[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Goodbye My Princess 东宫

0ly40

lululala I have seen episodes 33-36, although they did not understand what they were talking about (no engsub). I like the many sweet interactions of XF and LCY, LCY uses a lot of tricks to get close to XF. But LCY and Sese's romantic attitude make me disgusted . Instead of being jealous, XF seems to think pity because LCY and Sese's love is blocked by her. At the end of Ep 36, I can't accept LCY's attitude. How can he slap XF in front of Pei and the Waiter. I know he pretends to hate  XF to protect her from enemies, but that's too much. Smart girl, XF slapped her husband back. If I become XF, after being slapped I will walk to find a stone and hit the stone to LCY's head so that his memory returns ^^v

I feel LCY is a little careless, or he doesn't ask for advice from the right people to protect XF. LCY began to harvest the seeds from which he planted. First, LCY ordered General Pei to protect and supervise the XF, but it turned out to be a rumor for Sese's servant that XF and Pei were caught up in romance. LCY was very upset and jealous (a scene of funny jealousy repeated). Second, LCY's fake love for Sese has made Sese obsessed and evil to get rid of every woman approached by LCY including XF. LCY's protection is as useless, he intends to keep XF away from lions (LCY's enemies) but bring it closer to the wolf (Sese) - _-

• Like 3
  • Love 1

@Andzek @enigmatic_zephy 

I’m not sure the scene below is after LCY was stabbed by assassin in covering for XF. The leads have a few “fight on the bed” scenes. 

a265a789ly1g0z46393o4g20eu08c4qp.gif

From the preview, the writers might have separated LCY getting really drunk and then being sick into two separate events happened at different times. The drunken state happened in ep 39 (but before getting stabbed) later than he being sick in ep 37. So, may be this scene is one of those fight scenes on the bed before getting stabbed. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Golden Flower said:

@Andzek @enigmatic_zephy 

I’m not sure the scene below is after LCY was stabbed by assassin in covering for XF. The leads have a few “fight on the bed” scenes. 

From the preview, the writers might have separated LCY getting really drunk and then being sick into two separate events happened at different times. The drunken state happened in ep 39 (but before getting stabbed) later than he being sick in ep 37. So, may be this scene is one of those fight scenes on the bed before getting stabbed. 

The drunk scene is when LCY and XF were locked in a room by Grandma to make consummation (Grama give LCY aphrodisiacs lol ) It and LCY's illness were two separate scenes in the novel.

There will be 3 “fight on the bed” scenes. 

1st when LCY's sick. 

Spoiler

931847b9ly1g0z5wbhc91g20eu08c1kx.gif931847b9ly1g0z5wc9olvg20eu08c7wh.gif0076x0Raly1g0zr39354tg30lr0sau14.gif

2nd when the drunk scene. Your gif is this scene.

Spoiler

0076x0Raly1g0zr3i7j1mg30lr0saqvl.gifa265a789ly1g0z46393o4g20eu08c4qp.gif&key

3rd when LCY's stabbed by assassin

Spoiler

0067gTKTly1g0zthecexrj3112314dz4.jpg

It's all my guesses based on reading novels. I actually read that book a long time ago, so I'm not sure I remember it correctly.. If something goes wrong, please forgive me.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, pad-hari said:

We are in for a treat this Thursday:tounge_wink::kiss_wink:

Awww, all the bed scene compilations, yessss!!!! Here we go before the angst starts!!!!!!!!!

BTW, is it Sese's work to send an assassin to kill our XF??

In the novel

Spoiler

All are LCY's plans.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, churasan said:

I couldn't wait for Viki, so I watched the latest eps. unsubbed.  

For those who are watching unsubbed episodes or know the storyline, I wanted to know if LCY is jealous of General Pei?  Or is it just me misunderstanding because there are no subs...

For example, at the end of ep 33...

Reveal hidden contents

It seems the maids were gossiping of General Pei and XF.  What were they saying?

When the Eunuch told LCY what he heard, LCY got really mad - even the Eunuch was scared.  What were they saying about XF and General Pei?

