[Drama 2018] Mystery Queen 2 추리의 여왕 2

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/15/2018 at 9:20 PM, Miky88 said:

That bounding moment between the forensic guy and Seol Ok with our Detective on the background showing so many reactions was soooo priceless,imagine if he had shut the door in his nose letting only Seol Ok in...Another sad case i might say,aside from the criminal who killed that poor man, i'm wondering if the girl would care to look at her surrondings and people,could make a change and save the old man's life when he reached for her help...It's trully sad,just as sad as the crime inself,i guess maybe i'm a bit emotional but does one really have to sell his soul to win,think the society inself has a big big problem,forcing people to toss their soul,is that even a true victory,and she wanted to become a person who saves people in the future..I guess that's what makes Seol Ok aside from a amazing women a very empathic person and great detective...In times like this i'm happy that i don't live in a country as SK...Quite curious about the whole backstory with Inspector Woo and looking into Wan Seung and searching for Hyun Soo,even more having the Shin Dude on in as well...

It was quite a delightful treat to see again Do Ha and i kinda wished he would stick around and became Seol Ok minion just like in S1 we had the puppy Joon-O(Lee Won Geun)

Yes, even if YM is not a murderer, she is actually responsible for the man's death as she could have called for an ambulance. The man was found much later. To conclude, she lost her humanity in order to make sure that she passes the test this time. I am not sure that she has even realized her wrongdoing.

About the identity of the murderer: in my opinion, it is the grandson. He used the gips as an "excuse" so that people would exclude him as a suspect. Nevertheless, he must be in trouble... like gambling debts. We have two possibilities: either he put the knife in his gips therefore the forensic doctor had trouble to understand the stabbing. Notice that the murderer pushed the Chairman against the wall, while the knife was in his stomach, which indicates that he couldn't use the knife properly and he didn't use his whole strength. In my opinion he had to do so to make sure that the knife would go deep enough. Another possibility is that he used his other hand.  

@USAFarmgirl @UnniSarah I was surprised to discover that YSO witnessed the scene, where HWS gave the ring to another woman and made the connection between the woman from the shop and that bar scene, Poor HWS, he has no idea... I hope, he realizes his mistake soon. 

It's Dong Ha episodes!!!!!

Couldn't be more excited to find my lovable "lead male to be someday" also my "one of cute yet can deliver murderer role like Nam Goong Min and Park Bo Gum", yass its uri Dong Ha crazy monkey 003crazy monkey 003crazy monkey 003

I love the push and pull romance between WS and SO, the drama served me the best scene of WS with his wild imagination during dinner I love how he is blushing with his own thoughts and the "not realize the situation" SO keep talking with sentences that "linked" with WS imagination LOL the writer write it well...

And I just realize that "Ahjumma" word is so special to WS until he slapped Dong Ha for calling her ahjumma. 

But things that bugging me since the arsonist case is the cafe owner Jung Hae Yon, is she an evil? I can feel the aura that she is here for bad roles but things keep make her position innocent. Like the one when WS apartment on fire. We know she was there watching everything and the way she talk look like she was the one who did that, but then everything proved me wrong. But the macaroon scene she had that look again, where she show her evil side while WS and SO left. 

Interesting!!

8 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@USAFarmgirl @UnniSarah I was surprised to discover that YSO witnessed the scene, where HWS gave the ring to another woman and made the connection between the woman from the shop and that bar scene, Poor HWS, he has no idea... I hope, he realizes his mistake soon. 

@bebebisous33  Chingu Seol Ok had told her friend  Kim Kyung-Mi that he gave the ring to someone else in the first or second episode. Eveytime SO thinks about the ring she mentions that  he gave the ring to someone else. In episode 5 is when we find out she doesn't remember the face of the actual person Wan Seung gave the ring to.  Wan Seung was so drunk that he can't remember what  happened and since they both refuse to talk about it we will never know. LOL LOL happy-leaf-emoticon.gif 

I agree YM is responsible for the man's death and I also blame the man for his nasty personality for not being able to seek help from the residents of his area. If the man was nice , she might have actually seen him. YM and all the students studying for the exams are really cruel. They are all just focused on themselves that they forgot their basic knowledge on common courtesies. Walking around without paying attention can get anyone killed, the comment she said she doesn't have time to have stupid argument when bumping into someone else is just wrong because that is considered bad manners and can cause a fight depending on the persons mood too.  dead-onion-head-emoticon.gifdead-onion-head-emoticon.gif

