[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Goodbye My Princess 东宫

0ly40

On 4/1/2019 at 7:09 PM, dancingbee said:

On Ep 50, the emperor woke up with blood in his hand. Was he the one who killed his concubine, Ming Yeh?  She was dead with a sword stabbed right into her belly. Both mother and the baby inside died together. Or did she commit suicide?
Either case, what could be the reason for this death?

3 hours ago, aoife86 said:

I think she commit suicide. She really fall in love with the emperor, but he practically killed all of her family and don’t even let her father go (i assume he killed him with poison wine when they met).

so i think she felt guilty that she could fall in love with her family’s destroyer and commit suicide.

it’s mirroring how XF choose to die rather than be with LCY (although a big part of it because A’Du is gone too).

that’s why i think it doesn’t matter if XF tell LCY that he is GXW or if only LCY remember sooner that he is GXW. Cause in the end, XF will not choose to be by his side because he destroyed her whole family.

I have a question here why did the emperor dreamt that LCY 's mother wants to kill him? Does it signify anything?

When he woke up from the dream Ming Yeh already committed suicide, and the emperor had a stroke.

8 hours ago, aoife86 said:

I think she commit suicide. She really fall in love with the emperor, but he practically killed all of her family and don’t even let her father go (i assume he killed him with poison wine when they met).

so i think she felt guilty that she could fall in love with her family’s destroyer and commit suicide.

it’s mirroring how XF choose to die rather than be with LCY (although a big part of it because A’Du is gone too).

that’s why i think it doesn’t matter if XF tell LCY that he is GXW or if only LCY remember sooner that he is GXW. Cause in the end, XF will not choose to be by his side because he destroyed her whole family.

I agree with you, you can't fall in love with the person who kill your family, it's like where is your loyalty to your family when you know what that person did to your family but you still sleep and live happy with them.

And no point XF tells LCY that he is GXW since she knows she will not live with him ever.

I'm happy for the ending because this drama still gives a moral lesson to people that you CAN NOT do bad/evil stuff to others no matter what the reasons are, and there's a consequence after that.

Maybe just me, when I watch drama, the most important thing is the story, the second is the cast.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

From my understanding, the Emperor had a hand in the killing of the CP's mom. He didn't do it personally, but he knew she had to be a "factional sacrifice" to balance the powers and so didn't follow up on it. That's why he dreamed that - guilt. Unfortunately like father, like son. Both men believed they could kill & still keep the love of their life. 

Ralph Waldo Emerson wrote: Not he is great who can alter matter but he who can alter my state of mind. 

The CP only heard the Li Family's view. Even though he schemed to bring his enemies down, he still only looked at a small portion of the painting. As they say, he was too close to the forest to see the trees. 

• Like 7

P.s. I can't stop rewatching the subbed episodes.. literally a crazy obsessed lady with no life who scours the internet for any updates on my work break haha lucky my two little kids sleep early and hubby just lets me be a crazy drama obsessed woman :joy: this drama will be the death of me :joy:

I really wish they'd given us more sweet couple scenes! I feel like they owed us that at least given the crazy rollercoaster of emotions they made us go through! I still haven't gotten off the rollercoaster yet by the way haha

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Just saw ep 50!!! I'm confused, did the Emperor killed GJ"s Godfather?? Poisoned him with tea?? Did MIngYue killed herself, and then poison the emperor?? General Pei is handsome!! I mean, he is not your OMG handsome, but he has that handsome look to him like if you look deeper, he is handsome!!! Usually, the sidekicks are handsome as the lead too.

The modern previews of XF and LCY/GXW were so cute!!!! Cannot wait to see it.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, dashmount20 said:

Rosierosie: emperor kill ming yue father. Ming yue kill herself using emperor sword. Emperor shock then comma.

Tragic right?

Yes, tragic indeed :(!! Poor Ming Yue, she didn't have a good life at all. Why did the emperor kill Ming Yue's father?? To eliminate him so that he doesn't threaten his throne with LCY??

Rosierosie: i think emperor scare that ming yue father help LCY to overthrown him. I think empror see ming yue father as a threaten or master mind behind LCY. Same as he( emperor) Eliminate Gu (his favorite concubine family aka LCY mother) cos he see GU family that time hold power.

• Like 2