[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Goodbye My Princess 东宫

0ly40

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT0LahTSO6V4gA4OmPb6LMiO9KZV0LgkBgwOA87EKwFS9Zmz9E1hqdefault.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnMJzXoQ-KtI-2D4xaCM8aX1bW_C-I3afhxP8mEXybGsK89Qh-

Whether it's sad songs or sad stories or even sad endings.  There is something that is different for each of us that pulls at our hearts and that takes hold of our emotions.  As I continue this journey until it's end I am reminded of those classics like Romeo & Juliet where even when one knows the ending.  Not what could have been or should have been, but simply what is.  And yet is loved by so many without ever receiving that deserved happy ending.

I guess it's stories such as this that allow us to hurt and even cry with them.  In watching the poor choices and misunderstandings that are made over and over by LCY's unforgotten pain and revengeful master plan.   That without him completely knowing or even understanding would rob him of something much more valuable than his revenge.

Happiness.

I once had love & happiness in the palm of my hand and without knowing it smothered it instead...

Just saw episodes 41-44... geez my feelings are all over the place. Wth is going on... I read the novel until chapter 25, but can anyone who finished the novel attest that the script writers are being true to the rest of the story or did they scheme something into the drama here?

Spoiler

This whole GuJian + XiaoFeng momentum and her mistaking him as GuXiaoWu came from out of left field. I'm so confused and worried about the next few episodes, like will she realize this or will it all end with her thinking LiChengYin killed the love of her life when he is in fact the love of her life?? Like, okay, he isn't the greatest hero ever, given his long list of wrong deeds and decisions, but is there really no hope in a true Happy Ending at all??

God this is a tragedy within all tragedies. I might need therapy after this drama is over :crazy:

Edited by hellorain
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bluesunny3 said:

General Pei claims as long as XF is happy, nothing else matters....but he stands and does nothing as LCY  kills GJ in front of XF? Obviously, XF is crying and begging!  Like Why didn’t he just tell LCY he was GXW and then just have GJ arrested?

I know right...

It means all the man in this drama, none is good enough for XF.

If XF is my daughter, I'll buy her a puppy (lots of them) and let her raise them, a dog can be more loyal and faithful to their master than human. No more tears and painful memories.:love:

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

And for LCY killing GJ, he has done a good job wiping out the last descendant of his mother's family, his blood related family, just for the reason of what? jealousy? why bother about XF when you're busy with Sese, why bother about who's XF love when you have Sese who love you wholehearted?, his sins can't be paid off for 3 life incarnations.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 3/18/2019 at 6:21 AM, furu.vu217 said:

I am very very very angry with the writers. They did very well until ep 37, everything completely collapsed with me.

I read from yesterday's news report that the audience was furious by the incomplete story and asked youku to release the full episode versions. Initially youku cut the episodes from their usual 40+ mins to 35 then 30 mins without consulting with the producers and it enraged the audience members. 

Has anyone heard if youku will honor the request? I'm holding off watching ep 37+ until this gets resolved.

Edited by razbhvn
  • Like 3

We need to drink the water of oblivion river to forgot this so we can rewatch this from start....

Hellorain:

Just saw episodes 41-44... geez my feelings are all over the place. Wth is going on... I read the novel until chapter 25, but can anyone who finished the novel attest that the script writers are being true to the rest of the story or did they scheme something into the drama here?

Hide contents

This whole GuJian + XiaoFeng momentum and her mistaking him as GuXiaoWu came from out of left field. I'm so confused and worried about the next few episodes, like will she realize this or will it all end with her thinking LiChengYin killed the love of her life when he is in fact the love of her life?? Like, okay, he isn't the greatest hero ever, given his long list of wrong deeds and decisions, but is there really no hope in a true Happy Ending at all??

God this is a tragedy within all tragedies. I might need therapy after this drama is over 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

8 hours ago, hellorain said:

Hide contents

God this is a tragedy within all tragedies. I might need therapy after this drama is over :crazy:

I also just watched eps 41-44.....omg I facepalmed and rolled my eyes so many times near the end of ep 44. How many times can this drama disappoint me? And yet, it still keeps me hooked because I still want to see the couple get a happy ending (though that probs won't happen...). Their love was so deep and beautiful...and now it just seems...fake and superficial? Not even sure. I'm confused.

XF loves LCY. LCY loves XF. but all of a sudden XF thinks GXW is GJ and she isn't willing to return to LCY? LIKE WHAT? holy I'm so frustrated

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Refer to pages 29 and 30 posts on @furu.vu217 and yourself.  Discussions on the omitted love scenes of our otp.

Oh the discussion about my rage over main couple passionate kiss scene become the promotion of LCY bed's curtain scene? LOL.

Btw, when will Sese-LCY relationship arc will finally be solves in the drama? Why is she still here in the drama urghh! Until when I had to force myself to see LCY-Sese scenes sheesh.

Me everytime I had to watch LCY-Sese nauseous sweet scene:

tenor.gif

Credit to owner

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, Andzek said:

Btw, when will Sese-LCY relationship arc will finally be solves in the drama? Why is she still here in the drama urghh! Until when I had to force myself to see LCY-Sese scenes sheesh.

