Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2017] Because This Is My First Life 이번 생은 처음이라

the first 3 epsiode was good. JH/SH scene are a joy to watch.

JH 2 gf are very good to her. i do hope they can stay friend till the end.

i glad JH told those three loser off. how could those 2 say for JH to let that scene of her being almost rap go. they should have told the guy to be begging JH forgiveness. instead they try to act like nothing happen. the guy lucky JH have a big heart or else he woul be in jail.

that last scene of JH/SH was sweet. i glad to see JH have a change of heart. i cant wait to see how their fake married will go like.

• Like 11

Just watched subbed episode 3. Ooof the wait was agonizing, and the episode more painful.

It was tough to watch women get treated horribly in different ways in one episode. But then you see how our girls handle all this abuse of power exerted on them. They know certain realities, but they choose not to be defeated by them. Ji Ho may feel like she lost right now, but quitting that toxic work environment was absolutely a win for her. You did well, Ji Ho, you definitely did well. 

ji_ho.jpg

I'm looking forward to where the writer is going with the women in her story: Su Ji in her workplace, Ho Rang and her longtime bf (reminds me a bit of the second couple in the drama Fight My Way), and Ji Ho with her patriarchal family, maybe even Ji Ho's mom has a story to tell later on. It's tricky addressing sensitive issues without the show sounding like a PSA or ending up communicating the wrong message instead.

But I'm being optimistic after watching episode 3. It's definitely eerily well-timed with current events like @Camillajames said. But if this show aims to talk about marriage and dating in this day and age, then I'm glad to see the woman's perspective given more focus here. Bring on the discussions!

But now what about Mr. Unromantically?-Unintentionally?-Uncharacteristically?-Whatever-it-is-it’s-definitely-SWOONy Nam Se-hee though?

200w.gif

Gosh, I loved this episode because of the girls and their friendship, but Lee Min Ki does not waste one second of any screen time given to him. I dig this character. I totally do. I miss his presence whenever he’s not in a scene, and I get too excited for my own good when Ji Ho and Se Hee are together. It’s so strange. I get him, I see myself in him, I want to know everything there is to know about his past and his story as a character, and yet I’d also be contented with getting to know Se Hee just the way he is now. I just want MOAR.

Those scenes with his mom and Mr. Ma both noting that he needs to be more ‘normal’ makes me wonder if he gets affected whenever he hears that. Maybe he’s heard that all his life, and he’s learned to not let it bother him anymore. Or maybe he’s never been bothered by it and he never cared.:lol:

This show is gonna kill me with hypertension, heartache, or extreme giddiness. Maybe all three combined, dear dramagods help me.

Oooh and I’m so living for Kitty’s reaction shots. They’re all gold. I wonder how long it takes PD-nim to get just the right reaction from Kitty--she’s so precious.:wub:

giphy.gif

And sheesh. I cannot remember the last time I had a 14-hour long deep sleep!!! I don’t know if I should envy Ji Ho or worry about her body needing that much sleep.

Lastly, my favorite moment this episode: 

I'm laughing with hearts in my eyes because I love this show <3

• Like 14
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Camillajames said:

Sexual assault is about power and control, not about the victim somehow enticing and inviting assault

I agree with this statement and it's also very alarming and disgusting that men around SJ are able to freely dress her down when they deem necessary. The double standards are also appaling when her married co-worker stated that the boss told him to leave earlier than her to avoid nasty rumors. The writer is doing a very good job bringing awareness to workplace inequality. Sometimes as drama viewers we forget that dramas can also serve as a platform for writers to convey important social issues. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I'm so curious about what they're thinking when each of them asked "do you like me?"

I hope they will reveal it in future episode.Everyone in her prod team is richard simmons and so full of themselves. Im really glad she stood up for herself, that mustve been hard considering she even had to tell herself she did a good job to make herself feel better that cat so so great 

ji_ho.jpg&key=f5d9bb1fc78eb61ce5432429a3

• Like 11

@bedifferentWhat? :o Just because I had a cat aswell and I'm a little grumpy from time to time? :lol: Yeah, I do like statistics, but from what I have seen, the drama doesn't feel appealing to me. After his proposal at the end of ep2 the drama lost me. 

