[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Goodbye My Princess 东宫

0ly40

6 hours ago, shihuangdi said:

@marinated_lemon so they only forget about the love memory? Because LCY still remembers his childhood “love” Se Se, and XF also still remembers An Du? And what about those around them? Do they also have no memories about them being together before?

Edit: I watched more episodes and clears up about this matter. 

Off topic, but Peng Xiaoran reminds me of Tang Yan (although she is called Fan Bingbing protege). She has the same skin complexion and their smile + dimple is similar.

Also, its quite interesting that the actor that plays LCY also plays Yang Kang. I think both has similar character - evil but loves his woman dearly. 

the river helps to forget the most painful memory that one wants relief from

therefore anything and anyone who could connect to destuction of danchi and the pain of love is erased from her memory - 

she jumped wishing that - she forgot GJ, GXW, deaths, mom deaths, dad going insance, grandpa etc

He jumped wishing forgetting her only if she chooses to forget him- because his pain is she forgetting him - and hence the only thing he forgets is her and GJ's role in their love story (the only other person who had anything to do there)

• Like 5

Oh my God, @USAFarmgirl.

Yes, I feel so much like what you are feeling!!!

I can't seem to let go of this tragic drama.

I am such a sucker for love that was not fated but still exists.:bawling:

I want to see them happy that I want to forget they  have an actual sad ending waiting for them.

18 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

the river helps to forget the most painful memory that one wants relief from

therefore anything and anyone who could connect to destuction of danchi and the pain of love is erased from her memory - 

she jumped wishing that - she forgot GJ, GXW, deaths, mom deaths, dad going insance, grandpa etc

He jumped wishing forgetting her only if she chooses to forget him- because his pain is she forgetting him - and hence the only thing he forgets is her and GJ's role in their love story (the only other person who had anything to do there)

My heart broke for the two of them when he ultimately grabs her when they are falling into the river of forgetfulness and he says

"I will accompany you to forget"

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, ElleSor said:

Oh my God, @USAFarmgirl.

Yes, I feel so much like what you are feeling!!!

I can't seem to let go of this tragic drama.

I am such a sucker for love that was not fated but still exists.:bawling:

I want to see them happy that I want to forget they  have an actual sad ending waiting for them.

My heart broke for the two of them when he ultimately grabs her when they are falling into the river of forgetfulness and he says

"I will accompany you to forget"

Ys but in that line is the hidden meaning too, or atleast i hope.

Before falling she told him that the river helps forget, I will forget you. Let me test if myth is true. But then she also tells him that noone ever came out alive.

So if saying he will accompany , could also mean him saying will accompany in death

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Couple of thoughts:

1. LCYin isn't a greedy, power hungry man. The crux of the thing is he lost family and is on revenge. He lost family to empress and minister Gao, he lost family to Danchi (his people, his brother)

2. The fall

If I go by whatever we have heard of the river from XF since the very beginning, it takes away the most painful memory. The fact that XF keeps getting these snippets of her past life and GXW gets none. She remembers first and he much much later. If you look at it from another angle, it could also be interpreted as LCYin's love being so much more deeper for XF than XF's for him.

I love the drama but think they really haven't brought out how much XF meant to him in the 1st 10 episodes. I'd like to assume, he fell insanely in love with her. That is why he was willing to go and fight the wolf alone, for her, to be deserving of her and I doubt anyone knows about this. The fact he jumped after her without blnking an eye and intended to jump after her in the last death scene too, speaks volume about how important XF is to him.

Do we not have chinese speaking people here? If the videos/intws could be translated, that would be such a great help.

Anyone can translate stuff from 29-32?

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Love 4

23 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Couple of thoughts:

1. LCYin isn't a greedy, power hungry man. The crux of the thing is he lost family and is on revenge. He lost family to empress and minister Gao, he lost family to Danchi (his people, his brother)

2. The fall

If I go by whatever we have heard of the river from XF since the very beginning, it takes away the most painful memory. The fact that XF keeps getting these snippets of her past life and GXW gets none. She remembers first and he much much later. If you look at it from another angle, it could also be interpreted as LCYin's love being so much more deeper for XF than XF's for him.

I love the drama but think they really haven't brought out how much XF meant to him in the 1st 10 episodes. I'd like to assume, he fell insanely in love with her. That is why he was willing to go and fight the wolf alone, for her, to be deserving of her and I doubt anyone knows about this. The fact he jumped after her without blnking an eye and intended to jump after her in the last death scene too, speaks volume about how important XF is to him.

Do we not have chinese speaking people here? If the videos/intws could be translated, that would be such a great help.

Anyone can translate stuff from 29-32?

I agree with you @enigmatic_zephy .. he really loves her so much .. even though he is the bad person .. he still loves her... he even tells her not to be crazy.. try his very best to pull her up.. gosh.. you makes me wanna watch ep 1 one back.. hahahahahhaha

Even though they have forget those painful memories but his care to her never fail.. the crab part in the recent episode proofs it all.. the way he sees her eating the crab meat happily was priceless ... <3 

awwwww.... got to wait again... today is just friday!! how i wish tomorrow is Tuesday.. hahahahhahahahaha

• Like 2

12 hours ago, pad-hari said:

They r not the original singers.  They just sang maybe for promotion.  But their voice is so good.

I don't know the male singer, but I think the female voice seems to be Sa Dingding.

