[Official] Katayose Ryota & Tsuchiya Tao (RyoTao | 涼太鳳) - Anikoma couple (real-life couple)

Transition

@Transition Oh, they are the same age but it seems that the FL has been in the entertainment industry for a long time, even longer than Tao. Her boyfriend is younger than her, like Mackenyu and his wife.

I see, so they are currently filming the new drama. Looks like Ryota's bang is back. Finally. He looks more handsome with bangs. Is this the hairstyle for his new drama? I wonder how many episode will it be? How long will it take to finish filming? I tried to view the manga just so I can see how it will go later for the drama, of what I saw, the manga is not as 'ecchi' as Anikoma manga. It's just a normal manga which can be read by many people from different age range.

Thank you for sharing the "latest" vacation photo of Tao wearing her wedding ring! I wonder how long will this series of photo from Noto trip continue hahah. Just kidding. To be able to see her new post is already good enough.

Btw, I watched some parts of 'The Bachelor Japan' where Ryota was one of the MC of the shows (I'm not a fan of love reality shows btw but I just watched to see Ryota). There was this part when this one contestant straightly said "Aishiteru" to the man (the bachelor). So, the MCs were discussing about it.

Fujimori (MC) : Did she really say "Aishiteru"?

Sashihara (Girl MC): I have never said that.

Oda-san (MC): I have.

Fujimori (MC) : Eh? (disbelief) Frankly speaking, it's strange that Oda-san said that. (laughing)

Oda-san (MC) : Yes, I have.

~~~

~~~

Fujimori (MC) to Ryota: Do you remember saying it? 

Ryota (MC): I think, I did. Something like "I like you" (suki da), I'm the type of person who can say such things without hesitation.

Fujimori (MC) to Ryota: Have you ever said "Aishiteru" (I love you)? 

Ryota (MC) : I have, yes.

Note: Aishiteru is such a strong word and japanese people rarely used it as it holds a lot of weight and it is not to be used casually. The phrase is often only used when the person is definitely sure of their feelings, usually reserved for married couples (husband and wife). It is a very strong form of love, used when people want to show intense devotion to each other. Also used in extreme situations like saying it to someone who is dying (like mother to a dead child). Usually, the japanese people will just use the word Suki "I like you" (very casual) or Daisuki "I like you a lot/really like you" (more serious). Aishiteru is too strong to be said (very serious).

@setokaonii Thank you for sharing that part of Bachelor! It is sweet that Ryota isn't afraid to express his love to his partner, especially the more rare and "stronger" form av "I love you" in Japanese. I just imagined him saying that to Tao. :)

I was wondering what the clip with his logo and birthdate means too. Tao used the emoji with sunflower in one of her latest IG posts and the bee made some fans at weibo think of Tao's fanclub name. So could it be something related to Tao or their child like you said or are we just thinking too much? :p 

• Like 1

@Transition You are welcome. Hehe I don't know who else would he says that powerful and special words to other than his wife. I still have not yet finish watching The Bachelor. I stopped halfway and probably will continue to watch later before my Amazon Prime subscription expired lol. Although we always hear 'Aishiteru' in songs, according to japanese it is actually weird for them to say 'Aishiteru' to other and to hear someone says 'Aishiteru' especially if you don't know them long and deeply. I think that was why they were discussing about the topic in The Bachelor.

Regarding his logo, it is literally his name. It is a combination of every letter of his name. :lol: After thinking and thinking, I just realised that and finally got the answer. 

Katayose

5693-D4-F1-BE60-42-E3-BC8-E-F03-FCE1-CC4

Ryota

9-DD216-EE-3151-406-B-9935-8722-F473-E01

• Like 1

Guys, finally the official announcement. Congratulations to Ryota and Tao on the arrival of their new baby! I believe they will make the most wonderful parents. May their family be constantly surrounded with love and joy. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CwgmDvzyvuU

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cwgl5M9yDEJ

So, when did Tao give birth again? Can someone enlighten me. I think I have low reading comprehension. :lol:

@Transition Haha! So it's true then. Remember the other day we discussed privately in DM that Ryota will reveal and announce on his birthday. But they only show the video of 'sky' on their post though, not even a finger but I am happy that Tao and the baby are safe. :) Also, the funniest thing is we discussed that the reason they hide and don't want to announce because they want to do a vlog lol but we know it is impossible (they keep it low and not even showing any trace of the baby finger, not like the common posts by other japanese celebrities including his senpais).

• Like 2

Congratulations to Ryota and Tao for the baby! I hope the delivery went well and that both Tao and the baby are doing good. 

@setokaonii Yes, the fans who guessed that they would announce it on Ryota's birthday guessed it right. It is sweet that they chose to announce it on his birthday. Aw, but I was expecting them to at least show their hands (with their wedding rings) around the baby's hands or feet. I also thought they would have a joint announcement with both of their names together. I haven't paid attention to how other celebrity couples do. For those who had a joint announcement for their marriage, did they have a separate one with only their own names when the wife gave birth? 

