[Drama 2017] Temperature of Love 사랑의 온도

larus

Hi @Pointree you are lucky one....but so sad no Hyun Jin.... Leave Se Jong lonely alone. But then again it awkward that only Se Jong gets the award not her... 

Wow is this from your phone? Se Jong did not wave to the fans but we know his style already esp when he is nervous... 

5 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

Omg, HJ isn't even nominated for Top Excellence Actress?!!!! WHY?

How is that possible? This makes no absolute sense.

Is it because she's nominated in Daesang?! Huhhhh?

Edit: Wait... was that for Wed-Thu category? Ooops

Yes I read in Soompi that was for Wed and thursday category. The one that Suzy won.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No wonder Hyun Jin is not winning since Lee Bo Young is there and furthermore whisper ratings is much higher... Yes the winners tonight many from Whisper. Ratings is definately powerful indication.

But still WYWS ratings is just about the same with TOL...but they won 3 categories....

But since Se Jong won, I will cheer for him.   

27 minutes ago, Pointree said:

@Jusyed  yes It's my video. It was taken with my Panasonic 4K camera. 

Did you manage to attend the ceremony too?

@goodsoup Happy new year to you too and all the Tolovers. 

@mademoisellesia You can eat and then sleep now...unless you are waiting for KBS to end. 

I guess afterwards we will meet often at Yang Se Jong thread rather than TOL. 

KCmxjjt.jpg

@supergal99 I'm trying to tilt my head to watch your firework!:tongue: did you filmed it from your new place? wow great view to be able to see the fireworks from marina bay?

I see everyone has a great time yesterday! (ok despite the disappointments) I guess I am fated not to be here? since HJ did not turn up and did not win any awards. (don't start me on this about SBS bwahaha) BUT I am HAPPY that SeJong won New comer award!

YAY congratulations! to chef nim!

G0oEWTF.gif

He looks so nervous on the red carpet and especially for his speech! (no noona to calm his nerves there but another chaka? to wipe his sweat? :lol:)

@Pointree great HQ video! only if HJ was there too...

@mademoisellesia was worth it for you waiting up for it since you get to see handsome SJ and him winning the award! wow KBS gave out 6????? best couple awards? SBS got stingy this year since their dramas didn't do as well I guess...but oh well

I thought it was really funny of YYS to call SeoHyun by Seo Hyun Jin hahaha

I haven't watched SBS drama awards in full, I guess there is no need now for me lol, I'll just catch the clips I need to watch would be sufficient.

@Jusyed LBY won not just because of drama ratings, she is good too. I cannot fault SBS for letting LBY win but I do grumble at SBS for tweaking the award category in such a way that is disadvantageous to HJ. And that some others won which should not have really. (well that is in my own opinion)

@goodsoup ikr, what's TOL without OnSoo couple? yeah pity HJ didn't turn up in pretty gown with SJ on red carpet, might help to calm his nerves a bit.:tongue:

@mademoisellesia sigh... reality...both JiSung and UhmJiKoon were really good in Defendant. they can only give one Daesang but they have to give UJK an award too...and ermmm best character award? isn't it better if he got Top excellence award just saying? 

@supergal99 batting-eyelashes-yahoo-emoticon.gif?130

Are you sure? I wonder what this is? hee-hee-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301948998

Spoiler

image.png

COME!!!

KC_BOBO_caption.gif&key=0638d4c6a5e52d1d

Happy New Year 2018 everyone.

Last night I was too tired to even realise we've said goodbye to 2017! It's still feel surreal that we're in 2018!

@angel2013 I pretty much could have shut down my PC and go to sleep in the first half of the show coz Se Jong got his award almost immediately the show started. But then I stayed on thinking hey, I got other biases to see and maybe it wouldn't be so bad (which I now regret). KBS always make sure they distribute their awards evenly to those they find worthy (of investment), that's why you often see two winners of Daesang, two winners of Excellence Actresses this year for mini series (Jang Nara and Kim Ji Won) for example. Their Top Excellence awards are higher rank than MBC's/SBS's because it consists of nominees from all categories, so this year Namgoong Min and Jung Ryu Won got it.

