[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] The Eternal Love 1 双世宠妃

RPM

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Cedric Ong said:

Ya, I notice the faster subbed version is Vietnamese. Either they are really fans of china dramas and act fast.....or some might be fans of Xing Zhaolin (the main lead) when he was a SM trainee a few yrs ago b'cos I came across a few vietnam fanpages.

But i found some episodes either got distorted audio or shrink window....maybe to avoid problem with the official channel.

So i don't mind wait a while and watch. But sometimes from some short clips and teasers....already can guess abit of the future storyline.

The Vietnamese have a whole server on subbed versions of all the hot C-dramas out. Even Princess Agents get subbed within 4 hours of air time  

4 hours ago, phuong1317 said:
  Hide contents

im happy that they didnt drag the storyline of the 8th prince not knowing there are 2 people in 1 body 

Yes he was smart to catch on, Phuong

4 hours ago, phuong1317 said:

i love this drama so far but hate that it is 4 ep per week because other chinese drama upload faster luckily i do understand chinese so i dont need to wait for sub if u know chinese maplestage post episodes fast but is raw 

What do you mean other C-drama upload faster? iqiyi uploads within one hr of air time.  If you are talking about the quantity released, this drama is only 24 eps and I assume it will be a cliffhanger ending since the novel isn't even done. 

I don't have a lot of hope for this drama but it is definitely entertaining and has cheesy romance

1 hour ago, lovehuche said:

Can some translate this clip? People making fun of the lead guy, compared him from this drama to the PA drama.  It seems hilarious.

Hi, I stole your video and posted on PA. Gotta return your favour. Here's the translation:

YQ/8th Duke: Don't see what you're not suppose to see. Don't go where you're not suppose to go.

YWY: Get lost

YQ: Ok

XE: If the upper beam is not straight, the lower ones will go aslant (meaning If a leader sets a bad example , it will be followed by his subordinates)

YQ/8th Duke: Don't forget your are my wife, you better be good. Do you know what I am capable of doing? I also want to have a bath with you. Let's consummate our marriage.

8th Duchess: I got my period

YQ: I like the way you act dumb. It's improper for men and women to touch.

Words on the screen: kissing until face change colour. Kissing until face is demented 

XE: If the upper beam is not straight, the lower ones will go aslant.

YWY: Admire!

Well I don't know what kind of his character in PA. But from this drama I can say he is talented and I wish to see him in main lead roles in big production drama even if he play second lead in some wuxia or fantasy drama he will be my second lead syndrome . ❤❤

On 7/14/2017 at 3:57 AM, saanjh sena said:

Me to waiting for subtitles 

Me to waiting for subtitles ......hope so subbed soon

It's already been subbed... though the episodes is so cringe worthy...only because I'm not used to these awkward scenes lol.

On 7/15/2017 at 3:49 PM, Cedric Ong said:

Hurray. Someone is subbing the episodes on Youtube. Now i see Ep 1 being subbed. The rest will have to wait. 

Just note it jumped straight into the story. The girl's body is shared by the original soul and another girl's from the future. It happened when the girl's suicide failed and she woke up. Think she has some feelings for the 1st Prince but was forced to marry the 8th Prince. She was the 2nd daughter and her stepmother and elder sister often mistreated her.

The episode started a few weeks after the suicide. The souls would take over whenever one fainted or felt asleep and woke up. They and her personal maid knew what's going on and tried their best to adapt to it. The one with most difficulty is the maid....she had to guess which soul is now dominant and call one "Miss" while the other "Xiao Tan" (more informal). The Miss is soft-spoken and moody while the modern girl is loud but more cheerful.

The modern soul is searching for a way to return. There's abit of flashback at the end of ep 1,,,,abit on how the future girl's soul got "teleported" to this storyline...and also some sorcerers searching for a stone (probably related to this soul travel as well).

Do you think someone will do a episode recap? The storyline sounds good but I don't feel like watching all those personalities switching between...

16 hours ago, phuong1317 said:
  Hide contents

im happy that they didnt drag the storyline of the 8th prince not knowing there are 2 people in 1 body 

You mean the 8th Prince already found out that there is two souls in one body?!!? Which episode is this?!!! Please tell me! Keen to know more! Thanks!!