But at the same time I kind of understand why they decided to post a video of the sky. The sky has a special meaning to them. As for the date of birth, it may have been the day before or days before Josei Seven revealed it. 

I wonder whether we will ever know if their child is a boy or a girl.

[Edited] 

Okay, now after reading Ryota's version of the announcement I guess one of the reasons for the separate announcement is because he wanted to mention that the three of them welcomed his 29th birthday together.

Hehe. Another thing someone at weibo pointed out. Although both of their annoucement are about the same and the video of the sky is the same, one of them forgot to turn off the background sound so the camerasound (most likely someone who took pictures of the baby) could be heard. Can you guess who it was? :p Yes, it was Tao. 

Thank you for the explanation of the logo :)

• Like 2

@Transition Yes, me too. I was expecting to see at least a baby finger:unsure: but I guess it would never happen. Anyhow, although we already heard about the rumour that she has given birth before, I am glad that they finally decided to announce it by themselves. I wonder if they post anything about the arrival of their new baby on their personal blog? I think you mentioned here before that someone said the baby it's a boy? Are they really going to name their child Sora and it is the reason why they put the video of 'sky' for the announcement?

Yes, I was trying to volume up at the highest level of my phone sound on Ryota's post just to know that it was muted purposely lmao. Luckily, we can hear it from Tao's post. I heard the camera sound like someone taking a photo. I think maybe at the same time they were taking the same video of sky together to make it a post of announcement, same like their new year posts of sunset.

I think you are right. I guess Ryota made a separate post because he wants to mention not only about his birthday but also that in his current life at the age of 29 on the day he is celebrating his birthday, he is able to see a miracle (a new life) aka his baby right in front of his eyes and this time he is celebrating it as a new father.

Btw, as we know, today is also YOU-san birthday. She played the role as mother of Haruka (Onii) and Setoka in Animoma. Coincidently, both Ryota and YOU-san have the same birthday. I included here the video of YOU-san and Ryota during the VBA2 Audition in 2010.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cwgm0SYPZcg

• Like 2

Hello,

I'm sorry for the long absence

Many thanks to @Transition and @setokaonii for many posts here. 
It’s great that Tao gave birth and RyoTao officially become parents at their young age. 
They’re so perfect. 
It’s really wonderful when they announced their child on Ryota’s birthday. His new age will have a lot of happiness and responsibilities. 
I love the way they still remember and use the sky to show their love and happiness. It has been many years, they haven’t changed. 
I hope Tao will have time to rest and take care herself, her child. 

• Like 2

@setokaonii I think the news about the baby being a boy is a misinterpretation from the Chinese media. When Japanese write 子 they mean child whereas Chinese use this word when it is a boy.

I don't know whether we will ever know if the child is a boy or a girl. What the name of the baby is is probably even more impossible. I do think there's a big chance that it is Sora though. Let's see whether Tao will do as she wrote on the fanletter, that she will share with us their marriage, pregnancy etc. once she thinks they have reached a milestone.

I wonder too whether RyoTao have wrote another letter for their fanclubs like the ones they posted during New Year.

Oh. I forgot to wish Ryota Happy birthday here. Happy birthday to You-san too.

@ryotatao9495 Hi! Welcome back! We have missed you. You don't have to feel sorry for not being able to come here often. You were the one who was here all the time throughout these 6 years. I remember how you were the one who kept analyzing the hints and clues with me. 

Yes, it is wonderful how they have become parents at such young age considering they are both celebrities, and also how they chose to announce it on Ryota's birthday and also posting a video of the sky along with message.

@Transition I see. So, it was just a misinterpretation. Yes, a fanletter for fanclub would be good too if they don't want to share outside with everyone else, just for fans.

Who knows maybe at the end of the year of 2023 before the new year of 2024 coming, she will be posting something about her life in 2023, like reminiscing what she has been going throughout this year and showing the photo of memories in 2023 like her marriage, pregnancy, baby etc.? Hmm, I hope so eventhough it would likely not going to happen. They are quite secretive about their life (even after married) so I am not sure if we would ever able to see and hear it. It is sad but we won't be able to do anything. This is what they decided so I have no choice but to respect that (I really wish that maybe one day they will be able to open to us to tell their personal life or stories with us because I think that, in that way we will get to know them more on their personal level, not just as artists and we will feel much more closer (the bond between fans and artists). I don't know if it is just a common thing in japanese or korean entertainments but in other countries celebrities are quite open with their fans. I guess it is the culture.

Regarding the sunflower, if I'm not mistaken I think it is the symbol of sunny weather (warm). Talking about sunny weather, a lot of Tao's family members were born in August (summer). Her mom, Honoka (sister), Ryota (husband) and even her child. There are so many people that she has to celebrate in August every year. Hehe.

