archived topic questions

ecs707a

Question

I was wondering how long a thread has to be inactive before it gets archived (2 years?).  Just curious, because I recently realized that one of my threads was archived at some point and I didn't even notice.  Oops. 

And related, I assume I could get it unarchived if I wanted, correct?  Contact a mod or admin?  Because I was actually going to post in that thread when I realized I couldn't.  Although if it's a big hassle for everyone, it probably isn't that important to unarchive it.  I only wanted to post a short news update that 2 people would read (optimistically), and then 2 years would go by and it would get archived again.  Heh.

10 answers to this question

Yeah, I'd like to know the exact timeframe, if possible.  Because I'm nosy like that :D

20 hours ago, CamelKnight said:

He would also be able to unarchive it for you, but to do that, we would need to know what thread you want to unarchive :)

It's this thread

On 7/28/2017 at 2:42 PM, Hanyeoun said:

It takes 2 years of inactivity for a thread to be locked and archived. I unarchived it but I'm unsure if it was successfully done.

Please check out from your end and let me know if there's any issue with it.

Looks fine to me too.  Thanks!

On 1/5/2019 at 2:58 PM, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Hello ther is archived thread of yonghwa. can you unarchive for me?

Send me the link to the thread that you want to un-archive.

Archived