[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Goodbye My Princess 东宫

0ly40

9 hours ago, angelangie said:

ooooooooooo..........no wonder the title is 'Goodbye' i guess that explain it all.....the visual is pretty that why im pull by it

Actually the title should be Goodbye My Prince....as the one saying the farewells at the end is the Xiao Feng, the female lead. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

I watched up to epi 4 with subs and I like it. So cute the two main leads. I haven't read the book so I'm looking forward to the drama. If I have to go by the title, I'm guessing it's not HE but then lately many CDramas has a hanging end or tragic end so , cest la vie!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, angelangie said:

the same way same style just different setting.....

Yes,

Spoiler

But this time, there is no redemption.... even with a second chance... the ML and FL can never be together.. Sigh... 

• Sad 3

6 hours ago, angelangie said:

oooo.....

lols oh well....it happen i guess

Yeah, I'm thinking I can probably bear the heartache if it's not a HE. I really like where the story is at the moment. I'm not trying to justify the lead actor using the girl to get revenge for his brother but I can understand why he did it. I can also understand the girl getting angry and heartbroken over the betrayal. So sad. 

Someone said "Destined to meet but not fated to be together":bawling:

Because of this phrase I looked up the difference between destiny and fate and I totally agree!!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, visiopeia said:

I just finished watching till ep 16... but i need someone to translate what did the monk says to the Princess and after the princess walk out the monk says something  to the prince ? Can someone please help to translate?

Monk basely told her to let go of the past and present relationships with him. She reply I am a man how could I have any relationship with him. So funny...lol

Also, the monk said to CY don’t force/push to have this relationship because we all know he eventually will fight for her love. Again so tragic, met to fall in love but can’t be together. :cold_sweat:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, vlvl1 said:

Monk basely told her to let go of the past and present relationships with him. She reply I am a man how could I have any relationship with him. So funny...lol

Also, the monk said to CY don’t force/push to have this relationship because we all know he eventually will fight for her love. Again so tragic, met to fall in love but can’t be together. :cold_sweat:

thank you so much for the translation @vlvl1

1 hour ago, jewelsc said:

Agreed, it does have a twisted sort of Romeo & Juliet but this 'Romeo' is still a jerk :angry:

This was the only tragic love story where I was completely satisfied that the main couple didn't end up together at the end. I don't think it'll even work to have any other ending then what the novel has. 

Spoiler

I don't see it as Xiaofeng dying, but rather as she finally being free of all her pain and sorrow.....and going home as she said.

And because of that I feel humanizing and justifying LCY's actions will lessen some of the viewers empathy when we see the desperation that XF feels to escape from him and then of her finally being happy at getting free of him and "going home".

• Like 4

2 hours ago, dito said:

This was the only tragic love story where I was completely satisfied that the main couple didn't end up together at the end. I don't think it'll even work to have any other ending then what the novel has. 

Reveal hidden contents

I don't see it as Xiaofeng dying, but rather as she finally being free of all her pain and sorrow.....and going home as she said.

And because of that I feel humanizing and justifying LCY's actions will lessen some of the viewers empathy when we see the desperation that XF feels to escape from him and then of her finally being happy at getting free of him and "going home".

Yes, i had thought the same too when they fell into that 'Forget U' pond, after seeing how painful and hurt she was when her family died and he was the culprit, i truly felt she has no will to live and for the story to end tragically and as u put it, she is finally free of him to be with her loved ones (i mean as according to spoilers even Ah Dou died too), i too will be satisfied with tragic ending.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jewelsc said:

Yes, i had thought the same too when they fell into that 'Forget U' pond, after seeing how painful and hurt she was when her family died and he was the culprit, i truly felt she has no will to live and for the story to end tragically and as u put it, she is finally free of him to be with her loved ones (i mean as according to spoilers even Ah Dou died too), i too will be satisfied with tragic ending.

Her pain now took away her will to live, just imagine how much her pain is going to multiply after falling in love with him again, she then remembers everything. Thats why I say no other ending will possibly work.

• Like 3

Yeah, I agree with @dito , @jewelsc  about death being a release for her. 

The love is a burden because of the crime he did against her maternal family. 

19 hours ago, 12blbl said:

I don’t understand how come after jump to the river and forget everything, the female lead was still sent to the political marriage as the male lead’s wife. Who arrange it? And what was the reason? 

I believe her father was the one who sent her to be married. Her father the king still wanted an alliance with the Prince's kingdom and the Prince still has a standing marriage proposal. Her mother tried to hide her with her maternal side of the family. 

Ok I'm updating this post after watching the episode. 

Spoiler

The father didn't actually want her to marry into the Li Dynasty because they stormed his palace too and the princess's mother killed herself. The King told the 9th princess to run away and he even tried to protect her.  

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

I just watched the latest subbed version and I am so freaking mad at Li Cheng Yi!!!!:rage:

Spoiler

There was no excuse in being nice to her and even marrying her just to get directions to the tent.

He shouldn't have gone back, he should've just let Gu Jian save her. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1