[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Goodbye My Princess 东宫

0ly40

My goodness the wait is truly agonizing isn't it! Tears and heartbreak to come but I'm still holding a tiny bit of hope that we'll get some type of an open ending, whether it be a new reincarnated life for our two ill fated lovers or Xiaofeng somehow survives and they meet again many many years later. 

I thought I would be happy with the original ending but as the end nears, I'm already having withdrawals and just can't accept an ending where our beautiful, kind and endearing Xiaofeng doesn't survive  :bawling:

I'm not Soompi tech savvy so I don't know how to upload pictures but link below to one of my most favourite scenes and my most favourite outfit on Xiaofeng 

https://images.app.goo.gl/V53g4WEaQJFtFd5h7

The look of love in his eyes and the look of pain in hers, I just love this couple so much! :heart:

Listening to the OST's now while I wait for any updates on the last 4 episodes!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

I love your post and most of all this portion for it's a great example and perfect not to mention I loved this drama too!  In fact in a lot of ways they have some things in common.  Great job!!!

Also Off Topic

Hide contents

Just wanted to hopefully help with your not knowing how to highlight.  Just cover the words with your cursor that you want to highlight and then press the A that is within the dark square next to the A with the line under it.  See the little arrow next the the darkened squared A press it and the color choice will come down and you can select the color you want and the words you have chose will change colors but not completely until you click anywhere within the post and it will then highlight.  I'm not very good at giving instructions but hoping you can make sense of my poor attempt...  :heart:

@USAFarmgirl Thank you for all the helpful tips!

Oh my goodness, I just saw a couple of short scenes from the new episodes on Instagram and my heart already cannot handle the heartache :bawling:

Spoiler

I don't know how to post videos but in summary, one is after Xiaofeng jumps off the bridge and Li Chengyin runs after her and ends up fainting from dispair after General Peng stops him from jumping after her. I imagine he'll remember everything once he wakes up but General Pengs face is so shocked going from watching Xiaofeng jump to Li Chengyin fainting.. poor General Peng, he should have told them the truth from the start but I guess he wanted to save his friend the heartache and pain of knowing what he had done.. just sad that even with the lies, they still couldn't avoid a similar fate :bawling:

The second cut scene is before Xiaofeng slits her own throat. She makes Li Chengyin promise he will live on :bawling: maybe this is why he never tried to kill himself, he wanted to fulfil his last promise to her :bawling:

• Like 3

Two Endings for Goodbye My Princess Make Rounds Before Finale, Author Shares Alternate Ending

Goodbye My Princess
Goodbye My Princess 东宫 starring Chen Xingxu and Peng Xiaoran will be airing its last few episodes for Youku VIP members tonight with many wondering what the ending will be. It was previously reported that Goodbye My Princess may get a second ending. 

For those of you who don't wish to have any hint or speculation about what tonight's ending will be, I strongly suggest that you stop reading now as the next paragraph will talk mainly about the two 'leaked' endings going around the net as well as author Fei Wo Si Cun's own alternate ending. 

Goodbye My Princess
Final warning. There's no turning back after this.

Since last night, two versions of the ending are being passed around online. The first one is the novel's ending which has Li Chengyin growing old and miserable alone after Xiao Feng dies.  In the second ending, both Li Chengyin and Xiao Feng die... but at least now, they're together, right?  

Goodbye My Princess
Fei Wo Si Cun shared that she actually had an alternate ending in mind when she wrote the novel.  In it, Li Chengyin pursues an escaping Xiao Feng.  Realizing he can't stop her, Li Chengyin shoots an arrow at Xiao Feng with no intention to kill her as the arrow just brushes through her hair.  Xiao Feng fires an arrow of her own and hits Li Chengyin.  While people rush to treat him, Xiao Feng and Adu escape into the desert and head home.  Fei Wo Si Cun explains that Li Chengyin was in fact, capable of dodging Xiao Feng's arrow but chose to be hit since he loved her and has decided to let her go.

Goodbye My Princess
While Goodbye My Princess is based on the novel Dong Gong, there were deviations in the drama that displeased book fans.  In the drama, Li Chengyin seemed to have developed feelings for another woman, Zhao Sheshe.  Another was when Gu Jian pretended to be Gu Xiaowu. The TV adaptation also cut out the highly anticipated bed and kissing scenes between Xiao Feng and Li Chengyin.  

Goodbye My Princess
Given that they changed some parts of the story, it isn't really that far fetched to expect a change in the ending, don't you think?  What do you guys think will happen in the ending? Are you excited for it?

Goodbye My Princess

• Like 3

my wishful ending will be:

LCY let XF go back to Liang Country...

XF pregnant and born baby girl (LCY daughter)...

after 20 years. when LCY wondering around....

somewhere in dessert LCY saw a young girl who look like XF...

hahahahaha :D

• Like 2

XF: GXW, you promised me 3 things, do you remember?
LCY: I still remember
XF: You haven't done two things for me yet, I want you to do it
LCY: Yes you say it
XF: From now on, Li Kingdom must not step in Western State half step.

LCY: Okay, I promise you, put your sword down. If you die, I also decided not to live
XF: The last thing is, promise me, live well.

I never thought that when I heard that First Encounter ver, I cried so much like this.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

if anybody wants to see any cuts on todays episodes, here's the youku GBMP drama page links.  

https://so.youku.com/search_video/q_东宫?spm=a2h0k.11417342.filter.dnew&orderfield=createtime

@furu.vu217, why is Adu killing General Gao and he is killing her back with his sword?  the drama version of adu's death is completely different.  Can you tell us why?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, furu.vu217 said:

XF: GXW, you promised me 3 things, do you remember?
LCY: I still remember
XF: You haven't done two things for me yet, I want you to do it
LCY: Yes you say it
TP: From now on, Li Kingdom must not step in Western State half step.

LCY: Okay, I promise you, put your sword down. If you die, I also decided not to live
XF: The last thing is, promise me, live well.

I never thought that when I heard that First Encounter ver, I cried so much like this.

darn so sad..

1. She actually asked for last promise to make him suffer.. you can see it in his eyes

2. But then when she finally dies, the spite is gone.. and it is pure love for him

3. She always wanted a love story.. a man who only loves her - she got it!

4... and yet it came at a high cost

5. He had no one and he found someone.. he loved her passionately, loyal, true, genuine.. and yet lost her

6. You want to die but you can't di beause she asked you to not die.. and since you never made her happy.. you really can't break this promise

7. How at every point, whenever it truly came down to XF vs everything else (throne, revenge etc etc).. his choice was always clear - XF.. it ws always XF

the music is amazing

time to rewatch the series .. binge thing time

• Like 7