[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Goodbye My Princess 东宫

0ly40

So i've read a few translated excerpts of the novel a couple of yrs ago that's got me 'peaked' so out of curiosity i started watching eventho knowing full well it's gonna have a sad ending and altho i can handle a few tear-jerking moments, i'm hoping it will hold me to the end.  The first 3 epis started off well so far and the acting is pretty decent too.

• Like 2

On 2/14/2019 at 10:39 PM, RPM said:

Drama premiere 14 Feb, 2019 @0ly40

Officially available on youtube. 

(It may not be available in some countries but by using VPN app you can watch it )

Thanks. I'll update it.

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do Not Quote Vids
  • Thanks 3

They will jump in the river of forgetfulness by epi 10??

They are going to drag it to death, aren't they? I don't think there's enough content for rest 45 episodes after that......The book has only 42 chapters and one epilogue, I think.

33 episodes was the perfect length for this story. Now with 55 epis, Xiao feng will be crying forthe last 20-25 epis at least.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

2 hours ago, dito said:

They will jump in the river of forgetfulness by epi 10??

They are going to drag it to death, aren't they? I don't think there's enough content for rest 45 episodes after that......The book has only 42 chapters and one epilogue, I think.

33 episodes was the perfect length for this story. Now with 55 epis, Xiao feng will be crying forthe last 20-25 epis at least.

I agree with you. 33 was the right length bez lately cdramas r going 55+ which is way too many eps. Making it dragging and boring which making a good story not good. In the past was 30 - 40 eps was good enough. Pity but I love the pacing of the drama right now. 

Also, someone mention they saw the first 8 eps. Can you tell which to watch those eps, please? Thx

• Like 4

East%2043.jpg~original

44 minutes ago, vlvl1 said:

I agree with you. 33 was the right length bez lately cdramas r going 55+ which is way too many eps. Making it dragging and boring which making a good story not good. In the past was 30 - 40 eps was good enough. Pity but I love the pacing of the drama right now. 

Also, someone mention they saw the first 8 eps. Can you tell which to watch those eps, please? Thx

Members of Youku can watch 8 epis in advance for it's premiere viewing and then 4 epis every mondays and thursdays.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I thought the male lead looked familiar, it turned out he played Yang Kang in the recent adaptation Legend of Condor Heroes. I don’t like Yang kang so i have minimal memories for his performance in LOCH, is he okay in this drama?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 12blbl said:

I thought the male lead looked familiar, it turned out he played Yang Kang in the recent adaptation Legend of Condor Heroes. I don’t like Yang kang so i have minimal memories for his performance in LOCH, is he okay in this drama?

Yes, his performance was good bez he was the only one got recognized for his good performance. Also, I thought he was able to bring the complexity of the character. I just watched eps 7 and u can tell how guilty he feels toward XF. I thought how cute and innocent it’s start but I keep telling myself to prepare. But, they r so cute together. :bawling:

• Like 4

Anyone who have read the novel, could you please spoil it? I really want to know what happens...

Spoiler

Looks like both are going to have amnesia... wonder who is going to remember first... overall, I want to know what happens so I can prepare for this heartbreak. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1