[Drama 2002] Joyful Girl's Success Story 명랑소녀 성공

Guest YeeKrfan

Guest piano_lady
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what's clubbox have this series?

thanks a lot

hibino39...visit posole's CB, he has this series in HQ but it may takes some times to DL because it's an old files....but i think it's worth a try ^^

hello again SSBG lovers!!! can anybody pls share links for the song that has the words "LOVE SONG...LOVE SONG..." it is usually played whenever ki-tae goes running towards yang soon. many thanks!

****edit

nvm...found it at d-a....not downloading though... :(

found one again at the ost thread..gosh i have forgotten about that!

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

watching this drama now and really a great drama. Though it's old, it's one of the best of the dramas I have seen so far ! I want all such good dramas to be much longer than they are :P

EDIT: p.s: hey ... my sis wanted to know the actor's name who played Young chan in this drama can anyone please PM me if they know it. We couldn't find it though after extensive search on him (as his name wasn't mentioned anywhere in the Cast of the drama). Thank you

• 3 months later...

Reading all the comments it is interesting how many mentioned how different K-drama are before and after Success Story. This show was one of the big turning points in K-drama in my mind, and because of its huge popularity at the time 2002, certain elements have been constantly used in light comedy dramas ever since.

I have often read in other site people comments that this drama is boring as they seen it all before, of course what they do not take into account is that this was made in 2002 and they seen it all before because this drama was the first of its type, that is still going strong today.

Jang Nara was barely in her 20's but was already well on her way of becoming the k-pop princess of korea, after Success story she was becoming one of the most sort after actress, indeed I read she was paid a record amount to make the film Oh Happy Days. In many ways Success Story was her big break in acting in Korea, just like her performance in Bratty Princess was in China.

Her acting in Success Story was in many way right out of her sitcom NonStop cute tomboy but with a soft heart, I believe the hardest bit for her was to speak in the country accent/dialect [witch was yet anther element from this drama that became something of fad after it was made in other dramas]

I think her best acting was in Wedding, it was the first roll she plays where she leaves the tomboy image completely behind and is totally feminine

Guest lilsh0rtnancy

MQ English subbed

SSBG01 - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U5D22G60

]

Thank you so much for sharing! Can you tell me if the subs are better than the ones posted on D-Addicts? The ones on d-addicts seem to be off on the timing and missing some lines (sometimes at crucial points I think).

I'm currently watching this drama and I'm loving it! The main girl's speech was kind of annoying at the beginning, but Jang Nara's acting definitely fits the role well.

Jang Hyuk reminds me A LOT of Hyun Bin, but Jang Hyuk seems to be more manly whereas Hyun has more of a boyish charm.

Guest riehae

This is like the first Korean drama that aired in my country.

I wasn't into Korean at all that time so I wasn't able to appreciate this that much.

But later on, I watch this from time to time.

Or when I feel like it.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest myrmidon

Thank you so much for sharing! Can you tell me if the subs are better than the ones posted on D-Addicts? The ones on d-addicts seem to be off on the timing and missing some lines (sometimes at crucial points I think).

The answer is yes... sort of. From what I can tell, the reason why several scenes are not subbed is that the DVD rip versions are longer (by about 10 minutes) than the earlier version (which I'm guessing is the TV broadcast version). The original subs were made for the shorter version, but were later re-timed for the extended version, so the extra scenes lack any subtitles. The MQ hardsubbed version seems to be the original broadcast version, so the subs are complete (but only because you're losing the extra scenes).

Or at least that's what I think is going on.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

For all those that liked this movie. There is a Taiwanese Drama starting August 4th. You might want to keep a look out.

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Sunshine_Angel

http://koalasplayground.com/2011/07/31/sunshine-angel-to-premiere-on-ttv-next-week-and-wu-zun-attends-the-press-conference-solo/

It already aired in China and I watched the RAW. It is such a close remake although not scene for scene that I knew what is going even without subs. I liked rainie and Wu Chun. It was an nice update and I still enjoyed the story.

Smi

• 3 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...

After watching Fated to Love You, I watched this, English subbed, in YT.
I enjoyed watching Jang Nara and Jang Hyuk together again. I could see the expressions and their mannerisms that I saw in FTLY here too. I had qualms watching this but luckily I did! I had a great time laughing at their antics.
I wouldn't be watching this again since I think they were better in FTLY but nonetheless, I wasn't disappointed with this series. It's a good watch but definitely the best. I just hope they have more pairings together. 8->

Archived