[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Goodbye My Princess 东宫

0ly40

Although I liked the ending to the show, and I know many of you are satisfied with the ending, I wanted an alternative ending for our favourite couple too! I am away on holidays at the moment so only able to write bits and pieces so please bear with me.

This is my version of the alternate ending and it starts at the war scene between Si Zhou and Li Dynasty. In my version, GZ and Ah Du is still alive.

Alternative ending to Goodbye My Princess.

”Becareful, Tai Zhi.” PZ warns, his eyes darting around at the surrounding Si Zhou army and in particular, GZ’s men. Their bows and arrows were raised in LCY’s direction. 

LCY nods. He turns his head and observes that GZ’s eyes were also trained on XF. A look of pure evil and anger crosses his GZ’s face and he realises that the Si Zhou army were listening and nodding in agreement to their princess. He felt a surge of pride at XF’s words, her strength and honour amazes him even till this day. LCY wonders sadly whether she will ever forgive him for all that he had wronged her. The return of his memories had hit him hard and he is still grappling with the past he had so conveniently forgotten. He finally understood XF’s actions and hurtful words. GXW was him and at this moment, he could not fathom what he could possibly do to reverse the pain of his previous actions on XF. LCY felt deeply that his wife was lost to him forever.

Suddenly, out of the corner of his eyes, LCY sees that GZ  release an arrow in XF’s direction. XF was oblivious to this as her attention was still focused on the Shi Zhou army. Without hesitation, LCY takes his eyes off GZ’s soldiers and releases an arrow. His arrow manages to deflect GZ’s arrow before it hits XF. LCY breathes a sigh of relief as XF gasp, horrified but safe. Moments later, he frowned as XF’s looks at him in horror and a pain blossoms across his chest. In his moment of distraction while saving XF, GZ’s men had taken the opportunity to shoot 2 arrows at him. With the last of his strength, LCY releases 3 arrows, hitting GZ, who vomits blood, falling of his horse, dead. 

LCY breathes a sigh of relief as his enemy dies. He looks once again at XF, at her worried eyes, the pain on her face evident even at this distance. He felt the last of his strength leave him as darkness overwhelms him and he falls off his horse into PZ’s arms. 

To be continued...

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Just watched some mvs of this drama and it made me sad all over again! This drama has seriously taken me on a crazy rollercoaster of emotions and I still can't get over it.. I really can't accept the ending, it's just too sad.. I just wish they were given a second chance once they both regained their memories! :bawling:

The way LCY was always willing to give up his life in order to appease or follow XF breaks my heart. He was so cold to XF when trying to stick to his revenge plan but she always snuck into his mind and heart and he always found a reason to see her and protect her. And XF, her love for LCY could never disappear no matter what had happened. She always found herself forgiving him and always tried to understand him and his royal position. Even when she could have run away, regardless of the fact that it would have caused an uproar, she hesitated because she loved him. Yes, there were other factors at play and some poor decisions from both of their part and some of the people around them but their lovestory in a whole was epic to me. They were a match made in heaven but fate wasn't on their side :tears:

One of my all time favourite couples! I really hope they act together again!

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Oh my goodness, I just saw the very first scene in the uncut version of episode 1 on goodbyemyprincess_cdrama's instagram page and it is SO sad.. reading the translation gave me goosebumps.. poor LCY.. I actually feel more and more sad for him as I re-watch the drama :tears: 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 5/1/2019 at 5:30 PM, J13 said:

Oh my goodness, I just saw the very first scene in the uncut version of episode 1 on goodbyemyprincess_cdrama's instagram page and it is SO sad.. reading the translation gave me goosebumps.. poor LCY.. I actually feel more and more sad for him as I re-watch the drama :tears: 

Same as me here. Yes,he did a big mistake to his lover but what he get in returned is also very painful. To make himself still breathing he have to lie to himself that XF still alive and hiding somewhere in the glass land, waiting for him. He can't let it go even she's dead. Actually, he's really heartless if we look at what he did to SS. He heartless toward everyone accept XF.