2 hours ago, angel2013 said:

LBY won not just because of drama ratings, she is good too. I cannot fault SBS for letting LBY win but I do grumble at SBS for tweaking the award category in such a way that is disadvantageous to HJ. And that some others won which should not have really. (well that is in my own opinion)

If they had remained "consistent" in the categories with their awarding system, maybe there will be less backlashes every year. As in if Lee Bo Young, Seo Hyun Jin, Suzy, Nam Ji Hyun, Lee Young Ae etc etc are all nominees for Best Actress, then whoever wins means that person truly deserves it. With their current system, we fully know it's not fair and square. Not only it's based on ratings/sales, but also attendances, which is bull. Actually it's more disadvantageous for WYWS because then it decreases the chances for her since LBY and SHJ are stronger contenders. However, like Larus said, they do this to reward the actors and say thank you for racking $$$ for them. Therefore, after first few years of fuming over this, I've finally developed immunity towards it now. I still shake my head each year though, over the absurdity, but I also admire their 'creativity' of new categories each & every year :D  It's entertaining nonetheless, lol!

---

Oh! Off topic a bit. This is about Voice. News just came out that Lee Hana will return for Voice 2, but not Jang Hyuk and Kim Jae Wook.

@supergal99 phew you saved us! :wink: this tweaking is acceptable :lol: 

@mademoisellesia SBS did not make known its categories and nominations beforehand for us to make a better and well-informed decision and we have to go with our heart to make the bet :rolleyes: Well we all know its always down to the dollars and cents for these broadcast stations. But I wonder did WYWS really bring in that much? since their ratings only slightly better than TOL. :blink: Anyway HJ has APAN, Baeksang and Grimae Awards under her belt, which is much more reputable than SBS awards. :rolleyes:

Spoiler

MTG is in prison for murder, how to resurrect him?(unless he has a twin brother lol) just with Lee Hana may not be interesting enough, they need another strong male lead like Jang Hyuk for Voice 2 to entice me again. What about secret forest2?any news? I am forever waiting for my Signal2....hiaks

4 hours ago, angel2013 said:

@supergal99 phew you saved us! :wink: this tweaking is acceptable :lol: 

@mademoisellesia SBS did not make known its categories and nominations beforehand for us to make a better and well-informed decision and we have to go with our heart to make the bet :rolleyes: Well we all know its always down to the dollars and cents for these broadcast stations. But I wonder did WYWS really bring in that much? since their ratings only slightly better than TOL. :blink: Anyway HJ has APAN, Baeksang and Grimae Awards under her belt, which is much more reputable than SBS awards. :rolleyes:

Reveal hidden contents

MTG is in prison for murder, how to resurrect him?(unless he has a twin brother lol) just with Lee Hana may not be interesting enough, they need another strong male lead like Jang Hyuk for Voice 2 to entice me again. What about secret forest2?any news? I am forever waiting for my Signal2....hiaks

Damnit, I lost everything I typed out. Now I've to re-type all again :(

HAHAHA, you girls!!! rofl.gif  I expected you guys to back out on it anyway. Back then we were all running away from Ki Chul's BOBO too.

Yeah, at the end of the day these awards are no big deal because it's nothing like the Oscars or Emmy's where it's based on acting chops. Few years back, I read that GHJ never attends awards shows coz she knows the BS behind this and can't care less about them. I say good on her. But truthfully, I didn't realise TOL is this underrated until last night.  broken-heart-yahoo-emoticon.gif?13019489

You know what I'm really curious about? — it's how SBS know who isn't coming & decide who will the winners be?! I do see actors genuinely is surprised they got the award so the list can't have been leaked. Do they ask the actors to RSVP them in advance whether they'll attend coz they would have to prepare the award cards the presenters held on stage, isn't it? Or they print it out on the spot???