Also, do you think the drama (not the novel) is trying to emphasize that General Pei has feelings for XF?  I thought it was really cute when XF made him that bracelet, and when LCY saw it, General Pei hid it behind his back.  Was he afraid LCY was going to take it (like he tried with Luoxi's handkerchief?)  And then, it was funny when General Pei wore it in front of GJ.  Almost like he wanted to show it off in front of GJ.  Or was he just messing with GJ since he knows that GJ likes XF?

And what a cliffhanger at the end of ep 36...

Reveal hidden contents

Why did LCY slap XF?  What exactly did she do to make him mad?  It looked like she was trying to help him in front of the queen and pleading on Sese's behalf...

I'm so confused... If someone could shed some light, that would be most helpful. Thanks!

I've been so hooked and invested in this drama its driving me crazy with stunning leads, great acting and good storyline. I've read the novel before and speak mandarin, hope this can help shed some light!

On 1

Spoiler

I would not say that he is insanely jealous of General Pei because he knew that General Pei was someone who would never dare cross the line of servant/master. He was more worried that XF would warm up to General Pei more than him, and this gives him discomfort. In the preview for Thursday, he mentioned this to XF and said that she should stay away from General Pei to which XF replied that she has nothing to hide. LCY said of course there's nothing, General Pei would never cross the boundaries.

On the cliffhanger at the end of epi 36

Spoiler

This should be interpreted with the earlier scenes. Prime Minister Gao is already wary of LCY. He can already sense that LCY is not someone simple nor easy to control and that he is very worried that if LCY loves XF and joins forces with XF (whose family command significant influence over the western territories), the Gao family will be affected. He also mentioned that SeSe should be dealt with. In General Gao's mind, XF is a bigger threat than SeSe because of her family background. SeSe is just a nuisance to deal with since she is affiliated with the Zhao family.

So when the queen summoned LCY and XF, the queens maid actually read out the testimony implying that XF was the one who poisoned the pregnant maid. XF tried to defend herself but being such a simple minded girl, all she could say was "It wasn't me". If LCY had stood up for XF, the queen could have just said that it was XF who instructed the maid to poison. So it was really a huge test for LCY to see who really mattered to him. LCY saw through the bluff and acted as if it didn't matter to him. This made the queen think that LCY did not care for XF and makes XF less of a threat (but actually LCY was really just deflecting the threat from XF). In fact, LCY even said the XF should be punished like any other people with no leniency. However, when the queen revealed the grand mastermind to be SeSe, the crown prince acted very worried and kept pleading with the queen, giving a false pretense that he loves SeSe much more than XF. That's why the queen hates SeSe even more.

The last scene of him slapping XF is really just to show everyone that he really hates XF for supposedly wickedly manipulating the situation into her own advantage, when in fact he was just shielding her from the queen and the Gao family.

There's been many debate on Weibo saying how LCY could have done things differently and how everyone has a love-hate relationship with LCY. If LCY had been kinder to XF, she would have been the first on the chopping board given her simple nature. What I can say is that they met each other at an unfortunate period and circumstances.... 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, furu.vu217 said:

I want to explain it to you clearly but my English is limited. So I'll talk a little bit, hoping to help you.

Reveal hidden contents

The maids talked about the close relationship between XF and GP. They asked SE (LCY's personal attendant) if XF and GP had known each other since Western State. SE told LCY again and he was angry. He is jealous but only that, because he knows GP is very loyal to him. Ep 34 he came and said he wanted to sleep with XF. LCY asked he is her husband, he has children with other but why XF is not angry. LCY angry in this situation is so cute.

In the novel, the author also implies that GP has a crush for XF, so like the drama.

LCY slapped XF because Xu Niang miscarriage. The queen plotted to blame Se Se. LCY slapped XF because he thought  she done this but wanted to blame Se Se. It's his acting to protect XF.

New preview Ep 37-40 is out

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/HkxFUuoni?fid=1034:4348958630468728

Thanks so much for your explanation.  I really appreciate your help - especially for us viewers in the "no sub" club.  :D

The next episodes look much happier for our couple.  Looking forward to the calm before the storm.

I really like XF's character.  She is really kind and considerate.  Despite how LCY treats her, she tries not to interfere with LCY and Sese believing that they truly love each other.  However, after she regains her memory, does she still stay that way?  Or will she be more revengeful?  Sometimes, I want XF to toughen up so she won't be betrayed again, but at the same time, I like her innocent character.

