[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Goodbye My Princess 东宫

0ly40

1 hour ago, vlvl1 said:

Here r previews he where he treats her not so good like in the novel. Which we know he is doing this to protect her.

Why do you say so that he is not treating her well and to protect her from whom?  Doesn't all the higher ups Li dynasty people like her?

Lol, i can't help laughing each time he ended up saving XF instead of CC who he claimed to truly loved whenever they both fell and then he'd be like looking all guilty for not saving his 'love' first.

I hope they will stick to the novel bcos in the 2nd preview video, u can see she is still in pain and can never forgive nor will ever forget even if she jumps into the Forgetfulness river as much as she wants, it will still pops up whenever she sees something that can trigger back her memories. Unless they plan on giving an ending like TJOF where the ending was supposed to be sad but instead they gave it a HE.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

20 hours ago, jewelsc said:

Depends on where u r watching, it's 1 epi eveyday on regular showing like youtube etc while it's 4 epis on mondays and thursdays special.  

I haven't read the novel after seeing translation wasn't complete only bits here and there but continue with this thread and u may see a few novel spoilers once in a while by our novel friends here.

Thank you!

22 hours ago, Rouzmary said:

As far as I know, the episodes are aired on Mondays and Thursdays, 2 episodes on each day. Or was it 4 episodes each day? I think someone on the thread said 4...so either 2 or 4 XD Need clarification.

Haven't read the novel myself, but do know of it's spoilers :

Hide contents

it has a sad ending

How big of a spoiler do you want? If you want to, can be more specific.

As big as you are willing to give, which it is so kind of you! Thank you!

5 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Why do you say so that he is not treating her well and to protect her from whom?  Doesn't all the higher ups Li dynasty people like her?

Chengyin is most definitely treating Xiaofeng like crap (whenever there are others around) sort of to protect her from Zhao's & also achieve his goals with his revenge - that Sese is of Zhao family which was part of the plot to murder his mother, therefore Sese & Zhao's are also on his kill list...theeeerefore, for now he has to make Sese feel loved because he has not yet gained enough power as a newly minted crown prince to bring down the Zhaos, that is why he acts like a jerk to Xiaofeng so that Sese would not realise he actually cares for Xiaofeng & not Sese and wouldn't make trouble with his revenge

As for the higher ups, I guess they like her just fine as a political asset. At least the great grandma & the princesses do genuinely like her

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hell59 said:

As big as you are willing to give, which it is so kind of you! Thank you!

Ok, here we go:

Spoiler

from what I''ve read of the spoilers, in the end Xiaofeng commits suicide because by then she has remember his betrayal, that he totally played her in the palace regarding his revenge & sese (he faked his feelings for sese for years and thus treated Xiaofeng like crap all the  time) he ended up killing Gu Jiang as well and I think in the end Ah Du also died and so Xioafeng had only Chengyin left with all of his betrayals thus she rather ends her life.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Rouzmary said:

Ok, here we go:

Hide contents

from what I''ve read of the spoilers, in the end Xiaofeng commits suicide because by then she has remember his betrayal, that he totally played her in the palace regarding his revenge & sese (he faked his feelings for sese for years and thus treated Xiaofeng like crap all the  time) he ended up killing Gu Jiang as well and I think in the end Ah Du also died and so Xioafeng had only Chengyin left with all of his betrayals thus she rather ends her life.

Li ChengYin also used XiaoFeng and Ah Du as a bait to kill GuJian.

SPOILERS ahead....

Spoiler

His concubine Zhao framed XF for poisoning and LCY fully aware Zhao was lying, punished XF and put her under house arrest. Later, LCY set that house on fire, knowing GJ will come to save XF. AD saw the fire in time and she helped XF escape through the window. While they were hanging outside on the wall LCY ordered his guards to shoot arrows at them to stop them from escaping and put his plan to waste. He later told XF, his men were being careful and would never have hit her. XF then asked him what about AD, he replied what about her? she's just a slave. 

Compare this to GJ, who did come to save XF but instead saw her safe and AD under the rain of arrows....so he gave up his life to save AD, knowing that if AD died, XF will die too....out of sadness. He knew AD was the only family left for XF..... that her reason for living was AD.

I really do believe that one of the biggest reason why XF killed herself was because AD died and XF became all alone, she had no one left to live for.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, dito said:

SPOILERS ahead....

Reveal hidden contents

His concubine Zhao framed XF for poisoning and LCY fully aware Zhao was lying, punished XF and put her under house arrest. Later, LCY set that house on fire, knowing GJ will come to save XF. AD saw the fire in time and she helped XF escape through the window. While they were hanging outside on the wall LCY ordered his guards to shoot arrows at them to stop them from escaping and put his plan to waste. He later told XF, his men were being careful and would never have hit her. XF then asked him what about AD, he replied what about her? she's just a slave. 

