[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] The Eternal Love 1 双世宠妃

RPM

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.krlovetv.com/category/2017cn/雙世寵妃/-fastest for me on this wedsite but no sub, currently complet uploaded up till ep16

https://www.viki.com/videos/1119892v-the-eternal-love-episode-9 - viki now complete ep 10 with sub eng

Can't wait for ep 17, we now going to discover special box of puzzle which could relate to how, why and what on earth our main actress she has 2 in 1.

12 hours ago, IMOmusings said:

She's still around ^.^ makes for some interesting scenes in ep 15 hahahahaha

At least she realized that the first Prince was using her on ep10.  Where as MLC loves XT so much that he didn't care for the throne and went to save her. 

8 minutes ago, IMOmusings said:

HOLY COW!!!

Just actually read the novel properly GODDAM the back story for second half of the drama...I swear the drama adaptation better be as compelling O_O

Can you share some spoil those us who cannot read Chinese (Mandarin)

5 minutes ago, lovehuche said:

Can you share some spoil those us who cannot read Chinese (Mandarin)

I can try?

DO NOT open this if you don't want potential spoilers!!! FAIR WARNING!!

Spoiler

So to explain the scene where they are both wearing white, MLC actually was quite heavily injured.

White haired man is his friend from a past life.

MLC actually isn't 8th prince. MLC carries the soul of white-haired man's friend. When the friend 'died' ages ago, white haired man sent him to the earthly realm to be reborn as MLC. Main girl is also not really human.

When MLC was heavily injured in a fight, white-haired man saved him but that meant that a memory block on MLC was forcibly removed causing him to lose all his memories of his 23 years on earth. So he forgets about main girl (hence we see her asking whether he remembers his promise to her).

The flutes are special, magical flutes (which I have yet to figure out a use for). Although one brought her to the 'present' (i.e. past).

NOTE: not sure how much of this actually gets translated to the drama though.

I want to highlight the 1st part of ep 14. Viet sub not eng. It is cute that this is perhaps the 1st time Xiao Tan took the initiative and pounced on the Prince...usually it is him who "pushed" her down...haha.

This part started with Qingyun being neglected on her wedding night (the 14th prince acted as the groom)....instead the 8th Prince and Xian Tan were together...he even refused to go over after a maid came to invite him. In short the couple's conversation is about Xiao Tan felt it is unfair that in this world, men can have many wives....then the Prince promised to "marry" her every year...his interpretation of anniversary. Xiao Tan was satisfied and said "ok let's not waste this good time/mood, let me deal with u"...and pushed him down (around 2:35).

Haha...as usual very cheesy dialogue...but also as usual....as much kisses are shown, bed scenes are almost nothing...very conservative.

Some trivia i came across....as mentioned before...the white haired guy (the one young one) was their grand father, former king...he look like the 1st prince. Thus due to that reason (probably he abandoned them instead of normal death)...the dowager empress doesnt like the 1st prince and favors the 8th prince. 

But one insignificant thing but abit poorly written : from 1st to 14th prince....so where are the rest of the princes (or even princesses) besides the 8th? 

As usual, fans would label couples or CP....this CP is known in chinese as 坦诚 Tan Cheng...or Frank couple. The 2 chars come from the chars' name....Tan (xiao tan) and Cheng (mo lian cheng). Frank...probably about their feelings to each other...direct, open and honest....rather than hiding it or being subtle.

Ok...still havent got time to read the novel. Glad that got some who have read it. Read that it is very long...if they can not adapt everything (no of ep only 20plus right?)...then probably storyline will be changed. Else...season 2?

13 hours ago, tintin92 said:

yay! another familiar face here :grin::grin: i will stick to this one after PA hopefully :)

Welcome! I am caught up to episode 16. Love how 4 eps released on Monday yet I have to wait another week.. phew

2 hours ago, phuong1317 said:
  Hide contents

i do feel a little bad for the 赵轻云 even though i still dont like her she was very annoying she didnt deserve to die and when she died eight prince didnt have any big reaction because he doesnt feel anything for her but imagine if the poison really did go to 曲檀儿 he would have went crazy like the episode before 

I know!! The elder sister was so evil.. I hope she perishes soon.