1 hour ago, furu.vu217 said:

In the novel

Reveal hidden contents

All are LCY's plans.

Please tell me that LCY did not do this to make XF fall in love with him.  I really want to ship LCY and XF, but LCY's schemes are making it really hard for me to do so. Even when he tries to protect XF, he's scheming.   Is there another reason why he planned this attempt?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, nuttyz said:

I've been so hooked and invested in this drama its driving me crazy with stunning leads, great acting and good storyline. I've read the novel before and speak mandarin, hope this can help shed some light!

On 1

Reveal hidden contents

I would not say that he is insanely jealous of General Pei because he knew that General Pei was someone who would never dare cross the line of servant/master. He was more worried that XF would warm up to General Pei more than him, and this gives him discomfort. In the preview for Thursday, he mentioned this to XF and said that she should stay away from General Pei to which XF replied that she has nothing to hide. LCY said of course there's nothing, General Pei would never cross the boundaries.

On the cliffhanger at the end of epi 36

Reveal hidden contents

This should be interpreted with the earlier scenes. Prime Minister Gao is already wary of LCY. He can already sense that LCY is not someone simple nor easy to control and that he is very worried that if LCY loves XF and joins forces with XF (whose family command significant influence over the western territories), the Gao family will be affected. He also mentioned that SeSe should be dealt with. In General Gao's mind, XF is a bigger threat than SeSe because of her family background. SeSe is just a nuisance to deal with since she is affiliated with the Zhao family.

So when the queen summoned LCY and XF, the queens maid actually read out the testimony implying that XF was the one who poisoned the pregnant maid. XF tried to defend herself but being such a simple minded girl, all she could say was "It wasn't me". If LCY had stood up for XF, the queen could have just said that it was XF who instructed the maid to poison. So it was really a huge test for LCY to see who really mattered to him. LCY saw through the bluff and acted as if it didn't matter to him. This made the queen think that LCY did not care for XF and makes XF less of a threat (but actually LCY was really just deflecting the threat from XF). In fact, LCY even said the XF should be punished like any other people with no leniency. However, when the queen revealed the grand mastermind to be SeSe, the crown prince acted very worried and kept pleading with the queen, giving a false pretense that he loves SeSe much more than XF. That's why the queen hates SeSe even more.

The last scene of him slapping XF is really just to show everyone that he really hates XF for supposedly wickedly manipulating the situation into her own advantage, when in fact he was just shielding her from the queen and the Gao family.

There's been many debate on Weibo saying how LCY could have done things differently and how everyone has a love-hate relationship with LCY. If LCY had been kinder to XF, she would have been the first on the chopping board given her simple nature. What I can say is that they met each other at an unfortunate period and circumstances.... 

Wow... such a complicated situation!  I think if LCY just let XF on his plans, maybe misunderstandings could have been prevented.  

But, if he wanted to show people that he loves SeSe more than XF, why does he eventually spend the night with XF?  (It looks like on multiple occasions in the next TV episodes)?  

Does he spend time with her because it is ordered by the empress or because he actually wants her to like him (before she likes anyone else)?  It seems he was putting so much effort in distancing himself from XF, but now all of a sudden he is staying over at her palace.

I really love all the twists in this storyline!  Such a roller coaster ride!

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, churasan said:

Thanks so much for your explanation.  I really appreciate your help - especially for us viewers in the "no sub" club.  :D

The next episodes look much happier for our couple.  Looking forward to the calm before the storm.

I really like XF's character.  She is really kind and considerate.  Despite how LCY treats her, she tries not to interfere with LCY and Sese believing that they truly love each other.  However, after she regains her memory, does she still stay that way?  Or will she be more revengeful?  Sometimes, I want XF to toughen up so she won't be betrayed again, but at the same time, I like her innocent character.

Please tell me that LCY did not do this to make XF fall in love with him.  I really want to ship LCY and XF, but LCY's schemes are making it really hard for me to do so. Even when he tries to protect XF, he's scheming.   Is there another reason why he planned this attempt?