Spoiler

As far as I know, WYWS is racking in the $$$ from overseas' markets. It was airing on iQiyi the same time with South Korea. Plus with both leads' popularity and statuses overseas, it's already a win-win for SBS no matter the ratings in-house. The OSTs by LJS and Suzy, and the copyrights they can sell to other countries, all = more $$$.

I'm watching C-sub of the first half of SBS awards and it just occur to me that the ones who were given an award also represent their statuses (or level of worth) to the broadcasting stations. For example: I remember back in 2011 and 2012, City Hunter and Faith weren't considered a huge success for SBS, but they gave LMH an award. Not saying he doesn't deserve them; he does (and these 2 dramas were still his best IMO), but he was the only one SBS acknowledged coz they knew he's star power. Sad to say, it's still the same thing to this day. SBS is lucky they got away with JW and JCW serving the MS this year. JCW's fans are unhappy he is being overlooked (I suppose JW's fans are the same). If both JCW and JW were also there last night, SBS would have to create more awards like they did for JIS and LJS previous years for LJS, JW and JCW. I didn't watch Defendant, but I trust Um Ki Joon is also a Daesang-worthy actor having seen his other works, SBS could've given a dual Daesang. It wouldn't be the first anyway.

As for Voice, isn't MTG dead coz he was attacked at the end?! But if he's not dead, then it's easy to resurrect him e.g. he broke out of the hospital (this happened in Black). No news on SF 2 or Signal 2 yet. Probably not any time soon since writer of Signal is working on another project first. I'm also waiting for Misaeng 2.

From SBSDramazip Facebook

26000905_135191240483557_54467998925536026165726_135190643816950_230842467081301

@mademoisellesia Ohh its Gun PD!!! Kyaa!! HAHA.. I didn't see him last night... OMG.. He is indeed clean.. He is now added to my favorite list of Korean PDs.. :tongue:

So that's it for this era I guess..? Totally disappointed. *curse SBS* They should've done the awards per genre. To think that they abolished Top 10 Star Awards.. *F**k They really saved money from giving little awards this year. I bet the categories will change yet again this 2018.. At the end of the day, everything is all about money and investment.

This year KBS Drama Awards is the most uncontroversial. I also felt that last night's aura in SBS Drama Awards was a little bit darker and not a stunner compared to last year. 

Nonetheless, Congratulations to Yang Se Jong for the well deserve award. Our boy was nervous and still awkward which I find too cute and funny at the same time. So different in the characters that he has played.. Also, those plump cheeks and can I just say that last night he looks chubby and I feel like his tuxedo is a little bit small? HAHA.. Meanwhile, TOL Team was so far from the back it made my heart ache. Thank God, Se Jong has been given enough attention during the show. My heart aches whenever Seo Hyun Jin appeared on screen. I MISS HER... I was seriously keeping my hopes up that she would miraculously turn up during Part 2 but.. but.. no Hyun Jin in my New Year's Eve.. -_- She may not have gotten an award last night but I'm happy to hear the claps during her VCRs. I love her stint with Kim Won Hae... :D

The one who made my night better and cracked me up so much was Yoo Yeon Seok.. HAHAHA.. He was so flustered and cute.. "Seo Hyun Jin sshi... eyy.. You're not.. I'm Sorry.. Seohyun shhi.." LOLOLOL :tongue:

Its a new year... I'm curious to whats in store with Seo Hyun Jin x Yang Se Jong's careers. I hope they become a part of better and happy productions this year. I will always treasure their portrayal as Onsoo Couple. I will not forget those nights I spent frustrated and fluttered because of them. 

Drama awards nowdays are still controversial eventough they become more and more carefull. Why the winners came to the ceremony while those who didnt win didnt come? Because each SBS, KBS, MBC have their own award system, and still unfair system. SBS is usually sending message to actors' head agency (minus the said actors' acknowledgement) that they win, sometimes they stick to the rating ( even the table of TOL casts was far behind, that's trully disrespectul actually. Korean usually put less famous persona little bit far behind, you can see it in other variety shows such as Happy Together -the more famous you are the closer you sit to yoo jae sook-) It's trully mechanical and well thought. SBS gave SJ award because he did shine in TOL, LBY and JS deserve the awards and people agree. But again SBS stick to popularity such as Suzy and LJS ( no offense, but i still consider her not that good in acting wise). My thought about why SHJ didnt win is because TOL rating is not impressive but again WYWS also got same fate. However LJS and Suzy are famous to public domain ( money) while SHJ is great in acting domain (she's popular but she's not an idol)YSJ is great they cant ignore him because no one in his category deserve it. 

