Genre: Pre-modern, Romance

Episodes: 40

Director:  Gao Han

Broadcast Period: 9/7/2018

Cast:

Zhu Yi Long

An Yue Xi

Synopsis:

A food critic, Lin Jing Yun who was born and bred in France, returns to her family home to find an old diary that chronicles a love story between a popular actress Tian Ying/Lin Ruomeng and the son of a triad leader, Luo Fu Sheng during 1930s Shanghai.

Cr mydramalist

Letting You Float Like A Dream 许你浮生若梦 Viki Episodes

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

Letting You Float Like A Dream 许你浮生若梦 Viki Episodes

Letting You Float Like A Dream 许你浮生若梦 Raw Episodes

An Yue Xi 安悦溪 Official Thread

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to moderators @angelangie
 l akinahana89 l LavelyShai

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

a story within a story type of deal. Someone from the modern times returns from studying abroad and stumbles upon a diary. The diary tells the stories of people from the past that are closely connected to the modern leading characters. Yue Xi plays a singer in here and Yi Long is the overbearing adopted son of a rich businessman, operating his entertainment places such as tea rooms, salons, movie theaters.

006SNM7vly1ftmf9bnlc1j31kw0w0kjl.jpg

This drama  is pick up by youku I think

Zhu Yi Long again after life story

Definitely going to have a super miserable first-life story, but is it possible to hope that he will actually be happy in the modern life? Or are the Chinese just too addicted to misery? 

If I understood correctly, Zhy Yi Long's own interpretation of Princess is Back/Royal Sister Returns is that it had a happy ending. Although it totally has an open ending. So is an open ending like the pinnacle of happiness in Chinese dramas or what?

Anyway. His character looks fun. Female character looks like any other female character in Chinese dramas, but at least watchable. 

If I'm not mistaken Zhu Yi Long does his own voice acting in this? In some scenes it sounded like him but in others I wasn't sure. I know why they use it but I think having a different person dub really reduces the quality of acting.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been watching some clips. So much slash. So much. The cat and mouse dynamic between the leads is a bit too much for me as well. And not looking forward to the triangle and all the nonsense that comes with it. Mum, I'm getting so old :bawling:. Still going to watch this for Zhu Yi Long doing action in those tight pants. Plus okay, to see how he plays this role. But mainly the pants. 

@RPM Haha. I'm actually a tiny bit pissed off that just because this is obviously a straight drama they get away with so much queer baiting but a drama with an emotional core like guardian barely fed us any explicit scenes and ended up banned. My envy is sky high. Looking forward to new fan manipulations though. 

Archived