Wan-Seung and Seol-Ok are the talk of the precint, everyone thinks they are dating. LOL Lol  I am kinda happy that Seol Ok is finally falling in love. I rather love Seol Ok jealousy side. GSW and Dong Ha calling Seol Ok Ahjumma/ahjumeoni and Wang Seung correcting them by saying dont call her that. LOL LOL happy-leaf-emoticon.gifhappy-leaf-emoticon.gif

Hello everyone! I am finally back in the kdrama world after a 2 year drama slump... :wink: I started watching this drama after reading about the hype around season 2 (I made sure of course to watch season 1 first). I am surprised to see that there are so few people commenting around here. Are people not watching season 2? :(

I am enjoying this drama a lot, especially since we now have romance involved as well. Our detective and ahjumma make up the cutest couple ever. I am so happy that we can see middle aged actors on screen falling in love, too. It is really refreshing to see that we are having more and more dramas with veteran actors in leading roles.

Wanted to say that I have enjoyed reading your insightful comments on this thread so far. I agree with everyone who said that the latest case depicts the ugly truth about student life in Korea. How much pressure must society put on a person, that the person is forced to become so selfish one doesn't see/care about others? It is truly sad. I know South Korea has an excellent school system, but to what expense, huh? :(

19 hours ago, Yippeun_eonnie said:

But things that bugging me since the arsonist case is the cafe owner Jung Hae Yon, is she an evil? I can feel the aura that she is here for bad roles but things keep make her position innocent. Like the one when WS apartment on fire. We know she was there watching everything and the way she talk look like she was the one who did that, but then everything proved me wrong. But the macaroon scene she had that look again, where she show her evil side while WS and SO left.

@Yippeun_eonnie I totally agree. The café owner gives me evil vibes. I have seen the actress, Lee Da Hae, on Running Man. She seems a bit calculative and "evil" on Running Man too. lol :D I am sure she is a wonderful and warm person in real life, so it may just be her facial expressions that give me the "evil" impression. Therefore, I cannot trust my instincts regarding her in this drama either. :D

Season 2 feels very different from season 1 to me. I guess it's the difference in direction and cinematography? So many new characters introduced, too? Also, I dislike the clothes Yoo Seol-ok is wearing this season. She looks so frumpy in oversized clothing. It seems she might have gained a bit weight, and they are trying to cover it up in huge clothes? I don't know, but I wish they would dress her in prettier clothes and style her differently. Choi Kang-hee is so adorable in real life. She deserves to look pretty. :) 

40 minutes ago, partyon said:

Season 2 feels very different from season 1 to me. I guess it's the difference in direction and cinematography? So many new characters introduced, too? Also, I dislike the clothes Yoo Seol-ok is wearing this season. She looks so frumpy in oversized clothing. It seems she might have gained a bit weight, and they are trying to cover it up in huge clothes? I don't know, but I wish they would dress her in prettier clothes and style her differently. Choi Kang-hee is so adorable in real life. She deserves to look pretty. :) 

Yess you are right I can feel the difference in directing and cinematography too... its more darker in season 2 i guess. 

More new characters, well I love that, especially to meet new police friends for WS, either they are friend or foe hahahha.... but I do missed some old faces too.... the haelmonis gank in the neighborhood, the sister inlaw and sometimes I want to see how the ex husband doing right now LOL...

Same with you I only start watching this drama after I read articles on this season 2 drama, and everyone comments were so excited so I decided to go marathon watching on the season 1. 

For SO clothing I guess they intentionally to make her look that way since she is a student right now, person who is living in Noryang Dong, chasing classes to get better spot and to succeed in next Police exam. I guess she will have better clothing next after she succeed...well let's pray that she will succeed in next exam or the ex mom inlaw will drag her back to the house LOL

On 15.3.2018 at 9:20 PM, Miky88 said:

1.That bounding moment between the forensic guy and Seol Ok with our Detective on the background showing so many reactions was soooo priceless,imagine if he had shut the door in his nose letting only Seol Ok in...

2.Another sad case i might say,aside from the criminal who killed that poor man, i'm wondering if the girl would care to look at her surrondings and people,could make a change and save the old man's life when he reached for her help...It's trully sad,just as sad as the crime inself,i guess maybe i'm a bit emotional but does one really have to sell his soul to win,think the society inself has a big big problem,forcing people to toss their soul,is that even a true victory,and she wanted to become a person who saves people in the future.

3.I guess that's what makes Seol Ok aside from a amazing women a very empathic person and great detective...In times like this i'm happy that i don't live in a country as SK...Quite curious about the whole backstory with Inspector Woo and looking into Wan Seung and searching for Hyun Soo,even more having the Shin Dude on in as well...

It was quite a delightful treat to see again Do Ha and i kinda wished he would stick around and became Seol Ok minion just like in S1 we had the puppy Joon-O(Lee Won Geun)

1.I liked it too they can easily make me enjoy little things and they funny even without trying so hard 

2. I agree that what they trying to show us in that case, Queen of mystery was never drama about only crime, even from season 1 with every crime they were touching a new side of human and life problem, that part was sadder then the crime itself  to me like you and that was a the massage  from the case , it the whole world proplem now not just in korea , but they feeling it in Korean now so much with the new teaching system that force   the young people to  live in race life all the time  and that how the school, collage, family and social force them to be , it sad but it true the social  Froce people to live in race all the time like they will die if they stop, stay behind or didn't win 

3. I agree that SO so special cause she different  from all those people, her mind is clear and her heart is pure she has nothing to do with thinking of winning  or being number one or wanted  money or power  she survived  the sickness of the social race , but sadly it not just south  Korea who has all this kind of evil and human thinking as I said before  it the proplem  that every were in world were money and power can do anything  and Wereally young people  have a hard life trying to survive  this world by trying to be the best in their class and work and they have to throw away so many human feeling and freedom 

you can feel it in a different  level from country to other but it there in everyone . believe  me I hate the fact that I admit  it now since I wanted to believe  it not true but we can't solve problems by acting as it not there, 

it scary things that I hope that my future children will not have to face the more scary version of it . 

seeing that girl affect me, it sad it not that she bad or have no feeling but she was in her way to lose even her feeling and all that to survive,

when SO said to WS  " she had to change or she wouldn't  able to survive in that place " was the most sad and scary things , she go there just for a little time and she  old and has her own personality and believes but she had to survive  too and change a little so can't we see what that kind of life and schools do tour the children and young people  were they open their  eyes on that only life and style of living !!!

On 18.3.2018 at 10:06 AM, partyon said:

Wanted to say that I have enjoyed reading your insightful comments on this thread so far. I agree with everyone who said that the latest case depicts the ugly truth about student life in Korea. How much pressure must society put on a person, that the person is forced to become so selfish one doesn't see/care about others? It is truly sad. I know South Korea has an excellent school system, but to what expense, huh? :(

sorry for cutting your post 

totally agree with you it the social pressure fault as I write  in my post above that what the kids and young people can do when they  have to survive  this kind of life from the first day in the school if the old one forced  to change too when they live their life for a little like what happens to SO

it so much sad and in the end the old people even don't understand why the young one had no feeling and so different  from them 

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] Mystery Queen 2 추리의 여왕 2 - Wednesdays and Thursdays @ 22:00 KST

154fullsizephoto955685.jpg1.JPG   Mystery that often feels like Magic...

SO never takes anything including guilty, judgment or arrest at face value.  People matter to her, for they are not just a number with her she doesn't just solve a crime she often changes their lives.   She looks at a mystery or crime from all directions and isn't willing to believe what people think to be true.  What matters to her first is what they can prove.  She  doesn't just have insight to a mystery she can see what other people miss and it's like a gift kind of.  She can almost see a crime in progress within just her mind alone.  She seeks the facts through her almost natural way of finding them and makes putting the clues together seem almost to simple. 

Although I feel that part 2 does in fact have a different feel.  Yet I am enjoying seeing SO & WS living together, eating and showing that different side of them.  What I really hope to see is SO become not only a police officer but gain the respect I think she deserves and has earned.  Not just a pat on the back but the realization that she is gifted, talented and unique...

For those interested in reading recaps/aftercaps: www.bah-doo.com

I think the link was posted on the forum some time ago; if you do not want to search again for it, here it is.

after the new episode, what do you think of the cake shop owner?

