[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019]The Brightest Star In The Sky 夜空中最闪亮的星

RPM

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, nasaan ka Alex? said:

Hello, does anyone have the time to translate what does yang zhen zhen's ringtone is saying including the secondary voice ?

https://youtu.be/4j8XBq9xljs?t=15

If you see the comments section of the YT link you have posted, there's someone who had translated the ringtone.  Anyhow I LL post it here too. 

It means "my master, someone is calling, please pick up the call"

CUTE.:wub::wub:

I tread with care with C-dramas cos I have been burnt so many times. This one is not bad at all! I can say the same for a few of the recent ones recommended by fellow soompiers. :)

i quite like like Wu Qian- reminds me of Lin Yi Lin somewhat but a version requiring polish. She’s in another drama that I plan to catch - looks like the genre I like but I will wait for more reviews first just in case it slices me again.

The male lead looks like Dracula. Heh. But rather enigmatic in some shots. Read that he used to be part of a k-boyband and it seems he is one of the producers of this show? Young n competent.

This drama looks like it has a good ending? 

How many episodes ?... it originally showed 40 in the description page somewhere ..and yet we are up to 42 with this down load today .. i don't mind that there is more...they are cute to me :)

@jadore1 Sure doesn’t look like 42 eps cos I just finished #42 and there is more than a bit left to tell. 

It seems this is broadcasted Mon-Weds. Perhaps it’ll only end next week?

Edit: 44 eps, ends May 6 according to a website

While waiting for the last 2 eps and frolicking in my drama drought, I decided to watch one of Tao’s movies. Hesitant at first but I was glad I did. Edge of Innocence, movie based on a Japanese novel. Pretty good! Reminded me a little of Wong Kar Wai’s films - darkish footage and scant lighting but not dreary.

I searched Soompi for a thread that discussed it but found none...

I thought they squeezed in quite a bit in the last 2 eps and managed to tie up loose ends. But in doing so, as with all endings rushed, the story ended lacking in lustre. I guess it is to be expected since there are so many things to tie in one n a half hours.

but I do like this show for

a. Familial relationships/friendships 

They show the depth of emotions, range of conflicts, tenacity, restraint, forgiveness, understanding and the side of humour needed to journey thru life. I particularly like the father-son portion; I like how the father cares without being overbearing though he has the might, except for one slip he made when he exerted executive control over family. 

b. Good prose with music

I love how the Chinese weave words into rhyming sentences with minimum use of words yet fully loaded in meaning. This exists in other shows too but the artistry of it here is amplified by the use of music and so I enjoyed it much more.

c. ZBX Character

I find that the story revolves around the ZBX role that fits Tao to a T. He has a big personality, and is an idealistic, straight-talking talent. Known for his looks and background, it seems that there is little that he cannot lay his hands on. Yet, in his heart of hearts, he craves for true love and recognition. Very much a little lost boy.

Tao fits this little lost boy image - his expression is always a little pained, a little impish. Though Tao is not traditionally good-looking, he is charismatic and plays the role rather well.  I have never seen him before this and that shock of yellow hair, so did some research. Parts of the story within are very similar to his real life (dramatic) struggles and successes - perhaps why he does the role well. 

d. C-pop

Intriguing. We’ve all heard about Canto-pop, J-pop, K-pop. And I generally don’t like pop cos the lyrics are mostly nonsensical and jargon-filled though there are exceptions. 

e. Snoggings!

how could I forget this? They have a number of big ones in the last 2 eps. Can’t complain, really.

All in all a good run! I am satisfied. 

Throughout the whole drama, it is about this pop idol justifying that he can write n sing songs and do his C pop to world. 

So we see him struggling to showcase his worth to see him lost his voice and then on rooting him to road of recovery. Instead of seeing him go on stage to show the world that he is an artist in his own right and not because of his father's wealth, they throw in kidnappin of zhenzhen which is truly unnecessarily and him rescuing the girl instead. What I would have love to see is just 1 song he wrote and see on stage to the world at the end of the drama. Instead we get a song sung by 2nd lead n then just a short clip of a video of his latest hit that had everyone so happy. Suddenly the CEO with his wife is no longer again st him and everyone suddenly love him again.  To the end was too sudden ... the usual nice flow was disrupted. 

Archived