[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Goodbye My Princess 东宫

0ly40

So sad .... was hoping they jump into the river together again n start all over lol 

anyway about the ending , 

so they combined the original ending from the novel as well as the alternate ending to make a third ending? I watched the drama and she died differently. She did cut her throat but it was not right after she jumped off the gate wall. 

Also can someone explain  why in the end it show that after he gave the throne to his brother’s son, he was walking to to the dessert? It also show the beautiful young XF sitting and looking out, could it be either it’s saying they meet in the after life or it could be that girl is their biological daughter ? ( wishful thinking ) but they did slept together once , and maybe she didn’t died after the she cut her throat since her brother took her body away from him. 

Edited by Lindadrama
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, Lindadrama said:

So sad .... was hoping they jump into the river together again n start all over lol 

anyway about the ending , 

so they combined the original ending from the novel as well as the alternate ending to make a third ending? I watched the drama and she died differently. She did cut her throat but it was not right after she jumped off the gate wall. 

Also can someone explain  why in the end it show that after he gave the throne to his brother’s son, he was walking to to the dessert? It also show the beautiful young XF sitting and looking out, could it be either it’s saying they meet in the after life or it could be that girl is their biological daughter ? ( wishful thinking ) but they did slept together once , and maybe she didn’t died after the she cut her throat since her brother took her body away from him. 

Yes some kind of an open happy ending would have been nice.. or even if they met again in their next life and we actually saw it :bawling:

Um I haven't read the book so I'm probably not best placed to give any insight but did you mean to say Xiaofeng cut her throat straight after she jumped off the bridge in the book? If so, I think they changed it slightly to dramatize and extend the heartbreak for us poor viewers lol they wanted to keep us guessing too perhaps?

I think there were some cut scenes and he was looking for the river of forgetfulness.. otherwise, perhaps he was looking to die in the desert because that's where he first encountered Xiaofeng. 

Aww that would be sweet if they did have a daughter but my opinion would be that she was waiting for him in the afterlife. That scene is the same one from episode 1 (right before she first met Li Chengyin) when she was waiting for Gu Jian so maybe it just looped right back to the start but this time she was really waiting for her one true love.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Andzek said:

I wonder why Pei Zhao who know everything & witness all these mess don't just tell LCY:

"Yo dude, calm down! Actually, Gu Xiao Wu is no other but YOURSELF! But you lost your memories about this issue coz after you freaking kill your wife grandfather & your other relatives in law, you jump with her into the river of forgetfulness. Yeah you can put it in the summary of essay tittled "HOW I MEET MY WIFE" in your diary. You actually kinda romantic with "YOU JUMP, I JUMP" like in Titanic's movie, you know. 

Listen, you don't need to kill Gu Jian, your wife part time's stalker, coz your wife's first love until now is only YOU! But understandably, your actions towards Dan Chi peoples before make it at top under her list in "10 THINGS I HATE ABOUT YOU". About Gu Jian, just put him in restraining order from your wife or just slaps repeatedly him until he comes to his common sense. He gonna died & really regretful towards your wife about the past issue that's why he did all those annoying thing.

Right now, the important thing to do is to settle your household issue with your wife. Go tell your wife you love her & all the real deal about Sese. Don't confuses woman about your real feeling just like the drama's writer confuse the viewer with you & Sese relationship arc, get it?!"

I can't stop laughing on this... how i wish also ...

• Love 1

guys, can anyone confirm the rumors that I’ve been seeing lately in instagram and baidu:

1. Taiwan’s broadcast of Goodbye My Princess this coming May will have the complete 55 episodes (china only had 52). So I’m guessing all the scenes that were cut out will be finally shown there.

2. They are now beginning or are already shooting a special episode, the content of which is not clear (flashback?? happy ending?)

Is this for real????!!! 

LoL. Just when I thought I could actually move on from GBMP, suddenly this news comes out :joy: How to move on hahaha.

But kidding aside, if these rumors are true, then I guess this is something to look forward to!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

29 minutes ago, thistledots said:

guys, can anyone confirm the rumors that I’ve been seeing lately in instagram and baidu:

1. Taiwan’s broadcast of Goodbye My Princess this coming May will have the complete 55 episodes (china only had 52). So I’m guessing all the scenes that were cut out will be finally shown there.

2. They are now beginning or are already shooting a special episode, the content of which is not clear (flashback?? happy ending?)

Is this for real????!!! 

LoL. Just when I thought I could actually move on from GBMP, suddenly this news comes out :joy: How to move on hahaha.

But kidding aside, if these rumors are true, then I guess this is something to look forward to!

Omggggg!!!! If this is true, this would be delightful and amazing!!!!!!!! Cross my fingers and hope this is true!!!! ❤ and yes, does anyone know more details and can confirm this?!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J13 said:

Yes some kind of an open happy ending would have been nice.. or even if they met again in their next life and we actually saw it :bawling:

Um I haven't read the book so I'm probably not best placed to give any insight but did you mean to say Xiaofeng cut her throat straight after she jumped off the bridge in the book? If so, I think they changed it slightly to dramatize and extend the heartbreak for us poor viewers lol they wanted to keep us guessing too perhaps?

