[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Goodbye My Princess 东宫

0ly40

The end is coming and there's just going to be more heartbreak. Our mains aren't going to catch a break at all before they separate forever. LCY is such a pitiful prince who started out naive and innocent until revenge blind sighted him. Same with our princess, her happy bubbly life was cut short by her beloved. I think the ending is only right so that she can be free from all the heartache and he himself can be free from having to protect her. I like that it ended with her on opposite side of him because that's how it started with him, on opposite her grandfather's troops. 

• Like 3

AhDu did not die when GJ died....atleast she didn't in the book. But she got badly injured.

Spoiler

XF would not let anyone come close or touch her. G.Pei told her AhDu was alive and she needed treatment. Even then XF would not let go of AD's hand and stayed close to her. I think after a while she fainted and LCY ordered AD taken away. When XF woke up she was sick and when she didn't see AD, she went crazy thinking AD died. Yong niang told her she was being treated but XF refused to take her medicine and food until Yong niang convinced LCY to let her bring AD to XF, other wise XF will not recover. Next time XF wakes up AD is lying in a bed next to her. 

It's such a pity this drama is going off the rails on the last stretch. This seems to be a pattern with Chinese dramas. Almost all of the C-dramas I've watched have had this issue. Most recent being TSoM....which did pretty well till 65/66...then went completely nonsensical.

I think they need to go back to the 30-35 episode format....coz these 50/60/70 episode dramas are becoming very unappealing......with their crazy nonsense plots shoved in the narrative just to keep their epi count high.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I don't get why so many promising chinese shows end up a hot mess with the WORST cutting and editing done. 

It seems like now that XF and GJ are OTP and LYC/GXW is the outsider trying to break them up.

If I was LYC and lost my memories, I would've acted the same way if my wife got poached. 

• Like 8

Just finished watching sub 4 ep today, I feel better after the last 8 eps . I hated the sweet scenes between GJ and XF just because she was mistaken. But this time shows XF's attachment to LCY when she's not ready to leave EP to return her homeland, although she has found her lover GXW (fake). When she saw LCY standing next to SS, XF decided to leave because she realized she was living in a fake world and she loved someone who always lied. You can see the XF's different reaction to LCY and GJ aka GXW fake when touching her feet, which only her husband sees. Those are the things that show she only loves one person, that is LCY/GXW.

Spoiler

76d92e74ly1g1aujjldh8g20qo0eyu10.gif76d92e74ly1g1auiv5z2ag20qo0eyx6s.gif

LCY in this week's eps also showed his tough with SS when pushing her to find the XF.

Spoiler

d4ad07d1gy1g1aqls44p3g20ep0ep7wi.gif

There was a scene of "running pig" but the two of them just went to the bedroom and changed the scene,  viewers would have to understand this had a bed scene lol. Unfortunately they cut my favorite shooting angle when broadcasting officially in this scene T^T

Spoiler

ddb9cdb8gy1g17ym2qgw8g20ip08ub2d.gifddb9cdb8gy1g17ymsy7jqg20k808ix6t.gif

As for GJ's death, I feel he deserves it. From the beginning, he was contributing to deceiving XF. But he did as if only LCY was the only sinner, blaming LCY's presence for separating his affair with XF. His paranoid thought and how he deceived himself as GXW to get XF's fake love really annoyed me. For him, I didn't have any mercy for his death.  But there was a consolation for GJ before he died, that was XF had put his brooch gift on her hair which is the final respect XF for GJ. At the Lunar New Year, GJ once wanted to put that brooch for XF himself, but she refused because her heart still had feelings for LCY. Finally, before GJ closed his eyes, he saw XF reaching out to hold his hand.

Spoiler

006VNsmLly1g1ayyblfb6g30qo0f0hdv.gif

007DNcingy1g1ars6kyb1j30rs414tm4.jpg

In the original novel, XF is not too sad to see GJ die, which didn't like in the drama. In this case, I actually found XF's shallow and infantile thinking when she wanted to escape with GJ. I understand she was too tired but she should think about her status, her situation when she ran away with someone whom everyone thought was her lover.

