[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Letting You Float Like A Dream 许你浮生若梦

sugarplum892

@lizzieyen @siobhanne  LFS's dad looks perfect...when his stills first came out, it already caught my attention. And yes, all three ZYL's characters in this drama feels different, just like Guardian. It is believable they are completely different characters. When did ZYL confess his love to various women??? lol Poor Hong Lan...XXC basically threatened HL to marry him or else he will hurt LFS... which is why I literally want to tear XXC apart when Brother Lin went to confront him about abusing HL. XXC (twisted mind) said you like her, you don't marry her. She like LFS, he didn't marry her. You all ruin my life! Why do I have to marry her! (WTFH!!!??? You got old-man amnesia or something? You are the one who force her to marry you...She don't want to and your father is no longer forcing you...It is all you!!! You crazy man!!!) 

I think her dad knows that she doesn't like the man and he knows that his dad schemed for his son to take away her innocence, yet, he basically still want her to marry the guy because of family reason. 

An Ni married the old Lin because (another ridiculous and illogical reason) she don't want old Hong and LFS's dad to lose their friendship over her. Both guys love her and she love LFS's dad but she owe old Hong for some reason. So she married old Lin who treated her nice (what reason is that?) That's why when LFS's dad asked her whether she love old Lin...she hesitated. So she married another guy to save the friendship between her lover and savior??? Scriptwriter, we need to have a talk...:P

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@BreezeC he played 3 characters who confessed their love : p. 

so that's what An Ni meant, I was so confused, why was she suddenly talking about Hong, was Hong her brother, why doesn't he want Lou to marry her, business reasons??? etc : p I should have known that of course the whole world has to be in love with her. 

That's so stupid. Why is it acceptable for guys to become total wackos and suddenly the woman is at fault. If she doesn't like you, get over it, she has a right to choose. Instead she married a third dude, because somehow she would be at fault if she wanted a bit of happiness for herself. Crazy. 

Thanks @BreezeC  for responding ! Hong daddy also wanted to confront Xu daddy when he found out that Hong Lan was drugged together with XXC and they slept together (pre marital virginity was a big deal!) but he didn’t (despite his tear) as his second wife advised him to take the big picture into account!! 

I stopped at ep37 and watched ep40 because I personally detest China’s need to have every Republican drama incorporate some CCP/ anti Japanese resistance. I could still stomach the birth secret despite the gaping illogicality but the sudden change in TY’s character to be a patriot was so so weird. Her interactions with LFS were also so stilted compared to prior to ep37 and ep40 that it felt like it’s a different show. ZYL and AYX have chemistry though , even the few minutes in modern time brought a smile to my face (in contrast I didn’t think that ZYL had a lot of chemistry with Viann Zhang in Border Town Prodigal). Oh yes @siobhanne sorry but I didn’t realize that Eng sub for BTP was only until ep 20 and the rest was in a different language! 

I am quite convinced the rumor that this drama was used to jumpstart XXC career in China is true - in fact if you see the earlier posters, An Yue Xi is in the middle flanked by both ZYL and the actor playing XXC. It’s only after ZYL got popular with Guardian that the promos/posters focused on ZYL and AYX. This adaptation is really about TY and the men who love her and not the love story of Fu Sheng and Tian Ying which it is now touted to be because of ZYL’s new found popularity. In fact, I was even thinking that they may have added in parts subsequently to give more screen time to ZYL and shipping moments to fans due to the disjointed nature post ep36! 

@lizzieyen There's certainly no reason that the story demands why there should be so much XXC in it. I don't know why people want to take shortcuts like this, he obviously needs to learn more before he is ready for big/complex roles, if ever. Obviously the person wants the challenge if it is offered to him, but why the people around him push and the other people accept, when they should see the result. Do they think the audience is blind?

@lizzieyen  I agree that ZYL and AYX does have a lot of chemistry. My first impression of AYX is cutie and adorable character so when I know she paired up with ZYL in this drama I hesitated a bit because I thought she was rather too young. Then I checked her age and she is only one year younger than ZYL. I really like her now because of her acting and there seems to be certain maturity to her that I like. Sometime when they are both staring at each other, I feel like they are at the same level and there is a bond of friendship and understanding between them that is hard to explain. I guess I seen ZYL's many co-stars (yes, that includes Viann) and their acting is just not convincing enough. I really like this pairing and I am glad it is not a too romantic love story but a subtle maturing type of love story. 