I also like the XF character. When she remembers, she hates LCY but she also loves him. Before escaping, she had the opportunity to kill LCY but in the end she couldn't do it and decided to leave.

LCY does so for the purpose of eliminating the Empress. Details, please wait and see the drama ^^

49 minutes ago, churasan said:

Wow... such a complicated situation!  I think if LCY just let XF on his plans, maybe misunderstandings could have been prevented.  

But, if he wanted to show people that he loves SeSe more than XF, why does he eventually spend the night with XF?  (It looks like on multiple occasions in the next TV episodes)?  

Does he spend time with her because it is ordered by the empress or because he actually wants her to like him (before she likes anyone else)?  It seems he was putting so much effort in distancing himself from XF, but now all of a sudden he is staying over at her palace.

I really love all the twists in this storyline!  Such a roller coaster ride!

Because he was jealous of GP after hearing SE talk about the maid's gossip. Also, people think because he and Se Se are angry at each other so he has a reason to go there with her.

• Like 3

The drunk scene is when LCY and XF were locked in a room by Grandma to make consummation (Grama give LCY aphrodisiacs lol ) It and LCY's illness were two separate scenes in the novel.

1st when LCY's sick.

2nd when the drunk scene. Your gif is this scene.

In the novel, LCY got sick after getting drunk 3-4 days in a row since Sisi was demoted and house-arrested for three months. However, it was shown he got sick in preview ep 37. His eunuch SE, asking XF to visit LCY to stop him drinking as he was drinking non-stop after coming back from empress palace, happened in later part of ep 39 preview. That’s why I said the drama created two events from one event in the novel. 

I don’t consider the scene where LCY and XF were locked up and LCY was given aphrodisiac in soup as drunk scene. He was just hot being given spring drug, not drunk.  It is shown in beginning of preview ep 39. 

I’m not sure whether there will be another “bed fight scene” when XF visit drunken LCY. However, it was mentioned separately from sick scene, locked up in room scene and stabbed scene. 

The gif scene people on youtube are critiquing for making serious scene become funny is definitely NOT LCY’s recovery scene after being stabbed by assassin. I guess we will see it is “aphrodisiac locked-up scene” or not on Thursday :P

@pad-hari @churasan The assassination attempt is for LCY not for XF. It happened that XF was in LCY’s room. The assassins and LCY were fighting, XF got in the way, he pushed her away and he got stabbed.

Spoiler

Actually, in the novel, XF went to LCY room late at night to take revenge on him for making her laughing stock in front of palace maids (in her mind) by kissing her lips swollen when he was sick. The drama might change her reason of visiting his room since sick scene and getting stabbed scene are many episodes apart. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

1st when LCY's sick. 

2nd when the drunk scene. 

Aww it seem there are great OTP moment in eps 37-40.

From XF takes care of LCY coz he get sick then he tricked her to kiss him to the drugged scene & she takes care of him again after he was stabbed.

But my heart also can't help but aching when realise what will happen to their relationship in the later episodes when XF regained her full memory:cry:

Her memory is like a time bomb, waiting its time to exploded & forced them to facing the ugly truth:dissapointed_relieved:

So let's us savor their sweet moments together as much as we can coz the heartbreak is just around the corner:heartbreak:

Moment that started everything between them

Fated to Love, Destinied to Part:bawling:

img-03d5ea0f9203e6092eb2f8d7c2f29e05.jpg

Credit to the owner

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Spoiler
36 minutes ago, Golden Flower said:

In the novel, LCY got sick after getting drunk 3-4 days in a row since Sisi was demoted and house-arrested for three months. However, it was shown he got sick in preview ep 37. His eunuch SE, asking XF to visit LCY to stop him drinking as he was drinking non-stop after coming back from empress palace, happened in later part of ep 39 preview. That’s why I said the drama created two events from one event in the novel. 

I don’t consider the scene where LCY and XF were locked up and LCY was given aphrodisiac in soup as drunk scene. He was just hot being given spring drug, not drunk.  It is shown in beginning of preview ep 39. 

I’m not sure whether there will be another “bed fight scene” when XF visit drunken LCY. However, it was mentioned separately from sick scene, locked up in room scene and stabbed scene. 

