[Official] Katayose Ryota & Tsuchiya Tao (RyoTao | 涼太鳳) - Anikoma couple (real-life couple)

Transition

what a nice sight to see Tao in this thread! She's one of my favorite Japanese Actress.

Although I do ship her with lot's of her male leading men like Kento, Ryoma and even Shota she also has this chemistry with Ryota.

• Like 1

On 2017-07-24 at 2:34 AM, thuyhoang62 said:

They're so cute together! OMG! I love them so much! 

Hope Tao will appear in the PV of Generation one day!

(Do you know what Chiba Yudai replied to Tao when she proposed in the radio interview?)

Chiba Yudai declined her in a teasing way. When Tao proposed to him he asked her how old she is and she answered 14 (Chiba Yudai asked her beforehand to play a 14 year old fan). Yudai said: "Then you will have to wait 2 more years". In Japan the legal age to get married is 16. 

I hope Tao will be able to guest-star in their PV too or be a guest for their concerts. Tao can dance and also play the piano so she can definitely contribute with something if they were to invite her. She recently also sang the themesong for an animated movie and also wrote the lyrics herself. 

@lee-chan Welcome to the thread! Tao is also one of my favourite actresses. She is a versatile actress and like you said she has good chemistry with many actors but my favourite co-star of hers is Ryota. Although he is young he comes off as quite mature from what I have seen of him in interviews. The same can be said about Tao. That's why I find them compatible. 

For those who liked the drama/movie and is curious on how the manga is here is a link to a few important scenes in the manga. Out of all those scenes there is only one which is included in the movie and that's the one where Setoka helps Haruka to wash his hair

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4107340850418977

The manga has a lot more intimate scenes compared to the live-action and I think it is because Ryota and Tao haven't acted such scenes before and their agencies/fans probably wouldn't like the idea either. As for the bathroom scene I'm quite sure it would be some difference there as well. 

Here's also links to detailed spoilers of the movie (in Chinese) for those who would like to know.

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4124511693931813

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4125128755142475?luicode=10000011&lfid=1005052246628713&featurecode=20000180

http://www.bilibili.com/video/av13593242/?from=search&seid=16358665307379992676

• Like 4

wow thank you so much for this thread! 6 months is sorta a long time to wait for the movie to be released online so at least this can help in keeping me occupied aha!

i decided to try out anikoma bc of chiba yudai but funny thing is i end up getting sooooo attached to setoka/haruka or ryota/tao in general instead bc their chemistry in both on and off-screen is very soft and lovable! it's my first time watching both ryota and tao act tbh so gotta say they're one of my few favourites now

• Like 3

@marchingfishes Yes, 6 months is a long wait. Hopefully it won't take too long for it to get subbed. There's no need to thank me. I'm just glad to be able to share things about Ryota x Tao and the movie with you guys. :)

Your situation is similar to mine. I remember when I heard the news that Tao, Ryota and Yudai were going to film this movie together last year I wanted Tao to pair up with Yudai since I didn't know anything about Ryota back then but after watching the drama and clips of them together I liked her with Ryota better. 

More Mvs

Ryota x Tao (clips from different events and also the radio show Genetalk)

http://www.bilibili.com/video/av12208721/?from=search&seid=3656238124199686421

Haruka x Setoka (it includes scenes from the new trailer)

http://www.bilibili.com/video/av12453050/?from=search&seid=1244412265742944609

• Like 5

@ryotatao9495 I remember you asked me if I could post the clip where Tao said that she is quite slow when it comes to relationships, that she wouldn't notice or sense if a guy likes her if he doesn't make it clear to her, and that's why she would like a straight-forward confession.

I couldn't find the original source but it is included in one of the MVs that I just posted. It begins at 0:29.

Here's the link again

http://www.bilibili.com/video/av12208721/?from=search&seid=3656238124199686421

Ryota was also present when she said that. That's perhaps why he came up with that play at their last stage-greeting? I don't know a lot of Japanese but from what I could decipher of Tao's hand gestures and based on the little Japanese that I know she praised him for being direct and straight-forward with his confession. I like how both Ryota and Tao seem to remember what one another has said very well, such as in this example and also when Tao decided on what kind of clothes she was going to wear to the last stage-greeting she remembered that Ryota has said he liked jeans skirts on girls so that's why she chose it (as the theme was summer date).

