[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Goodbye My Princess 东宫

0ly40

19 minutes ago, vlvl1 said:

Here the link to the latest previews of LCY killings GJ and XF getting her memory back. Wow...

https://m.weibo.cn/u/6264447311?jumpfrom=weibocom#&gid=1&pid=1

As bad as this sounds...I dont feel as much heartache for this drama anymore. It wasnt able to keep its momentum going to keep me attached to the love story and characters. The beginning was so heartbreaking and sweet, then it got us hopeful for more sweetness despite the forgotten memories, and now...sigh. LCY confusing feelings for Sese and schemes rlly distracted me from loving the main couple. I am seriously just so disappointed LOL

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, XxchinesedramacrazexX said:

As bad as this sounds...I dont feel as much heartache for this drama anymore. It wasnt able to keep its momentum going to keep me attached to the love story and characters. The beginning was so heartbreaking and sweet, then it got us hopeful for more sweetness despite the forgotten memories, and now...sigh. LCY confusing feelings for Sese and schemes rlly distracted me from loving the main couple. I am seriously just so disappointed LOL

From the weibo link, it showed LCY has dark heart, he can kill GJ silently, but instead he forces XF to watch it, to watch GJ die, so he can feel victory, I wonder if he really loves XF or he doesn't like losing (like he must get everything what he wants) if he can't have it, others too.:confused:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, vlvl1 said:

Here the link to the latest previews of LCY killings GJ and XF getting her memory back. Wow...

ok, there are 8 episodes more right? I still will finish this drama until the end although the drama's writer & editor annoyed the heck of me with what they did to main couple romance development..

the story concept is interesting, the main couple have great chemistry with each other, their acting skill are decent, the drama costumes are beautiful but they mess it with the drama editing, LCY-Sese relationship & XF-GJ what the heck sweet scene:mellow:

so there are some main couple scene left before our XF heartbreaking ending that make me wonder which one will be shown/get cut out:

1) LCY happily hugs XF after she returned & she stabs him

2) XF mentions "Gu Xiao Wu" and LCY curiously asks who is that while lying beside her on bed

3) LCY looks sad while looking at XF (it must be coz she said something like "Gu Xiao Wu is my love...")

4} LCY get angry coz XF giving him cold treatment & throw her on the bed (I think this part might get cut out-_-)

5) LCY forces XF to see how GJ died

5) XF (goodbye?) kiss to LCY & he hugs her

is there any other else that I forgot to list?

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, tomo74 said:

From the weibo link, it showed LCY has dark heart, he can kill GJ silently, but instead he forces XF to watch it, to watch GJ die, so he can feel victory, I wonder if he really loves XF or he doesn't like losing (like he must get everything what he wants) if he can't have it, others too.:confused:

LCY is blindly jealous but GJ moves is not smart either. 

GJ kidnapped XF & take advantage of her memory loss that make her thought he is Gu Xiao Wu by having sweet time together with her.

XF is not just somebody wife, she's crown prince legal wife! 

With all of GJ part time stalking activity, he should know how tense XF-LCY relationship are, not to mention he also knew that LCY also loses his memory like XF. so why the heck did he make the matters worse?

• Sad 2

45 minutes ago, Andzek said:

With all of GJ part time stalking activity, he should know how tense XF-LCY relationship are, not to mention he also knew that LCY also loses his memory like XF. so why the heck did he make the matters worse?

Maybe he just want 1 last chance to feel loved by XF before he die.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, tomo74 said:

@Andzekevery time you say  "the heck", I lol so hard, you must be very frustrated.:lol:

HAHA yes almost every character action in the drama annoyed me & give me heartache right now.

LCY annoyed me coz his jealousy make him stupid, blind & hurting XF deeply until she commit suicide .

