[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Goodbye My Princess 东宫

0ly40

2 hours ago, lovecarnation said:

Thank you for your answer,  I don't know whether Japan's era influenced China, but I have heard a story in childhood when Japanese people were actually originally from China, they were a group of people sent by the king of the Qin dynasty to look for drugs that could live forever (cangshenbulao yao) and the group of people who went and did not come back again and stood up to be Japanese, this is a childhood story I have heard before, don't know if you have heard before?

I heard that same story but you can expect them to remember their origins if it’s true. Also, Japan is well established by the time Tang Dynasty is around so I think maybe they were influenced and verse reversal as well. But, I can still be wrong but FL clothing is so much better than the queen. The queen makeup is so scary. Lol 

i keep looking at her eyebrows to make sure if she really shaved them. Hahaha :lol:

• LOL 4

7 hours ago, XxchinesedramacrazexX said:

nahh I don't think he is trying to seduce her for that purpose. I think he is just doing those things because he cares about her lool unless I'm totally off which I'm hoping I'm not

It can be both. He rally cares about her, but he also wants to show off his ability to open up a crab (which needs some wit and muscle. Hahaha) and if he is lucky, she might be open up to loving him back (perhaps more than the way she seems to care about him before he was the crowned prince, i.e. visiting him in prison, following him around)

To think about it in LCY side, it was actually quite sad.

Think about it: He did what he did (danchi massacre) to pave the way for his revenge. If only he can undo that, quit the revenge thing and just elope with XF, things wont be this messy. But perhaps he wont be able to be live in peace with himself, albeit feeling tremendously happily lovey dovey with XF.

(And now that we cant undo the massacre, XF also wants to hurt him her own way -by letting him believe that she is in love with GXW as if GXW is someone else! Such a mess!)

Should he just jump into the River of Oblivion right after the first crown prince was killed? (* wishful thinking)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, vlvl1 said:

I heard that same story but you can expect them to remember their origins if it’s true. Also, Japan is well established by the time Tang Dynasty is around so I think maybe they were influenced and verse reversal as well. But, I can still be wrong but FL clothing is so much better than the queen. The queen makeup is so scary. Lol 

i keep looking at her eyebrows to make sure if she really shaved them. Hahaha :lol:

I did not know about the dynasties in China and whether the qin dynasty or tang dynasty was first in ancient times, but I found many Japanese writings that resembled mandarin writing with different readings of course.

yes, I was also very frustrated when I saw the makeup of the queen, I really couldn't think of how they made her face with short eyebrows almost nothing like that and not only that the lips were also very bad with a lipstick polish just in middle, really Looks like a Japanese model ... lol

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

oh man! today is just wednesday.. i got to wait for another day !!!!!! can't wait to watch ep 29 - 32 !! woohoo...

i agree with most of you about the Queen.. whenever she appear, i will just minimize the screen and just listen to the conversation, i dare not look at her b'cos i worry i will have nightmare .... they shouldn't shave off her eye brow! OMG! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

LCYin jumping into the river is the only action which acts as proof on how important XF is to him.

Basically, you never know true intentions until in survival mode. I can torture you and your brain will work the way it wants to unless i catch you offguard and make you feel the genuine survival danger..

Everywhere we can see LCYin prioritizes his revenge.. and we believe he loves XF less than her revenge..

But the fact that when she jumped to kill herself, he didn't even blink an eye and followed shows how deep is his connection to XF. Nothing mattered at that very instant - no mom, no dad, no revenge, no kingdom.. just her and the need to be with her

• Like 6

5 hours ago, lovecarnation said:

I did not know about the dynasties in China and whether the qin dynasty or tang dynasty was first in ancient times, but I found many Japanese writings that resembled mandarin writing with different readings of course.

yes, I was also very frustrated when I saw the makeup of the queen, I really couldn't think of how they made her face with short eyebrows almost nothing like that and not only that the lips were also very bad with a lipstick polish just in middle, really Looks like a Japanese model ... lol

Qin dynasty is the first dynasty and was established by the first emperor, Qin Shi Huang several hundreds years before Tang Dynasty. Also, that story abt people going to Japan was originated from here. The first emperor wanted to find the elixir of eternal life and sent a group of people over there but they never came back. But, I don’t know if it’s true but you are correct many Japanese characters are Chinese. Also, when I hear them talk with that has the same word is the same pronounation in Chinese. Maybe..haha.. We are all cousins. :lol:

