[Taiwanese Drama 2017] Memory Love 噗通噗通我愛你

An55mv returns

Memory Love

20615587_1830103187003969_7570107489873134210_o.jpg?oh=9935c640e6e407e8c9ea29f0bd50a489&oe=5A355774

Details:

Taiwan 
  • Type:

Drama
  • Episodes:

• Airs:

Aug 6, 2017 to Dec 3, 2017
  • Airs On:

Sunday
  • Network:

SET TV
  • Duration:

1 hr. 30 min.
  • Cast:
  •  
    Synopsis:
  • Can one life and two hearts be saved? Qiao Jia En (Mandy Wei) and her boyfriend, Wang Xiu Kai (Nylon Chen), return to Taiwan from overseas to reunite with her estranged wealthy father. But when the couple gets into a car accident, Jia En suffers a concussion and memory loss while Shu Kai becomes brain dead.
  • Jia En’s friend, Zhao Ai Li (Mandy Tao), takes advantage of the situation and takes Jia En’s place in meeting with Jia En’s father and assumes her place in a privileged life. Meanwhile, when pastry chef Xing Shao Tian (Andy Chen) collapses at a banquet, he needs an immediate heart transplant and ends up receiving Shu Kai’s heart. When Shao Tian fatefully meets Jia En, he is drawn to her. So is Shao Tian’s half-brother, Duan Ruo Fan (Jolin Chien). Can Shao Tian help Jia En regain her memory and her rightful place in life?

• Previews:
  • Official fanpage:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The first episode was cliché but the plot moved fast and it established all the main characters clearly. From the synopsis, I thought the plot would be more complicated. It makes sense so far... especially if you're a regular in dramaland (birth secrets, switched identities, father issues, sibling rivalry etc.)

I haven't seen any other Mandy dramas but she seems to be likeable so far. We'll see if there's anything in this drama that sets it apart from all the other heart transplant romance dramas I've seen. The only reason I'm sticking around is because I like sweets and Andy Chen is total eye candy.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2017 at 11:10 AM, KiwiNeko said:

The first episode was cliché but the plot moved fast and it established all the main characters clearly. From the synopsis, I thought the plot would be more complicated. It makes sense so far... especially if you're a regular in dramaland (birth secrets, switched identities, father issues, sibling rivalry etc.)

I haven't seen any other Mandy dramas but she seems to be likeable so far. We'll see if there's anything in this drama that sets it apart from all the other heart transplant romance dramas I've seen. The only reason I'm sticking around is because I like sweets and Andy Chen is total eye candy.

She's an okay actress.. her character is written like that so often times in other dramas people compare her to recent one etc etc. 

There was one drama where she was so weak and poorly written. Drama had so much potential but failed. Deja Vu... worst TW drama of all times.

• 4 weeks later...

I am loving this drama and I am surprised that there aren't more comments. These are my takeaways:

Ai Li really believes that she is Jia En, like for real. When she told Xiao Fei that she was the daughter of a CEO now, you could see it in her eyes, she believed it.

Xiao Fei is a literal bum. He doesn't love Ai Li, he just wants to keep her in his life, even if it means holding on to her through this debt and those gangsters.

The real Jia En and Shao Tian have a "double fate". In the beginning of the drama, they have the run in with one another, but I believe their past is tied to one another as well. Not to mention, her ex's heart now being in Shao Tian's body. I think the writer's will finally bring them together, have Shao Tian help her discover her past and what happened, then whatever their past fate is, will spring up and create an obstacle.

Ruo Fan's character is almost useless in this drama. He may just be a catalyst to help Shao Tian and his father heal. But a romantic arch is moot at this point.

The three assistants that work at the dessert shop are hilarious!

@nubianlegalmind - I am also enjoying this drama. It is amazing how people can justify their misdeeds.

How do you as a friend, steal your best friends identify and then pretends as if nothing is wrong.

Both Jia En best friends are selfish and not true friends. They should have help her regain her memory and I am pretty sure her dad would have help them.