Compare this to GJ, who did come to save XF but instead saw her safe and AD under the rain of arrows....so he gave up his life to save AD, knowing that if AD died, XF will die too....out of sadness. He knew AD was the only family left for XF..... that her reason for living was AD.

I really do believe that one of the biggest reason why XF killed herself was because AD died and XF became all alone, she had no one left to live for.

Had forgotten the bait part, but yup, that was nicely explained.

And yeah, main reason is loneliness.

Spoiler

Like, Chengyin is the one who got her beloved people killed, so even if she did love him, kinda impossible to live with him and since AhDu meant the world to her, Xiofeng lost all will to live. With everyone, with Ahdu, gone, she truly has no reason left to stay with Chengyin

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I think the way the creators of this drama chose to tell this story is making people think XF and LCY belong together....or at least they need a HE. When actually the author's whole purpose of telling this story was that 2 people may love each other but that doesn't mean they belong together......or will be happy together. For XF and LCY, staying together would have destroyed them. 

I really don't see the need for an alternate ending just as a fanservice. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, dito said:

SPOILERS ahead....

Hide contents

From what i've read based on the translated book Adu dies saving XF when she tries to commit suicide at the gate preventing her from dying by landing on her and so killing Adu in the process,that's when she uses the knife to take her life,mainly she indeed prepare before to die as she jumped but this moment looks even more sad and somehow poetic as their bound was far greater than blood ties and just as in the King's tent before the King died they vowed to be together forever,so XF trully followed her and not be alone in the afterlife...I think XF trully had experienced way too much heartache and loss and with GJ death and basicaly sacrifice it was the last drop she could handle and like mentioned,even if everything else was beyond her control the life or her death was a choice she will make by her own hand and no one else and in this she actually did,the only thing that LCY didn't stole from her...I trully wouldn't find at all a happy ending if she would have remained by his side,that would be her prison and punishment,love is wonderful and all but it's not all in life and the things he did and the blood he caused are far tooo horrible to end him have his happy ending,that would be just too twisted and that's not love at all,all he deserves is a long long life of suffering for all his deeds and see what he lost along the way for his revenge and what he did to her...His love is way to frighting to be rooted or be even called love,at least not for my standards...

So basically they changed the airing scheldule now,so do u guys know if there is airing twice a week with 2 eps by Mon/Th? 

I'm sooo sad as i got used to my daily dose and now the wait is even worsewhy change it!!!

• Like 3

Silent reader...

The more I read from this forum the more discouraging it is to continue to watch the drama. I am hopeful that given all the bad things LCY has and will commit in the future, he still truly love XF and she recognizes that. As the story unfolds, we get to see  XF and LCY loving each other but given what has happened in the past that XF feels obligated to not accept his love and killing herself was a way to be free. But so far from what I have read here... if LCY is such a terrible person from start to finish... this drama should have ended at episode 10. 

Though, I am not rooting for a happy ending but I want to believe LCY really loves XF and they had a good chance at it before memories come floating back. 

Just my two cents.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dito said:

I think the way the creators of this drama chose to tell this story is making people think XF and LCY belong together....or at least they need a HE. When actually the author's whole purpose of telling this story was that 2 people may love each other but that doesn't mean they belong together......or will be happy together. For XF and LCY, staying together would have destroyed them. 

I really don't see the need for an alternate ending just as a fanservice. 

Nicely put.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, pad-hari said:

No, he will not treat her well bez the higher the status it’s more dangerous. He treats XF bad so people can’t use her against him and she won’t get hurt from them as well. Remember what the original crown prince said to LCY. People who protected u at first is also the people will/can harm you later. That’s why he is doing that so the target won’t be on her but on SeSe.

i hope that clarifies things.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Goodbye My Princess May Get A Second Ending

Goodbye+My+Princess+36.jpg

Good news for Goodbye My Princess 东宫 viewers. Youku is in talk with producers about making a second ending for the series.  An alternate ending, so to speak.  The reason behind is mainly due to the fact that a lot of people have already read the novel and know how the drama will end.  They say, "The direction of the story determines the final fate of the protagonist.  We also hope to give the viewers more choices."  

Feb+25+goodbye+my+princess+7.jpg

On a personal note, I think it's nice of Youku to consider the feelings of the audience as some people might want a happy ending for Goodbye My Princess.  However, I do feel that they should stick to the original ending and be faithful to the novel.  But at the end of the day, it all boils down to personal preference.  How do you guys feel about Goodbye My Princess potentially getting a second ending?  

