[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Goodbye My Princess 东宫

0ly40

So, my English subs are till at epi 20 and I'm curious if there ever was any undercurrents of romantic  bromance between Li Yan and the Crown Prince? I've had this weird feeling that they care too much for each other to be just cousin bros. 

Anyway, I've been reading a lot of the spoilers and I know that this won't ever end happily but I still look forward to finishing this drama. I think I prefer that I watch this with my eyes open (figuratively and literally) knowing that tragedy awaits the OTP. Should I even call them the OTP? Oh well, onwards!!

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

They are fated to meet  up, they are fated to in love, they are fated to be husband and wife but they are not fated to be forever... 

just finish ep 28 RAW!! lol .. i can tell that he really cares for Xiao Feng even though he treat her badly... why he is marrying Se Se? i tot he only marry Xiao Feng? OMG!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, visiopeia said:

They are fated to meet  up, they are fated to in love, they are fated to be husband and wife but they are not fated to be forever... 

just finish ep 28 RAW!! lol .. i can tell that he really cares for Xiao Feng even though he treat her badly... why he is marrying Se Se? i tot he only marry Xiao Feng? OMG!

Yeah he cares for XF. His subtle ways of showing he cares for XF are the only things that make me continue watching the show lol

I think he married Sese because he is using her and he needs to continue making it seem like he cares for her even though he doesnt.

• Like 3

does anyone aware or thinking like me that the female costumes of this series are more like Japanese or Korean costumes than traditional Chinese costumes?

especially the queen of the Li dynasty, not only costumes , even makeup on her face like ancient Japanese people.
I wonder this is an ancient Chinese drama why should the female casts must wear the costumes like Japanese or Korean for this drama?

16 hours ago, XxchinesedramacrazexX said:

Oh my god...I am going to cry buckets of tears. I dont want no palace maid....  I hate this drama and its plot as much as I love it. The struggle is too real

I"m like you... I don't like when dramas turn into harem battle dramas.  At first I didn't think SeSe was so bad, but now she's getting petty.  I guess I welcome the palace maid if it makes SeSe mad.  Hopefully, when the palace maid comes in, XF won't be completely in love with LCY yet and it won't affect her as much...  XF can just let SeSe and the palace maid battle it out.

7 hours ago, ElleSor said:

So, my English subs are till at epi 20 and I'm curious if there ever was any undercurrents of romantic  bromance between Li Yan and the Crown Prince? I've had this weird feeling that they care too much for each other to be just cousin bros. 

Anyway, I've been reading a lot of the spoilers and I know that this won't ever end happily but I still look forward to finishing this drama. I think I prefer that I watch this with my eyes open (figuratively and literally) knowing that tragedy awaits the OTP. Should I even call them the OTP? Oh well, onwards!!

I got the same vibes from Li Yan and the crown prince too... 

For me, I've never cared whether the ending of a drama was happy or sad.  I always focused more on the progression of the story rather than the end game.  If the story gets boring or draggy, I end up dropping the drama and the ending won't matter anyways.  But, if this drama is a tragedy, then I hope it gives me a good cry.  That can be a therapeutic way to get rid of stress.

Based on the spoilers, I feel this storyline is going to be a wild up and down emotional roller coaster! I looking forward to the ride!

• Like 3

On 3/1/2019 at 6:27 PM, Rouzmary said:

It most definitely will be tragic, probably, if they stick to novel.

As for the 2 endings - I had also heard of it. One will  follow the novel with it's tragic one, but the other one...really can't think of how that will be, hard to imagine it being happy with all the betrayal Chengyin has done to Xiaofeng ...unless they both forget everything again and go live somewhere far away? lolz

Still hoping for a good ending though.

If they will make an alternate one, please make it a HE. Will miracle hands make it? Hope so.. still rooting for the otp...

Am I the only one?

I binged watch till ep28Raw.. My Heart..

I love how they argue.. its really normal for newlyweds to be like that. The wedding is so grand. The subtle love and care by LCY to XF.. my God keeps me going...  i love my otp still.. 

• Like 3

@chengdy it will never be a HE.  We cannot expect a HE coz of OTP are visually super good and have excellent chemistry.  From story POV how can we expect  a woman live happily ever after with a man who had massacared her family and loved ones and keep on using her innocence to his advantage for his revenge and becoming powerful.  If there is a HE it will be really weird.  Already c-dramas are wierd with mostly sad ending or open endings where they can give a HE.  But in this case they have to give a SE, but a HE will be ........:thumbsdown:

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

@chengdy it will never be a HE.  We cannot expect a HE coz of OTP are visually super good and have excellent chemistry.  From story POV how can we expect  a woman live happily ever after with a man who had massacared her family and loved ones and keep on using her innocence to his advantage for his revenge and becoming powerful.  If there is a HE it will be really weird.  Already c-dramas are wierd with mostly sad ending or open endings where they can give a HE.  But in this case they have to give a SE, but a HE will be ........:thumbsdown:

I'm agree with u. I can't accept the HE for this drama too after all LCY do to XF family. Even LCY really love XF or not, because he shouln't killed and betrayed her family if he really love her. Like last i said i prefer he gentle war than must pretended closer with her family and then betrayed them and the bad wrong who killed his brother is not danchi....

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ElleSor said:

so I'm not the only one who got a tad weird vibe at times with those cousins...XD

• LOL 2

5 hours ago, pad-hari said:

BTS

:joy::joy:

cr:uploader

omg, the second one is hilarious! how do they know to add the perfect background music to these BTS? :joy:

I think when all the drama is over and we've cried our buckets of tears, these BTS will mend our hearts

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

9 hours ago, lovecarnation said:

does anyone aware or thinking like me that the female costumes of this series are more like Japanese or Korean costumes than traditional Chinese costumes?

especially the queen of the Li dynasty, not only costumes , even makeup on her face like ancient Japanese people.
I wonder this is an ancient Chinese drama why should the female casts must wear the costumes like Japanese or Korean for this drama?

The FL and the queen costumes are actually from Chinese Tang Dynasty era. During that period they were very progress in their clothing and makeup. Show lots of cleveage and makeup were very different. If you google Tang Dynasty clothing and makeup then you will get your answer. Also, remember during that era Japanese was largely influenced by China.

I hope I answered or at least clarified some of questions for you. :-)

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

Omg, they r so cute!!:kiss_wink: can somebody translate what they r saying?

Cr: uploader.

@transki none of the above videos are available for viewing.:tired:.  but I got another one

I don't understand a word but I am getting bad vibes from LCY acting towards XF.  Is he trying to seduce her somehow to make love with her by doing that crab thingy?  And in the first scene with general pei, the bgm when he talks to follow XF for keeping tabs on her, is giving me chills.  Can somebody clarify?*sad face*

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Omg, they r so cute!!:kiss_wink: can somebody translate what they r saying?

Cr: uploader.

@transki none of the above videos are available for viewing.:tired:.  but I got another one

I don't understand a word but I am getting bad vibes from LCY acting towards XF.  Is he trying to seduce her somehow to make love with her by doing that crab thingy?  And in the first scene with general pei, the bgm when he talks to follow XF for keeping tabs on her, is giving me chills.  Can somebody clarify?*sad face*

nahh I don't think he is trying to seduce her for that purpose. I think he is just doing those things because he cares about her lool unless I'm totally off which I'm hoping I'm not

• Like 2

9 hours ago, vlvl1 said:

The FL and the queen costumes are actually from Chinese Tang Dynasty era. During that period they were very progress in their clothing and makeup. Show lots of cleveage and makeup were very different. If you google Tang Dynasty clothing and makeup then you will get your answer. Also, remember during that era Japanese was largely influenced by China.

I hope I answered or at least clarified some of questions for you. :-) 

Thank you for your answer,  I don't know whether Japan's era influenced China, but I have heard a story in childhood when Japanese people were actually originally from China, they were a group of people sent by the king of the Qin dynasty to look for drugs that could live forever (cangshenbulao yao) and the group of people who went and did not come back again and stood up to be Japanese, this is a childhood story I have heard before, don't know if you have heard before?

• Insightful 1

Quick bullet points of what happened in episodes 26 & 27 for those of you waiting on subs!

Spoiler

- Xiao Feng doesn't let Li Cheng Yin near him on their wedding night (girlfriend is literally wielding a knife), so he decides to leave her alone and go to Se Se's place instead. Se Se technically marries him on the same day, but the queen makes sure that everyone is only at the official crown prince / crown princess wedding to ensure Se Se "knows her place" 

- Xiao Feng catches a bad cold because she spends the night wandering outside. The queen punishes Se Se since she shouldn't have let the prince stay with her, and Li Cheng Yin pretends to be mad at Xiao Feng because of that

- We learn that Li Cheng Yin is putting on a very intentional act of being a simple crown prince who's only concerned with his concubine and can be easily controlled. He's setting things up so that he can eventually topple the queen and her.. uncle, I think? (The old dude with the cane whose neck is always stiff and tilted, I think his name is chancellor Gao) 

- Li Cheng Yin gets General Pei to do a bunch of nice things for Xiao Feng, like get her medicine secretly (publicly, Li Cheng Yin declared that Xiao Feng can't get treated by the royal doctor because she got Se Se into trouble-- but that's a front), and show her the memorial he set up for her grandfather

- The King and chancellor Gao don't quite believe that Li Cheng Yin is as simple as he seems. The main thing that bugs chancellor Gao is what Li Ch- eng Yin managed to do in Danchi / Western Liang, which suggests he's very capable or he's got someone very capable behind the scenes working for him 

- Xiao Feng is touched by how Gu Jian takes care of her when she's sick (sneaking in food and drink), so she offers to become brother and sister in name. He rejects her and instead suggests that he be her Shi Fu.. so they're back where they started! Just with a lot more hidden angst. 

There was a quick flash back to Xiao Feng and her grandfather's parting moments, and it reminded me of how much I loved that actor in this role! He had the perfect presence, look and voice to play the leader of the Danchi tribe. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4