Alie and Xaifei needs to be punish for what they have done. The fact that Xaifei almost  killed boss and then have the nerve to partake in  Jaien's inheritance really bothers me.

I know Allie is trying but because of the gangster she is afraid. I have a feeling that Xaifei did something to Jai en's dad.

The ironic of the situation is that the gangster real  daughter is Allie, the person he has been  harassing. This is what you called karma.

Cannot wait for him to experience really pain and anguish.:tongue::D

I  feel sad for boss Shantian  because he is finally opening up to the real Jai en but I am afraid  her regaining her  memory will cause issues. Boss needs to tell Ruofan that they are brothers. They are so alike but yet so different. Their dad has scarred them for life but they can help each other heal heart and loneliness. 

The three workers are the best. They keep snacking, laughing and help everyone happy. Love, love them.

Saw the preview for this week's episode and Jaien, regained her memory, confronted Allie, and the loser Xaifei is holding a gun to his head. Cannot wait for the next episode.

Does anyone have the live stream for SETTV ? I would sincerely appreciated it.

On 10/5/2017 at 5:58 PM, angelangie said:

i havent watch a t-drama for some times now....but this seems interesting...... :D but 1 week 1 episode is a hard thing to do :D 

Hi chingu! for once an interesting TW drama. hehehehe. Of course, male lead is good eye candy. Mandy Wei's acting has improved so much. 

On 9/29/2017 at 9:12 AM, nubianlegalmind said:

I am loving this drama and I am surprised that there aren't more comments. These are my takeaways:

Ai Li really believes that she is Jia En, like for real. When she told Xiao Fei that she was the daughter of a CEO now, you could see it in her eyes, she believed it.

Xiao Fei is a literal bum. He doesn't love Ai Li, he just wants to keep her in his life, even if it means holding on to her through this debt and those gangsters.

The real Jia En and Shao Tian have a "double fate". In the beginning of the drama, they have the run in with one another, but I believe their past is tied to one another as well. Not to mention, her ex's heart now being in Shao Tian's body. I think the writer's will finally bring them together, have Shao Tian help her discover her past and what happened, then whatever their past fate is, will spring up and create an obstacle.

Ruo Fan's character is almost useless in this drama. He may just be a catalyst to help Shao Tian and his father heal. But a romantic arch is moot at this point.

The three assistants that work at the dessert shop are hilarious!

I am just surprised a TW drama has kept me interested all the way up to ep 10. Glad to see more people on the thread.

@thunderman1 - I loving watching TW drama. This one really has me hooked also. Today's episode was really good. I have to wait for the english  subs to fully understand what happen. I really want know if Xaifei is really a richard simmons bag that he hurt Jai en's dad after everything he did for them. I have no sympathy for Jaien so called best friends. With friends like these you sure don't need enemies.

It took a little too long, but I’m glad Jia En finally got her memories of Xiu Kai back. I couldn’t support her and Shao Tian as a couple until she had time to mourn her ex-boyfriend who she seemed to really, really love. And Xiu Kai was so sweet to her in the flashbacks! It was too cold for her to  just forget him completely like that and then immediately fall for some new guy-- even if he does look like Andy Chen.

Shao Tian can be cute with his tsundere. At the same time, he’s really annoying when he’s being so childishly mean to Ruo Fan, who seems like a perfectly nice guy. Now that they both know they’re brothers, their relationship is finally improving. Their day hanging out while waiting for Jia En was some nice brother bonding and it gave Shao Tian a chance to grow up. Still, Shao Tian is way too obsessed with Jia En. His possessiveness, petty jealousy… all I can say is he seems like a high-maintenance boyfriend. Xiu Kai seemed way more easygoing… like Ruo Fan.

I agree that Ai Li and Xiao Fei are the worst friends EVER. The black glove that Xiao Fei wore so clearly marked him as a bad person. Only a bad person would have such poor fashion sense. The finger got reattached, right? There’s no reason for the ugly glove! Xiao Fei doesn’t even feel bad about getting Xiu Kai killed. He then shoots at Jia En and hits Shao Tian with a bullet. How is it that Ai Li keeps letting him do bad things? It’s clear that he’s gone full evil. Is it that surprising that he "killed" Jia En’s dad? (For the record, I don’t think he’s dead. In dramas, no one’s dead until they show the body-- and even then, sometimes it's a fake body.)

