[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] The Eternal Love 1 双世宠妃

RPM

Nearly forget. Today is Xing Zhao Lin's birthday. Born 22 July 1997. Now 20yo. B4 this with those kisses he was 19yo.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Wish him all the best in his acting career.

His weibo :

https://m.weibo.cn/u/2608419283

Under his birthday post...on quick browse...i saw a few actors' best wishes...eg Lin Gengxin his "master".

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So glad that Viki licensed this drama.  It's funny and breezy drama.  I like the main cast and first time i had seen Chinese drama with so much skinship.  Viki subs are up to episode 4 now.  Hope they sub more quickly. 

The guy in the white hair is the second prince the other guy the other prince not sure if he is first or second prince his brother the one the docile Tan Er likes. I mean it looks like him.

1 hour ago, Elaine Lainey said:

I'm really curious now to know who is the white haired dude on the right with the girl in the middle?!!! 

What i read is the white haired guy is the grandfather of the Princes. He went to cultivate, probably is an immortal or nearly one....thus retaining his youth. Same actor as the 1st Prince.

My guess is the later part of the story will involve more of the people searching for the mystic stone...they already sent in 2 agents (they wore robes)...and also some way for the girl's soul to return to the future....probably the scene in the song where the 2 leads held fingers when mysterious forces are pulling them apart.

The actor Wang Rui Chang (as 1st Prince)....more pics of him in modern wear. Some pics...he got a slight hint of korean actor Lee Jong Suk.

Spoiler

279271451c354bbd8b1685899c3fd1e8_th.jpeg

http://www.sohu.com/a/127890298_436725

The 1st lead Xing Zhao Lin is now filming a new drama 无法拥抱的你 (Loosely translated as The Unhugable You).

Spoiler

Story is adapted from a comic about a female vampire unable to approach a guy with obsession about cleanliness. The female lead acted in My Little Princess (with Mike Angelo).

So they are subbing in viki? I saw the "not avail in your region" message. But it's ok for me since i can read chinese. 

https://www.viki.com/tv/35557c-the-eternal-love#modal-episode

14 hours ago, Cedric Ong said:

What i read is the white haired guy is the grandfather of the Princes. He went to cultivate, probably is an immortal or nearly one....thus retaining his youth. Same actor as the 1st Prince.

My guess is the later part of the story will involve more of the people searching for the mystic stone...they already sent in 2 agents (they wore robes)...and also some way for the girl's soul to return to the future....probably the scene in the song where the 2 leads held fingers when mysterious forces are pulling them apart.

The actor Wang Rui Chang (as 1st Prince)....more pics of him in modern wear. Some pics...he got a slight hint of korean actor Lee Jong Suk.

Hide contents

279271451c354bbd8b1685899c3fd1e8_th.jpeg

http://www.sohu.com/a/127890298_436725

The 1st lead Xing Zhao Lin is now filming a new drama 无法拥抱的你 (Loosely translated as The Unhugable You).

Hide contents

Story is adapted from a comic about a female vampire unable to approach a guy with obsession about cleanliness. The female lead acted in My Little Princess (with Mike Angelo).

So they are subbing in viki? I saw the "not avail in your region" message. But it's ok for me since i can read chinese. 

https://www.viki.com/tv/35557c-the-eternal-love#modal-episode

You are so lucky u can read it!! I got the same message but I can't read the darn thing!!

I got to say.. I didn't have HIGH expectations for this drama but the cheesy remarks, lovely romantic scenes just made me flutter. The main actress played the role of Tan'er so well-- it is extremely hard to play two roles in one character. Phew! 

All caught up to ep 12 and love it! I can't wait for another 4 more episodes this week. 

On 7/22/2017 at 7:01 PM, airgreen said:

Are they immortals in that snowy gear? There seems to be more dimensions to this story than I thought 

I have not read the novel since there is no ending as of today.. probably will be a season 2 since most C-dramas do not end at ep 24. 

I am thinking they are also immortal hence "The Eternal Love." But I am raving of this drama.. I can't believe they decided to name it The Eternal Love.....they should have chose a different name just to avoid the confusion.  I haven't even watched 10 MOPB and apparently it is also called Eternal Love. 

Nonetheless, the ratings for this drama are very high right now..

6 hours ago, IMOmusings said:

not sure how accurately this is sticking to the novel...but I ran all the way to the last chapter that I could find...and seems there's more magic at play than the 12 episodes so far suggests

I just wonder/speculate that the reason the production didn't name or follow the book because they just adopted from the book, but not purchased the right to the book.  So they made her character to has multiple personalities. 

I just started this drama today and I'm hooked. I love the otp :wub:. They have such great chemistry. It's my first time seeing the main actress in a drama but I really like her acting especially when she's being feisty. Really love the way she dealt with the concubines in ep 2 LOL serves them right :D:lol:. So far I'm really loving the lighthearted hilarious scenes, OST and beautiful cinematography. This is the perfect timing for this type of drama to balance out my angst I'm going through with Princess Agents. Anyways, I hope this drama will become a hit.

image.jpg

On 7/14/2017 at 10:01 PM, lovehuche said:

I just wonder if the person demanded a divorce paper was the modern girl or the other girl.  I wish someone would be kind to subtitle in English.  I watched without

I started watching while waiting for princess agents new episodes...This drama was sooo hilarious...I kinda like Yue Qi (Prince Mo Lien Cheng) sorry I'm just fond of this guy in Princess agents...So funned lots of kissing and teasing...:wub::lol:

On 7/15/2017 at 3:05 AM, Cedric Ong said:

Tried to search but think no english-subbed version.....yet.

For me, i can understand chinese.

The production level of this drama isn't as high as some of the more popular ones....less budget, less-known cast.

The story isn't the most original one...but think they adapted the novel....the novel, the 2 souls didn't share same body...they exchanged....the older world soul went to the future body instead. 

The 2 leads are quite young esp the guy Xing Zhaolin 邢昭林....born in 1997, only 20yo. In 2013 he went for the auditions for SM entertainment (held in China)...think he passed....but he chose not to continue and stay in China....focus is acting.

The girl Liang Jie 梁洁 is 3 yrs older, b1994.

One common comment in some china drama websites is that the lead guy who also acted as Yue Qi in Princess Agents "acted" faster than his "master" when come to teasing and kissing the girl...haha.

I agree :lol: He turned to be more aggressive and much more good in kissing...:tongue: I hope they continue to sub the episodes in english...

On 7/21/2017 at 5:02 PM, tintin92 said:

you're here too chingu? i'm planning on this one after PA:D Need some lovey dove cute couple and a smooth story :) maaaan PA got us pretty occupied :D

friends who have watched this drama so far! is it romantic? love scenes are available?:D do you recommend it to someone after watching a heavy drama?:D

So nice to see you fellas....hahahaha OMG :D

16 minutes ago, ces8 said:

I started watching while waiting for princess agents new episodes...This drama was sooo hilarious...I kinda like Yue Qi (Prince Mo Lien Cheng) sorry I'm just fond of this guy in Princess agents...So funned lots of kissing and teasing...:wub::lol:

Awws, me too I started this because someone on the PA thread told me that YWY's side kick was in this drama. I'm so happy I did because I like the lighthearted nature of the story so far. I like that the acting is very natural when they are doing the skin ship scenes as well. Sometimes even if you're watching really good drama and the kiss is bad it really ruins everything. For instance the whole stand like a brick wall and no movement at all when kissing its really bad acting for me. Make me shudder every single time. I'm so happy our otp has great chemistry.

Archived