[Official] Katayose Ryota & Tsuchiya Tao (RyoTao | 涼太鳳) - Anikoma couple (real-life couple)

Transition

@Transition  I really noticed the way Gene's member call Tao-chan or Tao before, and the way they joked Ryota by mentioned Tao, Ryota couldn't talk or do anything, he only laughed. With Tao's letter, Ryota's letter, I believe that they are not only meet when filming, Promote Anikoma, But also meet in real life many times, But secretly. because Tao said she can't Remember how many times Ryota help her. Ryota always helps Tao when she was stress, told her "everything will be fine". If they only meet when filming & Promote Anikoma, they can't be close like this. So I won't be surprise if Tao meet Gene. Ryota & Tao are really soul-mate. I feel day By day, Their faces, their smile, their action are more similar LOL 

• Like 2

@lee-chan

I'll try to look into those when I'm free! aha. Also yeah regarding the backlashes it's best to brush it off bc mostly hate comments are rly just plain, blatant hate so theyre rly not worth to be stressed over.

@Transition

Woa, Tao actually rejected the role for Setoka 3 times? o__o *shook* but wow kudos to her bc she rly pulled the role off. Like I've seen few Tao fans(?) complaining abt her getting the role of Setoka bc the character is the typical clumsy, naive, innocent type so they claimed that shes too good for it so it's not worthy. But then personally I think acting as this kind of character requires some skills too. (as mentioned in a prev post even Tao herself thought acting as Setoka is a challenge) Hence she really deserves some compliments, bc to me she was really really refreshing, natural and fitting as Setoka? Couldnt count how many times I laughed at her behaviour in some scenes LMAO.

Considering how she initially rejected the role, and how shes constantly worried of pulling a Setoka, I could sort of see why she was so thankful for getting Ryota as her 'onii' bc he always assured her that it's all gonna be okay, like an actual brother. Also Ryota saying Tao is the only Setoka for him could be viewed as a compliment for her too, meaning she has nailed the character well so he couldnt see anyone else as Setoka. It's like they managed to effectively channel each other's role out of the other so thats some good chemistry/dynamic right there! Actual Setoka/Haruka in real life :D

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Transition said:

I don't know if you guys have watched these clips already but Ryota seems to like imitating Tao. :tongue:

At 03:00 Ryota said that Tao initially didn't want to eat bento because they were going to film a scene where he carries her but just when they were going to start filming Tao suddenly said something like: "Oh, I ate the bento afterall".

http://www.bilibili.com/video/av11509144/?from=search&seid=6317156786644903567

Around 02:00 Ryota said that he actually knew about the birthday surprise they had prepared for him and that's because when he was about to go inside the room Tao came towards him and said: "Onii, you are not allowed to go in there yet."

http://www.bilibili.com/video/av12229995/?from=search&seid=13887632317478550958

I had watch a video before in twitter the compilation when Ryota imitates Tao.He imitates "Oh, I ate the bento afterall" many times in different interview XD At first I didn't understand what that he said.I just laugh abt it anyway bcs the way he imitates Tao's voice is cute.Thanks @Transition for the translation.I have try to find the compilation video again but I couldn't find it.:(

Edited by one23507
  • Like 3

@ryotatao9495 Have you watched the BTS of Anikoma? There's a part where Tao explained where the gesture of covering her eyes while moving her fingers came from. She said Ryota did that movement in a performance and she got mesmerized by that. Ryota then asked "How can one get mesmerized by that?" A fan said that except for watching their concert in DVD she must have gone to their concert personally as well because that performance she was talking about hadn't been released yet in DVD when they filmed Anikoma. So Tao probably has met them already last year and perhaps during more occasions but privately like you said. A lot of people have also said that Tao and Ryota look like each other, especially when they laugh or smile, Asians call that "husband-wife face". 

@marchingfishes Yes, Tao said in an interview and also at one of the stage-greetings that she didn't have the confidence that she would be able to act the role as Setoka well because she has read the manga and she thinks Setoka is really cute and that she doesn't look like her at all. Her personality is totally different from herself as well. I understand what Tao mean, Setoka is a girl who is full of love fantasies and would easily fall in love with guys while she herself doesn't even have any dating experience :tongue: But like you said that is a challenge itself, to act someone who is different from how you are. I think she did a good job. Haha, I laughed at her too for her behaviour and the things she said in the drama. I'm glad that the director was so persistent because I can't imagine anyone else as Setoka either. Yes, I think both Ryota and Tao supported each other a lot. Both had the same worries that they wouldn't be able to handle the role well but fortunately everything went smoothly for them. Their good chemistry was built up by their effort to get to know each other. I have read an interview where Ryota said that they both discussed how their relationship and interactions in the drama/movie should be like since Ryota in real-life is the only child while Tao has an elder sister and a younger brother so neither of them has any experience that they could refer to. 