I think there were some cut scenes and he was looking for the river of forgetfulness.. otherwise, perhaps he was looking to die in the desert because that's where he first encountered Xiaofeng. 

Aww that would be sweet if they did have a daughter but my opinion would be that she was waiting for him in the afterlife. That scene is the same one from episode 1 (right before she first met Li Chengyin) when she was waiting for Gu Jian so maybe it just looped right back to the start but this time she was really waiting for her one true love.

Thankyou ! Yeah i was hoping that if she died Or if both of them died, they would show that they have an afterlife meeting. I thought I heard the monk said they have 3 life together when they went to the temple together whilst investigating the fake coins? 

So this was their second life / chance . 

Also, I know ppl will hate me for saying this, but I was hoping them together or died together lol. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Lindadrama said:

Thankyou ! Yeah i was hoping that if she died Or if both of them died, they would show that they have an afterlife meeting. I thought I heard the monk said they have 3 life together when they went to the temple together whilst investigating the fake coins? 

Also, I know ppl will hate me for saying this, but I was hoping them together or died together lol. 

I need to re-watch that part (I would rewatch right now but I'm at work haha) but yes based off lots of peoples comments, I understand that is what the monk said. Maybe the 3 lifes was just a metaphor and the first life was in their early relationship stage then the second life was when they both lost their memories and the third life was when they both finally regained their memories. If so, too bad we got to see basically nothing good from their 'third life' together. 

I think majority of the fans are on the same boat as you. I also wanted somewhat of a happy ending whether it had been some type of an open ending in this life or a scene of them meeting in the next life. I think even if I had gotten a scene of them meeting in the next life, that would have curbed the heartache of seeing her die and his lonely long life. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Lindadrama said:

First life, Gu Xiao Wu & Xiao Feng at Western Shi. Second life, Li Cheng Ying & Xiao Feng at Li Empire. Third life, I hope that what I wish the ending was came to the scene. After a long journey searching for the oblivion river and XF, old LCY finally finds both the river and old XF sitting next to it. They hug & kiss & do whatever people do when they miss each other dearly, then they live happily ever after together forever. That’s the third life. The end. Yaaaayyyyy!!! :love:

• LOL 3

1 hour ago, thistledots said:

Is this for real????!!! 

Oh my goodness, YES PLEASEEEEE!!!! Give us the sweet scenes and an extra episode with more sweet scenes please! It's got to be them meeting in the next life or at least the alternative ending that was rumoured to occur right!?! Please give us fans some kind of compensation for the rollercoaster of emotions you put us through!

Time to investigate haha

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, thistledots said:

Is this for real????!!! 

Omg!!!! Yes please.  But the source of rumours?  Was it from Weibo, Sina, youko or Baidu.  Can u confirm it?  Maybe @furu.vu217 can help us in confirming the rumours.  She was only providing many useful info from various Chinese websites in this thread. 

Some flashback pics.:kiss_wink::wub:

RV0X7to.jpg

CQUn3If.jpg

yaUwptu.jpg

k31sYJl.jpg

Cr: weibo

• Like 7

5 hours ago, J13 said:

I need to re-watch that part (I would rewatch right now but I'm at work haha) but yes based off lots of peoples comments, I understand that is what the monk said. Maybe the 3 lifes was just a metaphor and the first life was in their early relationship stage then the second life was when they both lost their memories and the third life was when they both finally regained their memories. If so, too bad we got to see basically nothing good from their 'third life' together.

This is my first post after lurking for a long time in this thread. I finally decided to delurk to share a bit of the cultural perspective of the whole "three lives" statement to clear up any lingering confusion. Usually the saying "three lives" is about reincarnation, so it's not literally talking about their amnesia or their second meeting and marriage, at least not directly. The phrase is used to talk about two souls who have such a strong destiny together (whether good or bad) that they can't help changing the course of each other's lives, even past the point of death (aka multiple lifetimes). The number 3 just so happens to be a very significant number in Han Buddhism re: reincarnation, and since it also rhymes with "life," that's why it is often used as a flowery way to talk about reincarnation and destiny. Essentially, to the Chinese audience, the monk in the scene isn't telling them that they will get three chances in THIS lifetime together. Instead, consider it more of a bad omen or the foreshadowing of tragedy in their lives if they were to continue on their predestined paths. When the master (a senior monk) singles them out especially to tell them not to "force" what is not meant to be, and especially makes sure to repeat this warning to LCY not once but multiple times, that's a bold letter warning to him to be careful, or there will be tragedy. To the Chinese audience, this is another way to soften LCY's actions, by also turning him into a victim of a force that he had no control over. If it helps at all, this also implies that since LCY and XF are inexplicably bound together through multiple lifetimes--even if LCY doesn't find her or have a HE with her in this lifetime, he will repay the debt he owes her in a future lifetime somehow. This is his karmic debt to her and imo the way they end the series seems to have this intent as well. Hope that helps!

