[Drama 2017] Because This Is My First Life 이번 생은 처음이라

Go Seung Ji

So the best Drama's are often underrated. I like the balance this drama has for all the major and minor characters. I feel JH's frustration with her life, and I think it mirrors a lot of 30 year olds are going through these days. Her father's favoritism for her brother has to be addressed in more then a laughing matter, because that's probably still an issue in Korean culture and society.

I'm really enjoying LMK's stoic and nonchalant attitude towards things, JH almost seems to care too much about people and how she is viewed and maybe he can teach her to just be happy with herself.

I can't wait for the slow burning romance between these two:wub:

• Like 6

4 hours ago, yusefull said:

It is me or are she accepted his proposal after two episodes ? I found it awesome and I want them married soon. They are so funny together.

Yes, I'm sure a contract will be drawn up on episode 3. But, It makes sense with the things she went through in those 24hrs not accept a proposal from a person who can give her peace and mind and a place to live.

He's getting married to make his mother happy, and because thats what society thinks he should do. And she's getting married because she wants a sense of security and she's had a crush on someone for 3 years that turned out to be real a**, so why not. Though I think both of them already get each other and have more in common then they think.  

• Like 10

20 minutes ago, ObsessiveCompulsive said:

Yes, I'm sure a contract will be drawn up on episode 3. But, It makes sense with the things she went through in those 24hrs not accept a proposal from a person who can give her peace and mind and a place to live.

He's getting married to make his mother happy, and because thats what society thinks he should do. And she's getting married because she wants a sense of security and she's had a crush on someone for 3 years that turned out to be real a**, so why not. Though I think both of them already get each other and have more in common then they think.  

I think he get his loan paid by his dad no ? The thing that the CEO say at the wedding.

I think the preview when he say it's because of her, it's true. She is the perfect woman for him if you don't get into account love. That don't mean he can't love her (he probably will) but for him, love is not a factor at this point in his life.

For her, I think she feel he won't hurt her. In the first episode, she feel conforted by him and relaxed even when he say weird things.

They are perfect for each other if you don't take love into account. I think that what the show want to show us for now.

• Like 10

20 hours ago, plappi said:

Nobody did recap? So sad ((( unfortunately I am at work at broadcast time ((( 

Glad to see dear @jongski

20 hours ago, andy78 said:

i read about the story and main characters seems will be funny to watch!Hello @plappi and   @jongski!  Nice to see you here i can't wait to read yours thoughts later!

@plappi @andy78 hello chingus. nice to see familiar faces.  What can I say.. I know a good drama when I  see one.

Thumbs up  rom-com  done right. Witty scrip. We'll written, I can appreciate and  watch all the way. Just finished Ep1. Wow  his quirky smile at the end. Her cheeky sheepish smile at the end. This drama got me good.

Lee Min Ki as Nam Se Hee who's quirky,  a smart one with dry sense of humor. Can analyze and give good piece of nonsense wisdom. The "Neocortex" explanation alone, the analogy of cats and humans, their lives, their emotions, of feeling depressed. As Ji Ho said, "That felt strange. his nonsense... comforted me more than anything else that day" ♡ ♡

Jung So Min as Ji Ho.  Aww.  Hug this girl.  She moved out of house she lived for 5 years. Got friend zoned after 3 years. Kissed a total stranger that night. At the end of  long day on she found the strength to smile. 

Ep 1 Title: ( Because This Is My 30th Birthday)

So the start of the drama we already see the patriarchal favoritism for dongsaeng.  Yoon Ji Hoo's little bro always getting the nod of the father getting to blow the cake every birthday but not Ji Hoo. On her 20th birthday she was able blow a candle and  wished on her Birthday. She became a writer and wished to be an excellent one.  But she's only an as an assistant writer for a drama series. 

Yoon Ji Ho world shattered ( so to speak) when she learned she will be an Aunt at the age of 30. That she has to live with little brother  and  the wife who's pregnant,  and have to share the house with them - the house she paid for,  including all the stuff in there. But the young sis in law going to have a boy, as usual the father  favored the son, and JH  can't live there knowing she's going to be (feeling) like the outsider.  Solution:  rent a  (bed)space/ room.  It's a town house/ condo like place. Owned by Nam See Hee( LMK)

How did she end up being his housemate? there was misunderstanding with former housemate  recommended by SG that left the room vacant. This disturbed the "algorithm"of SH. (Ha ha. IKR. don't asked me about thatis.  it just is... algorithim).  So balance of how he works, the routine was disturbed to the point that he won't do overtime which is needed  for the job he's doing. I'm still confused but something to do with  IT/ application devt - So  Sang Goo- the CEO/partner/ buddy of NS tried to fix the problem by doing something behind his back.  Mentioned to a buddy that NS looking for a housemate It which was then recommended by HoRang  (ex)partner Won Seok ( KMS)

JH and NS doesn't know each other yet ( middle part of the drama) And before she can sign a contract she had clean the kitchen, feed the kitten, make sure everything is done accordingly ( JH called this  rent internship. Ha ha) She accomplished the tasked. NS then left a note,  he would like to meet her for contract signing for  becoming  his roommate - he doesn't know that JH is a woman.  JH doesn't know know NS is a man.   No thanks to SG who orchestrated everything. Hah.