As for Tao's recent instagram updates, a fan noticed that the picture of Ryota sitting by the beach with a red flag nearby and cloudy sky has been posted before, but by Ryota himself last year. So Tao and Ryota posted the same picture or similar picture but during different times. It is not any big "discovery" but it is quite amusing how they chose to post the same picture.

@one23507 I have seen Ryota imitate Tao too in another interview, I think it was an interview of Ryota only. I think it is cute too whenever he does that.

Pictures from the movie

005SVEKGly1fhhlm5i2ilj30ku0krjsj.jpg

005SVEKGgy1fhgxzffcmzj30kt0knn23.jpg

Credit: Me-wi

• Like 5

@Transition Yes I saw it. I think Ryota was shy when Tao said it :) I remember that I read an interview somewhere, when Tao knew Ryota will act Haruka, she & Chiba came to Gene's concert. Tao said that Ryota on the stage is very different. She can't believe that is Onii-chan. I try to find it, But can't see. 

• Like 2

@ryotatao9495 I like how Tao is doing "homeworks" everytime she gets a new project such as reading the manga and getting to know her co-star. Actually both Ryota and Tao have read the original manga. I know that Ryota was a bit shy when he read it as it has quite a few daring and intimate scenes there, but I haven't heard anything about what Tao think. Except that when they were going to choose a memorable scene or a scene which they liked Tao actually chose the bathroom scene. She probably forgot what happened later in that part :tongue: (in the manga Onii touched Setoka chest). 

Yes, Tao has mentioned a few times that the impression she got of Ryota as a member of Generations of Exile Tribe and later when they started to work together is different. She said that she thought he was a bit scary when she watched him in the group but when she got to know him it turned out that he is actually very gentle and calm. 

There are some fans who have noticed that Ryota seems to easily get jealous whenever Chiba Yudai and Tao are being close.

In this interview Yudai said that apparently Ryota was jealous when he saw him kissing Tao so he didn't want to watch the scene and just walked away. Ryota explained that he felt shy because it was his first time watching a kissing scene from the monitor and also because he was immersed in the emotions of the character so that's why he acted that way. (just excuses :tongue:  jk)

Interview

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4134039302435868

Here's another show. At 21:00 Yudai and Tao switched their food and also talked with each other without really paying attention to the host and Ryota. When the host pointed out that they were talking with each other happily Ryota said: "You two don't talk quickly like that." Even the host sensed some jealousy there. But if you pay attention to the part when Tao talked about Ryota, Ryota's bowl was now in front of Tao so I think Ryota and Tao also switched their food. 

http://www.bilibili.com/video/av11681762/?from=search&seid=5433965856755903848

Here's another time when Tao and Yudai was asked regarding them having collaborated 3 times. The other actors teased them that it was like they were in their own world and apparently Ryota said some things too which showed his jealousy. I haven't seen any translations of this clip so far. It is just what I have heard from other fans. 

Credit: Maidigitv

Ryota was asked in the interview below what he has in common with the character Haruka and he said it should be that they both get jealous easily.

https://ent.sina.cn/film/foreign/2017-06-30/detail-ifyhrxtp6368568.d.html?from=wap

• Like 3

Ryota is very shy when reading the manga.He even downloaded the manga in his phone bcs he didn't want to read the manga in book version LOL.I have see some of the spoiler from the manga.Indeed the manga looks like it have many intimate scenes XD

@TransitionI had watch a video before in Youtube.Ryota,Tao and Yudai was showing the manga.They keep on flipping the pages.Then,Tao showed the bathroom scene in the manga if Im not mistaken.Ryota's face looks very shocked hahaha.Tao is clueless I guess.Im sure Ryota's mind go somewhere thinking abt the intimate scene in the manga XD

The video that you post when Tao and Yudai was asked abt them collaborated for 3 times,Ryota's face look serious and he looks like he is jealous LOL.

I think Yudai know something abt Ryota and Tao.He seems like to tease them.He even teased Ryota when he was about to shoot kiss scene with Tao.Just like @Transitionposted,he also tease Ryota for being jealous.

I think that Ryota is also lucky because he is the first co-star that kiss Tao's neck(?)But,I also see the trailer when Yudai looks like he wants to kiss Tao's neck after removing the strap. Okay Im not sure who is the first one :tongue:

• Like 3

@Transition omg for some reason im a little surprised abt them actually reading the manga. Probs bc it was super intimate or ecchi to me and they're both gentle/shy types so.... hahaha. 
Did they both happen to have read the manga even before knowing tht they got casted into the drama/movie or did they only start reading after they know abt the casting?