• Like 5

@Transition Thank you for your link. Tao said she wants a straight-forward confession & Ryota said "I will wait until you Love me". Ryota is a cautious boy, he won't say anything if he is not sure, he always thinks carefully before he talks, even it is just a show. On the Anikoma last stage, he said that he spent 2 days to think about what he will said when acting a couple with Tao. So I think when he said he will wait, it was mean he really wants to wait for Tao. And Ryota used to said that he is a shy boy, he isn't confident to confess when he likes a girl, he worries that he will be denied & lost friendship when he confesses. But I think Tao makes Ryota change, in my opinion, Tao suggests to Ryota By what she said. That's why we see Ryota Gets Up The Nerve to confess By All he can do he can say when he is near Tao.

• Like 4

Hi everyone :D

This is my first time posting in this thread.Actually I have soompi account before but I forgot the password already as I haven't use it for a long time.I knew some people here which are @Transition and @ryotatao9495 whom I met in youtube.Im glad that there are also other shippers joining the thread @thuyhoang62 @lee-chan @marchingfishes :heart:

@ryotatao9495 had said before about Ryota was interviewed by the interviewer.He laughed and put his hand at Tao's waist for a few second.Tao keep smiling after that and she kind of scratched Ryota's hand after that.I wonder what does that mean ^_^Here is the video clip if anyone want to watch it.

A few days ago,I also found a video when Ryota touched Tao's waist during Onikawa Film Festival.But,it seems like the situation was different than above.In the video,Ryota was holding Tao's waist for a while in the video and after that he was holding her shoulder instead.I think this is a different situation than above bcs as you can see in the video above,Tao was scratching Ryota's hand after he put his hand at Tao's waist.The video that I found in twitter is there is no reaction from Tao.I think that there are two times Ryota put his hand at Tao's waist.He seems doesn't know where to put his hand LOL.Btw,this is the video.It is around 00:32.

Honestly,I dont think that is spazzworthy enough but as a shipper even the smallest thing would make me happy:wub:

Note:Sorry for the bad grammar.I hope everyone can understand.

• Like 4

Quick question, in Tao's letter to Ryota as shown in previous post, she said "Calling you onii (brother) was a mistake, if I didn't ask you back then if I could call you onii how good would that have been? Because by just calling you that right now I can barely hold back my tears."

Can anyone explain to me what exactly did she mean by "calling Ryota 'onii' was a mistake" and that if she "didn't start calling him 'onii' earlier, it would have been good/better"? Did she mean that she would have actually preferred calling him something else, or was she just implying that calling him 'onii' has grown to become so memorable to her so she gets teary-eyed everytime?

• Like 1

Hi minnasan...i'm new member in this forum,very glad that everyone in here has same analyze bout ryota -tao relationship...i love them because anikoma and now love generations too..I just cant help bout happy for what are they relationship..friend or more.Because as fan i will happy what their choice bad or good..(i'm maotsujun shipper,but my shipper now seem imposibble) sorry for bad language...arigatoo..

• Like 3

@ryotatao9495 Ryota does seem shy and I have also read that he is afraid to get rejected but sometimes you have to take risks to be able to get what you want. So hopefully he will take some actions if he really likes Tao. 

@one23507 Thank you for sharing the clip of the Okinawa film festival. I have seen some pictures where Ryota was having his hand behind Tao's waist and they were taken at different moments so like you said he did do that gestures a few times that day. :tongue:

bkn-20170423182641405-0423_00862_001_03p

Tao holding his arm

006zj0xygy1fhweki1qakj30lc0sg433.jpg

Here's one of the pictures of Tao helping Ryota to fix his suit

36-760x507.jpg

Here's a video of Tao fixing Ryota's suit

Credit: RyotaTao

@marchingfishes I think your second interpretation is right. That Tao meant she now gets easily teary-eyed by just calling him onii. I have wondered too how it would have been if she didn't call him that. There was a show where we could hear her call him quietly Ryota because the host asked her and Yudai to try calling him that instead of onii. It was cute but calling him onii is quite special too. Like Tao said about Setoka and Haruka's relationship, it isn't her real brother anyways :tongue: 

@purplekhie Welcome to the thread! I agree with you. As long as they are happy then I believe fans will be that too no matter who they choose as partner. It would make a lot of their supporters especially happy though if they could turn from reel to real couple. 