On the contrary, i enjoyed watching Sese little 'sweet' scenes with LCY, she's like all hands on him and he's like all disgusted and the expression on his face was like 'don't touch me woman!' :lol:

• LOL 3

On 3/16/2019 at 4:44 PM, furu.vu217 said:

Yes, I went to weibo and saw a lot of fans complaining about the editing and the relationship between LCY and SS. As a result, the douban point is now only 7.4, which is really unfortunate for the drama that could have been better. 

We just hope they will release cut scenes. I found two clips on YT and shared it in twitter. Cuts from Ep 1 or 2.

Still watching though even without subs

• Like 1

On 3/18/2019 at 9:21 PM, furu.vu217 said:

I am very very very angry with the writers. They did very well until ep 37, everything completely collapsed with me.

Reveal hidden contents

Today ep 41-44: the keyword "GBMP writer" is climbing the top 13 hot search weibo ! Because the two details have been modified:
- LCY used to have feelings for SS

- XF remembers mistaking GXW as GJ, GJ does not deny and claim to be GXW.

What's with the script writer?

Ep 42-44  watching raw. These episodes gave me heartache... 

• Like 1

I'm still very angry because of the mess caused by the writers in the recent episodes. That's why the drama's douban dropped from 7.6 to 7.1. Maybe I'll wait until tomorrow until ep 47.48 when everything goes back to the orbit close to the original. I would consider having no ep 44 because I was really too angry with the script's reforms.

What I am most angry about is that the writer has turned LCY and XF's love into something superficial. In the original, they only have each other in their hearts. XF does not even have crush feeling with GJ. LCY only takes full advantage of SS. But now, writers have built LCY character, which once had feelings for SS, used to do things like piggybacking, going to the temple, ... with XF as he did with SS when they were childhood friend. When XF mislead GJ as GXW, she immediately forgot LCY who was injured by a sword for her and even had sweet scenes with fake ver while she is married. LCY is a badboy but he only love XF which is his only bright spot. XF from beginning to end only love GXW/LCY makes her lovestory more tragic than ever. The writers broke the image of those two characters.

Another ridiculous thing when XF vaguely remembers GXW, recalling the love between two people, GJ is the one who gets & enjoys such those fake sweetness because he arrogate to himself. When XF recalled everything that included GXW aka LCY killing the entire XF's clan, LCY is the one had to suffer XF's hatred.

Really to me, GJ is an annoying  & obnoxious character from novel to drama. He always said he wanted XF to be happy, but he always recalled everything that made the XF recall the painful past too. The end of his death under LCY's hand is absolutely worth it.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

On 3/18/2019 at 9:52 PM, furu.vu217 said:

Hide contents

Unfortunately, they also have lots of skinship scenes that make viewers uncomfortable.

c3ead938ly1g179eoup00j21hc0u0gq8.jpgc3ead938ly1g179ep5r24j219q0u0gnp.jpgc3ead938ly1g179epbtwcj20u00gvwg3.jpg

Why is the writer writing unnecessary things that make the love story of XF and LCY so superficial. Obviously, in the novel, because they only have each other in their hearts, it makes their love story more tragic than ever.

Why do writers do like this ???

I hate GJ characters from novel to drama, a kind of hateful 2nd character.

GJ should have died when he fell from the cliff. Hateful character.  Sorry for the rant.. 

I still love my OTP(LCY & XF) & it breaks my heart to see them like this.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2019 at 7:16 AM, tomo74 said:

I like LCY because of the actor, but I don't like LCY's character itself, he is immature and a hypocrite. Ep 41, he said (to the queen) " I'm just a pawn for you to keep your position....... My life means nothing to you, you never thought of me as your son....", it sounds like, he hates that the queen used him, he hates that the queen is a very selfish person, yet he did the same thing to XF.

Talking about doing everything for a reason, I guess, Sese is not a bad person either, LCY mislead her by telling her, "she is the only one", "i would not betray you", etc, he brainwashed her with his promises, so she acts badly because of jealousy.

So I understand why the writer tries so hard to make LCY's character less bad.

Lucky LCY (CXX) is handsome and cute, if not, people have already thrown rotten eggs to his face since the beginning :lol:

Indeed.. LCY (Chen Xing Xu) is very handsome or else , many had dropped this. I love them(CXX & PX) since the their first meeting. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Andzek said:

For second marriage, other than political reason, I also believe LCY want to marry XF because he already develops feeling for her LOL

Remember when XF get angry after knowing her grandfather issue & want to cancelled the marriage alliance, he persuaded her then wiped her tears while pinning her down.

At their second wedding ceremony he looks happy & proud when he saw his bride & keep staring at XF faces although she gives him cold face when they're bowing at each other.

Then on their first wedding night he tried to approaches her but leaves when he sensed she's not in the mood with the knife and get drunk LOL

Yeah in modern drama LCY gonna be labelled as two timer main male lead haha:lol: 

but here I excused him because he need to marry crown princess coz his position as crown prince and he losing his memories before his second marriage wih XF:P

Well said.. 

• Like 1