Edited by GBMP
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

I just watched the first two episodes of the korean release. Besides having more LCY scenes which give us further background into his character before he met XF,  it seems to me that there are also more XF and Gujian scenes together? In the original version, it was really fast paced, in no time we already had GXW and XF meeting each other. In this version, they spent some time showing XF and GJ’s pre-gxw friendship/relationship. Sometimes I find myself thinking I’m watching a completely new drama :huh:

• Like 1

This is a long shot but if you are interested in having the uncut (International Version) of Goodbye My Princess with English subs, particularly if you are in the U.S. and have a Netflix account, you can make a request for a title. After all they have had other Chinese Dramas Ashes of Love and Ten Thousand Miles of Peach Blossoms on the site. See the link https://www.wikihow.com/Request-New-Shows-and-Movies-from-Netflix I submitted a title request. I figure if there are enough requests, then maybe, maybe they may buy the license for it. You never know. Be sure to request the International 55 episode version if you have a Netflix account.

I have been looking around Weibo and watched the highlights reel from the production company and they definitely cut a lot of scenes from the mainland China version. There is a whole backstory shot with Mi Luo and Peng Zhou that is not even referenced, not to mention the kiss(es) in Li Cheng Yin's bedroom. Some people have noted that Li Cheng Yin had red ears and a mark on his cheek in the scene that was aired in China. I read the translated novel and it does describe the kiss he gives her after tying her hands with the belt, his ears turning red and her fighting back, biting him on the cheek. I have a feeling they shot the entire scene and when it was edited, they took out that prior to him requesting a kiss (in the novel he asks for a kiss back after kissing her) before letting her go. I wonder what else they had edited out. Other things I've found out while looking through Weibo is that Chen Xing Xu was on deliberate diet to lose weight at least from going through the posts on his Weibo page. I wonder if they (the director and production team) asked him to lose weight for the role. Also, it seems that the director Li Muge likes to shoot guns in his off time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, palilsan said:

This is a long shot but if you are interested in having the uncut (International Version) of Goodbye My Princess with English subs, particularly if you are in the U.S. and have a Netflix account, you can make a request for a title. After all they have had other Chinese Dramas Ashes of Love and Ten Thousand Miles of Peach Blossoms on the site. See the link https://www.wikihow.com/Request-New-Shows-and-Movies-from-Netflix I submitted a title request. I figure if there are enough requests, then maybe, maybe they may buy the license for it. You never know. Be sure to request the International 55 episode version if you have a Netflix account.

I have been looking around Weibo and watched the highlights reel from the production company and they definitely cut a lot of scenes from the mainland China version. There is a whole backstory shot with Mi Luo and Peng Zhou that is not even referenced, not to mention the kiss(es) in Li Cheng Yin's bedroom. Some people have noted that Li Cheng Yin had red ears and a mark on his cheek in the scene that was aired in China. I read the translated novel and it does describe the kiss he gives her after tying her hands with the belt, his ears turning red and her fighting back, biting him on the cheek. I have a feeling they shot the entire scene and when it was edited, they took out that prior to him requesting a kiss (in the novel he asks for a kiss back after kissing her) before letting her go. I wonder what else they had edited out. Other things I've found out while looking through Weibo is that Chen Xing Xu was on deliberate diet to lose weight at least from going through the posts on his Weibo page. I wonder if they (the director and production team) asked him to lose weight for the role. Also, it seems that the director Li Muge likes to shoot guns in his off time.

Doing this today. Thanks for the idea! Hope one day the 55 ep version of GMP does end up in Netflix :-)

• Like 4

Hey y’all! Lurker here! Thanks everyone for the updates on the drama! So glad the full version actually exists and is actually being aired. The only time I’ve been so upset from a drama being cut was Journey of Flower, but unlike GBMP, JOF never delivered on its promise to release uncut version. I hope Viki will be able to get it’s hands on the international version and update it. Or even better if Netflix license it!

Seeing the first episode, I couldn’t believe the amount of footage that got cut. Everything makes so much more sense now and the characters motivations and their actions becomes clearer for viewers now. Thanks again all! Will be waiting eagerly for more updates! ❤️

• Like 3

Bts when LCY remember :lol:

Cr.uploader 

17 minutes ago, biancardi said:

where can I watch the Korean extended version?  thanks!

Here

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

On 5/4/2019 at 8:47 AM, Erafera1 said:

Bts when LCY remember :lol:

Cr.uploader 

Here

OMG I love this full version! Everything has so much more depth! Thanks so much!!!

Btw, Pei Zhao slapping LCY a$$ was hilarious :D

Edited by Lil Birdie
  • Like 3