[Drama 2017] Because This Is My First Life 이번 생은 처음이라

Go Seung Ji

3 hours ago, nubianlegalmind said:

I can already tell that her friend that has been in the long-term relationship is going to have heart ache. I will tell any woman, never give up all of your good years to a man. Her friend has pretty much spent her 20's with her boyfriend and she doesn't even seem to have a promise ring, let alone any other sign of commitment. My third eye is tingling, something is awry.

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I wondered whether it was a lack of communication between them. I think WS does want to marry HR eventually, but he's still trying to make something of himself with his start up, trying to attract venture capital, etc. It may just not have crossed his mind to ask HR to marry him when he may have been taking it for granted that they will be married some day. I don't actually like the stereotype that HR is playing into of a woman who just can't be direct about what she really wants, but rather sends signals that the guy is supposed to interpret correctly. That's so tiring! I did find it funny when SG "decodes" the messages for WS, but SG is almost as clueless as WS is about the signals being sent out and about women in general.

I"m sure that HR and WS will have their problems, but I'm also certain that in the end, they'll get back together. However, before they do, I hope that HR finds other things that she may want from her life other than to be a wife and mother which apparently has been HR's dream since she was a child. This was part of JH's ruminations about HR at the end of episode 4, which finishes that HR's dream thus far has only resulted in 7 years of living together.

Really like all your posts! Happy that this thread is alive.  Full of mods too.  :D  

https://www.soompi.com/2017/09/24/kim-min-suk-transforms-intellectual-executive-first-life-stills/

I went back to retrieve this short interview by Kim Min Seok who plays another supporting BF after AoY2.  There is still a lot of drama left but I feel stroppysse’s opinions seems to match with what he said about his character.   WS is like one of my guy friends who pours all his energy and attention to career, mostly due to the heavy loan load that is hanging over his head, delaying commitment (at least marriage) until his future is more financially secure.  I don’t think WS is a commitment phobe (he obviously loves HR), he just doesn’t display it in a tangible way, showering her with goods or expressing it by giving her things that she likes. He even sneered at the price of the sofa, dismissing its value before he sees it.  I think it’s a subconscious effort, putting things out of reach, so he can’t spend before he can afford it. He shows his love in things that you cannot put a price on, massaging her leg, walking her home after late shifts.  I could be wrong but I guess we will see soon the kind of person WS is as the drama progresses. :)  It’s one of the many aspects of the drama that shows how a career mindset influences the way we approach love and marriage.

I too think HR is smarter than she may appear so I am also on board with the thought that she is capable of making a career change.  One that allows her to buy the sofa with her own paycheck instead of relying on someone else, hinting to her BF about it.  I still remember how she dismissed herself at the wedding banquet as someone not as successful when compared to SJ’s career.  Would be nice to see her have more confidence in her own ability.

Hi @CamelKnight glad to see you here! 

• Like 8

tumblr_oxmwx5gnXH1qcagtxo4_400.gif

----------------------------

tumblr_oxypi09lXk1vpmpmko1_r1_400.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_oxypi09lXk1vpmpmko4_r2_400.giftumblr_oxypi09lXk1vpmpmko5_r1_400.giftumblr_oxypi09lXk1vpmpmko6_r1_400.gif

“I knew it was not the right moment to fall for him.
But still, it was the first time…
hearing that someone needs me.”

-----------------------------

tumblr_oxzwsuBO5k1vpmpmko2_400.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_oxzwsuBO5k1vpmpmko3_r1_400.giftumblr_oxzwsuBO5k1vpmpmko6_r1_400.giftumblr_oxzwsuBO5k1vpmpmko7_r2_400.gif

tumblr_oxzwsuBO5k1vpmpmko8_r2_400.gif

• Like 15

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrs_EuIhqPDgI_2GjnH1Bposter-i-love-you-i-need-you-1560988.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTV7Qzl9hGSY4txmDfUoli

He doesn't seem to need her in the ways of the heart...Or does he?  She seems to need him in the ways of survival...Or is it something more?   Not just in living but in being NEEDED and wanted for the first time...  Yet without even understanding or fully knowing it for it isn't in FOCUS.  The very words I need you or because it was you, says so much more than what's on the surface.  What may seem to have started over a common agreement about a marriage without the ingredient called LOVE.  May through time not only show but prove that needing is only a starting place.   That the greatest kind of NEED there can be is that which grows from I need you to I want you.  To I love you and even I miss you.