It’s so funny that no one called an ambulance after Xiao Fei shot himself. With his aim, I’d expect that he missed or just grazed his head. If he’s really dead, it sucks that Xiao Fei won't have a chance to pay for what he did. Everything is his fault. Really. It’s his debt that starts off the story. Plus, how is it that this drama is only about half-way done? How much story is left?

I find Mandy kind of bland in this drama. Her character is also badly written so it’s not entirely her fault. She knows that her kidnapping and Shao Tian getting SHOT IN THE CHEST is connected to her bestest friend lying to her, but she’s just going to wait until Ai Li is ready to talk to her about it? WHAT? No one is that nice. Her boyfriend, who has a heart condition, GOT SHOT in the CHEST and almost died. And she’s not angry? She doesn’t demand an explanation? But, some time later, when Ai Li tells her that her dad is gone, that’s when Jia En finally snaps, stomping her foot and waving her fists like an angry toddler, and demands that Ai Li bring him back or she’ll never forgive her. Yeeeahhh…. okay. Whatever.

What other things annoyed me? Oh yeah. What was up with that lesbian French classmate who was allergic to clothes? I know it was supposed to make Jia En jealous, but couldn’t they have toned down her character a little? It doesn't matter if you're a girl or boy or if you're straight, gay, or bi-- but sleeping naked on top of someone without their consent is sexual assault. Seriously. Also, it was really cheesy for the drama to go all ghost magic with that conversation Xiu Kai had with Shao Tian about his transplanted heart and love for Jia En. And how the engagement ring Xiu Kai bought for Jia En just magically appeared in Shao Tian’s hand was weird. Very weird. And Shao Tian just believes this ghost information. Did his doctor friend research it? If he did, shouldn't Shao Tian know the name of Jia En's dead boyfriend when he showed her the video of him? And what really bothered me: that Jia En’s father didn’t run a DNA test on his long-lost daughter when she just turned up out of the blue. How trusting is he? Because there’s no way he could be head of a major corporation if he’s that easily conned.

I know it sounds like I don’t like the drama, but I find it a fun watch. Really. Haven't lost interest yet. Or maybe I’m just hypnotized by the handsome men and Bii’s sexy whisper singing... That could be it. I'm easily influenced by a pretty soundtrack.

• 1 month later...

I think that BOTH of them died, he in the hospital, and she was probably bringing his ashes up to the mountain as she was probably going to either release his ashes there, or leave his urn. (?) You see that light was shining on him in the hospital, and he was probably granted release from his failing body, the transplant no longer needed. 

She was taking him to his final resting spot, but when SHE got there, in the light rain, there was a cascade of rocks, a landslide that probably took her life. She came around the bend, and noticed him, standing there waiting for her, so they could cross over together, he said he wanted to show her one last place. I guess the Peach garden she spoke of is like their version of Heaven, so they both went there together.

That's what it seemed like to me after watching it several times......

19 hours ago, blukat said:

I think that BOTH of them died, he in the hospital, and she was probably bringing his ashes up to the mountain as she was probably going to either release his ashes there, or leave his urn. (?) You see that light was shining on him in the hospital, and he was probably granted release from his failing body, the transplant no longer needed. 

She was taking him to his final resting spot, but when SHE got there, in the light rain, there was a cascade of rocks, a landslide that probably took her life. She came around the bend, and noticed him, standing there waiting for her, so they could cross over together, he said he wanted to show her one last place. I guess the Peach garden she spoke of is like their version of Heaven, so they both went there together.

That's what it seemed like to me after watching it several times......

I skipped around with this drama.. not sure what to say about this kind of ending. Memory Love indeed. I guess they loved in their past life.. metaphorically, in their memory hence Memory Love.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived