Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2017] Because This Is My First Life 이번 생은 처음이라

25 minutes ago, j9sshi said:

:oThe DVD is so expensive. (USD). Are they usually that pricey?

Yes they are and blu-rays are even more expensive.

• Like 3

On 12/15/2017 at 2:21 PM, cherryblossomkawai said:

It’s my 12/13 th years watching dramas. 

At the beginning, I watched almost everything. But the more I watched, the more I expected better dramas, better woman characters, better stories. 

So when I am into a drama, I am 100% behind it until it consumes my life. 

Nearly same. Watching dramas for 7 years now can't watch most of releasing dramas because the characters and stories are cliched and exaggerated. 

I like deep and rather realistic stories and characters. Like in BTIMFL. Can't still get over it too. Since it finished I didn't expect another drama of this kind airing soon, because its rare. But fortunately there is  'Just between lovers' so far does the same to me (not meaning to discuss another drama here of course, just mentioned).

• Like 3

K-Drama Reaction: Because This is My First Life | Series Review

because-this-is-my-first-life-series-rev
Date: December 20, 2017 Author: ahjummamshies 

We are all guilty of pretending we know it all. In high school, we scoff at freshmen who are excited about campus activities. In college, we shun juniors who dreaded their thesis proposals. And when we are already the sunbae at work, we roll our eyes to the enthusiasm of the newbies. All because we have experienced that part. That innocent moment has passed and we thought we are an experienced individual.

K-drama veterans are no different. We act like we can predict if the drama would be good based on promotional teasers and story-lines provided before the series actually start. The whole Ahjummamshies squad has boasted watching plenty of K-drams for years but Because This is My First Life made us feel like novices as it surprised all of us with its simple yet moving story.

full review here: https://ahjummamshies.wordpress.com/2017/12/20/k-drama-reaction-because-this-is-my-first-life-series-review/

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Hello First Lifers! Happy holidays! I hope you're enjoying your holiday break or just feeling the good vibes this season, whether you celebrate Christmas or not. :heart:

• Like 5

can anyone tell me the name of the poetry book? the one with the visitor poem by jung hyun-jong? or if this poet has his works available online and has eng trans?

Edited by oegyein
  • Like 3

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 8:13 AM, oegyein said:

can anyone tell me the name of the poetry book? the one with the visitor poem by jung hyun-jong? or if this poet has his works available online and has eng trans?

It's called "Island." I don't think it has an English translation yet. Some of his other works have been translated into English under an alternate spelling of his name, Chong Hyon-Jong. Amazon has "The Dream of Things," "Day-Shine," and "Whisper of Splendor" listed.

Maybe if enough people ask the English publisher, they will consider translating it. Homa & Sekey (homabooks.com) publish some of them.

• Like 5

Hello! It's been a month since the last episode of the drama and it's only just a few hours ago when I finished watching it for the nth time. Also, I have finally finished writing my review for this drama. Though I don't know if I have given justice to it but yeah. Feel free to visit it hihi. Thank you. Happy New Year guys!

Spoiler
bae9acf0a8d2ea7039ebfb4c682dec34-e151465
[REVIEW] BECAUSE THIS LIFE IS OUR FIRST

Its introspection about relationship, marriage and life is what makes Because This Life is Our First a delight to watch.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Did anybody else pre-order the DVD here? When are we supposed to get confirmation that the pre-orders are confirmed? I really hope there will be enough orders for it to go through... 

• Like 2

Hands down my favorite drama of 2017. I expected it to be a wacky comedy judging from its premise, but it turned out to be a well-written slice-of-life drama. I love how the characters grow, but at the same time stay true to themselves. I'm so glad to be a part of the journey and although Jung Somin is dating Lee Joon, I wouldn't mind if she actually dates Lee Minki. 

• Like 4

On 12/4/2017 at 7:00 PM, ahhhjummahhhjo said:

I have had some time to reflect and type out a lengthy defense of the drama and the last two episodes in question. I've said before that for me, 15 & 16 summed it up neatly and for me it was perfect--I won't take back that statement. My standard for "perfect" was simply that it doesn't go the way Cheese in the Trap did. 

But again, having put my thoughts on paper (both physically writing it out and typing it) made me think--am I truly at peace with it? Perhaps, not entirely. That is probably the reason why I am inspired to fill in the blanks of what happened from their reunion to the night they woke up. Again--inspired. This is huge for me personally. I haven't been inspired for such a long time to write. So I was thinking actually, I wish there was a way to thank the writer for crafting something that moves and inspires the creativity in people and meaningful discourse. 

Still, I respect those dissenting opinions who feel that there wasn't anything else that the last two episodes needed. What triggers my protectiveness of this drama is those of the opinion that the drama was ruined by the last two. 