As for LCY, he is too cruel and ruthless . But I understand his thoughts and actions. As a crown prince, as a future king, as a man, of course he will be in such a mood when he sees his wife being robbed. Because only to find XF, he even dared to fire the whole building where the King stood. LCY's love with XF is really like an obsession with himself. Even though I know he is a bad guy with many sins, I still feel sad for him and see him very pitiful.

I also wonder which part of the drama will be in this scene. Because this is very suitable for the passage in the novel,  when after XF recalled everything, met LCY who was visiting her and she stabbed LCY. But on the drama we passed that part. I don't know if this is a cut scene or a dream scene in the drama ?

Spoiler

When they revealed that the kiss scene was cut off, the "EP's kiss" keyword is trending no.10 hot search on weibo. That shows that viewers are thirsty for kissing scene lol

Spoiler

005zgA6Wly1g1apsbe7hug30hs0a0u0y.gif006BPzK7ly1g1aq3pcriwj30u01o0doe.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 2

For the people who hate LCY in the first place, DO NOT watch ep 45-48, it will make you hate him to the core.

People say, LCY has reasons for his actions, I agree, so do other people, they have their own reasons too, but dont justified LCY's action because he's the male lead.

The queen has her own reason to kill LCY birth mother, the Gao's clan has their own reason to wiping out Gu's clan, Sese has her own reason for her action, but people condemn their evil action, how about LCY?, he kill XF's granddad, he kill XF's teacher/best friend/ GJ, he even try to kill XF's sister Ah Du (XF think of Ah Du as her own sister), and he's still a good guy, just because he's handsome and the male lead?.

Let say, in real life, your handsome and cute husband (with his own reason) kill your own family and friend, and people just say "your friend deserves to die", "just get back to your husband, he loves you", "we do understand why he do what he did", what will you do?.

After watching (raw) up to ep 48, I like sad ending, it's better in my opinion.

XF fall in love with the wrong person, if LCY is not a prince (just tea merchant) then XF will live happily, too bad LCY is a hungry power prince who only wants vengeance, too bad LCY doesn't know what love really is, too bad LCY is a useless crown prince (just like what he claimed).

If LCY ended up lonely and regretful until old (just like what we saw and thought from spoilers), karma served him the best.

His sins way too much, from killing and deceiving people who not just his enemy, but his blood relative and his own wives.

• Like 3
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 1

Please skip this if you haven’t seen ep 48. 

Oh man...after watching ep 48...that hit me right in the heart.:tears:

I always get serious second lead syndrome.... (like Run Yu from Ashes of Love. I liked him way better than the lead character...but I digress).......but as far as second leads go, GJ wasn’t the greatest. He was weak, clingy, kinda annoying, and a little pathetic throughout the entire drama, without many good redeeming qualities to make up for it....

I didn’t hate him, but I wasn’t expecting to ugly cry at his death.

I felt so sad for him in the end...he didn’t even live long enough to fulfill his revenge of bringing down the Gao family...which was the whole point of him giving up XF to LCY/GXW in the first place...WTHeck! :bawling:

• Like 5
  • Sad 4

After ep 48, I think sad ending (like the one in the novel) would be the best ending. I don’t want the writer to force it into a happy ending. I think XF dying would be best for her to ease all her pain and also the greatest punishment for LCY. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, bluesunny3 said:

.but as far as second leads go, GJ wasn’t the greatest. He was weak, clingy, kinda annoying, and a little pathetic throughout the entire drama, without many good redeeming qualities to make up for it....

GJ indeed weak and pity, but I don't find him annoying, at least he always protects XF (I find how LCY protects XF is weird, either slapping, cursing, yell at her or fight with her, like xuniang wasn't favor at all but still got harmed, Sese was favoring a lot, but what worse thing she got? only demoted, so people got harmed not because they got most favor or not), he treats XF's important people very well, he keeps his promise to take XF back to her homeland, and he gentle to XF.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, bluesunny3 said:

I didn’t hate him, but I wasn’t expecting to ugly cry at his death.