The last scenes.  JH attending a wrap party. whilst SH having dinner with his group at work. They met at the same place but they still don't know they're housemates. they got to hang outside,  SH a fan of Arsenal FC watching the game through phone, JH outside saw him, peek at what he was watching, got excited. Turns ou  also fan of Arsenal, she showed enthusiasm, discussed football with him... and in that moment. they jive, they  meshed they clicked. She suddenly opened about feelings of co worker, he said oh he's 7 out of 70, she said oh he's at least 9.. and list all the qualities....  "tall good, broad shoulder, good smile, good job" and then.. saw that he hugged girl.... and "he's got a girlfriend" which shattered her.  At that  moment football commentator announced GOAL (SH was still watching the match). The  she said, come to think of it, I've never been a striker in my life.

Ending scene:  Ji ho voice over

"I've moved out of house I lived for 5 years. Got friend zoned after 3 years. Kissed a total stranger.  Way to go,  Yoon Ji Hoo. This is not how I imagine I'd be living my life in my 30's. But considering it be my first time...it's not so bad"

IG ctto

• Like 9

After watching Epi 1, I'd say this drama is GOLD! Thank you TVN for having 2 actors as main lead actor and actress! Welcome back Lee Min Ki to drama world and Jung So min, congrats for this lead role. I've always felt she is so underrated for actress in 20's with Kfans and producers focusing more on having idols wannabe actors for lead roles.

Totally love the supporting casts too!

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, lindy01 said:

After watching Epi 1, I'd say this drama is GOLD! Thank you TVN for having 2 actors as main lead actor and actress! Welcome back Lee Min Ki to drama world and Jung So min, congrats for this lead role. I've always felt she is so underrated for actress in 20's with Kfans and producers focusing more on having idols wannabe actors for lead roles.

lol.. trust me there must be people like me out there who watched her in playful kiss adn would never want to watch it again..

and i did completely skip her scenes in father is strange because i didn't want to give her second chance.. but i am so glad i did give her that chance with this drama.. she is wonderful..

( now the only actress on my avoid list with zero hopes of actually recovering ever is lead from boys over flowers - she it the ultimate unbearable kinds..  and then that lead from wanted - her son got kidnapped)

• Like 2

Watched the 1st and 2nd episodes, and this drama has a fun, refreshing, and witty story-line. But, I totally wasn't expecting that marriage proposal. lol. Next episodes are going to be crazy, can't wait to watch it. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, lindy01 said:

totally agree...I always have considered tha she was understimated. I know when a watch a good acterss ans JSM is an amazing one. I have watched her before and i love her as actress. I am fed up about idols taking good oportunities without having  acting skills. 

I think she was amazing i Father is strange. 

This cast are veterans actors and actresses even they are very young and i apreciate that. I am really enjoying this drama, i love it. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

lol.. trust me there must be people like me out there who watched her in playful kiss adn would never want to watch it again..

The first time I tried to watch Playful Kiss…I declined because I though it was for teenagers but someday I was bored I gave it a try. I have to confess that I can’t remember how many times I have watched that drama. Every time I have nothing to watch or I am bored and need to laugh I re-watch my fav. Episodes or scenes. JSM stole my heart with that roll.

I am glad that finally you are giving her an opportunity.

:D

• Like 5

It's been a while since a drama made me feel this good. The dilemma faced by the female lead is relate-able and so far I'm loving it. The script is okay and the acting is on point.

Hope this will continue wow1-onion-head-emoticon.gif

• Like 8

OMG…ep 2 so good.

He is like a psycho. Is like he suffers OCD. He is too obsessive and I like his character. Ji Ho is perfect for him and I think that he made her that proposal because he knows that it will be difficult to find someone   that could match him like she does. He doesn’t see her in a romantic way but if his father is pushing him to get married, who is better than her?  For her is an opportunity to have a place where she can belong to,  and feel she is protected. These too are really lonely and lack of love.

I am excited to watch how Soo Ji and Sang Goo will develop their relation. I like Soo Ji character and way, she is the strongest woman in this group. She had already meet Sang Goo and they had an affair or a one night stand. The condom scene was hilarious, this relationship could be wild.

dancing crazy rabbit

• Like 11

1 hour ago, camichi said:

The first time I tried to watch Playful Kiss…I declined because I though it was for teenagers but someday I was bored I gave it a try. I have to confess that I can’t remember how many times I have watched that drama. Every time I have nothing to watch or I am bored and need to laugh I re-watch my fav. Episodes or scenes. JSM stole my heart with that roll.

I am glad that finally you are giving her an opportunity.

:D

glad you enjoyed it.. because it is the worst or maybe second worst remake of itazura na kiss.. the only thing it is credited with is fr having the most good looking naoki till date..

but yeah.. m glad she has improved by leaps and bounds

• Like 1

Hi guys! First time posting in this forum hehe.

Lee minki’s character really caught my attention and was just wondering if there’s a backstory as to why he is behaving in this way? Or perhaps that’s just his normal self.

First two episodes were great!! Can’t wait for more episodes~

• Like 5