27 minutes ago, IMOmusings said:

I can try?

DO NOT open this if you don't want potential spoilers!!! FAIR WARNING!!

Hide contents

So to explain the scene where they are both wearing white, MLC actually was quite heavily injured.

White haired man is his friend from a past life.

MLC actually isn't 8th prince. MLC carries the soul of white-haired man's friend. When the friend 'died' ages ago, white haired man sent him to the earthly realm to be reborn as MLC. Main girl is also not really human.

When MLC was heavily injured in a fight, white-haired man saved him but that meant that a memory block on MLC was forcibly removed causing him to lose all his memories of his 23 years on earth. So he forgets about main girl (hence we see her asking whether he remembers his promise to her).

The flutes are special, magical flutes (which I have yet to figure out a use for). Although one brought her to the 'present' (i.e. past).

NOTE: not sure how much of this actually gets translated to the drama though.

I also read some of it but too long for me. I interpreted it as if they [both Tan'er and MLC] are both immortal hence I find that in a way, MLC sort of time travelled as well, that is why he kept mentioning that they both have met before but he forgot. That is why both are destined to be eternal lovers hence the title.

1 hour ago, lovehuche said:

Just wondering if anyone can translate this preview.  

I will summarise...1st half (teaser for ep 17)...Xiao Tan wanted to open the box containing the Soul Pearl or stone...but the prince said no, fearing any unknown consequence. She expressed great interest that the stone can help her to return to her world. Her reaction sadden the prince fearing she would leave him soon. Then she consoled him promise not to leave him.

Teaser for ep.18...she was restless during meal. He asked why...but she didnt say...instead ask about his health and past injury. (I suspect she is planning something). He said he is healthy and said tonight he would show how healthy he is...the usual embarressing dialogue..haha. she said better not...too much of that activity is no good for health..haha.

20 minutes ago, thunderman1 said:

I also read some of it but too long for me. I interpreted it as if they [both Tan'er and MLC] are both immortal hence I find that in a way, MLC sort of time travelled as well, that is why he kept mentioning that they both have met before but he forgot. That is why both are destined to be eternal lovers hence the title.

I'm trying to figure out Tan'er's identity right now, but the novel is taking way too long to reveal her history/identity. There's something special about it, I can tell, and they've alluded to her potentially being a reincarnation as well but no concrete evidence yet.

Spoiler

If it's following the novel, MLC didn't time travel, but was re-born and Tan'er shares similar traits and comes from the same family as the woman he previously loved. 

I do wonder how they're going to explain the split personalities though...that would screw up a lot of the backstory....

btw...is MLC 23 or 25?

o.o

Spoiler

oh hello....crown prince dies O_O

25 minutes ago, IMOmusings said:

For whoever was wondering how the cousin came about to be married to him, watch ep 13 ^.^

I was confused too.  So I asked earlier above and someone asked that question.  If you read back couple posts you will see it.

14 minutes ago, lovehuche said:

I was confused too.  So I asked earlier above and someone asked that question.  If you read back couple posts you will see it.

ahhhhh might have been you then, yes so in Ep 13, we get told why they got married - well at least how it came about. The why comes an ep or two later. Poor girl was just being used by everyone around her =/

47 minutes ago, IMOmusings said:

ahhhhh might have been you then, yes so in Ep 13, we get told why they got married - well at least how it came about. The why comes an ep or two later. Poor girl was just being used by everyone around her =/

I watched ep13 raw so i couldn't understand their conversation why he suddenly married his cousin.  I just saw that XT woke up to the event and she was furious.

Can't wait to watch ep11&12 sub tonight.  First breakup.  I can't wait to understand what he said to her.

16 minutes ago, lovehuche said:

I watched ep13 raw so i couldn't understand their conversation why he suddenly married his cousin.  I just saw that XT woke up to the event and she was furious.

Can't wait to watch ep11&12 sub tonight.  First breakup.  I can't wait to understand what he said to her.

Haha she can't really stay too mad at him for long though xD

Basically he was given an edict that he had to take her on as a concubine. So he agrees but never consummates the marriage.

It doesn't look like this will be a happy ending :bawling:

Archived