3 hours ago, tzupi said:

I think the link was posted on the forum some time ago; if you do not want to search again for it, here it is.

She is definitely creepy. She has definitely set her eyes on HWS without knowing that he is related to that Law firm.

I was wondering if she is not the mysterious Secretary Kim. 

4 hours ago, tzupi said:

43772a03e98e7004a39bd44225af4cea282.jpeg?x=tumblr_lsc2yohjgZ1qi4ns0o1_250.gif      Even her smile is creepy!!! :blink:

Every time I see her making a money cake I think lets hope she doesn't use poison instead!  Thank goodness someone is already onto her....:D

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcShTW2xzRFMHe4nUeSG4Cd:ph34r:

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

She is definitely creepy. She has definitely set her eyes on HWS without knowing that he is related to that Law firm.

I was wondering if she is not the mysterious Secretary Kim. 

She is really creepy! I shudder when she made the lovely cakes and eyed them with evil intentions as she thought of what she was going to do with those cakes. Each time she pushed a cake across to her `guest',  her smiles gave off evil vibes. In any case, this latest episode does show that she is attacking the law firm as HWS's brother has been arrested by the prosecutor for questioning on tax evasion of the Trust.

At least `zombie-like' suspect upon her release finally realised that she could have saved the old man who had grabbed her foot for help. She was reflecting on herself and questioned whether she could really be a good police officer if she was oblivious to her surroundings, being so self-centred and focused entirely on attaining her exam goals. 

What I love most of this drama is our odd and adorable couple. I  can't have enough of them! WS would not allow anyone to call her ahjumma. He told her that when he called her ahjumma, it was different and sounded like calling her name (LOL). When he discovered that she has gone to a boarding institution, he searched the whole day for her. He just could not get her out of his mind. Notice how he purposely said to SY, in front of the young man, that he would see SY at home (haha).  And yes, I am curious as to what really happened to the ring.

22 minutes ago, ross27 said:

She is really creepy! I shudder when she made the lovely cakes and eyed them with evil intentions as she thought of what she was going to do with those cakes. Each time she pushed a cake across to her `guest',  her smiles gave off evil vibes. In any case, this latest episode does show that she is attacking the law firm as HWS's brother has been arrested by the prosecutor for questioning on tax evasion of the Trust.

At least `zombie-like' suspect upon her release finally realised that she could have saved the old man who had grabbed her foot for help. She was reflecting on herself and questioned whether she could really be a good police officer if she was oblivious to her surroundings, being so self-centred and focused entirely on attaining her exam goals. 

What I love most of this drama is our odd and adorable couple. I  can't have enough of them! WS would not allow anyone to call her ahjumma. He told her that when he called her ahjumma, it was different and sounded like calling her name (LOL). When he discovered that she has gone to a boarding institution, he searched the whole day for her. He just could not get her out of his mind. Notice how he purposely said to SY, in front of the young man, that he would see SY at home (haha).  And yes, I am curious as to what really happened to the ring.

Loved your post!  You're so right the fact that they are odd and different yet so adorable at the same time is a big part of why I am watching.  It's funny how you can experience things in the most unusual places and when you least expect it within this drama there is either humor or romance.  And yet it works so perfectly.  WS is showing us his heart and it's in the sweetest ways...  But whats not to like about him:wub:

tumblr_oormvygtuP1vesp1uo1_540.gif

About the ring, although it may not be the lead idea we are seeing.   Believe me SO is thinking about that ring most likely more than us LOL:lol:

Hello lovely people! I had just finished watching episode 8. Very interesting development indeed. Now onto some points that I was thinking about :

1. Cake lady. Definitely creepy. We know she somehow deals with information and blackmail (also bribery). From what I can tell, her interest in HWS may not be a love interest, but more like a calculative one - like one eyeing a chesspiece. And regarding HWS's brother, I think it's Secretary Kim that is making a move as a continuation of HWS's father being hospitalised (now seen as weak, Ha&Jung will be attacked like what he told his son). And the cake lady saying 'he is afraid', I think she was referring to Secretary Kim. I still think that she's somehow connected to Hyun Soo (HWS's old girlfriend) and might be in possession of something that belongs to Sec.Kim, something that he feels threatened over. 

