[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] River Flows To You 悲伤逆流成河

sugarplum892

Airing schedule,suns-thurs 2 epis each and fris & sats 1 epi each

D-TzxbRUcAAb1lm.jpg

I've never read the novel but i've seen the movie version and for 4 epis so far, it's been moving pretty fast.

I cried 'buckets' while watching the movie and i also shipped Yi Yao and Gu Senxi in it but i'm hoping to ship her with Qi Ming here..

Thanks for posting the schedule!  I’ve only caught up to episode 6 so far and it’s a really melancholic viewing experience.  There are light moments and some faint hopes in there (I mean, really, how lucky is she to have 2 pretty awesome guys helping her out), there’s just too much from that evil girl and not enough sweet friend interactions or moments between anyone except Yi Yao and Qi Ming.  Still sticking with it for now, but waiting for subs to watch instead of other shows where I’ll watch once w/o subs and once with to fill in blanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks @jewelsc for being so kind as to tell me a little bit about it.  The last couple of years I have been more interested in Chinese Dramas and have become a real fan.  To me they express an openness in allowing the viewer to see deep emotions and it's a mixture of the actors way of expressing themselves and the words that seem to come across so clearly.  Forgive me I am the worst in trying to explain it but it's like watching a painting come to life and you can't seem to take your eyes off of it or your heart from being drawn into it. 

Even the Historical dramas seem to feel as if you're watching art in action and fantasy or not they often seem beautiful....

197e3b6a56b94fd787243212b130b19c.jpg66034755_160239505106290_1081260292955277635_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fist1-2.fna.fbcdn.net

In just the first few episodes I was clearly reminded of how cruel children, youth and adults can be to those whom often we don't even know.  We don't know the pain or suffering they endure and no matter the differences.  We don't live their lives or walk in their shoes.  Yet bullying and hurting others through words and actions seem to be more often than not,  just to easy...

Judging others by what we see or hear from others without knowing it to be fact is often worse than a beating for those whom are being attacked and are all to often the innocent victim.   

It's so easy to follow and it starts early in life wanting to be one of the crowd and to be accepted by others.  Yet in just being quiet when others are being cruel and lashing out just because they can.  Believing that doing and saying nothing is better than standing up or standing out for what is right.   Although without a doubt hearing that voice within you and knowing in your heart it's so very wrong. 

Yet when choosing silence it is like selling oneself and your goodness at such a cheap price...

Archived