Director: An Zhu Jian

Broadcast Period: 8/2/2018

Cast:

Zhang Ruo Yun

Zhang Tian Ai

Xu Wei Zhou

Bai Bing

Synopsis:

Ai Luo Man is an outstanding and independent career woman with good qualifications, however, she is not favored by men. She even got told by her ex-boyfriend that nobody would dare to love her due to her difficult character. Her best friend of fifteen years is Lu Fei, a gentle and easy-going man who is always ready to adapt to others and loves cooking and taking care of his house and plants.Women love him, nevertheless, he hasn’t dated a lot and doesn’t even want to consider marriage. Both Luo Man and Lu Fei have already reached their thirties and strive to better themselves and live a better life in the big city. While doing so, they finally find love as well.
(Source: CdramaBase)

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

The Evolution of Our Love Viki Episodes

The Evolution of Our Love Raw Episodes

Zhang Tian Ai Official Soompi Thread

Zhang Ruoyun Official Soompi Thread

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to moderators 
@angelangie l LavelyShai

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • sugarplum892 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Evolution of Our Love 爱情进化论

There was a link in the birthday email Lu Fei sent to Ruoman in episode 1, so just out of curiosity, I copied that link into the address bar of my browser--it lead to a pan.baidu account that required a password. Any guesses on what that password could be?^_^ (I'm guessing it's supposed to be of the videoclip Lu Fei made)

Besides the MV for Yoga Lin's song, official MVs for 2 other songs from the drama got released, one for Hu Xia's "Evolution of Our Love", the other for Yisa Yu's "Is This Love?"

Another song was recently released (no official MV), from Bibi Zhou, titled "那么喜欢你"

Another "Friends Turn Into Lovers" drama... I've watched just one ep. but it's pretty watchable so far. Hope it doesn't disappoint. 

It's goin' to be a typical love triangle too LoL. The BFF here is way hotter than the Taiwanese version. The Korean one is slightly ahead in the visuals department LoL. But at least the female lead in this C-drama would be much better than Ha Ji-Won:P

Haha! I couldn't even recognize actor Rui Weihang in episode 5 (he looks completely different from when he played Zhang Ruoyun's friend in the 2012 mainland tv drama adaptation of I'm Sorry I Love You). Hilarious how he flaunted his "dating" experience and theorized the type of girl Lu Fei likes to Qingqing. Not to mention he

Spoiler

sacrificed one of his wisdom teeth to help Qingqing?! :vicx:

Mainland version of Taiwanese drama In Time With You.

In Time With You, BTW, was pretty outstanding as a drama--the writing, the directing has a magical kismet--if they pair together again for another drama, I'd insta-watch it. and Ariel and Bolin Chen both had acted together before, so they were very good with their timing together (it showed compared to the other project they did together.)

The timing on the acting is a tad off, but they seem to be compensating in other ways. (Like making Main Male Lead quieter than in the original--though I kinda liked when he pushed back on her temper, etc, though often in his own way.)

The acting of the main female role, is very different though this time. Ariel played her more reserved and proud, with a hot temper to match only when pressed. This version, she's often temper first, proud later, and more extroverted than introverted.

There was also more playing with gender roles in the original than here (so far). But the Winnie (director) of the original likes playing with gender roles in his dramas. I always liked that about him. He doesn't mind asking what is male what is female, and what happens when you switch those roles and how does society view it? (Writer who worked with him is the same too... so that's why they were a perfect match in many ways.)

However, this one seems to be playing more with roles of women in society a bit and using the time allotted to develop the background of the relationship. It's not as strong thematically, but no one can outdo Winnie in visual theming. No one.

Exasperating how delusional Qingqing's fixation on Lufei is...he has told her countless times they are just friends. She had the audacity to refer to Lufei as her boyfriend to her hometown guy friend Kevin. Kevin knocks some sense into her, telling her she's the person who is one-sidedly claiming Lufei is her boyfriend. 'Course Kevin has to continue feeding her delusions by advising her on how go after Lufei.

And it's common sense if you get an allergic reaction from a product you use on your face, you'd go get it treated immediately. What does Qingqing do? She calls Lufei asking him to accompany her to get it treated. He says he can't come right away and he'll meet her at the hospital, so she throws a tantrum, hangs up and says to herself "You have your own boyfriend [Ruoman had just broken up with An Zhuo] and you still have to steal someone else's boyfriend. You're too much" Then calls Lufei again when the rashes appear worse. Ugh!

