[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Goodbye My Princess 东宫

0ly40

Spoiler
15 minutes ago, furu.vu217 said:

After watching 4 ep yesterday, I have some thoughts to share

Hide contents

I really like LCY's drama. There may be many people who say writers have "whitewashing" LCY or saying LCY, not as cruel and dangerouss as LCY's novel. But in the novel, the character LCY is only through the POV of XF, so it is just a subjective look. The drama actually exploits many aspects of this character and the inner development of the character I find is very reasonable, very practical when put in LCY's position.

But there is one thing I don't like about the LCY character's change in the drama compared to the novel. That is the relationship of LCY with SS. We all know SS is a tool for LCY to take advantage of the throne of the Crown Prince. In the novel, LCY has no affection for SS other than taking advantage of her. But in the drama, apart from LCY taking advantage of SS, LCY really care about SS. The scenes of LCY visiting SS, LCY kneeling to Queen to forgive the SS really made me confused about his feelings for the SS. Is it fake or honest ?

The reason for such a change was because in the novel, the Gao family and Zhao's family colluded on harming LCY's mother, so both of them died by LCY in the end. In the drama, Zhao's family has helped LCY to the crown prince. That's why I understand that there is a change between the relationship of LCY and SS on the drama. Even so, I still don't like it.

However, to ep 37, LCY told the GP that SS is his person, "the one who love him" needs to be protected by him. After slapping XF, LCY told GP that "I am the useless Prince. I cannot protect the one I love, I cannot protect the one who love me too" What LCY say here means "the one I love" is XF, "the one who love me" is SS. The image of LCY came to beg the Queen to forgive the SS for showing his helplessness, restraining his power in the Eastern  Palace, showing his anger when he himself could not do what he wanted to do.

Ep 38, when LCY was jealous of GP after GP went out with XF. LCY made an impact on the King to give marriage to GP and the princess. GP told LCY that he already knew this would come, no matter who the marriage would be, he would be 相敬如賓 (this means the marriage couple "treat each other with the same respect as guests") with that person. . LCY said happily, "I don't want to 相敬如賓 with XF, I want the two of us to be deeply in love and love each other." That means LCY only "相敬如賓" with SS, the relationship is respect for each other as for guests. As for XF, LCY wants to give her the deepest love. 

Caption: "以后嘛. 我偏不会对她相敬如宾. 我要与她情深意长 .相爱相亲"

(Rough trans:

Later
I will not respect her like a guest.
I want to be very affectionate with her.
Fall in love)

Perhaps it is a good change in the drama. But LCY 's drama is really greedy, wants to have a Crown Prince position, wants power, wants to have the one love him but also wants to have the one he loves. In the end there was no one left. This scene is probably LCY removing SS because the SS harmed XF. At first, when watching the trailer, I saw LCY crying in this scene, I did not understand. I understand now, that may be the tears for the last respect. 

Sorry for long post & my bad English :sweatingbullets:

indeed it is very difficult to say that LCY is wrong. Maybe he was just a wrong strategy and it was already fate in the kingdom (Love and the Throne very rarely can be together). Perhaps one of the worst mistakes is that LCY did not say love to XF, if only he expressed his love for XF then I thought XF was smart enough to help LCY. They could have pretended to hate outside but were romantic in the room, so LCY didn't need to be too deep in Sese .

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, furu.vu217 said:

After watching 4 ep yesterday, I have some thoughts to share

Reveal hidden contents

I really like LCY's drama. There may be many people who say writers have "whitewashing" LCY or saying LCY, not as cruel and dangerouss as LCY's novel. But in the novel, the character LCY is only through the POV of XF, so it is just a subjective look. The drama actually exploits many aspects of this character and the inner development of the character I find is very reasonable, very practical when put in LCY's position.