If you want fair and square system then TVn and JTBc are great examples. They truly make auditions, they dont care about public dictations, ignore the rating, chose unique plots, unknown yet young directors. If an idol deserve a role then they will give it all along with fair judgement. But they usually stick to real actors.

Im not familiar with MBC and KBS but it's likely they are in the same pond as SBS.

20 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

@supergal99 Did you see your PD nim Nam Gun??

He's so handsome last night, hahaha! All clean up! Short hair, nicely groomed and clean shaven in suit. Wooooo~

I can't find a nice shot of him, can you?? :D

OMG if you didn't point it out, i wouldn't have know it was him! ah Nam-PD you should look like this all the time :lol: btw is that JoonHa beside him? (his real name is difficult to remember) 

20 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

Yeah, at the end of the day these awards are no big deal because it's nothing like the Oscars or Emmy's where it's based on acting chops. Few years back, I read that GHJ never attends awards shows coz she knows the BS behind this and can't care less about them. I say good on her. But truthfully, I didn't realise TOL is this underrated until last night.  broken-heart-yahoo-emoticon.gif?13019489

You know what I'm really curious about? — it's how SBS know who isn't coming & decide who will the winners be?! I do see actors genuinely is surprised they got the award so the list can't have been leaked. Do they ask the actors to RSVP them in advance whether they'll attend coz they would have to prepare the award cards the presenters held on stage, isn't it? Or they print it out on the spot???

GHJ sometimes still attends-selected ones, but not the TV ones, only the film ones. TOL is definitely not for the masses but we can take it as an 'artsy' type of drama for people like us.:tongue:

I guess they have to RSVP to SBS so SBS would know who to give the award to. <_< I hope HJ do MBC or KBS or even TVN drama next rather than stick with SBS, who is so blatantly blind about what acting awards is all about. There are many ways to reward those who rake in the $$$ for you, using acting awards is not the way.

Spoiler

MTG is dead? omg I forgot the ending already? I thought he went to jail...but it will give me chills if I go back to watch it again hahaha. but seriously I need to see KJW in a rom-com comedy role, I think he'll be so darn good in it.

18 hours ago, neehr said:

The one who made my night better and cracked me up so much was Yoo Yeon Seok.. HAHAHA.. He was so flustered and cute.. "Seo Hyun Jin sshi... eyy.. You're not.. I'm Sorry.. Seohyun shhi.." LOLOLOL :tongue:

Its a new year... I'm curious to whats in store with Seo Hyun Jin x Yang Se Jong's careers. I hope they become a part of better and happy productions this year. I will always treasure their portrayal as Onsoo Couple. I will not forget those nights I spent frustrated and fluttered because of them. 

Ah yes...that portion was totally funny :lol: 

Wishing all the best for our OnSoo in the coming year for their careers! I think despite the lower ratings expected and people negative responses, they had a happy time filming and I don't think they regretted their choice of filming TOL. I sure hope to see them tackle a whole new genre in their new projects! For HJ an action/thriller role, for SJ hmmm what else he hasn't tried? comedic role? I think his roles has been quite serious so far, maybe a downright comedic one?B)

btw is that JoonHa beside him? (his real name is difficult to remember) 

Yeah, Ji Il Joo.

Spoiler

MTG is dead? omg I forgot the ending already? I thought he went to jail...but it will give me chills if I go back to watch it again hahaha. but seriously I need to see KJW in a rom-com comedy role, I think he'll be so darn good in it.

I think it's open ending/or assumed he'll be dead. He was in the mental hospital, supposedly being attacked by other mental illness patients released by the staff. It's not that scary after you have seen it once :D  I only felt eerie about the dead body in the closet.