Tao choosing the bathroom scene as the memorable one though LMAO this girl.... Though that scene does look pretty impactful ngl

It's cute that she gets a different impression of Ryota when he's in idol mode. But then again a number of idols are like that. They have opposite vibes/images on and off stage. So that just proves how good Ryota is as a performer too. 

Jealous Ryota..... very Haruka right there. You know it's real when a guy gets jealous ayye

@one23507 Yeah I saw that snippet of Takane leaning in to kiss Setoka in the car too. Looks like he's aiming for the neck but I'm hoping it's just a case of an angle trick. Tao and Yudai may already have their first on-screen kiss partner but Tao's gonna be Ryota's first so all's good hehe

Also, is there any of you who's a Ryota fan even before the drama/movie? Bc I was just wondering how are his fans' reaction like about him getting close and acting quite some intimate scenes alongside Tao :o

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ryotatao9495 said:

@one23507 can you give me link video they read manga? I never heard that. 

Where you know Ryota download manga & shy? (T_T)

Im sorry:(I have try to find the video in Youtube but I can't find it anymore.I found the video before randomly in Youtube and I forgot to save the link.

The clothes that they wore in the video same from their stage greeting.

Image result for tao tsuchiya and ryota katayose

Cr model press

The video is quite short though.I will try to look for it again during my free time.

Regarding Ryota downloading the manga and being shy,I remember I read about it somewhere in Twitter.I didn't remember what is the fan account though.Sorry for not helping much :(

@marchingfishesIm becoming his fan after watching Anikoma though and I dont know anything about him before.I think mostly people here also became his fans after Anikoma.From what I read,his fans are quite jealous with Tao XD but his fans' jealousy is not like the harsh one.Their jealousy is more like cute one and they didn't say anything bad about Tao.

@Transitionalso had said this before in youtube...

"I also think Ryota's fans like Tao more generally because she is his first and only female lead. I have read some cute comments from fans of Ryota that they are willing to let go off him and let another girl have him because it is Tao. I understand though that there may be some people who doesn't like her but hopefully the majority of Ryota's fans would continue to be this supportive of them"

• Like 3

@one23507 Yes, that's the same video I saw. I noticed how Ryota looked surprised too. Haha, like you said he was probably thinking of the intimate scenes and felt shy about it. I think Yudai might have sensed or knows something about Tao and Ryota too. If I remember correctly there was a video where he asked Ryota in a teasing way "I have heard that you are soon going to film a kissing scene?"

I do think Ryota is the first one who has been that intimate with Tao (kissing her neck), unless Yudai has done that too but from one of the clips I saw I think Tao/Setoka moved away/rejected him. Tao hasn't filmed much intimate scenes and even her on-screen kisses so far have been quite reserved so I think we can be pretty sure that Ryota is the first one.  

@marchingfishes Tao and Ryota started reading the manga when they knew that they were going to film the movie/drama. Haha, I know what you mean. I can imagine how they were blushing and feeling shy when they read the manga. It surprised me too how many daring scenes there were. I was thinking if any of those would be included in the live-action and if their agencies would accept them acting out those scenes. But as I expected a lot of them weren't included or got changed. 

I didn't know about Ryota before watching Anikoma but I have been at a few of his fans' weibo and most of them like him with Tao. They would also defend her when one or a few trolls bash her. As quoted by one23507 I think it is cute too how some of the fans have said they are willing to let go off him and let another girl have him if it is Tao. 

• Like 4

@ryotatao9495 @one23507 I have found the clip where Tao, Ryota and Yudai chose their favourite/memorable scene from the manga. 

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4120461861851179

Here's a clip from a show where the host asked Tao, Ryota and Yudai if there are any kissing scenes in the movie. I don't think Ryota was allowed to reveal the story (who Setoka ends up with) so he didn't say anything but from looking at his expression I think he would have been glad to do so. :tongue:The fans said he probably thought "I had more than you (Yudai) I had two kisses and one on the neck. "

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4129146843608510

• Like 4

Hi there! I'm glad to found this thread big thanks to @Transition who made it and @ryotatao9495 for who lead me to it. If you don't know me I'm Universal Design who talks with you in the RyoTao MV Youtube from the comment section.Really Happy to meet new fans here as well who able to support Tao with Ryota and appreciated her. Thank you Ryota fans who accepted Tao with all their heart since I'v gain bad experience with her haters from fans of different actors except few like Ryota and Kamenashi Kazyua fans who are nice to her.. 

As always I'm late in the party but I will try to catch up with new updates but it took me a while to write ( I'm such a turtle) . And I'm enjoying about the analyzing of Ryota's Jealousy behavior hahaha since I find it hard to read his body language but translating these interviews really helps me a lot what's going on with Anikoma cast. Thanks to who ever help us translating and again thanks to @Transition for filling the thread with alot of important information.

Sorry for my English if there is mistakes.

Edited by 00lama00
  • Like 5

Thank you @Transition:Dfor posting the link when they choose their favourite scene.