• Like 5
  • Insightful 4
  • Thanks 1

For those asking about the source of these rumors/info, which I myself am seeking confirmation of:

I originally saw it first in an IG post yesterday from the instagram user draco_ccccc which I follow for spoilers of the drama, Then it was deleted so I assumed it was just a rumor. Then I saw this in the stories, it’s no longer there now, but I got a screen capture of it:

All credits to draco_ccccc, Are you in this forum??? I hope you don’t get mad that i share your posts :tears:

IG stories post

credit: IG draco_ccccc

Then now there is also this post about the Taiwan broadcast of 55 episodes:

IG post now about Taiwan broadcast

credit: IG draco_ccccc

Sorry guys, i dont know yet how to embed images, I need to figure it out again, hope the links work!

Then I just randomly went to Baidu to look for info, here is what I saw from one user’s post: Tieba Baidu post about taiwan broadcast and extra ep

Sadly, I am not fluent in chinese :( I can only understand bits and pieces and I might end up misunderstanding it. I hope someone can confirm this info :unsure:

Edited by thistledots
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yul12n2 said:

First life, Gu Xiao Wu & Xiao Feng at Western Shi. Second life, Li Cheng Ying & Xiao Feng at Li Empire. Third life, I hope that what I wish the ending was came to the scene. After a long journey searching for the oblivion river and XF, old LCY finally finds both the river and old XF sitting next to it. They hug & kiss & do whatever people do when they miss each other dearly, then they live happily ever after together forever. That’s the third life. The end. Yaaaayyyyy!!! :love:

That would be amazing ! Lol...

but does that mean both will be old? How about the river makes them two youthful again and have a happily ever after in their 3rd chance? Hehe.,, the end. 

• LOL 3

38 minutes ago, gladiolii said:

This is my first post after lurking for a long time in this thread. I finally decided to delurk to share some of the cultural perspective of what the whole "three lives" statement was about to clear up any lingering confusion. Usually the saying "three lives" is about reincarnation, so it's not literally talking about their amnesia or their second meeting and marriage, at least not directly. The phrase is used to talk about two souls who have such a strong destiny together (whether good or bad) that they can't help changing the course of each other's lives, even past the point of death (aka multiple lifetimes). The number 3 just so happens to be a very significant number in Han Buddhism re: reincarnation, and since it also rhymes with "life," that's why it is often used as a flowery way to talk about reincarnation and destiny. Essentially, to the Chinese audience, the monk in the scene isn't telling them that they will get three chances in THIS lifetime together. Instead, consider it more of a bad omen or the foreshadowing of tragedy in their lives if they were to continue on their predestined paths. When the master (a senior monk) singles them out especially to tell them not to "force" what is not meant to be, and especially makes sure to repeat this warning to LCY not once but multiple times, that's a bold letter warning to him to be careful, or there will be tragedy. To the Chinese audience, this is another way to soften LCY's actions, by also turning him into a victim of a force that he had no control over. If it helps at all, this also implies that since LCY and XF are inexplicably bound together through multiple lifetimes--even if LCY doesn't find her or have a HE with her in this lifetime, he will repay the debt he owes her in a future lifetime somehow. This is his karmic debt to her and imo the way they end the series seems to have this intent as well. Hope that helps!

Thanks for the clarification. Okies, do now I hope they do a part two of their next life together:) I know I know, wishful thinking but I think it could be possible hehe... 

• Like 4

I’m going to back track a little and ask about who likes who...I don’t think it’s ever outright stated but it’s being implied???.....:huh:

Pei Zhao likes XF...and I know Luoxi likes PZ....but Miluo likes PZ too??? She was giving him some major side glances....

and Mingyue likes GJ??? She made very subtle statements to him that were possibly hinting that she had a crush on him???.....but I don’t think he caught on....or maybe I was just making too much of it?...

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, bluesunny3 said:

I’m going to back track a little and ask about who likes who...I don’t think it’s ever outright stated but it’s being implied???.....:huh:

Pei Zhao likes XF...and I know Luoxi likes PZ....but Miluo likes PZ too??? She was giving him some major side glances....

and Mingyue likes GJ??? She made very subtle statements to him that were possibly hinting that she had a crush on him???.....but I don’t think he caught on....or maybe I was just making too much of it?...

Yeah it seem the characters here are like "she likes him but he likes her who likes him that actually likes her" but no one make themselves clear. My head hurt.

• LOL 3

4 hours ago, Lindadrama said:

Thanks for the clarification. Okies, do now I hope they do a part two of their next life together:) I know I know, wishful thinking but I think it could be possible hehe... 

lol same, fingers crossed that they have a second period drama project together in the future, and we can all pretend that's the reincarnated LCY and XF. If we get lucky enough and they shoot an "epilogue" episode or extended material, I hope they keep the current tragic ending. I would maybe hope for a scene where a reincarnated LCY and XF meet as strangers, with him in shock at first sight as he remembers everything about her even after reincarnation, while she only senses that he is familiar and smiles at him. LCY only ever looked at peace in the drama seeing her smile like that anyway. At least we the audience would know that they wouldn't have politics to screw things up this time.

Sigh. A girl can dream.

• Like 5