To be clear, it wasn't. And in my defense having posted a review blog that goes into her take on the drama, I think it took away from the drama a bit but didn't crush the integrity of the drama in her eyes entirely. 

What was great about this thread was the ability to air the different sides--to have that space for discussion. To respectfully hear what the other has to say and maybe just agree to disagree. This thread has become such a home for me and a joy to be in that it's painful to read certain things at times--but, as I've said, we have to be able to respect the different perspectives. 

This drama is my top one. And yes, I only have nearly 4 years of drama watching experience. Will that make my sentiment any less valid? Will my "inexperience" nullify my right to feel the way I do?

I know I'm visiting this thread again after the drama has ended, but I have to say how much I love your post. I have to say this drama is among my top 5 dramas--spanning the many years of me watching dramas.  What I love about this drama are the females. They speak up, they say what is on their minds. I don't feel frustrated in this drama as I do in other dramas. I love how it showed all 3 women dealing with sexual harassment. I love that JH when harassed stood up for herself and decided she wasn't going to take it.  These women were refreshing. I also love how SH and JH's story was developed. For me, it was perfect and it ended perfect. 

For me personally, I felt JH needed to leave for two reasons. She needed to do it for herself and I also felt it needed to be done for SH. SH always talked about the things he would never do and how he had his life mapped out--he didn't need anything but his cat and the apartment he was going to die in.  After she left, he realized he didn't want to eat alone. The drama in the first ep or second has SH telling Mr. Park (CEO) that he doesn't want to eat with them. He likes eating alone.  It has SH selling his apartment that he loved so much and was going to die in.  If she had not left, he would not have confronted his real feelings for her.  SH could have stopped her from leaving the first time but he didn't. However, when they meet up again in the last episode, he stops her from leaving although he's angry. He also shares how he feels. If she had not left, he would have never let her into his 'room 19'.  That's why I love this drama and all the eps.

Side Note:  I just realized that the dance scene that the CEO was performing as he walked/danced down the street is a take on the dance scene from 500 Days of Summer.

Spoiler

• Like 4

Hi! It's been awhile. Happy that the drama still keeps gaining new fans. It'll be aired soon in Japan too and I'm hoping it'll do well!

To those who preordered the DVD, release is around April 30th. To those who haven't yet and want to preorder, deadline is extended till the end of this month!

Also dropping by to say that both Minki and Somin are nominated in Soompi Awards for Best Actor of the Year & Actress of the Year! Here are the links:

Actor of the Year (Lee Minki): https://www.soompi.com/awards/category/drama/actor-of-the-year

Actress of the Year (Jung Somin): https://www.soompi.com/awards/category/drama/actress-of-the-year

Lee Minki and Jung Somin

Best Couple: https://www.soompi.com/awards/category/drama/best-couple

Because This Life Is My First:

Drama of the Year https://www.soompi.com/awards/category/drama/drama-of-the-year

Best Ensemble

https://www.soompi.com/awards/category/drama/best-acting-ensemble

Best Soundtrack

https://www.soompi.com/awards/category/drama/best-soundtrack

Kim Minkyu (Boknam) is also nominated for Rookie Award, Kim Minseok for Supporting Actor and Esom for Supporting Actress.

Just login with your soompi account and vote. Have a good day, everyone! :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tipsy Findings: Top 10 Locations Used by Different Dramas

goblin-suspicious-partner-filmng-locatio

Date: January 30, 2018 Author: tipsyahjumma 

Have you ever watched a drama and felt like something seems too familiar? You’ll grow restless for a while and dig deep into your memory thinking that you’ve seen it somewhere before.  You may even believe that it’s déjà vu, but chances are you’ve been lured by the K-Drama genies in their maze of filming locations.

After some time, you’ll subconsciously develop this habit of searching Easter eggs in the dramas you watch, and then finally accept your fate of being trapped in the K-Dramaworld with them oppas, not complaining though. 

Full article here: https://ahjummamshies.wordpress.com/2018/01/30/tipsy-findings-top-10-locations-used-by-different-dramas/

• Like 3

Hi everyone. Long time, no post. Sorry... life had taken over. 

Quick question about the DVD... did any of you guys receive your order yet? I just saw the 2nd call for pre-orders and I wonder if they fulfilled the order of the first batch. I’m in the US by the way. 

Thank you!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ahhhjummahhhjo said:

Hi everyone. Long time, no post. Sorry... life had taken over. 

Quick question about the DVD... did any of you guys receive your order yet? I just saw the 2nd call for pre-orders and I wonder if they fulfilled the order of the first batch. I’m in the US by the way. 

Thank you!

I haven't pre-orders the DVD but from my experience if the DVD went through with production you should've gotten constant informations of the status via email. Did you receive any confirmation for the DVD, did you already pay for it? If not and you haven't received any informations I don't think the DVD pre-order phase was successful. :(

• Like 1