@siobhanne Unfortunately, this is very common in the industry. For whatever reason, a lot of second leads even side characters may get a lot of screen time because of 'behind the scene' maneuver. It's the entertainment industry and 'acting' never really comes first. I am sooo familiar with this type of maneuver that I am no longer surprise...and trust me, it actually does work and I am fine with it because there are times that unknown actor/actress does get popular this way...BUT!!! that will have to depend on the characterization and some level of acting of that person. In this drama, this is an epic failure. If they are seriously trying to promote XXC (which all evidences lead to the fact it is true and ZYL is apparently too nice and too free and decided to try out this character) that's fine but they did a terrible job of promotion him because his character doesn't make sense. Nothing to like about him, no sympathy for him, and he is not even that hot and handsome as an antagonist. If I am not a fan of ZYL, nor did ZYL became popular and I watch this drama, honestly I will still be more interested/intrigue with LFS than XXC. In comparison, in Xin Xiao Shi Yi Lang, ZYL is the antagonist and he does have a lot of screen time because it is his own company's production but at least he put the effort in making his character believable... You may not like him but you understand his point and sympathize him and when he turns evil, he looks hot and charming. Even if you hate him, it is because of his wrongdoing but XXC??? You pretty much hate him because he is unreasonable, illogical, and delusional. I am sorry I can't relate to that. Production team, if you are trying to promote him, you absolutely fail. If ZYL is the second lead of this drama, he will still steal the show.  Sorry... I rant too much...

@BreezeC obviously you would like LFS more. As I wrote, I went into this with the expectation and hope of liking XXC and being upset about his downfall. Like other good actors have managed before. I don't mind second lead scenes if it's done well and serves the story. It's when it's boring that I dislike it. 

Hehehe. Actually I also kept thinking when I watched that ZYL would have killed in that role. If it were switched.. I would find LFS boring. 

@BreezeC @siobhanne  I think ZYL has chemistry with Ady An in Royal Sister Returns - it’s also subbed on YT I believe. The logic holes are also gaping but the first 10 episodes were great. He is actually a carefree character - his name literally means He (surname) Happy! Just FF and watch their scenes when the logic gets out-of-whack. He also had chemistry with Yang Rong in Three Lifetimes but he was second lead there. I totally agree that if the actor is good, he can own the show - my first time watching ZYL was in Three Lifetjmes and totally had second lead syndrome (bear in mind his character was actually quite awful initially as well so it really speaks to his acting skill). And yes, the character LFS can be pretty one-note if not interpreted well , so in short I am so very happy that ZYL is getting the recognition he deserves. He needs to get another big role in a well produced drama which has mass appeal like Ashes of Love or Journey of Flower which would then push him from popular to famous. Jin Dong, Wang Kai and even Zhao Li Ying we’re not super famous before that one big break so 2018 is ZYL’s year! 

@lizzieyen yeah, I agree with your chemistry notes. Cctv stopped subbing that show after 20 episodes, so frustrating. But yeah, the beginning was fun. Even though his outfits were a bit horrendous and someone talked over him if I remember right? But I skipped the other parts because it was horrendous melodrama. The second guy in that makes XXC shine in comparison ;)

@lizzieyen @BreezeC https://weibo.com/6306582185/Fo1XcfWNx I found this old bit of promotion. It's all Zhu Yi Long and An Yue Xi, so it seems they weren't planning to make it a 2nd male lead vehicle more than it ended up being. Just there are too many of his scenes, probably because of sponsorship, but it seems to me the plans didn't change after Zhu Yi Long got popular, other than An Yue Xi got pushed to the back. But the second male lead's position wasn't prominent in the promotions before either.

7 hours ago, siobhanne said:

Good news! Viki got the license of Granting you a dreamlike life. I think the 1st episode is supposed to drop today, and hopefully some subbers will work on it : )

YEAHHHHHH FINALLY!!!!!  I'm in seventh heaven RN!!!!! 1518253953.gif
Ep 1 is already out and subbed (eng for now but I hope in Italian as well soon), I've already saw it.... can't wait for Italian BUT english is good as well for me... even because I'm waiting to watch the serie since it went out the 7th of September... such a long long wait... I so need to feed my soul and eyes with some new images of ZYL LOL 1518253604.gif7027799occhioni.gif
The second ep is already listed for tomorrow so I couldn't be happier  cheer international fans!!!!! 1518254695.gif

• 2 weeks later...

@BreezeC Very good video! Thank you for sharing! Please make more:D. How about incorporating the devastating ending this time?

By the way, your video makes me realize how good ZYL in white. Black is kind of male color. All male wear black looks good to me. But white is kind of yes/no. There is something in white that makes ZYL much more appealing in my eyes:wub:

@xienrue hahahaha...Thanks! I plan to create one which includes the devastating ending but I need to come up with a fitting sad song first lol

I agree with you because the white shirt at the beginning scene in the video is my favorite look for him in this drama :wub: Honestly, he looks good in anything...even that rather overly long dark green coat hehehe

• 3 weeks later...

This is my first time writting here. I one of those who discovered ZYL in Guardian, and got hooked by him. I came to watch this drama because of him. I knew the female lead, I watched her in Whirlwind Girl 2, and didn't have any thoughts on her, good or bad, but I liked her acting here a lot. I think her and ZYL are the saving graces of this drama... actually, not just that, I liked the clothes the staff picked for ZYL and AYX, they both look gorgeous. To be fair, I liked almost all the clothes.

At this moment I've seen some of the previous ZYL's roles, I've watched Border Town Prodigal and Royal Sister Returns (whole episodes while there was eng subs, and only his scenes when there wasn't subs anymore)  and I feel like he really owns each one of them. When he takes a role he isn't ZYL anymore. It doesn't matter if the plot is messy or without any logic, he become the character, I've read that he does that for Fu Hong Xue he even drank less watter, and he refuse to treat his eyes (the sand was hurting him), because he thought the dehidrated lips and red eyes suited the role better. 