Feb+25+goodbye+my+princess+8.jpg

http://www.dramapanda.com/2019/03/goodbye-my-princess-may-get-second.html?m=1

• Like 2

Awww, @dito @Rouzmary @Miky88 thank you all for the spoilers.  

@dito excellently written.  Life is bed of roses, but our FL only had thorns from the day she received the marriage alliance with Li dynasty.  

Also, why A du died, @Miky88 was right.  She died when she tried to save XF.    

Actually I have finished watching all the 24 episodes and I have some scenes I like and I want to write a brief write up on that which I have made note off.  Since I am short of time, I am delaying it.  I will try to do that post shortly somehow.

And reg.the second ending, I don't think we can ever have a HE at all for all the wrongs ML did to the FL.  Even when he wants to expose Li Yan and the second prince in the 1000 Buddha temple corruption, he used FL 's innocence in exposing them.  He is an opportunistic who makes use of anyone whether it his dear ones, he don't mind.  So, if they are going to have a second ending LET THEM NOT KILL THE SHIFU GU JIAN AND MAKE THE REUNION OF FL WITH HIM AS SHE CAN NEVER BE WITH THE ML FOR ALL THE ATROCITIES HE DID TO HER. Whatya all think?

• Like 4

I'm glad I have not read the book and any spoilers past ep24 are book based. Things have been diverging from the book and I like the changes based on the summarized info people have been giving. I think I'm the only one who would like something other than the typical tragedy where one or both of a couple "in love" dies (often at their own hand). I hated The Rise of the Phoenixes ending so I do hope they come up with an alternate but there isn't much time to pull that off.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

Actually I have finished watching all the 24 episodes and I have some scenes I like and I want to write a brief write up on that which I have made note off.  Since I am short of time, I am delaying it.  I will try to do that post shortly somehow.

And reg.the second ending, I don't think we can ever have a HE at all for all the wrongs ML did to the FL.  Even when he wants to expose Li Yan and the second prince in the 1000 Buddha temple corruption, he used FL 's innocence in exposing them.  He is an opportunistic who makes use of anyone whether it his dear ones, he don't mind.  So, if they are going to have a second ending LET THEM NOT KILL THE SHIFU GU JIAN AND MAKE THE REUNION OF FL WITH HIM AS SHE CAN NEVER BE WITH THE ML FOR ALL THE ATROCITIES HE DID TO HER. Whatya all think?

On the minority maybe that i'm with u and would have loved if the HE would be for XF to get her freedom and live her life the way she wants and be happy while LCY gets the throne being all alone atoning for all his deeds if he even feels remorse that is...But being all alone is quite the karma for him......I am a hopless romantic and want my dramas always to have that Happy Ending but i also think about the journey that's paved to it and just thinking of all the blood and atrocities and how manipulative he is i just can't accept one for this doomed couple,just like the writer as well made it...It is kinda sad that people would root for him to be happy with her after all he does to her,and no,his revenge doesn't excuse his deeds and how he is torturing her along the way...Just using her to get revenge on all the others and not even blinking and thinking that someone else (GJ) would come save her so it's okey to hit,let people poison her or burn the house etc.,it makes him a highly manipulative psychopath in my eyes that no way i'll ever root for,to get a women like XF at the end of his journey...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pad-hari said:

Awww, @dito @Rouzmary @Miky88 thank you all for the spoilers.  

@dito excellently written.  Life is bed of roses, but our FL only had thorns from the day she received the marriage alliance with Li dynasty.  

Hahaha, I love the enthusiasm for that alternative ending. It *is* kind of a shame that Xiao Feng and Gu Jian don't get together. In the original novel, Xiao Feng never liked Gu Jian, but in the drama she has a crush on him in the beginning. He should have taken her away when he had the chance!

I've watched up to episode 24 and Xiao Feng just can't catch a break. There's a few sweet scenes with her and Li Cheng Yin between episodes 20-24, but no where NEAR enough before he starts being mean to her after their marriage. To be fair, it's because she learns that he led the forces that wiped out her grandfather's tribe (Danchi) and is super antagonistic to him after, but he also spends a bunch of time pretending to be in love with Se Se and that's not fun to watch. Wondering if the drama will give us any real OTP moments before Xiao Feng regains her memories? 

The MV-worthy moments are really what make this drama work. Love how the bridge scene in the palace (Li Cheng Yin stops Xiao Feng from crossing to tease her) is a call back to the bridge scene when Xiao Feng first meets Gu Xiao Wu. And the pretty shifting curtains when Gu Jian goes to Xiao Feng's room after the lantern festival-- so many feels! 

Sadly, the political story lines are pretty lame. After the 2nd prince is killed, the 3rd and 4th prince basically just opt out of the battle for crown prince?? All this talk about how hard it'll be to get the crown prince title and it's.. really not that hard. 

• Like 6