[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Goodbye My Princess 东宫

0ly40

34 minutes ago, tomo74 said:

Have you watched ep 48?, XF already remembers everything but she still decided to leave the palace with GJ and Ah Du. XF stay with GJ until his last breath, it means she forgave GJ.

XF of course will forgive GJ, he was her teacher and her saviour , she would always be grateful for that but i wonder if she had remembered that she'd once asked LCY to kill GJ or when she had given up on him when she threw away that little 'wand' of his and then Adu stabbed him and he fell off the mountain or if she will still forgives him IF it hadn't been for this turn of event and he did get the chance to bring her 'home' with her still thinking he was GXW and she found out that her parents were dead and they'd known all along and never mentioned it to her?

• Like 2

Spoiler
5 hours ago, furu.vu217 said:

Just finished watching sub 4 ep today, I feel better after the last 8 eps . I hated the sweet scenes between GJ and XF just because she was mistaken. But this time shows XF's attachment to LCY when she's not ready to leave EP to return her homeland, although she has found her lover GXW (fake). When she saw LCY standing next to SS, XF decided to leave because she realized she was living in a fake world and she loved someone who always lied. You can see the XF's different reaction to LCY and GJ aka GXW fake when touching her feet, which only her husband sees. Those are the things that show she only loves one person, that is LCY/GXW. 

Reveal hidden contents

76d92e74ly1g1aujjldh8g20qo0eyu10.gif76d92e74ly1g1auiv5z2ag20qo0eyx6s.gif

LCY in this week's eps also showed his tough with SS when pushing her to find the XF. 

Reveal hidden contents

d4ad07d1gy1g1aqls44p3g20ep0ep7wi.gif

There was a scene of "running pig" but the two of them just went to the bedroom and changed the scene,  viewers would have to understand this had a bed scene lol. Unfortunately they cut my favorite shooting angle when broadcasting officially in this scene T^T

Reveal hidden contents

ddb9cdb8gy1g17ym2qgw8g20ip08ub2d.gifddb9cdb8gy1g17ymsy7jqg20k808ix6t.gif

As for GJ's death, I feel he deserves it. From the beginning, he was contributing to deceiving XF. But he did as if only LCY was the only sinner, blaming LCY's presence for separating his affair with XF. His paranoid thought and how he deceived himself as GXW to get XF's fake love really annoyed me. For him, I didn't have any mercy for his death.  But there was a consolation for GJ before he died, that was XF had put his brooch gift on her hair which is the final respect XF for GJ. At the Lunar New Year, GJ once wanted to put that brooch for XF himself, but she refused because her heart still had feelings for LCY. Finally, before GJ closed his eyes, he saw XF reaching out to hold his hand. 

Reveal hidden contents

006VNsmLly1g1ayyblfb6g30qo0f0hdv.gif

007DNcingy1g1ars6kyb1j30rs414tm4.jpg

In the original novel, XF is not too sad to see GJ die, which didn't like in the drama. In this case, I actually found XF's shallow and infantile thinking when she wanted to escape with GJ. I understand she was too tired but she should think about her status, her situation when she ran away with someone whom everyone thought was her lover.

As for LCY, he is too cruel and ruthless . But I understand his thoughts and actions. As a crown prince, as a future king, as a man, of course he will be in such a mood when he sees his wife being robbed. Because only to find XF, he even dared to fire the whole building where the King stood. LCY's love with XF is really like an obsession with himself. Even though I know he is a bad guy with many sins, I still feel sad for him and see him very pitiful.

I also wonder which part of the drama will be in this scene. Because this is very suitable for the passage in the novel,  when after XF recalled everything, met LCY who was visiting her and she stabbed LCY. But on the drama we passed that part. I don't know if this is a cut scene or a dream scene in the drama ? 

Reveal hidden contents

When they revealed that the kiss scene was cut off, the "EP's kiss" keyword is trending no.10 hot search on weibo. That shows that viewers are thirsty for kissing scene lol 

Reveal hidden contents

005zgA6Wly1g1apsbe7hug30hs0a0u0y.gif006BPzK7ly1g1aq3pcriwj30u01o0doe.jpg

I've also seen ep 45-48. I cry very much, but sorry I can't like LCY. I think XF is very good from the start. The plan for her departure was the culmination of her patience. How she didn't want to go, LCY was with Sese. LCY never said love to XF, of course XF felt it was only an obstacle that was not expected. Is it true that LCY loves XF, even LCY comes and sleeps with Sese. LCY was only obsessed with XF, as I said from the beginning that all the plans carried out by LCY only pushed XF on suffering TT

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Can someone explain the true nature of LCY and Sese’s relationship to me? I’m a little lost.

I thought he was only using Sese and pretending to be in love with her to shield XF from danger in the palace....

But When LCY and General Pei were talking, he said he couldn’t protect the woman he loves (XF) and the woman who loves him (SeSe)...

Well...Sese was punished alot because he pretended she was his favorite!...and he knew that because Sese was punished EVERY time he took her side.....so why is he surprised that he can’t protect her??? Didn’t he purposely do that to her???....if he wanted to protect Sese too, why didn’t he pretend to be indifferent to both XF and Sese?...this made it kinda confusing for me...:huh:

thanks for any reply!

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, jewelsc said:

XF of course will forgive GJ, he was her teacher and her saviour , she would always be grateful for that but i wonder if she had remembered that she'd once asked LCY to kill GJ or when she had given up on him when she threw away that little 'wand' of his and then Adu stabbed him and he fell off the mountain or if she will still forgives him IF it hadn't been for this turn of event and he did get the chance to bring her 'home' with her still thinking he was GXW and she found out that her parents were dead and they'd known all along and never mentioned it to her?

I also hope this is addressed in the episodes coming up...it’ll be a big loose end if they don’t 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, qqbr21 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I've also seen ep 45-48. I cry very much, but sorry I can't like LCY. I think XF is very good from the start. The plan for her departure was the culmination of her patience. How she didn't want to go, LCY was with Sese. LCY never said love to XF, of course XF felt it was only an obstacle that was not expected. Is it true that LCY loves XF, even LCY comes and sleeps with Sese. LCY was only obsessed with XF, as I said from the beginning that all the plans carried out by LCY only pushed XF on suffering TT

Other things you say I have no idea because each person has a point of view. But if LCY comes to sleep with SS, there's a reason if you watch with sub. LCY went to sleep with SS because it was customary in Li kingdom, the crown prince didn't sleep alone before the festival lunar new year  (according to SE). He came and didn't sleep all night. The next morning, LCY was very polite to the SS. These show the cool attitude of LCY for SS.

Spoiler

e77b50afly1g1as6wqiiuj20qy0dqab7.jpge77b50afly1g1as6xd2xxj20qy0du75p.jpg

Unlike when he slept with XF, LCY's gaze was very solf for her

Spoiler

c1e6b4fely1g1aufjtvltg20hs0a0kjq.gif006n6Wdqly1g1aue7xij3j31hc0u0u0x.jpg006n6Wdqly1g1aue8l72ij31hc0u0qu3.jpg

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

19 minutes ago, jewelsc said:

If XF gets the chance to run away and finds out that her mother was dead and her father kinda mentally ill, it was never GJ fault, his fault only for letting GXW enter into her life, knowing that GXW will use her (for killing Danchis) and he did not tell her, also GJ did not kill her granddad.

She threw the wand because she feels betrayed by him, she just doesn't want anything to do with him, cut off the teacher-disciple relationship, but she never hates him.

Ah Du, she stabbed GJ because GJ hurt XF for his betrayal, she doesn't hate him too.

No matter what, Ah Du still relaying on GJ for XF protection, like when XF were sick (from poisoning), she asked GJ for help, when XF sad because no letter from her parent, Ah Du seek GJ help.

And I don't think Ah Du has feeling for GJ since she knows that GJ only loves XF, she just feels pity and sad for him.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

20 minutes ago, qqbr21 said:

LCY never said love to XF, of course XF felt it was only an obstacle that was not expected. Is it true that LCY loves XF, even LCY comes and sleeps with Sese. LCY was only obsessed with XF, as I said from the beginning that all the plans carried out by LCY only pushed XF on suffering TT

I totally agree with you @qqbr21 .. LCY never says he loves XF... 

i have watch ep 45 - 48 .. i cried so much in the office, thank god my boss is in the meeting room or else he will shock to see his executive with red eyes... hahahhahahahaha

I don't feel bad for GJ to died like this .. he is dying anyway (illness from the previous injury).. but the way he got killed right in front of XF's eyes is a huge shock and extremely pain for XF.. it is exactly the same way as LCY killed her grandfather .. the grandfather was killed in front of her eyes as well...  

I even more angry is the LCY who show no mercy to XF.. my heart ache upon seeing the person who care for XF end up one by one died. 

After reading all comments from the past post, i agree with most of you. The ending should follow exactly like the novels. Makes LCY alone, and hurt for the rest of his life .. he deserve it!  i still ship LCY and XF even though i hate him... gosh! what has he turn me to? 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Preview final ep 49-52

LCY really wanted to jump with XF as he did when XF jumps into Wang Chuan River. My last consolation in the angst final eps. Before jumping, XF told LCY that she was envy of him because he could forget everything. Why does she want to forget, but she recall everything ? Why do people she wants to hate, she never hates.

This time it is definitely time for LCY to remember everything.

Spoiler

86b6a725ly1g1bcsu8evmj21hc0u07tq.jpgbdf6dd2ely1g1bcqpsrodj21pc0yi1l0.jpg

Also, LCY said he love XF, he only used SS but never did that with XF. XF said do not believe him.

• Like 3
  • Sad 7

Spoiler

starting this scene I cry. Here it is seen that XF has a love for LCY so she is heavy to leave. But when she saw LCY and Sese, I cried because XF looked hurt. Seeing that XF realized that she was not worthy of LCY, even LCY had never said love for XF. For people who blame XF ignorance and hate XF because of her relationship with GJ, please think about how many scenes of LCY and Sese are painful for the XF side

Spoiler

seeing this scene, I don't feel sad or sorry for LCY. All because of his own stupidity. GPei reminded LCY that the XF was very clever and helped them a lot, but LCY whined that XF didn't need to do anything and just always was by his side waiting for him (maybe like a fool waiting for her husband to be happy with concubines). Hello LCY, how can XF love and stay by your side while you always boast of your fake love to Sese and never say love to XF. You can even sleep with Sese when the XF is gone, you don't deserve XF. Please remain in the palace with your Sese

Spoiler

I am very satisfied to see this scene, Sese see your LCY is crazy because of XF to push you ^^

Spoiler

This scene is very full of emotions. Crying saw the sadness of XF. Angered by the crazy LCY, he even doesn't care that there is Adu who is one of the important people for XF. Sad to see GPei's regret, he was very hurt when XF pushed him . Somehow the XF attitude towards LCY next week. XF remembers everything, LCY / GCW is the person she loves has killed all the important people in her life (Grandfather, Father, Mother, and Teacher GJ) and even has an evil concubine Sese that he always defends. LCY next week you will reap all sadness

• Like 4
  • Love 1

This bad guy has never said love to XF but surely his feelings for XF are sincere. For the first time, LCY did not believe that there was Wang Chuan River but he still jumped down with XF despite knowing the high possibility of death. For the second time, LCY is still willing to jump down with XF even this time unlike the previous one, jumping 100% is dead.

Both times, he did not hesitate to jump down with XF. When he was about to lose XF, he no longer cared for anything. Position, power, the country now has no meaning to him. His love is really pitiful.