But there is one thing I don't like about the LCY character's change in the drama compared to the novel. That is the relationship of LCY with SS. We all know SS is a tool for LCY to take advantage of the throne of the Crown Prince. In the novel, LCY has no affection for SS other than taking advantage of her. But in the drama, apart from LCY taking advantage of SS, LCY really care about SS. The scenes of LCY visiting SS, LCY kneeling to Queen to forgive the SS really made me confused about his feelings for the SS. Is it fake or honest ?

The reason for such a change was because in the novel, the Gao family and Zhao's family colluded on harming LCY's mother, so both of them died by LCY in the end. In the drama, Zhao's family has helped LCY to the crown prince. That's why I understand that there is a change between the relationship of LCY and SS on the drama. Even so, I still don't like it.

However, to ep 37, LCY told the GP that SS is his person, "the one who love him" needs to be protected by him. After slapping XF, LCY told GP that "I am the useless Prince. I cannot protect the one I love, I cannot protect the one who love me too" What LCY say here means "the one I love" is XF, "the one who love me" is SS. The image of LCY came to beg the Queen to forgive the SS for showing his helplessness, restraining his power in the Eastern  Palace, showing his anger when he himself could not do what he wanted to do.

Ep 38, when LCY was jealous of GP after GP went out with XF. LCY made an impact on the King to give marriage to GP and the princess. GP told LCY that he already knew this would come, no matter who the marriage would be, he would be 相敬如賓 (this means the marriage couple "treat each other with the same respect as guests") with that person. . LCY said happily, "I don't want to 相敬如賓 with XF, I want the two of us to be deeply in love and love each other." That means LCY only "相敬如賓" with SS, the relationship is respect for each other as for guests. As for XF, LCY wants to give her the deepest love.

006PWYULly1g126u693xpj32pg1iukjm.jpg

Caption: "以后嘛. 我偏不会对她相敬如宾. 我要与她情深意长 .相爱相亲"

(Rough trans:

Later
I will not respect her like a guest.
I want to be very affectionate with her.
Fall in love)

Perhaps it is a good change in the drama. But LCY 's drama is really greedy, wants to have a Crown Prince position, wants power, wants to have the one love him but also wants to have the one he loves. In the end there was no one left. This scene is probably LCY removing SS because the SS harmed XF. At first, when watching the trailer, I saw LCY crying in this scene, I did not understand. I understand now, that may be the tears for the last respect.

006u55tugy1g12wjfa9pmg30o20aunpf.gif

Sorry for long post & my bad English :sweatingbullets:

Loved your analysis, completely agree with you. I think LCY's character was portrayed really well up till yesterday's update, and I was really disappointed, especially his convo with GP as you have highlighted. As in up till yesterday, I can still empathize with LCY and can relate to why XF can still be drawn to him. 

Based on the latest previews, doesn't look like his character will be any more likable. I'm just hoping its an editing issue. 不然的话,小枫对他的爱也太不值了!:tears:

• Like 3

Golden flower: 

This is my first drama watching a bad guy as a male lead. The guy was very bad.. He kill her grandfather and destroy her Tribe.. I was like wow..

How come he didnt consider the girl feeling? If the guy really love the girl, he shld forgive like the girl said in trailler... I forgive u.. Then the guy din consider he shi friendship too..

Such as sad ending... When i know that the XF really cant take it anymore and take her ownlife.

Ep 10 the XF ask GXW to kill his cousin as her 2nd wish so he can have the feeling of losing but GXW din kill his cousin but after he forgotten 2nd time XF really kill his cousin.. Such a sad sad ending... 

Both guy like same girl. I respect GX (cousin) more as he din want to hurt the girl feeling although he know that he also like her from start.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1

25 minutes ago, dashmount20 said:

Golden flower: 

This is my first drama watching a bad guy as a male lead. The guy was very bad.. He kill her grandfather and destroy her Tribe.. I was like wow..

How come he didnt consider the girl feeling? If the guy really love the girl, he shld forgive like the girl said in trailler... I forgive u.. Then the guy din consider he shi friendship too..

Such as sad ending... When i know that the XF really cant take it anymore and take her ownlife.