9 hours ago, creidesca said:

Exasperating how delusional Qingqing's fixation on Lufei is...he has told her countless times they are just friends. She had the audacity to refer to Lufei as her boyfriend to her hometown guy friend Kevin. Kevin knocks some sense into her, telling her she's the person who is one-sidedly claiming Lufei is her boyfriend. 'Course Kevin has to continue feeding her delusions by advising her on how go after Lufei.

And it's common sense if you get an allergic reaction from a product you use on your face, you'd go get it treated immediately. What does Qingqing do? She calls Lufei asking him to accompany her to get it treated. He says he can't come right away and he'll meet her at the hospital, so she throws a tantrum, hangs up and says to herself "You have your own boyfriend [Ruoman had just broken up with An Zhuo] and you still have to steal someone else's boyfriend. You're too much" Then calls Lufei again when the rashes appear worse. Ugh!

She's far more annoying in this drama than the original, maybe because she has more air time. In the original it was more like he never got around to saying no to her and complacently accepted it.

I also noticed they took away the "And he was gay" storyline of the original story. Half disappointed in that because it makes all of the men look like scumbags rather than sometimes misunderstood. I get they have to extend the timeline a bit, but not quite thrilled with that twist. Korea had to do it because of censors, but China doesn't have to.

They also subtlely changed the inciting event too. But then the original inciting event was far more symbolic and as I said, Winnie is the director you can't beat on symbolic imagery on screen. (He also tends to love using incidental symbology for his work... in ISWAK, for example, when two of the characters were fighting he used a passing train to show the division between the characters.)

Honestly, I thought Japan would do an adaptation since this type of story is up their ally. But maybe too proud like You Qing to try?

On 8/5/2018 at 1:28 PM, Kim Yunmi said:

The acting of the main female role, is very different though this time. Ariel played her more reserved and proud, with a hot temper to match only when pressed. This version, she's often temper first, proud later, and more extroverted than introverted.

Yeah, this version's female protagonist is a bit off to me. I'm not sure what it is - it's like they're trying too hard to convince me she's successful and has her own mind? But she's so contradictory in her dialogues and actions. I don't really know what they're trying to do here. I feel like they try very hard to make her relatable but it backfires (at least to me). I prefer Ariel's character a little more. I was so excited when they announced Ruo Yan and Crystal being the leads (huge fan of Crystal since Go Princess Go), but I'm not really impressed so far. Not convinced that these two's chemistry. 

And what's up with Qing Qing. Why are they making her so annoying? Her acting kills me :skull:. I don't remember her being so annoying in the original. And I can't stand the assistant. His acting is worse than the original. 

On 8/5/2018 at 3:28 PM, Kim Yunmi said:

Mainland version of Taiwanese drama In Time With You.

In Time With You, BTW, was pretty outstanding as a drama--the writing, the directing has a magical kismet--if they pair together again for another drama, I'd insta-watch it. and Ariel and Bolin Chen both had acted together before, so they were very good with their timing together (it showed compared to the other project they did together.)

This is the mainland version of In Time with You? 

I was looking at this and was thinking the same but wasn't exactly sure that it's really a version of the Taiwanese drama. Because there are a few mainland dramas that also tell the same best friends - lovers kinda story. 

Seem interesting. In Time with You is a favorite of mine and like @Kim Yunmi said, that drama from acting to script and delivery was really good. There was a korean version of it too but in my opinion the korean version (even though it star Ha Ji Won, and I also love Ha Ji Won)...story telling wise...it really failed. 

I hope this one doesn't disappoints.  ^_^

I like the Taiwan version. Both lead characters are so well balanced. We didn't know Bolin character was in love with Ariel character till a lot later.

Qing Qing character is extremely annoying. So annoying to the extent that she seems like a stalker and so creepy. I would have totally freak out. She is so delusional that she really needs to be admit mental hospital. 

Ruo yan is so under utilise of his acting ability in this drama. But I love his subtle jealous reactions to the assistantop touching Crystal''s hand. I thought he was going to explode right there and then. 

Archived