Yeah he needs to do happy roles. But he seems to like indie or serious roles. :sweatingbullets:

@supergal99as usual thank you so much that we can avoid the penalty imposed by our lady M @mademoisellesia :grimace:....

Mademoisellesia, when you said that watching this year SBS Drama Awards make us realize that how much SBS underrated TOL and I know it is true! - it really struck my heart and feel so sad especially sad for our Hyunjinie but at least good for Yang Se Jong (but still I am sure Yang Se Jong also wish his noona to win something from TOL)  The TOL table seems so lonely and it just like the rest has to come to accompany Yang Se Jong otherwise he would be lonely and alone - his dad was at the different table since he won the award from the other drama.

@goodsoup even though I watched Duel and was so impressed by it but it didn't last long in my heart since it is the criminal genre so my heart couldn't take criminal for so long hehe. In other words, I am not moving on to other drama yet.:grin: But by watching I Duel my impression on Yang Se Jong is lasting in my heart and my mind! :heart:...to tell you the truth there is no other drama that I watched can take over TOL(or rather the TOL OTP) from my heart... I still listening to its OST..I am watching Jugglers but well still cannot take over our OTP.. :glasses:...sigh! When will be Hyun Jin and Yang Se Jong will take next project. I am waiting so patiently :grimace:...

@neehr YYS is so cute - he still can't forget Seo Hyun Jin Ssi :tongue:.... they were close during RDTK and most importantly it was high rating drama.

@InggridI so depressing reading how the Awards system work but well ya money is always number one for them. To some extent, I still think TVN also more or less did the same thing. They also awarded those from high rating drama for eg..mostly all Reply Series, Misaeng, and Signals. But we didn't really feel dissatisfy seems it looked it was fair and all were deserved the awards I guess. 

@angel2013 yes, I also think that Lee Bo Young deserve the awards - I am just thinking if the TOL gained higher rating than her drama, I am sure that SBS will award Seo Hyun Jin too....yes it's all about ratings and money comes in.

@mademoisellesia thks for the reminder...I think I vaguely remember that already (about MTG) i just finished watching SBS drama awards...why is it so boring? I had to skip skip skip....is the KBS drama awards more interesting? Should I watch that?

@Jusyed I'm not sure, SBS is very bias...last year HJ should have been in the top excellence category but they only put her in excellence category bec they have to give her something since RDTK has high ratings. I don't have confidence in SBS anymore. I hope HJ next project won't be with SBS period. 

Need to promote a bit, you gurls seriously not considering to buy dir cut blu ray for TOL? its only up til Jan7...support if you can 

Look at this boy being so nervous that it made him come off so adorbs :D Need to summon these two noonas who disappeared again...

@goodsoup @ode2kdramas and Ode Ode, did you see PD nim all clean up?

@Jusyed Jjinja? Let me test you.

Seja/RaOn versus OnSoo couple. Which one? :tongue: Kekeke

Don't worry, sunbaenim Hwang Suk Jung took good care of him that night. Hahaha. Even wipe his sweat. I'm so jelly. He's not lonely, at least Joon Ha sunbae & PD nim were there with him.

I watched the award show with subs again and realise no one from Saimdang was there. I suppose TOL isn't the most underrated of all since Saimdang got shoved aside even more and their average rating was 10%. I find it quite funny that the host kept encouraging the two little girls who didn't win the Best Youth Award, sounded like they were concerned the girls would cry.

@angel2013 Aren't all awards shows boring? Was last year's better? I didn't watch SBS last year, and this year I didn't watch KBS. They went on even longer than SBS this year. I'm not so sure I want to bother, but they might be more fun with Namgoong min and co-star being the only Nam-Nam couple winning a couple award and they made his co-star kiss Namgoong Min. Jang Nara was so funny delivering her speech. She's so cute.

Oh my god it's 2018 now so my 'year' is all wrong, but I'm not gonna change it coz I know you know what I mean.

Archived