Ep 10 the XF ask GXW to kill his cousin as her 2nd wish so he can have the feeling of losing but GXW din kill his cousin but after he forgotten 2nd time XF really kill his cousin.. Such a sad sad ending... 

Both guy like same girl. I respect GX (cousin) more as he din want to hurt the girl feeling although he know that he also like her from start.

Spoiler

That's why I gave permission to General Pei to like XF too. So far G'Pei has take care XF well and has never hurt XF (the G'Pei scene looked at the XF sincerely and to be embarrassed when XF touched him it was very good), even though he also sinned hiding the past of LCY and XF

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Oh my god, i read on weibo & notice they really cut this sweet scene ??? I don't see this in the next preview.

Awwww so angry !!!!! Cut kiss scene, bed scene and now this scene too ??? Are u serious Dong Gong produce team ????

Spoiler

c3ead938gy1g13kk3jzheg20rs0cgx72.gifc3ead938gy1g13kj86tq8g20ci0cikjo.gif

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

3 hours ago, furu.vu217 said:

Oh my god, i read on weibo & notice they really cut this sweet scene ??? I don't see this in the next preview.

Awwww so angry !!!!! Cut kiss scene, bed scene and now this scene too ??? Are u serious Dong Gong produce team ????

What? They gonna cut it out!!! That is my most ancipated main couple sweet scene! 

I want to see it since I found it on the mv of CXX & PXR singing the OST:bawling:

Why editor why?! They show us LCY & Sese sweet scene in the drama & there gonna be upcoming scene of Sese caressing LCY's face but they mess up & cut out our LCY & XF scene?! THE HECKKKK!!!

Seriously editor, WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU THINKING WHILE EDITING THIS DRAMA? ARE YOU DRUNK WHILE DID YOUR JOB?!! WHYYYYYY!!!:bawling:

giphy.gif

Edit: Btw, did you guys see the thing that XF holding in the gif below? To me, it look like tooth necklace that Sese take before! LCY give it back to XF! My God I really want to see this scene!!!:bawling:

c3ead938gy1g13kj86tq8g20ci0cikjo.gif&key

Credit: @furu.vu217

• Sad 2
  • LOL 1

What the hell is wrong with these people?! They film such amazing plot/scenes and then in post-production decide to butcher it all and cut apart! WHY???????? And they do that to nearly all the dramas! Certainly the good ones! :rage: :bawling:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Rouzmary said:

What the hell is wrong with these people?! They film such amazing plot/scenes and then in post-production decide to butcher it all and cut apart! WHY???????? And they do that to nearly all the dramas! Certainly the good ones! :rage: :bawling:

No idea. Our royal couple fighting almost all the times after their 2nd marriage then the editor decide to mess up with the part of their sweet scenes like their ancipated 2nd kiss scene in the drama. While they show us Sese sweet scenes with LCY before & after she become LCY's concubine more. Then there gonna be emotional Sese caressing LCY's face scene after she tried to harm XF and get punished by LCY(?). It drives me crazy.

In this drama, XF is the main female character, LCY legal wife & his true love. The journey of their love story is so interesting, not to mention that the actor, Chen Xing Xue & the actress, Peng Xiao Ran have so much chemistry together in this drama.

But look at what the drama editor did with her scenes with main male character, LCY. They reduced it, mess it up & cut out their scenes. As if their scenes are only small part of this drama is not enough! That really annoyed me so much:rage: I want to know what the heck the editor thinking while editing LCY-XF smh. This is really mess up!

• Sad 1

Hello!! I greatly appreciate the information that you provide in the forum. I always read everything you write but since my language is Spanish, I never write. But I like this drama so much that I make the effort to read in English and even see the images in Mandarin, jajajajjj !!

The drama is wonderful, the photography, the scenarios, the costumes and the enormous chemistry of the main couple.

I try to understand some of Li Cheng Yin's actions, focusing on his goals and locating the story in a time where human life was worth nothing.