All of which makes life worth living... :heart:usafarmgirl

all credit and thanks to original owners of photos...

OMG! I laughed so much when SH met JH's family. I was laughing out loud. When they made the growling noise for the father and the puppy sound for the dog, was just too much--when JH kicked SH behind his knees to make him get in the kneeling position in front of her father.....oh, I couldn't stop laughing.  What I'm liking about the acting of our leads is it seems so natural and real. Their timing is perfect. 

I felt sorry for WS. He couldn't wait to see how excited his girlfriend would be to see the sofa he purchased for her. Only for her to jump to conclusions and think he was going to propose. She gets angry at him when it's not his fault. Instead of her throwing off hints about marriage by using a sofa that led to confusion, she should have been speaking plainly for him to understand.

• Like 8
  • LOL 2

this drama is good and bad for me... good because its very funny and relaxing; bad because I waited the sub, I took day off today because of lack of sleep. 

Now back to drama since I watched episode 4 already... if we asked for love, we normally see tears and pain, but here is different, for SJ no means yes. Its a go signal to push the marriage... see how he suggested first to meet her parents and did some preparation to win the “ FUTURE IN LAWS”...he thought this is conventional but he actually found his ideal woman without noticing it. While on HJ part she’s been giving him good points too. When they rode the train.. though he didn’t do sweet gestures like the normal couples, he thinks about her welfare first before searching for another seat after HJ was seated. Plus he took it seriously to dressed well to meet her parents. The other events in last night episode were true and relatable to us as viewers.. living together with your bf/ gf sometimes made us dreamed of building a family and to get old with him/her. As well as the norms of how is it like to be as an ordinary employee... you always answer to your superior and you have to do your might to deliver the goods. Lastly, Thumbs ups to you writer nim and to prod. staff too; of course to all the actors/actresses  as well. Thank you for giving us this funny but realistic drama of life. 

Good day everyone!

• Like 10

This drama... it's very insanely nice. Just the right amount of everything: depth of the story and feeding the viewers of reality happening around us. This drama touches every bit of reality happening around us. When we try to be normal, it seems frustrating and tiring (Won Seok - Ho Rang), when we try to focus on achieving something yet we don't know if we're really near it (Soo Ji) and when we are practical yet the society and we, ourselves feel this is unusual than the norm (Se Hee and Ji Ho). I like all what's happening. Good job to the writer of this drama. It is light yet it makes us all look back to our own realities and see where we are right now. It is very easy to watch, you just get frustrated after each episode when realizations are flooding in your head and agree what the drama writer wanted you to think haha. At almost every ending of the drama, there are always lines that remind us what real life is. This life is really our first. 

• Like 12

Me: I'm just gonna watch the first 2 eps of this drama and then wait till it's over or farther in

Me at 2am: yeah i'm not attached to this drama, I'm fine.

me today: hmm should I start my assignment now or watch the recent ep? oh shoot...im attached to it. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

Meeting the FIL in EP 4 was hilarious. TOTALLY. I laughed so hard! But it didn't end just there, SH's reaction on the night and morning after was funny too. He was so traumatised!

This drama is good not just for the dialogues but also in the quiet moments when there are no dialogues. I think the subway scene between SH and JH as they make their way home from the train station shows the contrast between SH (the pragmatic and cynical) and JH (the idealist and romantic-at-heart). It may foreshadow JH's heartbreak later. It is obvious that marrying without emotional attachment is her temporary option. She is, after all, a woman who yearns affection from the man she loves. What will happen when she reaches the point where she wants more from SH? I can't wait to find out!

• Like 11

I don't know if anyone did post the BTS video for episode 3. Anyway, below is the BTS for the reverse proposal scene in Ep 3 :)

In the spoiler are the past BTS scenes

Spoiler

So-min and Min Ki really look super adorable together in the BTS :D

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

I m loving this show officially.. After the 4th episode.. It's a right balance of humor n emotions.. NS meeting JH's parents was soo hilarious due to the background sounds n NS's blank expressions lol.. The intro of JH's craziness.. The way she ran away to pursue her dream.. N Now marriage.. JH had a pang in her heart to marry without love but then seeing the circumstances of her friends she changed her opinion.. All marriages r not for love some r for needs.. I m soo excited for their marriage more than them.. I like the convo of NS n JH.. Even though, NS talks strange JH could relate to him that what is needed for a relationship:wub:

SJ the stronger she appears, the harder is her pain to deal.-_-. She is always harassed by her superior but still tries to put a brave front for her friends.. Her dream was something else, she is doing something else.. Yet she is very coolB).. SG thinks he knows everything abt females but he fails in the case of SJ.. I want to see more of them.. 