GJ annoyed me with messing with LCY-XF relationship, keeping their past from XF & LCY

XF annoyed me for provoking his husband about GXW although I understand how she feels after remember the past

Sese annoyed me coz she still there in our main couple relationship

arghh i need a lot of tissue for upcoming episodes:bawling:

edit: btw guys, i see someone with fluffy clothes kinda lying on the floor after Gu Jian get shoot until he died. don't tell me that is A'du? if that true, is she still alive after that? (i mean in the drama coz i know she still alive in that part in the novel) 

• LOL 4

The trailers for episodes 45-48 are out. I am very very very impressed by both of their acting. Her fear and screaming when she saw LCY/GXW for the first time speaks volumes and his crazed anger when he ordered the killing of GJ is... They are both so darn good!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, jayyepeee said:

The trailers for episodes 45-48 are out. I am very very very impressed by both of their acting. Her fear and screaming when she saw LCY/GXW for the first time speaks volumes and his crazed anger when he ordered the killing of GJ is... They are both so darn good!

XF reaction is so heartbreaking. remembering back you tried to end your life coz the guy whom you love & married had betrayed you, kill your beloved to wake up realizing you still get married to him again must devastated her.

she wake up from nightmare to realized that she still trapped in the scary reality. the poor girl:bawling:

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

After rewatch ep 8, If i were XF I would also scare with LCY and I will not also believe him for what he has done to her in order to eliminate Dan Chi.

jayyepeee: thanks for the spoiler of ep 45-48. It is heart breaking to see XF finally remember the past and her 2nd wish that LCY to kill GJ is come true. First LCY do not wish to kill GJ and now he really kill him due to his jealousy. OMG.. so sad... look like karma...

• Sad 4

15 hours ago, tomo74 said:

GJ indeed pitiful, he loves XF, but he's weak, that's why he can't get XF's love in the first place, if he's strong enough, he won't listen to his godfather, he will take XF run away when XF begs him in the beginning, then XF won't meet GXW and fall in love but then there'll not be a "goodbye my princess" drama :open_mouth:

But I understand why he mislead XF, his health is getting worse, he has only 1 chance left so he wants to use it to spend time with XF as much as he can.

Why he betrayed XF? he has a mission to complete (to revenge for wiping out his whole family) but since he's a small potato, he can't do much to kill Gao's clan that's why he must collaborate with LCY and his godfather and follow through their's plans.

The other hand, LCY just wants power, his revenge only to the queen, he has the choice either to betray XF or not, but he likes power.

So, talking about who is evil, I don't think GJ is evil, he's just weak, how about GXW/LCY?, I think he is, he supposedly is a smart prince, he can think his way how to kill Danchis without using XF (try to get close to her, do something to make XF fall in love to him, when he knows from the beginning that he just want to used XF).

That's why (from the spoilers) XF forgive GJ, but she can't forgive LCY.

Yeah i also feel sympathetic to GJ, at least in the novel he really cared for XF’s happines by protecting ADu. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Andzek said:

XF reaction is so heartbreaking. remembering back you tried to end your life coz the guy whom you love & married had betrayed you, kill your beloved to wake up realizing you still get married to him again must devastated her.

she wake up from nightmare to realized that she still trapped in the scary reality. the poor girl:bawling:

So she remembers him, but he doesn't remember her yet??

That scene was heartbreaking to watch. Ugghh I hate how they did so well in the beginning, and now the storyline is off tracked. No lovey dovey scenes for our OTP!!! He really is killing GJ over his jealousy?!! Sucks he doesn't remember GJ as his good brother.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

I have not watched yesterday's episodes yet.  This angst was expected.  But my only worry was why did the production crew cut the lovey dovey scenes between the OTP? :rage: very bad.

I LL continue to watch coz of the OTP's acting.  Both of them have really impressed me.  I am not also in for a SE, but no other go.  No woman would want to continue to live with a man who is so heartless and foxy.  :bawling:

I look forward for the reunion of the OTP in another modern project.  They look great too.  Jaiyou!!!!  

• Like 1

Btw I realized after rewatching the preview for the next week that been posted by @jayyepeee. If the preview are truly in order & not been edit, it seem the scenes will be like this:

1) In the scene where XF head got bandaged, she already regaining her memory back.

2) Upon seeing LCY, she got traumatized coz she remember about his action in the past. 

3) She asking A'du about something (?). Perhaps she upsets that A'du also keeping the past from her.

4) Bed scene(?) She mentioned about Gu Xiao Wu while sleeping & LCY asked who is it (it's you dumb boy!).

5) LCY get crazily jealous & order to kill GJ. He also forced XF to look at how GJ died. GJ still had time to smiles before he died.