The gif scene people on youtube are critiquing for making serious scene become funny is definitely NOT LCY’s recovery scene after being stabbed by assassin. I guess we will see it is “aphrodisiac locked-up scene” or not on Thursday :P

@pad-hari @churasan The assassination attempt is for LCY not for XF. It happened that XF was in LCY’s room. The assassins and LCY were fighting, XF got in the way, he pushed her away and he got stabbed.

Hide contents

Actually, in the novel, XF went to LCY room late at night to take revenge on him for making her laughing stock in front of palace maids (in her mind) by kissing her lips swollen when he was sick. The drama might change her reason of visiting his room since sick scene and getting stabbed scene are many episodes apart.  

Hoel, his fake love for Sese 'seems so real. Maybe Sese and many courtiers will be amazed and don't doubt LCY's love. But I think LCY is drunk for 3-4 days because he feels guilty of slapping XF, more hurts XF slaps LCY back and insults LCY that he is the type of man who is hated by all women in the country xi dan no exception XF (it's like a declaration that XF isn't love LCY and hate him very much) hahahha. Even G'Pei looked surprised when the XF boldly said all that ^^

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Spoiler
23 minutes ago, Andzek said:

Aww it seem there are great OTP moment in eps 37-40.

From XF takes care of LCY coz he get sick then he tricked her to kiss him to the drugged scene & she takes care of him again after he was stabbed.

But my heart also can't help but aching when realise what will happen to their relationship in the later episodes when XF regained her full memory:cry:

Her memory is like a time bomb, waiting its time to exploded & forced them to facing the ugly truth:dissapointed_relieved:

So let's us savor their sweet moments together as much as we can coz the heartbreak is just around the corner

Moment that started everything between them

Fated to Love, Destinied to Part:bawling:

I think so too, maybe after ep 45 we will escape from the tissue to wipe away the tears. I read the process of returning XF's memories so painful, starting from her disappointment at seeing LCY who had a wonderful time with Sese when she was kidnapped to suffer from fever and her memories returned. After that maybe we will only see the cold XF at LCY, and LCY who becomes arrogant because he thinks GJ is GXW, it will only have tears and tears waiting for LCY's regret for all his actions

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Golden Flower said:

@Andzek @enigmatic_zephy 

This in all probability is the grandmother forcing them together in a room with him on aphrodisiac scene..this scene in particular is the last scene wherein he feigns ill health and she screams for help so that the doors will be opened and they will be let out.. 

this whole phase of being locked up and him being fed aphrodisiac is soo awesome and funny , while she is trying to remind him that he needs to "Save" himself for sese because he loves her .. and he is like .. no you are my wife.. i don't need to save myself for sese

and previews confirm that is the storyline in the first episodes atleast.. it will end with assassination plot and XF realizing that ultimately she loves him and doesn't want him to die

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, clarisa angeline said:

Can someone please tell me the detail why did xiaowu attacked danchi and killed xf’s grandpa? I really dont get it. Wasnt it the queen from the central and the prime minister from the central that caused gu family’s problem? 

The Li empire and Danchi had had an uneasy relationship for decades and this time the emperor decided to use the crown prince's assassination and the set up that Danchi did it as an excuse to finally get rid of Danchi.

And the "glory" of the prince who brings down Danchi would help the prince then become the next crown prince since he gained merit by killing Danchi's king.

So this time it had nothing to do with the empress & Gao family but simply due to politics/war/interest between Danchi & Li.

That's why Chengyin/Xiaowu had to be the one to kill Xiaofeng's grandpa, so that he would have a better chance to become the crown prince.

Obviously Chengyin didn't expect to become grandpa's in-law and even when he did, he still had tried so that when he does kill him, Xiaofeng wouldn't be there to see it buuuuuuut as we know, it failed completely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just For Fun:P  

Tittle: Xiao Feng's Dilemma

Li Cheng Yin: 

Come over here, my sweet wife. Let us have some romantic moments together. (give her sexy eyes)

0076x0Raly1g0zr3i7j1mg30lr0saqvl.gif&key

Xiao Feng: 

(thinking in her head) Should I go and slaps him or should I go and make out with him?

credit gif to @furu.vu217

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1