I knew the third couple wud crumple down soon n it happened.. But they still love each other.. Wondering how they will reconcile.. :ph34r:

P. S. Congo the show is increasing in ratings day by day.. Hope it has more ratings in future episodes too

• Like 11

1 hour ago, rembrandtz_5e20 said:

Meeting the FIL in EP 4 was hilarious. TOTALLY. I laughed so hard! But it didn't end just there, SH's reaction on the night and morning after was funny too. He was so traumatised!

This drama is good not just for the dialogues but also in the quiet moments when there are no dialogues. I think the subway scene between SH and JH as they make their way home from the train station shows the contrast between SH (the pragmatic and cynical) and JH (the idealist and romantic-at-heart). It may foreshadow JH's heartbreak later. It is obvious that marrying without emotional attachment is her temporary option. She is, after all, a woman who yearns affection from the man she loves. What will happen when she reaches the point where she wants more from SH? I can't wait to find out!

Yes I can't wait what will happen when she wants kiss, hug and event more :D I am sure she will give the action first... and JH will actually feel the affection and desire :D I almost sure (I hope so) the writer will give us kisses and bed scene. 

• Like 9

I love the female friendship in this drama.

As much as I am enjoying this drama, I know that I am enjoying it because I anticipate SeHee changing. 

If this drama was a potential lover I'd run away because the rule is, never date anyone assuming they will change from who they show you to be into a prince charming.

• Like 10

11 hours ago, YourHighness . said:

I loved episode 3. Still have to watch episode 4 but I will only get to watch it tomorrow with subtitles. I don't want to assume or read anything wrong and get scolded for skewing information and posting untruth.

I am really warming upto the main leads. How weird that the show that I had the least expectancy from is my most liked while the show I did have great expectations from is not that interesting to me. Also, I can't believe they are actually getting married so soon. For some reason, I expected them to live as roommates and fiance for some more episodes.

BTW, @packmule3 I am watching this show. :D Also, @vangsweetie637 and @kaoriharang can you guys join me? I know you both are watching this show. @mslee Yes, that was clear disappointment. LOL.

I am really loving how the writer is handling rape culture and how females are treated in a long term relationship or even the workplace where the female is competent and powerful with a no nonsense personality. I can't tell you guys how disgusted and upset I was with JH's team trying to pressure and shame her into letting go of her sexual assault. I am glad she stood up for herself. Like the saying goes, speak the truth, even if you are alone and your voice shakes. Bravo to our girl. I was really proud of her. I am still hoping that somehow this will all work out for her and she won't have to give up her dream of being a writer. It would be very unfair if she ends up loosing her career when that sleezebag goes on to become a PD.

giphy.gif

hello unnie and everyone on this thread - wasnt expecting to be tagged :tongue:

Anyways - I have yet to watch Ep 4 as well. But just some quick thoughts, I like this drama  because of the dynamics of the main otp. It is clear that right now between the two there is definitely no love whatsoever. But I think what is happening between the two is that they have found some solace in each other's presence.

These two have more similarities than they have differences that is for sure. I personally think for them that fact that they have found that and recognise that - which has lead to a connection between the two is something that is rather unique and real difference; compared to the typical kdrama love story.

I find SH such an interesting character, he comes off as rather 'turn off' in his emotions but yet he is probably more caring that most guys who show emotions. Something that I really love about this story. If anything between the three coupls that get attention in this show - I really am looking forward to SH and JH's love story and journey the most.

I am definitely hoping for a deeper character development, clearly each of our characters both as individuals and as couples - have their own pains and struggles as well as a deepening understanding of each other.

