Writer

Lee Sung Min

(Mystery Queen)

Episodes:  16

Broadcast Period

2018-Feb-28 to 2018-April-19

Wednesday and Thursday 22:00

About the Show

This drama tells the story of a prosecutor’s wife who’s always dreamed of being a detective. After actually solving a case, she ends up in an unlikely crime-fighting duo with a young police captain.

Yoo Seol Ok (Choi Kang Hee) like mystery novels and dream to become a detective, but she gave up her dream after marrying and become a housewife with a husband who works as a prosecutor. She then meets Ha Wan Seung (Kwon Sang Woo) who is a passionate detective and they decide to collaborate to solve a case.

Related titles (drama series):

Queen of Mystery | Chooriui Yeowang (KBS2 / 2017)

First Season Thread

Production Information

Took over the KBS2 Wed. and Thu. 22: 00-time slot previously occupied by "Black Knight"

Cast

Choi Kang Hee - Yoo Seol-Ok

Yoo Seol-Ok is the wife of a prosecutor, who missed out on her chance to become a police officer when she married young. She’s a longtime lover of mystery novels who once dreamed of becoming the next Agatha Christie, so she has some astute powers of deduction, though everything she learned about solving crimes comes from books. Through chance, she ends up cooperating with the local police on a case, leading to an unlikely partnership between the ajumma and a detective.

Kwon Sang Woo - Ha Wan-Seung

Ha Wan-Seung is a violent ace detective on a drug force who graduated with honors from Police University. He is a cop who relies on his fists and his instinct rather than cold logic, because he`s learned firsthand that the field is much harsher than you`re taught in academy, and you can lose your teammates or lose a dangerous suspect if you don`t trust your intuition and act based on gut feeling.

Lee Da Hee - Jung Hee Yeon

Jung Hee Yeon is a pastry chef and successful businesswoman who owns a chain of cake stores. She is also an amateur stage actress who performs in a theater production once a year. Her character will help Yoo Seol Ok solve mysteries and end up getting to know Ha Wan Seung along the way as well.

Park Byung Eun as Woo Sung Ha
Oh Min Suk as Detective Gye
Kim Hyun Sook as Kim Kyung Mi
Kim Tae Woo as Ha Ji Seung
Kim Won Hae as Criminal Department Chief Jo
Min Sung Wook as Corporal Kong
Kim Min Sang as Team Leader Hwang
Kim Jong Soo as Chief Shin
Kwon Min Ah as Shin Na Ra
Jang Yoo Sang as Kim Yi Kyung
Hong Ki Joon as Police sergeant Yook

Source: Asianwiki | Dramawiki |  Koreandrama

Teasers

Highlight Video

01.Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JUL 20 2017

Choi Gang-Hee & Kwon Sang-Woo cast in KBS2 drama series “Queen of Mystery 2”

DFJ0z3DUAAM1Bef.jpg

Choi Gang-Hee & Kwon Sang-Woo are cast in KBS2 drama series “Queen of Mystery 2.” The duo starred earlier this year in “Queen of Mystery” and they will reprise their respective roles in “Queen of Mystery 2.” Screenwriter Lee Sung-Min will also return to handle the screenplay. “Queen of Mystery 2” will first air February, 2018 on Wednesday and Thursday at 10PM.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/choi-gang-hee-kwon-sang-woo-cast-in-kbs2-drama-series-queen-of-mystery-2

KBS confirms Season 2 of Mystery Queen

by tipsymocha

DFMdp59UMAA7rM4.jpg

The drama gods have answered our prayers, rejoice! KBS has confirmed that they have greenlighted a second season of detective comedy Mystery Queen, which is due to come on the airwaves next February. It’s actually a lot shorter of a wait than I was expecting, especially since it will have been less than a year from when the first season aired, which ran from this April through May............

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/07/kbs-confirms-season-2-of-mystery-queen/

• 2 months later...

“Mystery Queen” Confirmed To Return With Second Season

Kwon-Sang-Woo-Choi-Kang-Hee.jpg

Kwon Sang Woo and Choi Kang Hee’s hit drama “Mystery Queen” will be back with another season!

On September 28, a source from KBS stated, “The second season of ‘Mystery Queen’ is slated to air in mid-February.”

This second season, however, will not be directed by the same producing director as the first season. It will instead be directed by PD Choi Yoon Suk, who had co-directed the drama “Chief Kim.”

Choi Kang Hee and Kwon Sang Woo will be leading the second season once again, but not all cast members from the first season will be returning.

“Mystery Queen” centers around a woman named Yoo Seol Ok (played by Choi Kang Hee) who had always wanted to become a detective but had to put her dreams aside after getting married to a prosecutor. However, she eventually joins hands with a police detective named Ha Wan Seung (played by Kwon Sang Woo) to solve some crimes, and this unlikely duo starts working together to become the best crime-fighting team.

https://www.soompi.com/2017/09/27/mystery-queen-confirmed-return-second-season/

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] Mystery Queen 2 추리의 여왕 2
  • 2 months later...

