Details:

• Type: historic  drama

• Episodes: 30

• Aired: Feb/14/2019

• Aired On: 

• Network: 

• Duration: 

Plot:

The current working title is Goodbye My Princess  and it is based on the 2010 novel by Fei Wo Si Cun that tells a story of a princess from a foreign land who has to marry the crown prince for political reasons. It sounds like a lot of hijinks off the bat between two people stuck with each other through a stroke of destiny, but between the title and the author's track record for tragic romance, I firmly believe that we're in for a world of pain. 

The conceptual posters depict the two leads falling into a river between the living and the dead and it talks of forgetting love (amnesia?). I feel like this is a production that should have quite the hype because of its existing fanbase, so it's interesting that they're going with two relatively new actors. Peng Xiao Zhou who is better known asFan Bing Bing's prodigy headlines as the main lead after a supporting role in Win the World while Chen Xing Xuwho played Yang Kang in Legend of the Condor Heroes plays her leading man. 

Cast:

Xiaoran Peng

Xingxu Chen

source: dramapanda

trailer:

• Thanks 2

news:

Drama adaption of Eastern Palace confirms cast

Posted on 08/10/2017 by XDramasX

61e7f8b0ly1fiedrptm5sj20hl0qen3d.jpg

The drama adaption of Feiwo Sicun’s tragic romance novel Eastern Palace is titled Goodbye My Princess 东宫, and has cast Peng Xiaoran (The Mystic Nine) and Chen Xingxu (Legend of the Condor Heroes 2016) as the leads.

Peng Xiaoran plays Xiaofeng, the beloved ninth princess of Western Liang, who enters into a political marriage with Li Chengyin, the crown prince of the Tang Dynasty, played by Chen Xingxu. The latter has his own favourite concubine, and only agreed to this loveless marriage to secure his position as heir to the throne.

It is later revealed that Xiaofeng had met Li Chengyin under the alias of Gu Xiaowu three years ago. He was on a secretive mission to conquer the western kingdoms, and used Xiaofeng to accomplish his goal. After finding out the truth, Xiaofeng jumped into the River of Forgetfulness, and Gu Xiaowu / Li Chengyin followed suit out of guilt, and perhaps also love. In the present-time, only Xiaofeng has regained her memories, and their heart-wrenching romance begins all over again.

The leads are relative newbies – Peng Xiaoran was a host on iQiyi’s early morning entertainment program before signing under Fan Bingbing, while Chen started off as a child actor, and recently made a comeback as Yang Kang in the latest  adaption of LoCH. Thankfully they’ll be guided by a solid supporting cast, which includes Wang Zhifei (Housing), Siqin Gaowa (Legend of the Dragon Pearl), Gallen Lo (Song of Phoenix) and Yang Gongru (Across the Ocean to See You) and Wei Qianxiang (Midnight Diner).

The 30 episode drama is directed by Li Muge (Fighting Time), and penned by Song Yangming, who’s worked as a second writer on family dramas such as Seven Years and Young Couple Times.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Goodbye My Princess (2018)

posted by Abby on December 08, 2018 Leave a comment
Goodbye%2BMy%2BPrincess%2BCouple.jpg
Goodbye My Princess 东宫 is a Chinese

drama based on a novel by Fei Wo Si Cun 匪我思存 that runs for 55 episodes. Hopefully, that will be enough to satisfy us drama addicts because the few shots of the main couple are very captivating.

Goodbye My Princess Chen Xingxu Goodbye My Princess Peng Xiaoran
Goodbye My Princess Wei Qianxiang Goodbye My Princess Si Qin Gao Wa
Goodbye My Princess follows the story of the ninth princess of the Xi Liang country, who despite being spoiled, is well loved by her people. She is arranged to be married to a prince of the Central Plains. However, they are dragged into a world of politics, intrigue, betrayal and the struggle for power. Will they be able to weather the trials set before them and find each other again?

Goodbye My Princess Gallen Lo
Goodbye My Princess
It features a mixed cast of veteran actors as well as some newcomers. Chen Xingxu (Legend of the Condor Heroes 2017) plays the mild-tempered prince whilePeng Xiaoran (Legend of Ba Qing) will give life to the role of the princess from Xi Liang. They are joined by Wei Qianxiang, Si Qin Gao Wa, Gallen LoWang Zhifei, Zhang Dinghan and more. 

Release Date: December 12, 2018 Youku

Goodbye My Princess
Goodbye My Princess
Goodbye My Princess cast
Goodbye My Princess cast
CR:dramapanda
I am looking forward to this drama.  Seems interesting premise
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pad-hari said:

I am looking forward to this drama.  Seems interesting premise

It sounds interesting.  There was a prretty good trailer released a while ago which I saw on another site but now I can't find it.

ETA:  I found the trailer!

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 2

I wonder why the episode count has changed so much.  In the first two posts from @0ly40 it states it is a 30 episode drama but in the most recent DramaPanda post by @pad-hari it says it will be 55 episodes.  That makes me worry as too many C-dramas have been ruined by episode count messiness.