• Like 5

@Transition Right? The fact tht she calls him onii is pretty special tbvh, so when I misinterpreted her message saying tht calling Ryota 'onii' was a mistake, I felt a little sad >< So glad tht it's the other way round haha! Tao getting teary-eyed easily just by calling him onii actually shows how much their Tachibana roles have left an impact on them in real life imo.

I've watched that clip youre refering to btw! But might have missed Tao's part as she was too quiet :D Anyhow it was entertaining to see their amused faces after their first name was called LOL 

• Like 3

@marchingfishes Yes, Tao was really quiet when she said Ryota. She called him that right after Yudai. Haha, in Japan calling someone without honorific seems to be quite a big matter :tongue:

Ryota and Tao at a 4D cinema

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4122530064717709

I have posted this clip before at youtube. Tao and Ryota were at a 4D cinema, that is a cinema where the chairs can move and also where you can smell different scents. 

The host asked them what kind of scents Tao and Ryota have, since there's a scene where he hugs her.

Ryota: Tao-chan, she naturally has a nice scent.

Host: Is it a bit difficult to use something concrete to describe it?

Ryota: Hm...it is like the scent of sesame.

Tao (*giggles and covers her face*): Is it a nice scent?

Ryota: Very nice! Do you understand what I mean when I say it is like the scent of sesame?

Host: I undersand. It should be a fragrant scent. 

Ryota: Do I have some kind of scent?

Tao: As for onii, fried chicken, because in the movie/drama he always deep-fry chicken.

Ryota: Fried chicken?! Fried chicken is an amazing (description).

Host: If the movie has come to the scene where Ryota hugs (Tao) and then a scent of fried chicken comes out that would....

Ryota: Please don't!

Tao: Isn't that quite good? Fried chicken smells good and is delicious. 

Ryota: Our focus has become skewed (he means that they have gone off-topic from describing each other scents to food).

Tao: And it is healthy too. 

--------------------------------

I have read that Ryota likes girls who smell nice and he also like when girls praise him for smelling good. He explained it is because he normally doesn't use perfume so if someone says he smells good then it means that she is standing really close to him. His heart would flutter at that thought. He didn't seem especially happy though to hear that he smells like fried chicken :tongue: 

• Like 4

thank you for making this thread!

Although I am more open minded who ever Tao is shipped with (a big fan of KenTao since I love them in Mare and Orange), yet the mere fact she has a thread makes me happy.

But have you guys heard or read any back lash from fans regarding Tao? I've seen a few in Twitter. Makes me sad really.

• Like 1

@Transition Could sorta know how Ryota feels LMAO but well pretty sure Tao means no harm and said it to entertain him. She did add tht fried chicken smells nice anyway so :lol:

@lee-chan I've never tried Mare or Orange but I did watch some KenTao clips, gotta say theyre cute too! Though whats interesting is that ryotao and kentao seem to give off different feels or dynamic to me so it's nice to see.

Btw Ive encountered a few backlashes but I guess theyre mild ones? Mainly about her being ~overrated~ and few shipping matters... How does one hate this gentle-hearted girl tho.....

• Like 1

@marchingfishes you should try to watch those! although I've seen Tao in Rurouni Kenshin; it made me love her more in Mare being a longer drama and her being the main lead. It's very heartwarming too since the drama is a transition from her being a student till she gets married.

Ryotao has pretty cute photos together too, I can spot their chemistry off and on screen. :)

Yeah I guess it's not that harsh, but yeah about shipping matters it's annoying at times but I tell myself not to dwell on it too much.

• Like 3

@TransitionWhen Tao helped Ryota to fix his suit,they looks like get used to it already.Their face looks relax and not awkward.I think Tao also takes care of Ryota during off screen too.Tao's costar,Kame had said before that she tends to take care of other people until he feels that Tao is just like his mom.Tao is a nice girl:heart:

@purplekhieWelcome to this thread XD May I ask what wrong with maotsujun?I thought they are together because I had read an article when the interviewer asks her about Jun's scandal.Sorry guys because this is off topic.

