[Official] Katayose Ryota & Tsuchiya Tao (RyoTao | 涼太鳳) - Anikoma couple (real-life couple)

Transition

Ryota took a picture of some buildings in Japan and said that it looked like New York. Tao has said before in an interview for AIB that New York is a place she would like to try to live in and a place she would like to personally visit/see. Ryota has travelled to New York before by himself when he was 19. He has probably told Tao about his experiences there.

Tao posted a picture of some buildings and the sky months ago saying that it was from her family. It seems like it was from Ryota.

https://weibo.com/3753366675/4961184044813206

Credit: 呆已成粥

Tao mentioned in her latest IG entry that there are many important people whose birthday is in October.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cy-Y3Q0J9eF/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

According to a member at weibo Tao's mother's birthday is on the 20th of October and Ryota's mother on the 31st of October.

https://weibo.com/6157094339/4962236730704213

• 2 weeks later...

@Transition Thank you for all your posts and updates! I have been really busy for these past few months. Thank you for sharing the info about Tao's photobook! I will definitely buy it! Aww, I am glad that Tao is willing to share with her fans her maternity shots and photos of her holding her child and her live etc. Remember 3 months ago we talked about how we wish that Tao could share her live with us. Glad that she did it in but now in the form of photobook. I don't think she will show the face of her baby, I think it could be just like the photo she posted on her IG where she was holding her child (we can only see the back of her child).

On 8/29/2023 at 9:20 PM, setokaonii said:

@Transition I see. So, it was just a misinterpretation. Yes, a fanletter for fanclub would be good too if they don't want to share outside with everyone else, just for fans.

Who knows maybe at the end of the year of 2023 before the new year of 2024 coming, she will be posting something about her life in 2023, like reminiscing what she has been going throughout this year and showing the photo of memories in 2023 like her marriage, pregnancy, baby etc.? Hmm, I hope so eventhough it would likely not going to happen. They are quite secretive about their life (even after married) so I am not sure if we would ever able to see and hear it. It is sad but we won't be able to do anything. This is what they decided so I have no choice but to respect that (I really wish that maybe one day they will be able to open to us to tell their personal life or stories with us because I think that, in that way we will get to know them more on their personal level, not just as artists and we will feel much more closer (the bond between fans and artists). I don't know if it is just a common thing in japanese or korean entertainments but in other countries celebrities are quite open with their fans. I guess it is the culture.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hm. Josei Seven has reported that RyoTao's baby will appear in the Netflix series that Tao is filming (Alice in Borderland 3). 

I don't know if it is true. I personally think it is unlikely. Tao has said before that she wouldn't like her child to become an artist and according to fans at weibo Ryota has kind of said he doesn't want people to scrutinize (his child/children). I think it is also unlikely that Tao would say yes to their child to act as a child to her and Kento's character. Kento is afterall someone she had had rumours with before.

• Like 1

@Transition If that is the only way they can show their child to public by letting their child become a child actor then I would not mind. Personally I think it is unlikely to happen but we will see. If the rumour is true, I wonder what is the character of the baby in the series? The child of Arisu and Usagi? Or just some other character like saving a kid of someone from something etc.? (like Alice in wonderland Season 2 where Usagi saved a little boy). Lol I had once imagined that what if Ryota suddenly appeared as a villain in Alice in Borderland lmao (my selfish wish).

P/s: 

I just got the time to read the news. So, according to the production staff, it was Tao who proposed the idea to have her child appear in the work and she was filming with her baby for a certain scene in the first episode. Well, let's see if it will be included.

@setokaonii I have also thought about Ryota and Tao co-starring again in a drama or movie but not as a couple since I don't think they would accept it :p

I haven't read the manga of AIB myself but I have heard that Usagi only appeared a little in it. They showed her giving birth to her and Arisu's child. So if RyoTao's baby will be in the drama s/he is most likely playing Arisu and Usagi's child. 

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas!

Can't believe it has almost been a year since RyoTao announced their marriageplan and pregnancy. 

• 4 weeks later...

@Transition Thank you for sharing a beautiful photo of RyoTao. I understand you. We haven't heard news of RyoTao for a while. However, I am glad to know that they are doing well with their live.

Thank you too for sharing the video of Tao's first photoshoot magazine after pregnancy. She looks beautiful. I didn't realise the voice of a baby until you shared it maybe because of loud music background I couldn't hear it but I try to listen to it again and it did sound like a baby.

Btw, I heard that fans were so excited to hear Ryota talked on Genetalk about how he spent the year-end and New Year holidays with his family. 

Genetalk: 

https://radiko.jp/share/?t=20240122050000&sid=FMKAGAWA

Since everyone is talking about it so, I tried to listen to it. 

Here is the rough translations of what he said on Genetalk (for some parts).

----------

Ryota on Genetalk:

As for New Year's, as usual after the countdown TV ended, I went straight to Hatsumode (shrine visit).