There are such so many things in the drama that doesn't really hook me. :D 

@triplemLu was way cuter!

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 4

I love this drama more and more. I was in a drama slump for a year and thanks to Age of Youth 2, I came back from it.  

This episode was hard to watch especially if you are a woman. Society, rapists, justice always want to make woman guilty about rape, sexual assault. It pissed me of.  

Anyway It seems they will be married next episode and I just have to ask how she will pay rent without a job. I really hope she won't return to this a**holes. 

• Like 8

I love this drama!

It gets better and better each episode.

I literally felt Ji Ho's pain and was wishing her off the bus at the end of Ep 2.

The whole drama is so melancholic and dreamy and I love the snippets of wisdom from Ji Ho.

Looking forward to the families meeting in tonight's episode.

• Like 12

3 hours ago, tigro said:

Loved the third episode. It was poignant and loved that realization and leap of faith from jiho at the end. The OST also enhances the scenes so much. And I also love her friends. Such a lovely drama! Can't wait for episode 4. 

I agree. There was so much deep emotions in this drama. I loved that she stood up for herself with her co-workers and didn't backdown like most female leads in dramas. The women are appearing to be a lot stronger in this drama than I expected.

Just loving this drama.

• Like 9

@tianaa @jongski @bedifferent @triplem @sakura2016 What caught my attention was JH's behaviour... each time, she was confronted with an unexpected situation, she asked why, like for example: 

- why are you proposing to me ?

- why are you doing this meeting ? aso.

So her question reveals more about her mentality: there must be a reason and a motive behind every unusual move.  In my opinion, she is used to be used by others hence she feels that behind a nice gesture, they have an hidden agenda. When the staff (writer, director and producer) was meeting her, they had indeed a hidden agenda. She is the one with ideas, they can use her creativity in order to make money, while treating her as inferior. Notice that they never said that they needed her, if they had done that, they would have revealed that she had the upper hand. Actually, she had the upper hand for two reasons: she could have pressed charges against the director and she is the one with the scripts. The other writer has been listed as the main writer but in reality, she profited from JH's work. Since SH gave her scripts back, he is the one who will support her not to give up on her dream. 

In her family, her father and brother always treated her as an object but they never said that they needed her as well. The reason why JH changed her mind was SH's kindness, when he helped the elderly woman. Due to his action, she gets aware that SH has no hidden agenda and was telling her the truth. Moreover, like she said, he is the first one who said that he needed her. Finally, unlike all the people she met, SH was the first to underline her "uniqueness": because it was you. These words point out that he would have never proposed to anyone else. So in this episode, both protagonists get a proposal: SH asked for her hand in marriage and JH does the same at the end of the episode. She also came to the same conclusion. Striking is that each time, both feel the need to ask about love: Do you like me ? This indicates that love is still a component for marriage, although they deny it. Yet, JH mentioned that she is expecting love and affection at some point. SH knows that now. 

About HR and SW: I think, I know why both aren't married yet. SW is an intellectual person: smart and he must have been diligent in his studies, however he lives in his own world. He lacks a sense of reality. He hasn't found any investors yet and in my opinion, he is relying too much on HR financially. She is the one who is supporting them. She seems to have two jobs: the one at the restaurant and the other at the furniture shop. SW doesn't feel the need to change their situation. He seems to be an idealistic, talking negative about rich people, nonetheless he doesn't notice HR's needs. She wants to improve her life, she can not work forever like that.  

• Like 12

15 hours ago, yusefull said:

I really love the ost (don't have the name yet) when in this episode she go to take the bus (I know the ost is in other episode). I find it calming and in the tempo of the drama.

I am the only one who find that the background of this image got a deeper meaning ? I don't understand it completly but I feel the necklace his around her neck and the hand are pushing him.

@yusefull.... I'm not sure if this the correct OST for that scene you mentioned. I'll verify later. Nevertheless this OST came along and posting it for your listening pleasure.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, lavender2love said:

.... I'm not sure if this the correct OST for that scene you mentioned. I'll verify later. Nevertheless this OST came along and posting it for your listening pleasure.