Also, that queen has the most super crazy makeup...:astonished:....LOL

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

I planned to watch it marathon after it finished, don’t like to watch tragic ending, but now i’m hooked. The female lead is awesome. I like the way she portrayed Xiao Feng. While XF was not the brightest bulb in the scheming environment, she’s fun , free and adorable. She didn’t give the vibe of getting fool repeatedly by others. She just not belong in the palace or political scheme.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Omg!!!! The horse riding thing is real unlike the galloping machine.  The cast have really worked hard.  :wub:

Cr: uploader

WOW, that is so cool! They really did train for it hard 

• Like 3

Oh man, i really think they would've made such perfect couple,  just the way they had so much fun together even when they r bickering with each other and u can tell they love each other too if LCY wasn't such an a$$...everyone played apart of deceiving XF, even Ah Du, this story is just playing roller coaster with my emotions, one min. i'm laughing at their cute moments and the next i hate the way LCY treats her and then she remembers little thing here or there and i'm crying..wow, i never had so much emotions in just 1 epi in a drama..ever.

• Like 1

I really like how the actress potrayed Xiao Feng's character. She's cute without being cringy.  And she looks so fabulous whenever she wear outfit with the red colour.

Love this mv. She so cute especially when she always calling "Prince Yi, Prince Yi" to male lead aww. I'm falling for her just like how Li Cheng Yin falls for her:wub:

• Like 5
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, lovecarnation said:

The Queen's makeup is more accurate to the makeup trends of the Tang dynasty, which is when the series is supposed to take place. They actually toned the look down a little bit, since a heavy application of blush is also part of the look (along with the underlined lips, re-shaped eyebrows, and design on the forehead). If you google "makeup trends in the Tang dynasty" you can get an idea of what I am talking about with the blush. It makes sense that they don't make all the female characters wear it, since it's not really appealing to modern audiences, but I think it's nice that they decided to give a nod to historical accuracy.

• Like 5

I started watching this drama a few days ago and I'd just like to give Li Chengyin the Most Handsome Trash 2019 award. Like how can this boy make me hate him and swoon over him all at once. I didn't think I was a masochist until I watched this drama. LOL. Kudos to the writers/producers because this is how to effectively use the angsty bad boy trope. Also, Xiao Feng is so pretty. Hell, I'm in love with her and her dimples. How can our beautiful scum prince stand a chance? I'm so looking forward to the fluff and the pain. 

• LOL 9

1 hour ago, shiroazn said:

I started watching this drama a few days ago and I'd just like to give Li Chengyin the Most Handsome Trash 2019 award. Like how can this boy make me hate him and swoon over him all at once. I didn't think I was a masochist until I watched this drama. LOL. Kudos to the writers/producers because this is how to effectively use the angsty bad boy trope. Also, Xiao Feng is so pretty. Hell, I'm in love with her and her dimples. How can our beautiful scum prince stand a chance? I'm so looking forward to the fluff and the pain. 

15 hours ago, pad-hari said:

:kiss_wink::wub:

Cr:uploader

That clip is so cheesy but here we are, eating it up :lol: 

I second your award designation, @shiroazn! He is by far the worst male lead I’ve ever rooted for. I guess we all get to feel what Xiao Feng’s feeling?

• LOL 3

Does anyone know how this drama is doing in China/is it being well received? My guess would be that it is doing somewhat well since there is supposed to be an alternative ending when originally that wasn't the case.

2 hours ago, ayang23 said:

Does anyone know how this drama is doing in China/is it being well received? My guess would be that it is doing somewhat well since there is supposed to be an alternative ending when originally that wasn't the case.

In the weekly ratings, this drama was not listed.  Indeed we were discussing in the previous pages surprised why it is not doing well.:tired:

Another BTS royal wedding scene, cute:kiss_wink:

Cr: uploader

• Like 2

I think it was actually doing pretty good in ratings? I think The Legends was rated around 5th or 6th place and Goodbye My Princess was right behind it, so...I think it's doing ok with ratings.

Maybe someone knows where to get the latest rating info

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rouzmary said:

I think it was actually doing pretty good in ratings? I think The Legends was rated around 5th or 6th place and Goodbye My Princess was right behind it, so...I think it's doing ok with ratings?

http://www.chinesedrama.info/2019/03/weekly-chinese-drama-tv-ratings-feb-25.html

http://www.chinesedrama.info/2019/03/daily-chinese-drama-tv-ratings-mar-4.html

http://www.chinesedrama.info/2019/02/weekly-chinese-drama-tv-ratings-feb-18.html

It was never in the list behing The Legends.  But i dont know about its ratings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

darn, so maybe that was a one time deal...now I'm really curious just what it's rating is!

Thanx for the links :)

• Like 2