Actress Lee Da Hee In Talks To Make First Drama Appearance In Almost 3 Years Through “Mystery Queen 2”

Lee-Da-Hee.jpg

Actress Lee Da Hee is in talks to make her return to the drama scene with “Mystery Queen 2.”

A representative of her agency Huayi Brothers stated, “Lee Da Hee has received an offer to appear in ‘Mystery Queen 2″ and is currently looking over the script.”

The role that the actress has been offered is that of Jung Hee Yeon, a pastry chef and successful businesswoman who owns a chain of cake stores. She is also an amateur stage actress who performs in a theater production once a year. Her character will help Yoo Seol Ok (Choi Kang Hee) solve mysteries and end up getting to know Ha Wan Seung (Kwon Sang Woo) along the way as well.

If Lee Da Hee accepts the offer, this will be her first drama since “Mrs. Cop” approximately three years ago. “Mystery Queen 2” is set to be the follow-up to “Black Knight” and will begin airing in February 2018.

If you haven’t already, why not watch the first season of “Mystery Queen” to see if you’ll want to check out the second season? Check it out below!

Watch Now

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/2017/12/15/actress-lee-da-hee-talks-make-first-drama-appearance-3-years-mystery-queen-2/

DEC 21 2017

KBS2 drama series “Queen of Mystery 2” to air from February 21, 2018

DRjrzkbUMAAs1Un.jpg

KBS2 is set to air sequel drama series “Queen of Mystery 2” from February 21, 2018 in South Korea. The drama series will air on Wednesday & Thursdays at 10PM following the conclusion of “Black Knight: The Man Who Guards Me.” There is about a month gap from the end of “Black Knight: The Man Who Guards Me” to the start of “Queen of Mystery 2” which will be filled by the 2018 Winter Olympics coverage taking place in PyeongChang, South Korea. “Queen of Mystery 2” features the return of housewife Yoo Seol-Ok (Choi Gang-Hee) and detective Ha Wan-Seung (Kwon Sang-Woo) working together to solve mystery cases.

Meanwhile, KBS2 is currently considering drama series “Suits” to take over the Wednesday and Thursday 10PM time slot after “Queen of Mystery 2,” beginning April, 2018.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/kbs2-drama-series-queen-of-mystery-2-to-air-from-february-21-2018

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] Mystery Queen 2 추리의 여왕 2 - Choi Kang Hee and Kwon Sang Woo - Premiere in February

Kwon Sang Woo And Choi Kang Hee Talk About Returning For 2nd Season Of “Mystery Queen”

Kwon-Sang-Woo-Choi-Kang-Hee1.jpg

KBS drama “Mystery Queen” will be returning for the second season. Slated to air in mid-February, main leads Kwon Sang Woo and Choi Kang Hee recently discussed how they felt to be returning to the drama.

See Also: 2017 KBS Drama Awards Opens Voting For Netizen Popularity Awards

“Mystery Queen 2” will once again feature Yoo Seol Ok (played by Choi Kang Hee), who gave up her dreams of being a detective to marry a prosecutor prior to the first season. She joins police detective Ha Wan Seung (played by Kwon Sang Woo) to solve any case that comes their way, big or small. The drama previously gained popularity for Ha Wan Seung’s tough, yet comedic character and Yoo Seol Ok’s unique, warm personality and reasoning skills.

Kwon Sang Woo stated, “I’m happy that I can continue the unique, cooperative chemistry I have with Choi Kang Hee. This time, I think I’ll be able to show Wang Seung in a more bright and refreshing manner compared to him last season. This season will be an even mix of laughter, emotions, and excitement.”

Choi Kang Hee commented, “I feel good that I’m able to meet the viewers with Kwon Sang Woo again for ‘Mystery Queen 2.’ As it’s a new story, I will work hard to show an upgraded Yoo Seol Ok, to show what kind of changes there have been, and to show whether or not her detective skills are the same.”

“Mystery Queen 2” will be penned by the same writer for its first season, Lee Sung Min, and directed by Choi Yoon Suk, who recently directed popular drama, “Chief Kim.” It was previously revealed that although the main leads would be returning for the second season, not all of the other cast members would be.

The drama will premiere on February 21 at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/2017/12/21/kwon-sang-woo-choi-kang-hee-talk-returning-2nd-season-mystery-queen/

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] Mystery Queen 2 추리의 여왕 2 - Choi Kang Hee, Kwon Sang Woo, Lee Da Hee and Oh Min Suk - Premiere in February

Really looking forward to this drama.

I was so disappointed by that, honest kinda lame, ending of season 1. I loved the drama and the OST still gives me goosebumps everytime. I really wanted to know more about their backstories and characters. SO happy that we  get a second season.

Archived