I felt so sad for him in the end...he didn’t even live long enough to fulfill his revenge of bringing down the Gao family...which was the whole point of him giving up XF to LCY/GXW in the first place...WTHeck

Lol... I used half of box of tissue because of that.

He has nice death, in XF's arm, in his love's arm.

• Like 5

After LCY and XF's marriage, it didn't seem like XF was as in love with LCY as she was before...but watching episode 45, seeing LCY reminisce while XF looks at him with those sad eyes confirmed that the love was always there. LCY always had XF in his heart and vice versa. The circumstances they're placed in forced them both to not be able to openly express that love. :( Makes me so sad... I just don't get why it seemed like XF ish had feelings for GJ....I mean, even if she thought he was GXW, that doesn't seem she has to run off with him?

Spoiler

LCY's face when he puts on the hair accessory on SS is just so heartbreaking. The parallelism between GJ putting the accessory on XF and LCY + SS sigh..

Spoiler

omg....the ending of 48 when XF tells LCY that GXW is dead. That he killed GXW with his own hands....that is too deep and too devastating for me to handle.

• Like 7

All i can say is GJ caused his own death, he'd already decided to die for XF and he'd never intended to bring her 'home'..he and his empty promises bcos he knew once she returns home she would become much more sad and depress when she learnt of her parents death and maybe hate him and Adu for deceiving her too and i also think Adu had feelings for him as well.

• Like 6

I've been watching-not watching this drama from the get-go. I've been so angry that I've quit watching...then gave in & started again. Next, I get so miserably sad that I quit watching...then give in & start watching again. I've gone from extremely high blood pressure to a nonexistent blood pressure (at least that's what it felt like). If I've learned one thing from watching GMP... it's that emotional roller-coaster dramas are NOT conducive to one's health. :crazy:

An acceptable ending for this drama is the original one. XF has endured more than enough - lost too many close friends & family to be able to live a good life. If she lives, she would need to rise up and exact revenge for all the things LCY has done (intentionally or not). Let hatred overcome her like it has LCY. Avenge her family/kingdom like LCY has been doing. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jewelsc said:

All i can say is GJ caused his own death, he'd already decided to die for XF and he'd never intended to bring her 'home'..he and his empty promises bcos he knew once she returns home she would become much more sad and depress when she learnt of her parents death and maybe hate him and Adu for deceiving her too and i also think Adu had feelings for him as well.

Have you watched ep 48?, XF already remembers everything but she still decided to leave the palace with GJ and Ah Du. XF stay with GJ until his last breath, it means she forgave GJ.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Takingthehighroad said:

An acceptable ending for this drama is the original one. XF has endured more than enough - lost too many close friends & family to be able to live a good life. If she lives, she would need to rise up and exact revenge for all the things LCY has done (intentionally or not). Let hatred overcome her like it has LCY. Avenge her family/kingdom like LCY has been doing. 

She lost family and a close friend in the hand of LCY, if she lives, it'll kill her inside, living with the man she loves and also hate (she say that on a few occasion, that she hate LCY).

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, visiopeia said:

i  haven't watch ep 45 - 48 yet.. wasn't ready to watch it.. 4 more episode right??? Should i skip ep 45 - 48 ?? lol

If you want to watch it, just prepare a box of tissue :bawling:

I think we will have swollen eyes until ep 52

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, foeversongsong81 said:

I have a question, when XF is with GJ thinking he is GXW does she not remember yet?  I mean if she did remember then why does she not recognize its not him like his face.  If she did remember shouldn't she realize its suppose to be LCY???

She vaguely remembers during the first run away (being kidnapped), but she clearly remembers everything during second time try to escape from the palace.

• Like 3