2. SO reacting to HWS being called ahjussi (in episode 8 while they were looking through the cctv recordings). I think this is the first time SO said that HWS is handsome and is fervently defending his looks. Haha. They are such a pair, our ahjumma-ahjussi pair. And it's sweet that HWS just seems so lost without SO around. Despite grumbling about saving her life and all, he still wants to keep her near him to the extent of ripping out the job ad thinking it's the best for her (well, not having to pass the test and being close to him is his not-so-hidden agenda), trekking through the mountains at night to finally finding her in the midst of another murder. 

3. Inspector Woo. I'm loving the dynamics of this. They are both loners who are gruff to people around them but are really sweethearts once you get pass their rough exterior - especially with SO. But I'm wondering why exactly he is at that police station. And why is he investigating HWS and how did he know about Hyun Soo? Somehow Superintendent Shin (not sure about his rank sorry) is connected to Sec.Kim hence why HWS transferred there so maybe that's also the reason why Woo is there too?

4. The ring. I think, and this is purely speculation, that HWS asked the assistant at the cake shop to hide the ring in the cake, which will then be given to SO. Hence the obvious eye-winking and lopsided smirk that HWS had given the assistant at the cake shop that night (in the flashback scene SO had). But SO mistakenly took that as signs of flirting by the two and had gotten angry. I think HWS is also drunk (or maybe both of them is so that's why the memory is so blurry) and somehow the ring never did get to SO (in earlier flashback scene, can't remember which episode now, SO saw the ring being worn by someone else so it is possible the girl had taken the ring for herself instead of putting it in the cake) but HWS is convinced that she has it. Dunno what happened though and SO didn't get it. But yes, until the ring mystery is solved, I think they will be caught in this standstill, because HWS thought he had already made himself clear by giving the ring, while SO is still confused because of the mixed signal - ring to someone else, flirting with other people, but easily telling others that they live together... 

Haha. I'm loving this season so far. It's different than the first one, but still wonderfully written. Can't wait for next week's episode :)

On 3/15/2018 at 1:20 PM, Miky88 said:

Is Dong Ha just a cameo or did he join the drama? Also, how many episodes has he been in? I wasn't really watching this season, but I want to watch Dong Ha's character work. Though, hopefully, he's not playing another total psychopath. :)

39 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Is Dong Ha just a cameo or did he join the drama? Also, how many episodes has he been in? I wasn't really watching this season, but I want to watch Dong Ha's character work. Though, hopefully, he's not playing another total psychopath. :)

cameo..

already done with his piece i think

@USAFarmgirl @nona88 @UnniSarah @missirina After watching the episode 8, I have the impression that YSO could get new friends and helpers which could give her the strength and support she needs in order to succeed. It was interesting to see that the persons involved in the former case would be used again. Moreover, the way they worked together at the crime scene was really telling. Working with YSO, this will help them to become better police officers as they need to practice their knowledge. It would be great if YSO was the one who creates HSW's new team. Right now, the unit 2 is composed by only two people which is not enough. Actually, his colleagues can't stand him because he is good at his job. They reproach him not to work in team, whereas in reality they are the ones who were jealous and wanted to prove that they are better than him. They were the ones lacking in team spirit. HWS is not an arrogant detective, he really tried to work with the others but he was pushed away and always left behind in the investigations. Moreover, they spied on him in order to get the credit.  

ep 7 is when i felt the old magic of season 1 was back.. the familiar feeling of christie's writing..

how characters move from one episode into another smoothly.. woven into the story... the eeriness captured so perfectly... on the face of it murder cases are never insanely awesome with twist ending.. but this whole direction style makes them amazing!

I dig this one..

is the ghost girl killing them all?

Why does staff also believe in the rumour that girl committed suicide when their fellow mate himself drove her back ... ?

If this is a locked room mystery, which it so seems to be.. we hardly have suspects... the 1 staff person left :tongue: and the ghost girl

high chances that secretary kim is our baker .. why is brother lying to detective.. is he saving his brother or just lying :) 

Our tv showman detective cares about seol ok.. a big AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.. he might as well fall for her

And i max lol at ajumma's friend and the forensic doctor :tongue: .. awwww.. let him be unmarried ... i want that triangle..

Archived