(this pair of cousins *shake my head*)

In the novel, LCY forced XF coz he kinda jealous over 'Gu Xiao Wu'. XF already provoked him about 'Gu Xiao Wu' before that happen. 

But it seems in the drama, LCY heard XF mentioned about 'Gu Xiao Wu' for the first time while they both lying on the bed. So they sleep together first then he get jealous over 'Gu Xiao Wu'? If that so, what the heck is the reason he forced her in the first place? I'm assumed he forced her coz there's no way she gonna sleep with him after regaining her memory. I'm confused:mellow: 

The writer make LCY in the drama acts compassionate towards other people:

-Xue Niang the maid who become his concubine coz of empress evil scheme, he help her to get out from the palace 

-Sese, he kind of having affection towards her before he falls for XF 2nd times (dude a two timer LOL) & although he awared of Sese schemes towards XF & XN, he feels kinda sad when he demoted her (cue Sese caressing his face & he's crying sheesh)

-Empress, his stepmother, although he want justice for her biological mother there's a scene that he sat outside the room where empress where punished & looks kinda sad

And I don't have any problem if the writer want to show the viewer the humanistic side of LCY but it seems the writer make him bipolar whenever he with Xiao Feng compare to other woman LOL. Why would he forced woman he love when she looks kind of traumatized towards him with her head still being bandaged while he can be rational & acts more compassionate towards other woman? If there's forced scene, he forced her before he know about the 'Gu Xiao Wu' then:expressionless: 

Xiao Feng, my poor girl:tears: She hurts so much coz of her bipolar husband! Even she already slapped him 3 times, I hope she could gives him some slaps again in the upcoming episodes although it seems impossible. If only she could slaps the heck out of him until he instantly regaining his memory back & stop hurting her.

tenor.gif

Credit to owner

But if he remember, then the drama would not be titled "Goodbye My Princess"-_-

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

50 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

I have not watched yesterday's episodes yet.  This angst was expected.  But my only worry was why did the production crew cut the lovey dovey scenes between the OTP? :rage: very bad.

I LL continue to watch coz of the OTP's acting.  Both of them have really impressed me.  I am not also in for a SE, but no other go.  No woman would want to continue to live with a man who is so heartless and foxy.  :bawling:

I look forward for the reunion of the OTP in another modern project.  They look great too.  Jaiyou!!!!  

Can you tell me the lovey dovey scenes that been cut out? I wonder why they did that. I rather watch our main couple staring at each other for 30 minutes straight rather than LCY-Sese & GJ-XF scenes! What the heck editor!!! 

About their next drama together, I don't care whether it modern or historical, as long the drama's plot development is good. Many chinese drama get ruined coz of the plot development although the main actor & actress are good together.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jayyepeee said:

Yes, from the previews, both their acting are really quite incredible. Both continue to amaze me, it's just really sad that the characters could not be more consistent. 

I'm still holding off watching Epi 41 to 44  and wait for Thursday's update so that I can lessen the angst while waiting for updates. To those who watched, how was it? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jayyepeee said:

Im scratching my head at the inconsistencies of this drama....

General Pei claims as long as XF is happy, nothing else matters....but he stands and does nothing as LCY  kills GJ in front of XF? Obviously, XF is crying and begging!  Like Why didn’t he just tell LCY he was GXW and then just have GJ arrested?

Another thing...

If XF didn’t want GJ to die, then she should have told LCY right there before the command...

And maybe she could’ve considered that LCY was willing to help and release Xuaniang. Why didn’t XF or even A’Du explain he was GXW and all the crap he put XF through? Maybe he would’ve have let them go after they guilted him...if the drama decides to air the alternate ending, then I’ll really be rolling my eyes<_<....LCY would’ve let them go a lot sooner if they just told him the truth.

Basically...I just feel that at ANY POINT someone could’ve  taken LCY aside, cleared this misunderstanding up, and said “Hey Crown Prince. You’re actually GXW. You tricked XF and destroyed her family. That’s why she hates you and wants to kill you.”

LCY makes a lot of stupid decisions...but none of the other characters make smart ones either....

*sigh*

Im already invested this much time into Goodbye My Princess..might as well stick with it to the end

• Like 5