And about ZYL acting spoiling us... I've been watching the tv show Inhumans kind of like white noise, or something to watch while eating, that I can easily drop when I need to get going. And every single time I see Black Bold, who can't talk so they wanted an actor who can convey emotions through his whole body and face, I can't stop laughing and rolling my eyes. Seriously? Avery single role of ZYL, even the smallest one, delivers more emotions... 

I'm slowly catching up on the english subbed episodes on viki. I didn't realize Tian Ying didn't know that Tianci wasn't her brother when they grew up! Ewwww! But I understand his dad a bit more now, he saw through how little respect Tian Ying would get in XXC's household. But still, ewwwwww, so much more ewww than before. 

LFS is awesome as always. All the timed comments are so biased towards him, I'm loving it : D

• 2 weeks later...

YAY! Last night finally finished to watch the serie and I just want to say.. .that I REALLY love it. I enjoyed A LOT and it kept me on the edge of my seat few times LOL  The serie is not so bad, not perfect but with a not so granted ending! I love the love story between Tianying e Fusheng... really a big love even if sad...  I'm MADLY in love with Fusheng... a gangstar we see through the serie not just from his violent and ruthless side as gangstar BUT and moreover for his faithful, unselfish, respectful, supportive, sincere and loving side... he slowly manages to break through the heart of Tianying and conquer her with all this qualities that none other men has, neither Xingcheng, neither Tianci. The story grows bigger as the serie procedes... until the final climax... I poured a lot of tears along all the way... Fusheng made me emotional a lot of times also and moreover due to the extraordinary acting of our Zhu Yilog...

I've hated the great egoism of Tianying's brother Tianci, as much as the one of Xingcheng... none of them has even thought about Tianying feelings... Lan Lan is hateful as well but you really can't hate her complitely...
ZYL and his co-star has got a good chemistry, I found good also the actor who plays Xingchang...  and not bad also the actors who played the olders...
I'll re-watch surely the whole serie once we'll end the italian translation on Viki, I'm so happy and proud of been able to contribute to the translation in my native language for this amazing serie! ^_^

I found this right now on YT... it's really well done, good watch ;)

[it's spoilering so watch it only if you've saw all the eps]

[it

@katthy I'm glad you enjoy the drama!!! You are point on with Lu Fu Sheng! I love this character soooo much that I still can't get over it lol His love with TY is soooo unselfish and soooo sincere. I have started reading the novel and I loving LFS more and more... He is just too good to be true. He is like a devil with the heart of an angel... I need a LFS in my life...I will not wait like TY and throw myself at him (I know...In my dream, right? Lol) I don't know why...I love almost all of ZYL's characters but I don't know why LFS has such a lasting effect on me. Not even Shen Wei have this effect on me and I love SW!

I want to praise you for doing the translation in your own language. I tried translating something for 5 mins and I am exhausted already, I can't imagine doing it for an entire drama!!! 

12 hours ago, BreezeC said:

@katthy I'm glad you enjoy the drama!!! You are point on with Lu Fu Sheng! I love this character soooo much that I still can't get over it lol

YEAH! I'm still SO into it too... so hard to let him go...  so so hard... it's almost like I felt after I finished Guardian... it was also hard for me to let Shen Wei go... well.. actually I think that I still didn't do it completely... LOL

His love with TY is soooo unselfish and soooo sincere. I have started reading the novel and I loving LFS more and more... He is just too good to be true. He is like a devil with the heart of an angel... I need a LFS in my life...I will not wait like TY and throw myself at him (I know...In my dream, right? Lol)

exactly!!! couldn't have said it better... happy reading dear, and happy dreaming! ^^ (sometimes it's also enought and good to be able to dream...) ;)

I don't know why...I love almost all of ZYL's characters but I don't know why LFS has such a lasting effect on me. Not even Shen Wei have this effect on me and I love SW!

eheheh... I can understand you perfectly!!!  You don't even know how many screen caps I've saved of him... ZYL's characters are really different but all so perfect... you can't help it but fall for them... agree! For me it'll be hard also let go Fusheng indeed!!! 

Here just few caps :P

Spoiler

7348983vlcsnap_2018_09_11_17h38m36s154.p

8231265vlcsnap_2018_09_11_18h00m38s307.p

6696904vlcsnap_2018_09_11_23h15m00s700.p

Granting_0.png

vlcsnap-2018-11-04-23h32m46s982.png

vlcsnap-2018-11-08-00h55m31s655.png

tumblr_pi34lhVU921s8mqjio1_1280.png

tumblr_pi34lhVU921s8mqjio3_1280.png

tumblr_pi34lhVU921s8mqjio4_1280.png

tumblr_pie8pvJwTm1s8mqjio2_1280.png

I want to praise you for doing the translation in your own language. I tried translating something for 5 mins and I am exhausted already, I can't imagine doing it for an entire drama!!! 

oh thanks dear! actually we are three girls that are working on it so... we can split the work... but also the Viki subbing system is very simple so we manage to do it relatively quickly :D

Archived