[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Goodbye My Princess 东宫

0ly40

I'm on ep 10!! This drama's pace is good. It is not slow or too fast. The main lead actors are co cute together, they have great chemistry. I saw the actor who played LCY in TLOTCH, and so I knew he have potential!! He portrays LCY really well, the raw emotions from both the leads are soooo good!! Ep 8 was sad!!! The betrayal when she found out what happened!!! That jump into the oblivion water!!! 

I am playing catch up, and I am so glad I took the time to watch this one :).

The lead actress is beautiful!!! She kind of reminds me of Tiffany Tang :). 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, furu.vu217 said:

I just remember there are 2 still cuts that had LCY & GP with Mi Luo when they'r in Western State. Based on the costumes they wear, this is the scene where LCY told BP that he was going to kill the King wolf white eyes.

Reveal hidden contents

006EDmN9ly1g0d9thf1woj34mo2ls1l0.jpg?fbc006EDmN9ly1g0d9tffh4pj34mo2lshdv.jpg?fbc

I think the drama has not mentioned this yet and maybe it'll not too in the future. I wonder if they cut this relationship?

I read on one of the weibo posting that they cut out the early scenes with Mi Luo. Apparently, the actress playing Mi Luo was also sad that it did not make the final cut... Makes me wonder how much of the original footage was edited out... :grimace:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/14/2019 at 1:14 PM, jewelsc said:

Frustrating isn't it? :lol:, they had us going with the teasers just to get deflated..

Some pages back, our novel spoilers friends have already spoiled us - LCY had 'forced' her due to his obsessive jealousness thinking GXW was someone else and XF's lover.

Do you know when this happened?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, rosierosie said:

For now, it makes me laugh and giggle everytime they have flashbacks^_^.

I know the hurt will come, but for now, I'm enjoying the laughter.

I really enjoyed it up to the mid twenties in episodes but there has been something lacking for the thirties.  The tension is draining away.  I think it has to do with the changes they made to the male lead.  He was an a**hole in the novel from the sounds of it - an obsessive Heathcliffe type - but here they've tried to keep that edge but redeem him to an extent and it doesn't quite fit.  The actor is making it work as best he can but I'm afraid the character is losing his appeal and just looking like a waffling, petty-minded jerk who wants to keep and eat his cake at the same time.  He doesn't appear to have any proactive plan to deal with Zhao and Gao aside from some half-assed plan to shield the CP from them by pretending not to like her.  Does he love Sese or not - they are showing us someone who does have feelings for her, does have a conscience, yet is going to screw her around and in the meantime make the CP miserable. He's not exactly a mastermind - where's the smart boy from the beginning gone?  So it all comes down to authorial intention here and I am unsure what the script authors intend us to think because I don't think they're quite sure either.  Sexy sociopath player obsessed with the CP or  compassionate victim of circumstances who loves two women?  

Needed to vent a little.  They've got time to redeem the script but I was a victim of SH Ryeo and Cheese in the Trap, my fave shows that both went off the rails midway through with poor script and editing choices that deeply impacted the love story tension, and I hate to say it but the signs are here for this one too.

Interesting when you realize that in all three cases it is behind the scenes pragmatic decisions that screw up the originals, all with slightly sociopathic leads.  This one was supposed to be only 30 or so episodes and by dragging to 52 the tension is draining.  SH Ryeo was the opposite - originally 24 episodes somebody hatchet jobbed to 20 so it didn't even make sense in places.  And the original for Cheese was incomplete, so the director just made up and went in a different direction than the entire flow of the story indicated about three quarters of the way through.  Writing obsessive edgy slightly sociopathic male leads is hard if you still want the readers or viewers to root for the love story.  I Hope the best for this one now we're passing the stretched out middle and coming into the last ten to fifteen episodes.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, ayang23 said:

I'm not 100% sure, but my understanding is that Xi State is one of the top/powerful kingdoms along with Li Kingdom (and there was another one but I forgot the name....that kingdom also proposed marriage to XF during the beginning of the drama). XF is the only legitimate daughter of the king and queen of Xi State/Danchi (XF has other sisters too but they are her step sisters from concubines). In addition, Li Kingdom wants her as crown princess to prevent future war/create an alliance for all kingdoms. Those are my thoughts. Anyone who has read the novel want to confirm this?

Thanks so much for explaining it to me . 

• Like 1

@hell59

Spoiler

It hasn't happened yet perhaps in these last few epis after she got kidnapped by GJ and she got sick (with fever?) and that's when she remembered GXW so after she got saved and returned to LCY that's when she brought up GXW and he had no idea that he himself was GXW , i'm guessing it's after 3:47 in this video..

8 hours ago, rosierosie said:

I'm on ep 10!! This drama's pace is good. It is not slow or too fast. The main lead actors are co cute together, they have great chemistry. I saw the actor who played LCY in TLOTCH, and so I knew he have potential!! He portrays LCY really well, the raw emotions from both the leads are soooo good!! Ep 8 was sad!!! The betrayal when she found out what happened!!! That jump into the oblivion water!!! 

I am playing catch up, and I am so glad I took the time to watch this one :).

The lead actress is beautiful!!! She kind of reminds me of Tiffany Tang :). 

Hi chingo, just like you started watching this drama recently, now have reached ep 21. 

I have liked it so far, and become addicted too. Though definitely there are occasions where I have wished to kill the prince so better he would make it up all for her or I will be angry of him TT

Love the princess soooooo much , first time to see this actress, she is so beautiful and talented as well. she did good job playing her character and conveying the emotions. 