So, I went to Hatsumode at 3 or 4 o'clock in the morning. I visited shrine, slept for about 30 minutes, and my family and relatives gathered together in Tokyo and watched the first sunrise together around 5 o'clock. I haven't sleep much (in a while).

I ate Osechi (traditional Japanese New Year foods) and Ozoni (a miso-based mochi soup) and the father on the other side (in law?) made it, and it's really delicious. After that, I took a nap, and then I went back to Osaka. It was a typical New Year's day. It's a new year that felt like a 'New Year'. In Osaka, I have a lot of relatives, but this New Year's was the first time 'my family' went to mother's parents' house. 

So, from my child's perspective, great-grandmother is still here, alive. It's like showing (to her) her great-grandchild. It's the only people from that generation from my mother's side that are still alive and that made me happy. [............ etc.]. We had a warm and cozy New Year's holiday, but it's already been a few days since the New Year's day ended.

(Then, he talked about his work).

----------

Note: He said "muko no otosama" so maybe he meant his father in law (Tao's dad). Please correct me if I'm wrong.

• Like 1

@setokaonii Thank you for sharing the translations of what Ryota said on Genetalk! You are so good at Japanese! :)

Aw. I like how Ryota talked about his family and how he mentioned his child. It is good that RyoTao can still celebrate the big events together despite their hectic schedules.

Regarding the part where he might be talking about Tao's dad. I think you have interpreted it right. I have read somewhere at weibo or Twitter that Tao's dad is a good cook.

Speaking of hectic schedules, Ryota will have a stage play soon. I'm looking forward to read about fans' encounter with Tao when she comes to support her husband.

Tao has been quite active updating IG. It is a huge difference from when she was on a her parental leave. I understand her though, being at home with your child requires a lot of your attention and time. 

I have noticed something in her latest IG entries. For some reason Tao seems quite familiar or close enough to some celebrities to call them -kun (Maeda Gordon) och -chan (Koshiba Fuka) although she hasn't worked with them before. They have worked with Ryota though so that's perhaps why? :p

• Like 1

@Transition I know right. Love to see the family bonding time. So, it makes sense now how they had the same sunrise photos on New Year's last year in 2023. Probably they were in the same place (with his family in-law to be), taking photo of sunrise and announced their marriage.

Regarding the stage play of 'HiGH&LOW THE SENGOKU', I heard that it will have a live viewing in Japan movie theaters nationwide. Hope the stage play will going to be well for Ryota. Hehe let's wait for fans' review.

Exactly. When I watched Hoeruyoru and Gurunai and saw Maeda Gordon and Koshiba Fuka, I was like 'weren't they work together with Ryota before and now they both were together with Tao in a show?'.

Btw, I heard that GENEKou (GENE高) is going to end after 7 years since it started the show, this will be the final. Of course fans were saddended by the news and could not believe that it will end soon as fans can no longer see the seven members together in this reality yet funny show. Will there be the continuation of this show or maybe another show involving them together? We do not know. 

Oh. I have just finished watching Ryota's new last year drama 'Oshi ga Joshi ni Narimashite'. That drama was so funny lol. I did not focus on the storyline that much but the characters were so funny especially the FL character played by Airi Suzuki.

Anyway, Tao's photobook Tao Rhythm (たおリズム) will be released soon. I wonder what will be the content inside the photobook.

@setokaonii Yes. It seems like a tradition of Tao's family to watch the first sunrise of the year together. I saw that Tao's siblings posted pictures of themselves with the sunrise this year as well.

Yes, hope Ryota's stage play will go well. :)

Aw. It is a pity that Genekou is going to end soon after 7 years. Although I haven't been actively following it I found the parts I saw funny/interesting.

Regarding Tao's photobook, I'm also very curious of the content. If I knew Japanese or if my eldest son didn't have the habit of throwing books on the floor and stepping on them I would have liked to buy one to support her. 

@Transition Haha. It is normal to see kids throwing things around. They are doing an "experiment" :tongue:. I have pre-ordered few days ago and it says it will release on Monday. Also, spoiler that I saw:

Spoiler

I heard that there's a comment from Kento on Tao Rhythm and people are so curious about it.

Btw, I have edited and added info on the genetalk translation. I forgot to put that he watched the sunrise together at 5 o'clock.

Guys, I have just read Tao's new photobook, Tao Rhythm! I was able to view it as soon as it released at 12:00am (Japan time) since I bought the digital version. She is holding RyoTao's baby.:bawling: And the maternity shots are so kawaii. It is worth buying.

:please:

• Like 1

@setokaonii Thank you for the information! I didn't know there's a digital version of the book. Where did you buy it?

Aw. RyoTao's baby :) I hope we will be able to see them post pictures of them with her/him in the future even if they decide to hide her/his eyes with cute heartfilter or something.

@Transition Yes, although we couldn't see the baby's face (as expected), at least we got to see Tao holds her child which is rarely happen. Glad that she decided to document this special moments into her book.

Here the links that were listed by its official publisher (Shogakukan) for book purchasing.

https://www.shogakukan.co.jp/purchase/paper/books/09682439