The actions of LCY are difficult to understand with our current look and a romantic vision but for the time and place maybe they are adequate. XF would have already died several times if LCY had not acted that way.

I think that if this drama is going to end badly, the producers should give the viewer some beautiful moments of the couple.

The truth is that from what I've seen so far, none of the characters was happy except for a few moments of XF and LCY in the Xi Kingdom.

However, although this life in the Li Empire ends with the death of XF cutting his throat and old LCY, wandering alone through the desert, I CONTINUE MISSING THE THIRD LIFE OF WHICH THE MONK SPOKE IN THE TEMPLE (he said they were going to be entangled by 3 lives). The first was in the Xi Kingdom that ends with both throwing themselves into the river, the second in the Li Empire when XF would cut his throat and old LCY without being able to forget it. AND THE THIRD LIFE WHAT IS IT? I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT THE PRODUCERS FORGET THIS DETAIL.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, gsmith said:

Hello!! I greatly appreciate the information that you provide in the forum. I always read everything you write but since my language is Spanish, I never write. But I like this drama so much that I make the effort to read in English and even see the images in Mandarin, jajajajjj !!

The drama is wonderful, the photography, the scenarios, the costumes and the enormous chemistry of the main couple.

I try to understand some of Li Cheng Yin's actions, focusing on his goals and locating the story in a time where human life was worth nothing.

The actions of LCY are difficult to understand with our current look and a romantic vision but for the time and place maybe they are adequate. XF would have already died several times if LCY had not acted that way.

I think that if this drama is going to end badly, the producers should give the viewer some beautiful moments of the couple.

The truth is that from what I've seen so far, none of the characters was happy except for a few moments of XF and LCY in the Xi Kingdom.

However, although this life in the Li Empire ends with the death of XF cutting his throat and old LCY, wandering alone through the desert, I CONTINUE MISSING THE THIRD LIFE OF WHICH THE MONK SPOKE IN THE TEMPLE (he said they were going to be entangled by 3 lives). The first was in the Xi Kingdom that ends with both throwing themselves into the river, the second in the Li Empire when XF would cut his throat and old LCY without being able to forget it. AND THE THIRD LIFE WHAT IS IT? I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT THE PRODUCERS FORGET THIS DETAIL.

Yes..i'd wondered the same too, 1st life was him being GXW and 2nd life at the Eastern Palace so what's the 3rd?, i kept looking at their MVs and checked its weibo to see if i'd missed something and other than seeing we're near to the end when XF will kill herself and LCY became an old man wandering around the desert and in a river there's nothing on their 3rd lives..as with u, i hope the writers and producers did not forget this bits of detail.

• Insightful 1

1 hour ago, gsmith said:

They even cut out the part of main couple (already little) interactions. So what if they mess up even more with our main couple flow or detail love story? I don't feel schocked or weirded out tbh. 

The editor only love historical/scheming plot of this drama. They added more subplot about fighting for the throne/power & emperor has more detail/scene about his sob love story/harem in this drama<_<

I know that the novel has political/scheming plot but they also has main couple interactions & memorable kiss moments. In the drama they mess up main couple 2nd kiss & their sweet scene. Should put the tittle "Goodbye My Throne/Power" instead of "Goodbye My Princess" if they really love to show us the political plots:expressionless:

• LOL 1

Meant to fall in love but can never be together. 

Monk predicted about 3 lifetime suffering. I think, they have telecasted through only one part

