[Drama 2017] Because This Is My First Life 이번 생은 처음이라

Go Seung Ji

I suppose this is after they get home, and SH makes JH some tea to help with her coming hangover.

SH: Don't drink the cold water, drink this - (something about how her insides will be uncomfortable?). Put this by your bedside and drink it since you may wake up during the night.

JH: It's warm. Thank you.

They stand in between their rooms.

JH: Good night. (to Cat) and you too.

JH turns to go.

SH: JH-ssi, do you want to sleep together again tonight?

JH: Ah... no, tonight... I...

SH: Ah... I'm sorry. 

JH: No, it's not like that. I'm really tired today. On those days, I snore even louder...

SH: Okay. I'll make more tea, drink more if you need it.

JH: Okay.

Now they are in each other's rooms. JH flashes back to all the snippets of conversations with SH, now interspersed with JM's.

This part is so complicated to translate, but maybe you guys can still remember sorta what they said. I'll go on to the next part. 

SH calls JH after looking at JM's name card. He flashes back to JH telling him about a drama producer. (haven't watched previous episode and don't know if this dialogue is new)

SH: It's me.

JH: I know.

SH: I'm sorry since it's late. But I have something to say.

JH: Ok.

SH: Congratulations for starting to write again.

JH (voiceover): This person is worrying.

SH: For starting again...

JH (voiceover): He's afraid. 

SH: It's really a good thing.

JH (voiceover): He's feeling uneasy.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 11

I will think happy thoughts. I would request our amazing GIF makers to make one out of Namja Nam Se Hee’s epic wrist grab of ASSt. PD-Nim. Man, if looks could kill, that guy would be on the floor from Se Hee’s death glare. 

Also, remember Se Hee doesn’t hit humans? Well, it’s another first for him. :)

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

i don't know.. its easier than said..

its one of those collective human emotions..

when you fall in love.. the fact that that man was deeply in love with someone else.. will always become an insecurity.. 

You don't know.. are you being loved more or less.. are you bein gloved because they know its over for them... will he always remember her.. "fondly".. will he as easily fall in love with another woman if they were to break up..

Its not dramaland.. you are bound to feel these emotions in real life too.. ofcourse you can take time and come to terms with it.. and move froward

I very much agree with this. While I was livestreaming this, I was thinking about how JH would feel. When I heard JH mention SH while talking to JM, I immediately identified with what she was trying to do. Because if I was in her position, I would also (immaturely) try to let the other woman know that her ex is my husband now.

I also thought about the insecurity I'd feel if the one I love's ex is successful, more succesful than me, so beautiful and strong, and THEY  HAD A CHILD. I'd think it'd be difficult to top that. I'd probably withdraw as well, and have strong doubts. I'd let the questions, "Does he love me more?" "Does he think about her?" get to me.

• Like 11
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, meiil said:

I think she migh ask him for some time alone, hence she leaving, they are both gonna be miserable but SH will try to confess.

JH better end her pity parties soon tho, even only she'd knew how much he did for her only in this ep ( assaulter, closure with JM).

Srsly this feels so clichè, but I trust the writer and I'm sure we'll have a beautiful happy ending.

yeah. i think she's invoking her right to room 19. but then she'll learn from SG and SJ and JM and the cat collar Oori about SH punching the sleazeball and that SH is head over heels in love with her and she'll be running straight into his arms.

btw. what book did SH buy from the bookstore?

• Like 7

First lifers.. thank you so much for the live recap and everything, I actually watched the raw too, but I wasn't expecting this kind of massive cliffhanger at the end.. my heart didn't prepare for this.

Ep 14 is generally the least favorite in a drama land so far (i mean there's a pattern here in a kdrama), so we better get a better episode next week. I hope it's SH turn to play as a forward to protect his heart. The best is yet to come *hopefully :)

(well, that is easy to say.. but how can we survive for this week? ^^" )

• Like 5

I felt SJ n SG couple to be the best.. :D..they were cute, bold n strong enough to love.. Finally WS n HR r separated for good I guess.. But I don't know y I felt bad seeing them involve with others:(.. But still they r exploring new sides of their life.. SH is brave enough to say his past a goodbye.. This really means he loves JH.. He further proves it by attacking the rapist n uri tag to cat.. SH is truly in love with JH.. But MU here too, JH thinks SH doesn't love her.. Now both have to confess their love then everything wud be good.. :D..i wud love to see all 3 couples together at the end having their happily everafter

• Like 5

*sighs* I know this was going to happen, we all knew we had to hit the bottom in order to rise at the end, but still It makes me so sad.

And the fact that we gotta wait a week in this sad mood for the last two eps is even worst.

robin-crying-drunk-under-desk.gif

• Like 7
  • Sad 5
  • LOL 2

1 minute ago, Jillia said:

You know Ji-ho and Se-hee started it backwards. While other couples get to know eachother, develope feelings, then date and eventually get engaged and married. These two did it the wrong way. I mean for them to happen this way... probably was the best thing that could've happened to them. But it would be great to see them doing it the "correct" way... You know, nothing is wrong with them. But if in the end it gives them a good feeling to start again like two people falling in love I'm good with it. :)

I completely agree with this point.. They can cancel the agreement n start off their relationship in a new way.. As others do, I want them to the way other couples do.. Hope they do that,..