It's not on maplestage but uploaded on another website

Reveal hidden contents

Dramas.biz

wauw.. sa ding ding. i'm very like her voice, her voice is so amazing and high. i know her from AOL,the ending ost from AOL is by sa ding ding, her voice is great. i want to hear her voice again .:heart:

• Like 1

Haven’t seen 29-32 yet (can’t wait to watch tomorrow!) but the trailers for 33, 34 and 35 have lots of the sweet moments:

https://m.bilibili.com/video/av45648943.html

https://m.bilibili.com/video/av45653260.html

Well, except for the part in 33 where...

Spoiler

The queen tells Li Cheng Yin that she has a present for him and it turns out to be the pregnant servant girl?? Sigh, looks like that storyline is coming up ASAP. 

On the bright side, Se Se looks pissed.

• Thanks 4

I really wish i could understand Chinese or at least read it T__T one episode a day from viki is not enough arghh.

I honestly have such a love hate relationship with the male lead.. I love when he is sweet to the female lead but hate him at the same time knowing what he had done to her family. I have never felt so conflicted about a character like this which is probaly why im so addicted to this drama wanting to know what else he would do next. Hes so in love with the female lead but his love for power is stronger? or atleast his hunger for revenge is stronger. I want to root for the male lead and female lead but i could never  support such a toxic relationship where she's obviously traumatized by what he had done and doesn't want to be with him. BUT THEYRE SO CUTE TOGETHER !!?!??!

• Like 2

The video with lot of spoilers. 

cr:as tagged

Spoiler

How will XF commit suicide?  Coz in this video she slashes her neck and kills herself.  But in one of the videos i saw her jumping from height and commit suicide.  will she try suicide twice?  OMG:bawling:

I think XF is pleading not to kill GJ.  But he is ruthless and orders his execution.  The expression on his face, OMG!!!!!  :sweatingbullets: Scary!!!! His acting is really so good!!!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ohLIME said:

Haven’t seen 29-32 yet (can’t wait to watch tomorrow!) but the trailers for 33, 34 and 35 have lots of the sweet moments:

https://m.bilibili.com/video/av45648943.html

https://m.bilibili.com/video/av45653260.html

Well, except for the part in 33 where...

Reveal hidden contents

The queen tells Li Cheng Yin that she has a present for him and it turns out to be the pregnant servant girl?? Sigh, looks like that storyline is coming up ASAP. 

On the bright side, Se Se looks pissed.

wait pregnant maid!? how did that happen?? Aiya Li Chengyin..

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, kongshiah said:

Hide contents

wait pregnant maid!? how did that happen?? Aiya Li Chengyin..

I think the maid already prego when the queen found out (I'm not sure who's the father since i barely understand chinese), so the queen decided to give the maid to Chengyin (she made Chengyin drunk, so the maid can sneakily into his bed, pretending that she and Chengyin sleep together), so this is the queen's scheme, but maybe I'm wrong, please correct me if so.

• Like 2

So, LCY did not get drunk and slept with the maid.  Its the queen who is scheming here with the maid who is already preggo.  He is a being used by the queen and he turns ruthless to protect himself. Its the situations surrounding him which makes him bad to avoid political scheming around him.  

• Like 6

Thanks for the Explanations can’t wait to see how Xiao Feng will react when she hears the news.

Also just wanted to say how impressed I am with the cast. I love seeing new faces especially since lots drama these days basically have the same set of casts. the actress playing Xiao Feng is doing an amazing job she’s so pretty and portrays the bubbly innocent ninth princess very well. As for the actor playing Li Chengyin I think he is good at expressing emotions. I felt it when he was crying begging Xiao Feng to forgive him. 

ALSO I KNOW IM WRITING ALOT BUT IM REALLY ENJOYING THIS DRAMA AT THE MOMENT. Never felt this way since three miles of peach blossoms haha but anyways. Does anyone else love how twisted the male lead is? It’s different and kinda raw to see a male lead who loves the female lead a lot but if it means using her and hurting her to get what he wants he will do it. In other dramas the male leads are always  weak for love and sacrifices everything (like his throne) to be with the female lead. Not to say I don’t love a man willing to do everything for the person he loves but I liked seeing a different male lead who is a bit more twisted. Could I be turning into a masochist who falls for  manipulative bad boys?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, pad-hari said:

The video with lot of spoilers. 

cr:as tagged

Hide contents

How will XF commit suicide?  Coz in this video she slashes her neck and kills herself.  But in one of the videos i saw her jumping from height and commit suicide.  will she try suicide twice?  OMG:bawling:

I think XF is pleading not to kill GJ.  But he is ruthless and orders his execution.  The expression on his face, OMG!!!!!  :sweatingbullets: Scary!!!! His acting is really so good!!! 

Spoiler

What? LCY killed GJ? Why? in what episode? I quite like GJ sometimes I feel he is quite sorry.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

So, LCY did not get drunk and slept with the maid.  Its the queen who is scheming here with the maid who is already preggo.  He is a being used by the queen and he turns ruthless to protect himself. Its the situations surrounding him which makes him bad to avoid political scheming around him.   

Spoiler

is this maid the same as the maid who claims to be pregnant when she wants to be punished by the queen because she feels like throwing up when she wants to clean the quuen's desk or what in episode 29?

• Like 1