I am glad I started watching this one when already 40 episodes have been released. Otherwise the waiting would kill me ! 

Edited by Kim Nana
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, brielover said:

The actor is making it work as best he can but I'm afraid the character is losing his appeal and just looking like a waffling, petty-minded jerk who wants to keep and eat his cake at the same time.  He doesn't appear to have any proactive plan to deal with Zhao and Gao aside from some half-assed plan to shield the CP from them by pretending not to like her.  Does he love Sese or not - they are showing us someone who does have feelings for her, does have a conscience, yet is going to screw her around and in the meantime make the CP miserable. He's not exactly a mastermind - where's the smart boy from the beginning gone?  So it all comes down to authorial intention here and I am unsure what the script authors intend us to think because I don't think they're quite sure either.  Sexy sociopath player obsessed with the CP or  compassionate victim of circumstances who loves two women?  

I agree with you.

I dont get what is the purpose of Sese to LCY, if the purpose just to annoy the queen, why he still cares for her after the queen's downfall? unless he has feeling for Sese. And I dont think LCY loves XF, or if he loves XF, it's not a mature love but more like a crush love (very shallow love). The only person who truly loves XF is Ah Du.

So this tragic love story actually apply only for XF, she doesn't have any enemy until she love GXW/LCY who become her only enemy.

• Like 3

I am very very very angry with the writers. They did very well until ep 37, everything completely collapsed with me.

Spoiler

Today ep 41-44: the keyword "GBMP writer" is climbing the top 13 hot search weibo ! Because the two details have been modified:
- LCY used to have feelings for SS

- XF remembers mistaking GXW as GJ, GJ does not deny and claim to be GXW.

What's with the script writer?

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

6 minutes ago, furu.vu217 said:

I am very very very angry with the writers. They did very well until ep 37, everything completely collapsed with me.

Reveal hidden contents

Today ep 41-44: the keyword "GBMP writer" is climbing the top 13 hot search weibo ! Because the two details have been modified:
- LCY used to have feelings for SS

- XF remembers mistaking GXW as GJ, GJ does not deny and claim to be GXW.

What's with the script writer?

:bawling::bawling: I read that too!!! 

Spoiler

Now both are the 3rd party in each of their relationship! I just hope there are no skinships between GJ and XF or SS and LCY, I'd wave swords at the screenwriter! I have 感情洁癖 :sweatingbullets:

I dont know if I should watch tonight's episode or just wait until everything is out so that I can watch it all at peace (albeit a lot of fast forwarding!) Sighh... 

• Sad 2

14 minutes ago, nuttyz said:

:bawling::bawling: I read that too!!! 

Reveal hidden contents

Now both are the 3rd party in each of their relationship! I just hope there are no skinships between GJ and XF or SS and LCY, I'd wave swords at the screenwriter! I have 感情洁癖 :sweatingbullets:

I dont know if I should watch tonight's episode or just wait until everything is out so that I can watch it all at peace (albeit a lot of fast forwarding!) Sighh... 

Spoiler

Unfortunately, they also have lots of skinship scenes that make viewers uncomfortable.

c3ead938ly1g179eoup00j21hc0u0gq8.jpgc3ead938ly1g179ep5r24j219q0u0gnp.jpgc3ead938ly1g179epbtwcj20u00gvwg3.jpg

Why is the writer writing unnecessary things that make the love story of XF and LCY so superficial. Obviously, in the novel, because they only have each other in their hearts, it makes their love story more tragic than ever.

Why do writers do like this ???

I hate GJ characters from novel to drama, a kind of hateful 2nd character.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, XxchinesedramacrazexX said:

Wait...so just to get this straight...

Reveal hidden contents

XF thinks that GXW is GJ?? So does she fall in love with him?? Excuse me?? 

I started this drama with such high hopes...and honestly, I am very disappointed to see it go down like this. 

Spoiler

This makes zero sense!! She is already presently in love with LCY, how can she like the fake GXW??!!!!!! Did she lose her current memory when she woke up? 

I didn't think GJ was a good character in the novel too, now this development just makes him despicable. He is indecisive, is a jealous coward and 2 times he manipulated XF, what an A**!! No wonder LCY was so pissed with him to want to kill him so badly! 

A few clips from tonights epi

Spoiler

The great grandmother told LCY that XF loves him for who he is, not because of his status and that he should treasure her

https://m.weibo.cn/6264447311/4351309131633149

Spoiler

LCY explained to XF about the pregnant maid, broke the ice and returned the tooth necklace before running out to the brothel

https://m.weibo.cn/6264447311/4351294032299784

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

they are trying to make LCY a nice guy with all of this.. with the plot XF is not wrong beause she remembers half the things.. and LCYin is not wrong because he didn't turn evil because of wrong reasons but his wife indeed cheated on him :P

this is so stupid.

today i saw on youtube, they have disclosed some aspects of new ending.. and it is supposed to be happy as in XF does not die..

Are they redoing all scenes or are they just always wanted to do this

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

GJ is truly getting on my nerves, he is so annoying.  He has been misleading XF since the beginning, he mislead her with his affections then he betrayed her trusts and now he lied having her believe he is GXW..honestly i will not feel sorry when LCY killed him in the end.  He is so pitiful.:crazy:

• LOL 4

3 hours ago, jewelsc said:

GJ is truly getting on my nerves, he is so annoying.  He has been misleading XF since the beginning, he mislead her with his affections then he betrayed her trusts and now he lied having her believe he is GXW..honestly i will not feel sorry when LCY killed him in the end.  He is so pitiful.:crazy:

edit:just watched, they are trying hard to justify everything LCYin did by changing story line