• Like 9

1 minute ago, teep523 said:

EP 15 Text Preview

세희(이민기)는 지호(정소민)의 결혼 계약 종료를 받아들인다.
수화기 너머 지호의 떨리는 목소리와 눈물을 느끼며 마음 아파하는 세희.
그리고 다음날 곧장 본가로 찾아가 세희부(김응수)와 대면하는데...
원석(김민석)은 보미(윤보미)와 식당에 갔다가 호랑(김가은), 영효와 마주친다. 어색한 분위기 속에 식사하던 중...
영효가 호랑 해장국에 들깨가루를 치려 하자 원석, 저도 모르게 외친다.
“안돼요! 랑이 들깨가루 싫어해요!”
세희, 괴로운 마음에 독한 술을 마시고 뻗는다.
지호는 상구(박병은)에게 부축 받으며 귀가한 만취세희를 발견하고 깜짝 놀라고.
지호, 곤히 잠든 세희의 침대맡에 앉아 오래도록 기억하려는 듯 그의 얼굴을 한참이고 들여다보는데...
과연 두 사람은, 이대로 이혼하는 걸까?

SH accepts JH's request to terminate their marriage contract.

SH feels his heart hurting as he listens to JH's wavering voice and feels her tears over the phone.

SH also personally meets his father, who visited their house the following day...

WS bumps into HR & YeongHyo when he went to a restaurant with BM. They have a meal in an awkward atmosphere... YeongHyo tries to add Perilla powder to HR's soup. Without realising it, WS says "No! Rang-ie doesn't like Perilla powder!"

SH drowns his sorrows in strong alcohol.

JH is surprised when she discovers that SH went home totally smashed out drunk while being supported by SG.

JH sits by SH's bed as he is fast asleep and looks at his face for a long time, as if she wants to remember it for a long time...

Will these two divorce in this way?

--

Fingers crossed & hoping for the best next week....

Waaahh I'm crying already poor SH.

• Like 4
  • Sad 5
  • LOL 1

2 minutes ago, teep523 said:

sigh.. prepare your hearts before you watch EP 14. the angst & tension is real.

anyway, EP 15 Preview Translations

From 2:00 onwards:

JH: As love got deeper, my confusion/worries increased too..

SG: Isn't that HR?

SJ: She looked like a chick that was walking out in the rain this morning.. (i.e. she looked sad)

SH: Which line is the greasiest/cheesiest for a confession?

SJ: Who do you think would be CEO Ma's friend's friend?

JH: It's me, would like to have a date with me?

JH: What is marriage? Do you know what it is SH? A marriage that happened because of love.. would be a happy one, wouldn't it?

--

EP 15 Text Preview

세희(이민기)는 지호(정소민)의 결혼 계약 종료를 받아들인다.
수화기 너머 지호의 떨리는 목소리와 눈물을 느끼며 마음 아파하는 세희.
그리고 다음날 곧장 본가로 찾아가 세희부(김응수)와 대면하는데...
원석(김민석)은 보미(윤보미)와 식당에 갔다가 호랑(김가은), 영효와 마주친다. 어색한 분위기 속에 식사하던 중...
영효가 호랑 해장국에 들깨가루를 치려 하자 원석, 저도 모르게 외친다.
“안돼요! 랑이 들깨가루 싫어해요!”
세희, 괴로운 마음에 독한 술을 마시고 뻗는다.
지호는 상구(박병은)에게 부축 받으며 귀가한 만취세희를 발견하고 깜짝 놀라고.
지호, 곤히 잠든 세희의 침대맡에 앉아 오래도록 기억하려는 듯 그의 얼굴을 한참이고 들여다보는데...
과연 두 사람은, 이대로 이혼하는 걸까?

SH accepts JH's request to terminate their marriage contract.

SH feels his heart hurting as he listens to JH's wavering voice and feels her tears over the phone.

SH also personally meets his father, who visited their house the following day...

WS bumps into HR & YeongHyo when he went to a restaurant with BM. They have a meal in an awkward atmosphere... YeongHyo tries to add Perilla powder to HR's soup. Without realising it, WS says "No! Rang-ie doesn't like Perilla powder!"

SH drowns his sorrows in strong alcohol.

JH is surprised when she discovers that SH went home totally smashed out drunk while being supported by SG.

JH sits by SH's bed as he is fast asleep and looks at his face for a long time, as if she wants to remember it for a long time...

Will these two divorce in this way?

--

Fingers crossed & hoping for the best next week....

Thank you so much for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really feel like crying right now. This is too much for my heart:dissapointed_relieved:

• Like 5
  • Sad 5
  • Thanks 1

I think we should all calm down & watch the subbed episode tomorrow. It will explain a lot; there was a lot of good & honest conversation in this episode! I understood 80-90% of it, but unfortunately I'm not good enough to translate. I think watching with subs will help everyone understand JH better. 

• Like 8

I have to say  this.

With all the dramas I have watched, this drama is unpredictable every episode.

We are so used to the makjang dramas - terminal illness, evil ex, terrible in laws, forced separations, time jumps - and I think all the usual tropes are out the window for this drama.

It's a refreshing look at life.

PS. Although I would smack myself if there happens to be a time jump - my pet peeve! :confounded:

**runs off to bed**

@angelflower - I am adding to the pages! *smacks self again*

• Like 7
  • LOL 4