Only two episodes have been translated into English and I have been checking several times a day for more. Have to be patient although I really want to watch more. He already suspects when he checks the handwriting. Think it was when she was almost killed that he finds out for sure. I have been just skimming the untranslated episodes and figured that out.

8 hours ago, hyall said:

Only two episodes have been translated into English and I have been checking several times a day for more. Have to be patient although I really want to watch more. He already suspects when he checks the handwriting. Think it was when she was almost killed that he finds out for sure. I have been just skimming the untranslated episodes and figured that out.

My understanding that is he might suspected something, but didn't know for sure until ep 11.  Ep 11, He used the painting to trick her to meet someone.  He misunderstood her and broke up with her.  That is my guess since I don't know Chinese or Mandarin.  

Ya. They only translated Ep 1 and 2 in youtube. Tried to search other sources but nothing.

Officially it's out until ep 8 this week (every mon and tue)....but think VIPs already watch ep 13. 

I watch some cut scenes in bilibili website.....no sub. Like i mentioned b4....roughly i already guess how the story goes.

About the soul exchange....

Spoiler

Actually it's not when they fainted, fell asleep or being knocked down....it's when they lie about something close to their heart...that's why there's a few scenes when they exchanged souls while still awake and talking halfway.

So in one early ep, she fell right after a lie..coincidence...they thought it is due to the fall instead.

But still i can spot loopholes...i remember there are times when she lied n nothing happen (or bcos lie not major?)....n sometimes they did exchange soul after a night's sleep.

Ya, the 8th Prince was suspicious at earlier episodes but he didn't think until the extent of 2 souls in one body....maybe he thought she has an unusual mindset or maybe split personality. In Ep 11 or 12, he was tricked by someone to misunderstand her, thinking she still loved the 1st Prince. Then some accident happened (i won't say what) and she nearly died, but saved by a priest...who finally confirmed to the prince that there are 2 minds inside the same body.

I never read the novel but i know it's very long...the later parts is more about magical stuff and fantasy. Interestingly they didn't use the novel title but changed it to "The Eternal Love".....but the chinese name 双世宠妃 directly means 2 Lifetimes Pampered Consort. So is the 2 Lifetimes referring to the 2 worlds/lifetimes of the 2 souls....or will there be a different lifetime for the male and female lead if this current one end in tragedy? Nobody mention it so far.

On 7/17/2017 at 4:32 PM, thunderman1 said:

What do you mean other C-drama upload faster? iqiyi uploads within one hr of air time.  If you are talking about the quantity released, this drama is only 24 eps and I assume it will be a cliffhanger ending since the novel isn't even done. 

I don't have a lot of hope for this drama but it is definitely entertaining and has cheesy romance

ive seen other drama like love o2o (which only has 30 ep)  andThree Lives Three Worlds, Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms and others i cant think of on the top of my head that posted an episode or two online every day 

1 hour ago, Lainey Bees said:

How did you know?!?

the episodes I've seen uploaded are on YouTube. Just managed to watch Ep 2... with subs!

There are 13 episodes out but only 2 are subbed by watching the others you can find out  what happened more or less. The 13th I think there were two uploads yesterday and one was removed. I just skim through them since I cannot understand Mandarin but you can read Vietnamese you will be able to understand better.

The speculation on it ending on a cliffhanger is probably accurate since the material it is based on is not complete.

9 hours ago, phuong1317 said:

ive seen other drama like love o2o (which only has 30 ep)  andThree Lives Three Worlds, Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms and others i cant think of on the top of my head that posted an episode or two online every day 

love o2o standard number of eps was 2/day.  I know since I was on the subbbing team for it. Light and airy drama for me. Good stress reliever since there was no actual plot. 

3L3WoPB: I don't know since it was hard for me to watch 1st episode and dropped it 20 min in. Pretty sure people were into this drama only for the romantic scenes. -____-

6 hours ago, hyall said:

There are 13 episodes out but only 2 are subbed by watching the others you can find out  what happened more or less. The 13th I think there were two uploads yesterday and one was removed. I just skim through them since I cannot understand Mandarin but you can read Vietnamese you will be able to understand better.

The speculation on it ending on a cliffhanger is probably accurate since the material it is based on is not complete.

Yeah it is too bad that novel is not complete hence it is a shorter web drama for me and not too dramatic. 

I doubt they will be using same cast if a 2nd season were to exist. 

Archived