Thanks but it's not this one, I believe he hasn't be release yet. The one I talk about start at 55:08 of episode 3 just after SH say : "Because it was you." It's a ballad that begin with a piano, then  cello and then guitar. After come the voice of the man. He says ahhh ah ahhhhhhh stay with me....

• Like 7

After episode 3...what the hell did I just watch?. They didn't start their relationship with
love as most do, but their relationship started because they need each other??????. Hmmm,
this is a strange beginning of a relationship, but it's not impossible. If you watched this
far, you probably wonder as I'm, would their relationship work?. Will their relationship last?
Is this a love proposal? or is it a business proposal?. If it's a business proposal, will
this possibly blossom into romance one day?. I have to say, very good acting so far. The
story is simple, but the lead actor and actress definitely made me felt something start brewing
between the two of them. This drama is not rely on complex story line to pull the viewers
in. But, it relied on the actors and actresses skills to reach for the audiences feelings.
If you are looking for some thing different from normal daily love romance, I highly recommend
this drama. The actors and actresses did an excellent job so far.

• Like 8

On 9/3/2017 at 8:47 AM, mslee said:

As for LMK..im trying to remember where i'v seen him...but i'v yet to watch him in a drama.

Annyeong @mslee chingu, let me give you some tips on LMK's previous dramas.

180px-Lee_min_ki.jpg

Shut Up Flower Boy Band (tvN, 2012) cameo

Evasive Inquiry Agency (KBS2, 2007)

Dal Ja's Spring (KBS2, 2007)

I Really Really Like You (MBC, 2006)

MBC Best Theater - Taereung National Village (MBC, 2005)

Rainbow Romance (MBC, 2005)

Be Strong Geum Soon (MBC, 2005)

Drama City Boo Yong of Mt. Kyeryong (KBS2, 2005)

Drama City Oh! Sarah (KBS, 2005)

Drama City My Older Brother (KBS, 2004)

I first discovered LMK was from I Really Really Like You.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

16 minutes ago, alekaonu said:

Annyeong @mslee chingu, let me give you some tips on LMK's previous dramas.

In shut up flower boy band he really is a cameo so doesn't really count. I found is voice very robotic (with is really great in this drama. I only saw him in Dal Ja's Sring and Love truly. He is not that great of an actor but each time I was behind his character and happy when he won.

• Like 5

@alekaonu thanks for the info on lmk. Since you tagged me i'l share some gif

Spoiler

I really like her..

Twice he did this already to her..locking his door. Lol.

3.4.gif

And these two..seriously..i love to see what happens to them..

3.14.gif

3.15.gif

And of course this scene..

3.28.gif

It was her turn to ask..

3.29.gif

As if asking if he likes to eat or something trivial..

3.31.gif

Why ask her if she likes him..

3.32.gif

Did i see disappointment there..or maybe i read too much..lol

3.33.gif

Fun times will surely begin between these two.

• Like 14

22 minutes ago, yusefull said:

In shut up flower boy band he really is a cameo so doesn't really count. I found is voice very robotic (with is really great in this drama. I only saw him in Dal Ja's Sring and Love truly. He is not that great of an actor but each time I was behind his character and happy when he won.

The firts time i watched him was in a movie called Quick and i like him inmidiatly even a got atached to the actress too. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, CamelKnight said:

BTW is it just me who thinks that the female lead looks a lot like Park So Dam?

So, does Park So Dam look a bit like Jung So Min? Not sure who Park So Dam is, though I've liked JSM for a while. Welcome to the thread @CamelKnight. I suddenly seem to be seeing you on a number of drama threads that I've been on. :)

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

So, does Park So Dam look a bit like Jung So Min? Not sure who Park So Dam is, though I've liked JSM for a while. Welcome to the thread @CamelKnight. I suddenly seem to be seeing you on a number of drama threads that I've been on. :)

Park So Dam played main lead in Cinderella And The Four Knights. 

Thnx :) Yeah I try to be everywhere :D 

• Like 6