Quantcast

We live recapped the first episode! It had way more romance than I thought it would, which I am not sure if I like or not. It was lacking in the crime feel that the first season had and focuses so much on the romance. I really thought this first episode must be a dream or something. But I also didn't watch the last eight episodes of the first season (I only watched the special episodes to catch up) so I am not sure if they did focus a lot on the romance part of the two leads at the end of the last season.

On the other hand, if I don't compare it to the first season, then I would like this first episode a lot. I loved the playful will-they-won't-they back and forth of the leads and the touches of crime mixed in. It was a really fun first episode!

Oops, I should add the link, right? lol. Here it is: https://www.bah-doo.com/queen-mystery-2-live-recap-episode-1/

Edited by V
Added link
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

“Mystery Queen 2” Returns And Here’s What To Expect

Mystery-Queen-24.jpg

The long-awaited first episode of “Mystery Queen 2” will be airing tonight!

Here are three main things to look out for this season.

Mystery Queen’s Real Challenge

Mystery Queen Yoo Seol Ok (Choi Kang Hee) is fully determined to become a police officer. During the end of Season 1, Ha Wan Seung (Kwon Sang Woo) questioned her, “Aren’t you going to take the police exam? Come under me this time round and I will take good care of you.” In response to that, she teased, “Why must I be under you?~” making us anticipate what’s to come.

Creditable and Coordinated Investigations

The comeback of the Ha Seung Wan-Yoo Seol Ok duo is expected to be intense from the start of Season 2. Despite the constant squabbles between the king of intuition and queen of deduction, the pair had great chemistry and a knack for unravelling cases. This season will feature even larger scale cases. The comedic and action-packed duo is not be missed!

Subtle Romance

Yoo Seol Ok’s biggest change was when she became single and gained her freedom. It will be interesting to see what changes may take place between the two comrades who share good feelings with one another. Through the released teasers, the duo seem closer than ever. The subtle romance between Ha Seung Won and Yoo Seol Ok may gradually bloom, making fans extremely excited.

more https://www.soompi.com/2018/02/28/mystery-queen-2-returns-heres-expect/

• Like 5

2 hours ago, V said:

We live recapped the first episode! It had way more romance than I thought it would, which I am not sure if I like or not. It was lacking in the crime feel that the first season had and focuses so much on the romance. I really thought this first episode must be a dream or something. But I also didn't watch the last eight episodes of the first season (I only watched the special episodes to catch up) so I am not sure if they did focus a lot on the romance part of the two leads at the end of the last season.

On the other hand, if I don't compare it to the first season, then I would like this first episode a lot. I loved the playful will-they-won't-they back and forth of the leads and the touches of crime mixed in. It was a really fun first episode!

Oops, I should add the link, right? lol. Here it is: https://www.bah-doo.com/queen-mystery-2-live-recap-episode-1/

awesome.. romance was totally lacking in previous season.. and worse the romance vibes were so strong.. i want romance that was the reason we needed  seson 2 :tongue: . (and maybe for dead not dead gf). so happy to hear that

• Like 7

Honestly, I really enjoyed the first episode of the second season. :wub:Very funny and entertaining. The investigation was more in the background, yet it was okay because the unsolved case from the first season will function as the major investigation. I liked the romance, where both are waiting for a signal from each other which is quite believable due to their past.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Honestly, I really enjoyed the first episode of the second season. :wub:Very funny and entertaining. The investigation was more in the background, yet it was okay because the unsolved case from the first season will function as the major investigation. I liked the romance, where both are waiting for a signal from each other which is quite believable due to their past.

hi dear,

I like the first ep too ,

I SAW the preview of ep 2 and I think they going to give us back the mystery feeling of wanting to solve the case, not like ep 1

ep 1 was like an easy start to make us see the characters changes after season 1 and gave us a recap of the romance line progress  

and the way they not understanding how to confess their feeling fit so well in their characters from season 1 

since they both didn't have experience enough in romance all these years and since they were like an enemy's and so different in the start

I like ep 1 so much but I want with the romance to have back the mysteries feeling with every case when we enjoy both of them solving and thinking about what really happening with their two unusual way.

where didn't know who? and what really happen ?what reason? until the end ( i missed that so much i know it the same writer so he going to give us that back soon )

• Like 4

i was hoping for the slow burn this time but the writer seemed to rush all the romance in just one episode but hey, this is still episode 1. We still have a long way to go.

• Like 5

I was so happy to see the main couple again.  They are so great together and I can only hope this series becomes a yearly offering like the Rude Ms. Young Ae.  They are so adorable and this episode was a laughfest (especially sharing a bowl of ramen) in the romance dept.  The big mystery of the hour?  WHAT HAPPENED TO THE RING (bet it had something to do with being drunk)?  The drink preparation cracked me up and it's something I had never seen in my over 10 years of kdrama addiction. Kang Hee looked magnificent in all her designer outfits and long hair.  Sang Woo gets handsomer every year.  I missed the bumbling police officer (Lee Won-geun), but it'll be OK.  I recommend watching season 1 before taking on season 2 so there is a better understanding of the interaction between the characters.  Season 1's ahjummas and police officers were back and are just as nosey.  I am so happy today!

• Like 5

Watch: Oh My Girl’s Hyojung Releases Sweet MV For “Mystery Queen 2” OST “SARR”

Oh-My-Girl-Hyojung.jpg

Oh My Girl’s Hyojung has released a music video for “SARR,” her OST for “Mystery Queen 2”!

The song is a acoustic medium-tempo track that highlight’s Hyojung’s sweet vocal tone as she sings of love like spring warmth that melts the winter cold away. The acoustic sound and simple chord progressions keep the song light and bubbly.