Another article about the dama:

https://www.avirtualvoyage.net/2018/12/chen-xing-xu-and-peng-xiao-rans-goodbye-my-princess-joins-december-broadcast.html

Here's another video from the OST:

• Like 5

On 12/13/2018 at 9:47 PM, angelangie said:

currently they havent release another date.....if i happen across it first i keep u guys posted :) 

Thanks...I've run out of period/historical/costume drama that piqued my interest and I was looking forward to this. I like the interesting premise.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, angelangie said:

Ever Night didnt pique you? :) 

I actually want to watch it but I'm a  bit wary of the age gap between the MCs. (Are they the OTP?) hehehe...sorry to ask for spoilers but really don't want to be right about it. I know that she could just look like a child but really be closer to his age but even the size difference is daunting. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

@angelangie calling more people to our beautiful EN thread in another drama thread, haaaaaa!!!!!:tounge_wink::heart: you!!!!!!

BTW, I think @ElleSormean to ask about their real life age Gap. 

You won't regret the age Gap between the leads.  Actually that thread is on fire, you know.  The first 5 episodes you need to be patient and from 6th episode u will go crazy on this drama. 

Oh sorry @angelangie for marketing the popularity of EN here.

Anyway, still waiting for an announcement on this dramas official airing date. *Face palm*.

• Like 3

Why Historical Dramas are Being Postponed or Rescheduled

Legend of Haolan Wu Jinyan Nie Yuan
Several Chinese historical dramas which were supposed to be released this year got rescheduled or cancelled.  

Goodbye My Princess was slated to air this week. However, on the morning of its Dec 12 premiere, it was announced that the schedule has been adjusted and that the release date will be announced separately. Similar postponements happened to Legend of Hao LanPeace in Palace, Peace in Chang An and The Legends of Monkey King.  

The question on everyone's mind is why are these shows being rescheduled? There seems to be a couple of reasons.

1. REVIEW AND REVISION.

When Legend of Hao Lan was cancelled, there were rumors that it had to undergo some changes for it to be aired and also rumors that it was to make way for a TV broadcast.  Yu Zheng had denied it and said he wanted to redo the music score. This didn't sound very convincing and we can speculate that the show is under review.

The comment of Director Lian Yimingof Peace in Palace, Peace in Chang An was very telling when he lamented over his show being postponed and that he won't recognize it anymore if they change it again. We can assume that there were problems with the drama and thus had to be revised.

2. STRICTER ONLINE DRAMA REVIEW POLICIES

The reason for the cancellation of shows is almost always censorship. The review policies of online dramas have tightened in recent years.  

Originally, online dramas, movies and network animations have a review policy of "self edit & self broadcast."  Recently, the Beijing Broadcasting and Television Bureau issued a notice to the industry: key network audio-visual programs were to be submitted to the provincial radio and television bureau for review after being filed by the production company.  The review process includes the filming plan before the actual shoot and the finished film.

Some insiders have confirmed the new rules to be true.  The new rules will be implemented in February next year.  

As early as December 2016, the director of the State Administration of Radio, Film and Television (currently known as NRTA), Nie Chenxi, pointed out that "the online and offline circles should be constructed in accordance with the requirements of one standard, one ruler." The standard of online drama review will be consistent with TV stations."  

It was emphasized that TV dramas and movies that have not passed the examination shall not be aired as internet dramas or online movies.  

It is clear that these two causes (censorship and revision) will have far reaching implications in the drama industry that for a time gave more freedom to dramas airing online.  Those that hope to be broadcast whether on TV or online will have to abide by the rules and censorship to be able to air. Those that don't revise their content or fail to pass the review will get cancelled regardless of how good or star-studded the dramas are. We can only hope that this will not lead to further restrictions on creativity down the line
cr: Dramapanda

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/9/2018 at 3:49 AM, raziela said:

intense is definitely the word!  I'm not sure what to expect but I feel like there  won't be a happy ending.

On 12/16/2018 at 2:48 PM, pad-hari said:

It was emphasized that TV dramas and movies that have not passed the examination shall not be aired as internet dramas or online movies.  

It is clear that these two causes (censorship and revision) will have far reaching implications in the drama industry that for a time gave more freedom to dramas airing online.  Those that hope to be broadcast whether on TV or online will have to abide by the rules and censorship to be able to air. Those that don't revise their content or fail to pass the review will get cancelled regardless of how good or star-studded the dramas are. We can only hope that this will not lead to further restrictions on creativity down the line

This bit is the most crucial and worrying why are China ruining their industry. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, angelangie said:

they will revise to meet the standard.....especially for those drama that have high budget....they will do it...to ensure they are able to be air

I know but i liked that online drama's had a bit more freedom china with all these restrictions is just hurting its own industry. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, angelangie said:

Yes I know how u feel however I’m sure all those online drama will try to follow as close as possible to the rules, we can’t stop only hope that things will turn out as best as they could

previously they stop a variety show before but after a while it was released after they review it

so let’s keep our finger cross

Its like time travel drama's were banned on TV right but still are allowed online?

• Like 1