[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] From Survivor to Healer 爱上你治愈我

sugarplum892

On 4/22/2019 at 3:36 AM, lovecarnation said:

Hide contents

does someone also watch this drama like me??? i just want to ask why yan shu ren break with shun shu 5 years ago?

I’m watching it. I still don’t know why he did that and when she asked recently he was about to say something but then she said forget it. I really like them as a couple and I hope if any issues arise for them they’ll overcome them this time around.

• 1 month later...
  • sugarplum892 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] From Survivor to Healer 爱上你治愈我
9 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

This was an OK watch.. I stayed mainly for the male lead:w00t: His physique - oo la la!:phew: especially the vest & shirt combo:wub:

The romance was rather weak and certain mental health issues were conveniently swept under a rug. 

i agree the romance was quite weak, honestly wanted to watch more of their interactions and romance lol

but the married couple about the domestic violence (the husband detaining and beating the wife) thought this case was resolved way to quickly and unrealistic....

OMG My thoughts exactly!:D:lol: @sugarplum892 OTP didn't kiss until the finale are ya kidding me?!:crazy::P 

And agreed the domestic abuse was way too convenient. I was like Are You Insane!? Did they actually think the hubby would overlook violence just 'cause his wife is now preggers?? I fear for her and child when she gives birth tbh..:wacko:

The other case was the celeb that commit suicide.. It was unfortunate that they didn't deal with it well either<_< Overall the drama wasn't sure where to go direction-wise..? Like it was bold to take on such a taboo subject matter but just poor execution. That and 40 ep. seriously LoL:rolleyes:

7 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

OMG My thoughts exactly!:D:lol: @sugarplum892 OTP didn't kiss until the finale are ya kidding me?!:crazy::P 

And agreed the domestic abuse was way too convenient. I was like Are You Insane!? Did they actually think the hubby would overlook violence just 'cause his wife is now preggers?? I fear for her and child when she gives birth tbh..:wacko:

The other case was the celeb that commit suicide.. It was unfortunate that they didn't deal with it well either<_< Overall the drama wasn't sure where to go direction-wise..? Like it was bold to take on such a taboo subject matter but just poor execution. That and 40 ep. seriously LoL:rolleyes:

exactly, the cases are set up nicely but how they were resolved was way too unrealistic like um no.....

i dropped this after that drunk writer/author's case lol

also didn't like how they included so much flashbacks of their arguments/break up which were deemed useless imo bc they didn't even reveal why they broke up back then...

The drama was just plain messy tbh @sugarplum892

Also I fast forward a LOT. It was just so sloOooow~ they tried to make it more tense and dramatic with otp "misunderstanding" (which wasn't well made as you mentioned LoL) I don't even understand why they even broke up! Then the whole non-issue with her mom..:rolleyes: very unnecessary as well. I honestly didn't see any chemistry between otp either... Other than showing her skinny figure in gym wear:P

On 6/18/2019 at 10:57 PM, Latte_Anyday said:

The drama was just plain messy tbh @sugarplum892

Also I fast forward a LOT. It was just so sloOooow~ they tried to make it more tense and dramatic with otp "misunderstanding" (which wasn't well made as you mentioned LoL) I don't even understand why they even broke up! Then the whole non-issue with her mom..:rolleyes: very unnecessary as well. I honestly didn't see any chemistry between otp either... Other than showing her skinny figure in gym wear:P

yes this drama was in general very slow! I did some ff too before dropping it lol

yes noticed she was super skinny :o

I liked the show and even the pace. Just the part helping the hero overcoming his episode at the end got on my nerves. Everything before was solved in 1-2-3 episodes and his story, who was at least for me very constructed and overdone, took the biggest part of the cake. A bland one. Not even our heroine got a bigger piece but the hero had to go a very dragging way.

That didn't ruined the series for me but I was feeling dissapointed since before it was a gem for me. It was different.

Okay, the OTP truly lacked chemistry but since the hero had serious issues and she had mother issues and lacked love as child, the relationship wasn't truly a passionate one. I'm sure the actors would have more chemistry if they were allowed more "natural" behavior.

The actress wasn't more skinny than usual. Of course it is ridiculous that they have to be like that but as long healthy weights are called chubby or even fat it won't change. And it has to change in China. I wish China and South Korea rather had beauty standarts like Japan, so we would see lots of healthy actors/actresses and also would see lot less artificial beautiful faces. As much I like to see beauty I would like it more when people didn't had have to be done that much. I always freak out when my edema acts up and my face looks different slightly. How manage people who did a lot? I don't think I'm the only one who needs to see a face I'm used to.

Archived