But so far this drama is definitely one I am following (:

giphy.gif

Note: I also agree with you @YourHighness . on how the sexually assault and attempted rape was handled as well. I am so glad JH stood up for herself and made a stand. I was definitely applauding at that moment.

giphy.gif

• Like 11

1 hour ago, rembrandtz_5e20 said:

It will be interesting if SH is the one who realises that he wants more. :tongue:

PS. I love the meeting the FIL scene and how SH had paid attention and followed JH's instructions to a T. His panicked look and the puppy whimper. LOL.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

It will be interesting if SH is the one who realises that he wants more. :tongue:

PS. I love the meeting the FIL scene and how SH had paid attention and followed JH's instructions to a T. His panicked look and the puppy whimper. LOL.

Yes! Going by how the writer likes to break stereotypes and surprise viewers with unexpected twists, i wouldn't be surprised if SH suffers more. That would be an interesting watch!

• Like 8

20 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

In my opinion, she is used to be used by others hence she feels that behind a nice gesture, they have an hidden agenda. When the staff (writer, director and producer) was meeting her, they had indeed a hidden agenda. She is the one with ideas, they can use her creativity in order to make money, while treating her as inferior. Notice that they never said that they needed her, if they had done that, they would have revealed that she had the upper hand.

The reason why JH changed her mind was SH's kindness, when he helped the elderly woman. Due to his action, she gets aware that SH has no hidden agenda and was telling her the truth. 

Hi.  Yay, you are watching.  I agree.  It's a tough cold Seoul for JH, watching SH helping the lady pick up the oranges was probably the only nice kind gesture JH saw in the last 48hours.  She needed some reasons to stay in Seoul. Hearing and knowing SH needed her (as a person not just anyone so that he can marry to) have already sway her.  Seeing how nice he was probably tipped the scale for her.  She has some proof of his true nature to believe what he is saying.  Honestly, I think watching him reaffirmed for her that there is some goodness and kind people out there despite her having faced some really tough situations earlier that day. 

9 hours ago, yusefull said:

I found episode 4 really amazing. I feel it's about how bad the world is but they hide it with the laugh. Everything that SH say about the world it's true and that convince JH but I think the point is should they still dream or just give up ?

SH character is amazing, he keep telling JH she is amazing about things that nobody exept him would care about. When he told her to use the weird selfie to convince her friends. Priceless.

I love that SG (the love expert that don't undestand women) tell WS he is an idiot and you think SG got it when he say mariage but no, they both think about the couch.

When HR begin the argument with WS thinking she is right (I was too) but we realise with her that she is not that right. But when HR cry about her uterus getting old, I found it so funny but it's truly something that sad that botter her.

Are the three girl bad friends, none of them never ask the good question. HR is disapointed that SJ don't understand her and SJ disapointed that HR only think about herself and never that SJ can have bad days too. JH can't even tell them her "good news" because they are in a bad place. If one friend got a good news, the other should feel happy and not jealous or anything about it. I feel like they are not that great of friends actually since episode 3 when JH talk in the karaoke about how they chear her up.

I love the ending scene were they do the graduate thing. They go get married but they don't know what will happen to them. 

yusefull, I just want to say that I love reading all that you wrote, especially the last sentence.  I've never watched The Graduate (shame on me).  The last few minutes of episode 4, started with JH staring at her beloved The Graduate movie poster (a nod to her love of writing and her impulsive nature - running away to attend Seoul National Uni against her dad's wish like the characters in the movie) to scene of both JH/SH running to catch the bus in their wedding attire was lifted off the ending of The Graduate huh?  JH's wedding dress and her beige french coat resembled Dustin Hoffman and  Anne Bancroft's clothing colors. The look on their faces... what now?  the uncertainty on her face... about the future and what will happen to them now.  All we need was The Sound of Silence playing in the background.

Just for those who did not know about the scene like me :D

Spoiler

I agree, JH feels the weight and sadness of reality, her own state, her friends' problems... she absorbs it all.  The camera keeps focusing on Jung So-Min's luminous eyes for a reason.  SH helps to diffuse it and make things bearable for her.  Coming back to a quiet home with SH watching futbol on the TV after all the dramas and chaos was what JH needed.  You are right, everyone hides their unhappiness, sadness, disappointments in that episode.  Sad but amazing ending.  Such a contrast to the hilarity half an hour before when SH met her family.  I died laughing in those ten minutes. So funny @sakura2016!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1