[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Way We Were 归去来

sugarplum892

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Way We Were 归去来

For me, I've 2 reasons to watch this:

- Shot in USA
- They are a couple in real life

I would like to see how well their chemistry is. But of course, with a better plot and story writing, that will be helpful too.

• 2 weeks later...

The story sucks so far... I like the values/moral of the story, but the story's moving too slow. We're 27 episodes in, and the main couple (Tiffany Tang and Luo Jin) still aren't a couple nor are they falling in love.

Eh, I wish it all came out so I can just skip through all the unnecessary parts.

The dynamics between our two main leads is much different than in Princess Weiyoung (for now), so don't get your hopes up too much.

I m at episode 14 and I find the storyline quite interesting though. I think it will be fine if you do not focus or anticipating the appearance of the leads together. In fact i was quite surprise that Tiffany does not have much screentime up to now. But i hope Luojin can be more realistic and be more loving with his fiance which i feel they have played down their chemistry because she is not the lead /Tiffany. The supporting cast are doing great too. 

21 hours ago, Leila Reyes said:

The story sucks so far... I like the values/moral of the story, but the story's moving too slow. We're 27 episodes in, and the main couple (Tiffany Tang and Luo Jin) still aren't a couple nor are they falling in love.

Eh, I wish it all came out so I can just skip through all the unnecessary parts.

The dynamics between our two main leads is much different than in Princess Weiyoung (for now), so don't get your hopes up too much.

I think Luo Jin still can't move on from his ex, sadly

Almost episode 30, still can't see Luo Jin love Tiffany :(

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Way We Were 归去来
21 hours ago, angelangie said:

hmmm i dunno why but the girl is just not on my watch list :D:D 

Her acting was a little disappointing here and some odd reason the second lead actress got more screen time in the second half of drama. -______-

@angelangie, Iam looking forward to Legend of Fuyao though! :D

2 minutes ago, angelangie said:

it happen when they are trying to promote the 2nd lead more than the 1st lead....this was what happen in 'Diamond Lover' with Rain and TangYan too.....they were suppose to be a pair but ended up she ended up with the 2nd lead instead.......they change the stories half way i think or it was suppose to be so?

ended up i enjoy the supporting cast stories lines more than their main lead lines stories

Yeah I am so disappointed as they are my fav otp that came true in real life since Princess Wei Young.. I got so bored of C-dramas lately that I am rewatching Sound of Desert, Princess Wei young etc.

I m more disappointed with Luo Jin as i expected more from him than Tiffany. Tiffany's acting has been average and this role is too bland or she couldnt bring Xiao Qing to life.

Otp aside, my fav characters in this drama is actually Miao Ying and Cheng Ran. I havent finish but Cheng Ran has grown on me esp. the scene where he stood out for Xiao Qing. That scene made me tear up. 

On 6/12/2018 at 7:27 PM, angelangie said:

not many drama had catch my attention lately too be honestly....

and Luo Jin and Tiffany is not on my top of OTP list to be honest....

Erhhh I was hoping for another Princess Wei Young but mehhh

Finally i m done with this drama. It took me longer than i thought. At least the last 10 episodes is rather interesting and focus on LJ and TY. 

I honestly started this for LJ. I think he has chemistry with both girls. His emotional parts are so well done. His last conversation with the ex-gf at the beach learning each other having moved on with their new partners is quite touching. And of course the few scenes with TY esp the one crying in bed behind TY in Cambodia.

Though the drama is not up to expectation, but kudos to the artistes' effort in picking up english. At least their english dialogue is quite natural with some chinese accent. I have seen some drama where they dubbed the english conversation. 

I dont think they address whether Cheng Ran forgives Xiao Qing. Can someone tell me whether i miss anything?

Archived