It's not easy to decipher action of LCY, he is such a complex character. To fall in Xiafeng was never an agenda, he just wanted to fake love with her as Sese and use her as a spy to destroy Danchi. But every action has it own result, somewhere Xiafeng triggered the inner deep emotion and her personal attributes that he can't help falling in love with her. But that doesn't mean, he has forgotten his agenda own selfish motive  that killing entire Danchi would lead to this consequences. He did jump into the River of Forgetfullness alongside her wherein the return was so unsure for both of them. The throne without her would hail of no use to him, such an unhealthy  deep obsession. Second lifetime is quite visible and going through preview wherein she cut down her throat. I was wondering what could be third lifetime, can it be they're reborn in modern life and could there be a season 2. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Sorry for my problems with English.
I do not see LCY as a greedy hungry for power. It is not like the second brother. His nature is kind, warm and cheerful. It is entangled in the plots of power to avenge his mother and the extermination of the Gu family. He worries about protecting the people he loves. I understand that for us his actions can be very hard, but they are normal for a person of that time and in his position.
There is no doubt that he is fascinated with Xiao Feng, has fun and enjoys spending time with her. I know he makes her suffer a lot but if he had not done those things to XF she would have already been killed in the Eastern Palace.

Edited by gsmith
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

Hmmm..I normally try not to watch SE/BE...there is enough tragedy in the real world but this story...it would not feel right if they get a HEA in this lifetime...there is no way love or forgiveness can overcome this type of hatred and betrayal the ML inflicts...Eek!  But the recaps and visuals are so stunning and helpful...I will think about watching or not even knowing the end result...Unless script writer and author collab to give fans/viewers a 3rd lifetime in the drama (hey AOL gave us human realm not in novel so why not in this case) that has no vengeance/hatred between the OTP.  Really start over with new lives and a blank storyboard/loveline.  In the meantime camping out at The Legends forum lol (total opposite of GMP)!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

11 hours ago, pad-hari said:

@Andzek I feel u.  I don't know if I have to press like/funny/ sad/love button for ur posts.:grin:

Many historical dramas happen too be like this sometimes even though actually they have good original sources like novels as references or they started with good flow or pace at the beginning. Then when the productions team realizes they didn't have enough episodes to shove it scenes or subplot/additional plot that they created, they started to do most brilliant/genius decision as a well known romance drama production, that is cut out/mess up the important/beautiful/great scenes between the main couple in the drama. 

Maybe their discussions were like this:

Editor: The political/side characters/villains scenes in this drama were not detailed or clearly explained to the viewer. We should add more scenes about it for their better understanding.

Other staff that is involved: But if we did that, we won't have enough screen times to show it in the drama.

Editor: So let us cut out/shorten the unnecessary scenes then.

Other staff that is involved: Which are?

Editor: Well, the main couple interactions scenes, of course! Whether the scenes are important for viewer's understanding of main couple romance plot flow or main couple reactions towards each other, just cut out/shorten it. Let replace them with the political/side characters/villain scenes. Our viewer's gonna be pleased & so happy with our decisions.

Other staff: You are brilliant, let do as what you suggested. 

:expressionless::expressionless::expressionless:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

My ideal ending would be: XF dies with the sword of A`Du in this second life, LCY dies old after having paid his faults, remembering the rest of his life to XF and without being able to have her by his side, and a third life when they meet again without painful stories and cross the prairies of the Xi Kingdom together haha !!

Edited by gsmith
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1

7 hours ago, Dramaaddict1 said:

Meant to fall in love but can never be together. 

Monk predicted about 3 lifetime suffering. I think, they have telecasted through only one part

It's not easy to decipher action of LCY, he is such a complex character. To fall in Xiafeng was never an agenda, he just wanted to fake love with her as Sese and use her as a spy to destroy Danchi. But every action has it own result, somewhere Xiafeng triggered the inner deep emotion and her personal attributes that he can't help falling in love with her. But that doesn't mean, he has forgotten his agenda own selfish motive  that killing entire Danchi would lead to this consequences. He did jump into the River of Forgetfullness alongside her wherein the return was so unsure for both of them. The throne without her would hail of no use to him, such an unhealthy  deep obsession. Second lifetime is quite visible and going through preview wherein she cut down her throat. I was wondering what could be third lifetime, can it be they're reborn in modern life and could there be a season 2. 

oh no 3 lifetime of suffering together??? Then we shall not be getting a HEA...so tragic, so sad! 

• Like 2