you for sharing. I am so happy for the cast!!!! They definitely deserve it! Hope it continues to thrive and have even more ppl watch it!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, furu.vu217 said:

But currently GBP has 7.6 in Douban (and likely to increase more in the future because the dram is currently only half ) with 36.6k + votes. Occasionally, GBP is no.1 hot topic about webdrama

Awwww, thank you for this info.  Indeed we were discussing about how popular.this drama is in China.  Since this drama was not on the list at all in the weekly ratings,  I thought it's not doing well.  Now that u have confirmed about the popularity of this drama,  I am really happy for the cast and the crew.  Hope it gets more popular.  :love::wub:

• Love 1

So funny yesterday "东宫女孩认罪书 (Confession of Eastern Palace's fangirl)" is trending top search on weibo. At first, when the drama starts broadcasting, fan only want SE and "Eastern Palace's male lead must be lonely and old" trending on weibo. But now they are from wanting a tragic ending to asking for a happy ending for OTP. They wrote that all the mistakes were theirs, like "I killed grandfather. I killed mother. Li Cheng Yin did not wrong" and "Xiao Feng and Li Cheng Yin should grow old together" :lol: I think all thanks to the chemistry between the leads and the script that creates a LCY who loves and cares to the XF, ... The fans don't want they have a tragic ending.

Spoiler

D1M5PkhUwAE1__q.jpg53826568_1330297270446308_30978714686382

I want SE but i also want HE too because LCY & XF's sweet moment, so confused lol :sweatingbullets: I want to see sweet scenes more because we know the final part of drama will be have a lot of angst.

This week will be full of love, i think because based on the preview of 4 ep 33-36.  I've waited a long time to get to the next kisses scene lol :wub:

0067gTKTly1g0ucq54a8ug30nc0a81l0.gif

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

12 hours ago, kongshiah said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfNL0JNlEv0

Lol i love how they both told sese to shut up as they're arguing with each other. Also the actor playing crown prince has such a deep voice :wub:

omg that was hilarious! Especially at 1:04 where he yells Sese and looks at her yet catches Xiaofeng ahahhahahaa the actors also know how funny the scene is :joy:

• LOL 3

I don’t really get the political side of the story. Can someone explain a little. Who is this Mr Chai that is GJ adoptive father? Why does it feels like the the king hates LCY? Isn’t he his real son? 

Are LCY trying to overthrow his father? And if so why? He’s after all the only Prince left in the capital isn’t he? And the only smart on.