@thuyhoang62Same with me.I can't understand Japanese and Chinese at all since Im a Malaysian.I really depends on @Transitionfor the translation.

@lee-chanYes I have read before in twitter that some of them said that Tao is overrated,short,didn't know how to act etc.Mostly because she has 4 movies this year and they kind of sick from seeing her everywhere.Well although Im angry when they said something like that but I will just think they are the immature one.So,I don't think too much about it.As long as Tao is happy,Im happy too.Her smile brights up my day :)By the way,it is very nice to see her fans here eventhough you ship her with other person too.At least you can share some of your thought.

Honestly,right now Im kind of miss the time before the Anikoma promotion is over.I will wait eagerly for the videos and pictures from the event.It is rather quite these days and I miss to see Ryota and Tao in one frame together.Im glad that Ryota and Tao still updating their instagram regularly.

• Like 3

Bout shipping ryota with egirls unit reina flower...but it's dont matter because every fans has they own couple...so be logical again if this shipping not come true we always happy...because their drama bring happiness ...This drama its Ryota breakthrough and becoming famous and maybe Tao reach him alot in act..so Ryota admire but hopely like Tao because of that...no worries...but surely this boy realy falling in love he..he..

• Like 2

@thuyhoang62 Tao likes food so she should like his smell then :tongue: You are welcome! Although I can read Chinese I still feel I'm missing out a lot. Tao has mentioned Ryota many few times on Instagram, there was once when she mentioned him and then something about her parents to which Ryota also replied, but sadly I haven't seen any translation of that entry. It is the one of her on the swings. There's a translation of a quite recent one though where she said he reminds her of Ultraman (the blue one) and that she can't pinpoint what it is. 

@lee-chan I have read quite a few criticisms about Tao. Some of them are from Kento fans (probably due to the rumours from 2016) and also some who always comment about her looks and saying she is lucky that she gets to act with handsome guys that she must have saved the universe from her previous life. I usually just brush off the comments but I do think they are being unfair and harsh. She is in a lot of productions because her acting and work ethics are recognized by the directors and actors alike so that's why they are inviting her to star in their movies. The director for Anikoma insisted on using her although she actually declined the offer three times. As for the rumours with Kento, I feel sorry for her since they aren't even dating and yet people just assume that they are due to the tabloids and are bashing her for that. 

@marchingfishes Haha, Ryota knows that Tao likes food, especially meat so he should know that it was more like a compliment :tongue: . I agree with you that Ryotao and Kentao give off different feel too. I think it is because Kento is more boyish while Ryota seems serious and calm. Nonetheless, I think both couples have their own charm. 

@one23507 Yes, it looked really sweet and natural too when Tao helped Ryota with the suit. She seems like an attentive girl since I didn't notice anything wrong with his suit when looking at the pictures and videos and she saw that although she was walking on his other side. 

@purplekhie Anikoma is really a good start for Ryota. He has gotten a lot of new fans because of the movie. :)

• Like 4

There will be another event on the 31st of July but only Ryota and Takuya (the third male lead) will be attending. I don't know if it is because Tao is busy filming her other movie but it does feel sad that there probably won't be more events of these two together. 

I don't know if you guys have watched these clips already but Ryota seems to like imitating Tao. :tongue:

At 03:00 Ryota said that Tao initially didn't want to eat bento because they were going to film a scene where he carries her but just when they were going to start filming Tao suddenly said something like: "Oh, I ate the bento afterall".

http://www.bilibili.com/video/av11509144/?from=search&seid=6317156786644903567

Around 02:00 Ryota said that he actually knew about the birthday surprise they had prepared for him and that's because when he was about to go inside the room Tao came towards him and said: "Onii, it is better for you to stay here."

http://www.bilibili.com/video/av12229995/?from=search&seid=13887632317478550958

I just watched this clip of the members of Generation of Exile Tribe helping Ryota to promote the movie and I noticed how the members referred Tao as Tao-chan or just Tao, which make me think if they have perhaps already met her before? Because usually if people aren't familiar with each other and especially on events they would say Tsuchiya-san. 

http://www.bilibili.com/video/av11956888/?from=search&seid=13056840959083880902

• Like 6