The comments in the video link when the host asked if there are any kissing scenes are funny.I read it using Google translate though XD If Im not mistaken lots of them commenting abt cherry boy:tongue:

By the way this is the link when Yudai teased Ryota when he is going to shoot the kiss scene with Tao.It is around 03:42.

@00lama00Welcome to this thread!!We have been waiting for you:heart:

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Transition said:

@ryotatao9495 @one23507 I have found the clip where Tao, Ryota and Yudai chose their favourite/memorable scene from the manga. 

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4120461861851179

Thank you very much. It's clearly seen that while Tao was looking for her favourite scene in the manga, Ryota was looking at her book and waiting for her choice (Yudai's just looking at his own book). He must have been very curious.

Ong! I love them together so much

Edited by thuyhoang62
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, 00lama00 said:

Hi there! I'm glad to found this thread big thanks to @Transition who made it and @ryotatao9495 for who lead me to it. If you don't know me I'm Universal Design who talks with you in the RyoTao MV Youtube from the comment section.Really Happy to meet new fans here as well who able to support Tao with Ryota and appreciated her. Thank you Ryota fans who accepted Tao with all their heart since I'v gain bad experience with her haters from fans of different actors except few like Ryota and Kamenashi Kazyua fans who are nice to her.. 

Welcome welcome! :wub:

• Like 2

@00lama00 Welcome to the thread! I have been looking forward to see you here :) Yes, like you said I think it is easier to sense if Ryota or Tao do feel something for each other if you know what they are saying or writing since they both are so calm whenever they are on events. However, from all the hints that fans have discovered I do think that there's a chance that Ryota likes Tao. Unlike her other co-stars like Kame and Kento who have said her behaviour reminds them of a mother, Ryota has said he thinks she is mature in some aspects but yet sometimes she would show her child-like behaviour too. He has described her as very natural and real, like a baby. His ideal girlfriend criteria except for being able to take care of people is also that it would be good if she is natural. What I have noticed too is that Ryota has taken after Tao's habit of writing long essays, at least when it comes to writing entries regarding Anikoma. 

@one23507 Yes, the fans was teasing Ryota for having so little experience when it comes to those things :tongue: Thank you for posting the video. Haha, Yudai is funny. The way he talked.

@thuyhoang62 You are welcome! It would have been good if the clip had subtitles because I'm curious on what Ryota said after Tao had chosen her scene. What I could understand from what Tao explained about her choice was "cute" and "a bit heartfluttering". 

• Like 3

This is also their recommended scenes from the movie. 

@Transition I also notice that when he posted about Anikoma,his caption was long:tongue:Seems like he is following the footsteps of the queen of essay XD

I wonder what does he feel when he kiss Tao's neck.He still a healthy man right?Beside,he hasn't dated for a long time so Im sure his desire must be bottled up(joking :p)

Did anyone notice that Tao doesn't follow Yudai in instagram?That is somehow weird because they are quite close.The only men that she follow are Ryoma,her brother in Mare,Takuni and Ryota.

• Like 4

@one23507 Ryota has said he thought the bathroom scene was the most difficult to act and also the one that he felt shy about. He had to re-do that scene several times too because the outcome wasn't what the director wanted. I just read an article where he explained what was in his head when he filmed that part, which I think is quite interesting. He said that that part was filmed during the later period of their schedule and that it was not only Haruka's feelings that he put into that scene but he also thought of all the feelings that he has felt during the process of filming and all the things he has experienced with Tao, he used all those combinations to act out that scene. That it was feelings from Katayose Ryota himself as well as Haruka's. 

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4124086530169006

Here's a clip where you could see Ryota, Tao and Yudai's reactions to a few scenes in the movie. There's one scene which hadn't been shown before. It was of Tao looking perplexed with her hair down and then you could see the reflection of her in the mirror (the scene after the backhug). According to the fans, Ryota has said he thinks that scene is heartfluttering and sexy (色氣). I googled it to see what it means if you use those words in Japanese and in yahoo they said it means sexy. That explains why the hosts were all excited during that part. It is at 01:50 of the video. I'm a bit surprised that Ryota would say such things :tongue: I must agree though that Tao do look good there. 

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4123187967115689

The explanation of 色氣

https://tw.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130116000015KK04231

Thank you for sharing the magazine scan! I'm looking forward to see those scenes that Tao and Ryota recommended because I would like to know how Setoka reacted to Haruka's actions.

I have also noticed that Tao doesn't follow Yudai. I was wondering if it is because he is a senior so she feels that there's a distance between them or if they perhaps aren't that close? I don't think I have heard her call him Yudai-kun before only Chiba-san. She doesn't follow Kento either, but I think I understand why, to not let the rumours become any bigger than it was. 

• Like 3