Spoiler

005zGIpPly1g1bdpalnkvg30hs0a04qr.gif005zGIpPly1g1bdg92s37g30hs0a0hdu.gif

• Like 4
  • Sad 5

In terms of a tragic love story, her death at the end is the best to get back at lcy and make us cry, but I really got attached to her as a resourceful and compassionate person and her death just seems to service his tragedy.  Such a waste.  My alternate ending would be him committing suicide, not her, when it dawns on him why she can never be his after he killed her loved ones.

i do wonder if the author wasn't humanizing a very real historical situation - all the princesses forced to marry their land and family conquerors and killers to legitimize the new regime  - books just containing lists of their names could be published.  So sad for those women.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

So, just to confirm in eps 47. LCY did sleep with XF, correct?

Bez I know they cut part of this scene bez in the trailer we see he throws her on the bed. In eps 47, he wakes up next to her like he did the deed with her.

Its so sad that he doesn’t know he is GXW. 

They r destine to meet and fall in love but not meant for each other. Boo

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, furu.vu217 said:

This bad guy has never said love to XF but surely his feelings for XF are sincere. For the first time, LCY did not believe that there was Wang Chuan River but he still jumped down with XF despite knowing the high possibility of death. For the second time, LCY is still willing to jump down with XF even this time unlike the previous one, jumping 100% is dead.

Both times, he did not hesitate to jump down with XF. When he was about to lose XF, he no longer cared for anything. Position, power, the country now has no meaning to him. His love is really pitiful.

Reveal hidden contents

I agree with you, LCY loves XF so much, but all of his actions are very stupid. Not only did he not say love to XF, but he played too much with fake love with Sese. Do you think XF will die while plunging from the fort? If She die how about XF scene of suicide in the desert

25 minutes ago, qqbr21 said:

I agree with you, LCY loves XF so much, but all of his actions are very stupid. Not only did he not say love to XF, but he played too much with fake love with Sese. Do you think XF will die while plunging from the fort? If She die how about XF scene of suicide in the desert

She does not die when she jumps into because she is caught by AD. In the novel, after that, AD dies. XF was too sad and desperate so that she committed suicide by stabbing her sword into her chest. But in the drama there will definitely be a change. It seems like XF will return to her hometown to meet family. LCY brought  the army to let XF comeback,. Both sides will have war and maybe XF used her death to stop the war. This is also a way for her to punish LCY.

Spoiler

D2JzQniU8AAAs9n.jpg

• Like 2

The plot of this drama tbh sorta lacks idek what...logic? Ok maybe not logic...but it just lacks aspects that could have made me fall in love with it even more. LCY has proven to us over and over again how much he loves XF by jumping after her every time even if it means dying with her. But then his actions while she was alive really make him a jerk who doesnt seem to care that the one he loves is crying and begging him not to kill her loved ones. He does things that hurt her mentally and physically, yet treats her well occasionally. He threatens her and in the preview, his attitude when getting her to drink soup sucks. He loves her, but why cant he treat her gently like how he used to? This is such a toxic relationship...and although I love the story because of their love, I also find myself unwilling to accept that this is how love is defined. How LCY defines love and how he shows it is so messed up. He was sort of tough with her in the beginning too. But that was different. For example, he came off as harsh when speaking to her about the copper coin fraud  but because he explicitly said the palace is hard to navigate. Accusing people without solid evidence will get you killed. Bam. Done. Good job for letting us viewers know why you sound harsh = you want to protect her and SHE ACTUALLY KNOWS IT BC YOU VOCALIZED IT. But now? He is harsh, cruel, insensitive for selfish reasons...how I wish he was how he was before their marriage. Back when he did not need to treat her as though she is some concubine and SS is the crown princess..back when there were still moments where I enjoyed their interactions because he was gentle, and more humane with her, like the festival scenes from ep 23. His love felt more like innocent love and not the crazy, obsessive kind we are seeing now. I like to believe that all the bad things went down because of the circumstances and bad timing and all that...I really do...but those arent excuses.

I agree that LCY deserves to suffer and regret his actions for the rest of his life. I want to see him miss XF after her death. But I also just want LCY and XF to have a fresh start...maybe in another lifetime? No matter how many bad things has happened...I do know they love each other. XF deserves a better ending. But there is no way that would happen unless they both restart in another life without palace politics and without revenge and betrayal. 