Also, I read that in Japan, people will do Okuizome (weaning ceremony / the first eating ceremony) for a newborn baby which takes place 100 days after the birth of a child with the hope that the child will have enough to eat through his or her life. A feast is prepared to give food to a baby for the first time. I saw a lot of japanese shared this moment of their child celebrating this 100 days it on their social media.

P/s:

Now, it is not only us who feel confuse about the actual date of when Tao gave birth. Japanese fans were also questioning the same thing and wonder what does the 'series of miracles' that Ryota wrote mean? Some said the baby was born on the same day as Ryota that is why he said that, while some said the baby was born earlier and they just want to announce it later. It's quite confusing.

Also, sunflower in japanese is called 'Himawari' and the name is primarily a girl / female name. :)

@setokaonii I hope Tao will be able to share her happiness, struggles or worries of being a new mother with fans. As a new mother I know you can feel helpless and frustrated at times when you don't know why the baby is uncomfortable and keeps crying. It helps writting it out and get advice from people.

Thank you for the information that many of Tao's family members were born in August. There will be many birthday parties for them then during that month.

As for when Tao gave birth, I think it was before the 26th of August since in this picture Tao could stand really close to the chair since her baby bump doesn't seem to be there anymore.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cwhd7c8J4sR/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

A fan at weibo said that s/he heard a baby cry during Yose FM on the 16th of August so could the baby have come before the 16th? 

Himawari sounds unique and beautiful. Sora is an unisex name so it could work for a girl as well as a boy :) Katayose Himawari or Katayose Sora. Btw, Tao's legal name should be Katayose Tao now after they have gotten married. 

I wonder whether RyoTao will mention anything about their child's Okuizome?

• Like 1

@Transition I think you are right. It could be before 26th because why would Honoka posted her birthday photo a bit late. I think she waited until Tao and Ryota announce it on Ryota's birthday. It's like her sister 'helped' her out and purposely refrained herself from posting the photo because if she posts on the 26th it would be obvious and people will find out that she already given birth (well, people found out already even they try to hide it until 29th).

Regarding Yose FM, I tried to watch the video again but I could not hear any baby sounds. At which minute they heard it?

Hehe, now Tao Katayose is her legal name. I think she will still continue using her stage name 'Tao Tsuchiya' like any other female actresses who have married. For example, Kiritani Mirei, Nana Komatsu etc.

Regarding Okuizome, to be honest I am not expecting anything from them since they are quite secretive. We'll see.

@setokaonii That person at weibo didn't mention the exact timestamp of a baby crying. S/he just said she heard a baby. Could it be the CL version? 

Yes, I think Tao will keep using her maiden name Tsuchiya for work.

Tao posted a picture of "Shine Muscat" on her IG story. She wrote that she got them (didn't mention by whom though) and that she is eating them while watching a basketball game.

Tao has mentioned before during the filming of Anikoma that Shine Muscat is her favourite. 

https://weibo.com/3753366675/4940948298007731

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@setokaonii I remember we were wondering whether Tao will mention her experiences of being a mother. She talked discreetly about it on her latest IG post. According to the Chinese translation at weibo she said that for her previous roles she has done researches for those specific roles but these days she would think "oh, so that's how it really is". She would use "struggle to work hard" to describe her feelings now. However, her heart is full of gratitude despite being in a "battle mode". Aw. I feel her. I could feel helpless and stressed out many times when I got my first child. Hope it will get better for her with time.

She also said she feels a bit troubled since she is not working now she doesn't really know what she should write about on IG. 

She mentioned since she was 12 years old to "Mare" she had a habit of writing blog where she would talk about things in her private life but as she got older her updates have been about work so that's why she feel troubled right now.

Her own suggestion is that she can ask questions/answer fans' questions. (I'm not sure I understand the translations fully here). 

Aw. Why does she feel that she can't write about the daily stuffs that she encounter now when she is on her parental leave? I believe she can get a lot of advice through IG if she shares her troubles as a new mother with her fans.

Btw, Tao said that she likes the number "8". Ryota likes that number too. It was before their child was born but now I think there's one more reason to like that number.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cw6xIO7J9Vh/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Toda Keiko, a voice actress who narrated to Mare, held RyoTao's baby yesterday. She said that the baby is beautiful and cute. When I used google translate it said "she" and since Keiko used words like "beautiful" and "cute" I think RyoTao's baby is a girl.

https://ameblo.jp/toda-keiko/entry-12823336460.html

Saw this on Twitter/X. Tao is so sweet and considerate.

https://twitter.com/merandere/status/1709866221049717178

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A beautiful and sweet IG post by Tao about the current tense political situation.

Apparently, some people have been pointing fingers at Ryota. Accusing him for not helping Tao out with their baby so that's why she mentioned that she gets a lot of help from family and also other people.

Credit: heart__ereki