The music video perfectly matches the song as it begins with a man and a woman sitting on opposite ends of a bench and catching glimpses of each other. By the end of the clip, they are sitting side by side, staring into each other’s eyes.

https://www.soompi.com/2018/02/28/watch-oh-girls-hyojung-releases-sweet-mv-mystery-queen-2-ost-sarr/

• Like 6

Enjoyed 1 very much.  Was praying for romance and it seems my prayer was answered. Hope they win something this yr. Baddas detectives 

• Like 5

I think he will have a serious love interest this season though.  

• Like 3

Choi Kang Hee Suits Up In Police Uniform + New Team Gathers In “Mystery Queen 2”

Mystery-Queen-2-Choi-Kang-Hee.jpg

Stills have been released for the upcoming episode of “Mystery Queen 2.”

“Mystery Queen 2” features the return of Yoo Seol Ok (Choi Kang Hee) and Detective Ha Wan Seung (Kwon Sang Woo) as they continue to unravel both big and small cases.

In the released stills, Yoo Seol Ok captures everyone’s attention as she suits up in a police uniform, and stands in between Section Head Jo In Ho (Kim Won Hae) and Chief Shin Jang Goo (Kim Jong Soo). Yoo Seol Ok shows a completely different side of that viewers haven’t seen before.

In the previous season, she had been training for the police exam as she went through intensive training of running, pull-ups, and sit-ups. She gained the support of viewers as she was determined to “catch all criminals to prevent more victims.”

More

https://www.soompi.com/2018/03/01/choi-kang-hee-suits-police-uniform-new-team-gathers-mystery-queen-2/

• Like 5

This lady has a very beautiful eye. Season 1 did not give justice to her beauty at all. I love her fashion overhaul here. She look like a vixen. 

• Like 6

Because she was Forced into a housewife role that is not who she is at all. 

• Like 4

Preview ep3: 

완승의 집에 불이 났다. 연쇄방화범도 잡혔는데, 또 불이라니, 설옥은 확신한다. “범인은 하나가 아니야!” 본격적인 추리에 나서는 설옥, 하지만 명예경찰 행사를 핑계로 설옥을 막아서는 조과장. 한편, 완승과 설옥은 범인을 목격했다는 희연의 전화를 받게 되는데...

Video:

http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/queenofmystery2/view/preview/2593679_137458.html

And making:

http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/queenofmystery2/behind/making/2593248_137469.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVTxpg3YMSftFOZmkAyKJfullsizephoto949581.jpg   Love this....images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6tkZX3eEIiF_cyNmg-Pm   Miss this...:sweatingbullets:

Loving Mystery Queen 2 as always it keeps me interested and thinking and I have always enjoyed the way in which this OTP have chemistry as well as their own sense of speaking to one another like a language all their own.  Which always makes me smile for some reason.  Whether they are saying it out loud or keeping it within there is this constant energy that moves back and forth between the two of them.  No matter how much they try and hide it from one another it's like the unsaid elephant in the room this caring and concern that may not be said but there is no doubt it is there....:heart:

As much as I am enjoying the new characters drawn in, there is a part of me that is really missing the bromance between Hong Joon-O and Ha Wan-Seung.  It may just be me and the fact that I get use to characters and miss them once they are gone.  Nothing against part 2 for I am thankful that we were lucky enough to see this drama continue and at such a fast pace as well!!!  Looking forward to whats ahead and I maybe the only one hoping now that WS is homeless because of a fire he has to move in with SO!!!  You can't blame a girl for DREAMING!!!!   Can you????LOL:lol::tongue::w00t:

@Dhakra where the heck are you???  Missing your thoughts!!!!!

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

Hi All!!

I have finished watching the first two episodes and I have to say that I am very very happy. 

I know that there was some confusion with the first episode being so romantic heavy, but now having seen the second episode I now understand why they had done it. By focusing so much on the relationships between the characters, within an episode they were able to reestablish the history and emotionally get their audience invested. It was fascinating to me to see how they had so quickly established the bond between not only our Detective and Ajumma, but friendships within our new scooby gang that is being slowing formed. In fact, I was surprised that in some ways it reminded me of how american shows have a pilot to help set up the story and characters for the season or series. 

Plus, I felt that a lot of the romance was a big of fan service and to establish the push and pull that exists in our Detective and Ajumma relationship. They deeply care for each other, but just can't seem to get around it either admitting or the timing just doesn't work out right.

I want to give a big kudos to the writer though. I was very impressed by the story, plot and dialog...The rhythm, tone and approach to the story felt well planned out, again it strongly reminded me a bit of an american series with an Kdrama twist. I can easily see them pull this into another season if they play their cards right for sure. 

All in all, I am enjoying the show and look forward to more mystery queen shenanigans next week! :D

Edited by guinearoyal
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

i don't know if its direction change..

last season.. i was hooked since ep 1.. atleast the quirkiness of character remains.. things are similar but some zing is missing.. the vibes between characters are not as palpable

• Like 1

18 hours ago, plappi said:

Preview ep3: 

완승의 집에 불이 났다. 연쇄방화범도 잡혔는데, 또 불이라니, 설옥은 확신한다. “범인은 하나가 아니야!” 본격적인 추리에 나서는 설옥, 하지만 명예경찰 행사를 핑계로 설옥을 막아서는 조과장. 한편, 완승과 설옥은 범인을 목격했다는 희연의 전화를 받게 되는데...

Video:

http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/queenofmystery2/view/preview/2593679_137458.html

And making:

http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/queenofmystery2/behind/making/2593248_137469.html

So, he will move because his house burned ? I havent watched two episode with subbed due of busy schedule but i read all the comment on this drama is lacking something but i hope when i watch it with sub, i will decide whether the drama remains the same. 

Edited by bebebisous33
double content
  • Like 5