I am so conflicted on how I truly feel about this drama as a whole. One thing I know for sure is that XF is such a memorable character. Her innocence, beauty, kindness, courage...all these traits make her so lovable and endearing.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 4

23 minutes ago, furu.vu217 said:

LCY brought  the army to let XF comeback,. Both sides will have war and maybe XF used her death to stop the war. This is also a way for her to punish LCY.

LCY... LCY.... if it's true that LCY bring the army to start the war, he is the most idiotic person in this drama, XF already hates you and you bring an army to kill more of her people?, if he smart, he can use a diplomatic approach to ask XF nicely to come back (he is the crown prince from the central plains after all), well... I can't say too much, just wait until more episode come.

My mind keeps saying "what the heck!!! what the heck!!!" and my head keep shaking, I almost fainted :dizzy:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, furu.vu217 said:

Hide contents

Heartbreaking...

LCY what have you done?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, XxchinesedramacrazexX said:

The plot of this drama tbh sorta lacks idek what...logic? Ok maybe not logic...but it just lacks aspects that could have made me fall in love with it even more. LCY has proven to us over and over again how much he loves XF by jumping after her every time even if it means dying with her. But then his actions while she was alive really make him a jerk who doesnt seem to care that the one he loves is crying and begging him not to kill her loved ones. He does things that hurt her mentally and physically, yet treats her well occasionally. He threatens her and in the preview, his attitude when getting her to drink soup sucks. He loves her, but why cant he treat her gently like how he used to? This is such a toxic relationship...and although I love the story because of their love, I also find myself unwilling to accept that this is how love is defined. How LCY defines love and how he shows it is so messed up. He was sort of tough with her in the beginning too, but before their marriage, there were still moments where I enjoyed their interactions because he was gentle, and more humane with her. His love felt more like love and not the crazy, obsessive kind. I like to believe that all the bad things went down because of the circumstances and bad timing and all that...I really do...but those arent excuses. I am so conflicted on how I truly feel about this drama as a whole. One thing I know for sure is that XF is such a memorable character. Her innocence, beauty, kindness, courage...all these traits make her so lovable and endearing.

I agree that LCY deserves to suffer and regret his actions for the rest of his life. I want to see him miss XF after her death. But I also just want LCY and XF to have a fresh start...maybe in another lifetime? 

Another lifetime please.

Redeem our brokenhearts..

15 minutes ago, tomo74 said:

LCY... LCY.... if it's true that LCY bring the army to start the war, he is the most idiotic person in this drama, XF already hates you and you bring an army to kill more of her people?, if he smart, he can use a diplomatic approach to ask XF nicely to come back (he is the crown prince from the central plains after all), well... I can't say too much, just wait until more episode come.

My mind keeps saying "what the heck!!! what the heck!!!" and my head keep shaking, I almost fainted :dizzy:

Hay! This drama Did made us cry, hate, love, hate, care, mad and sometimes be crazy...

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

56 minutes ago, XxchinesedramacrazexX said:

The plot of this drama tbh sorta lacks idek what...logic? Ok maybe not logic...but it just lacks aspects that could have made me fall in love with it even more. 

I am so conflicted on how I truly feel about this drama as a whole.

Thank you! I also feel the same! I believe that this is because the writing was loosing gas toward this end. It has been doing a good job at justifying everything LCY did and making him a relatable jerk (ok, I know it's twisted but this is how I feel lol). Production team, since you've tried so hard, why can't you spend a little more effort to wrap up this character nicely??? It feels as if he transformed into a monster overnight without a warning. I'm just pure angry now, I can't help feeling betrayed because of what they turned his character into in the last 8 episodes. There's rumor that they will have 2 endings, one that follows the book and one as fanservice. Personally, I don't think any HE will work after all the tragedies and pain LCY caused to XF. Poor our XF, I hope they'll give LCY his due karma at the end.

• Like 4