I feel like Jung Hyun himself didn’t like the ending but had to go with it. The way he repeated that we shouldn’t be too sad about something not going according to our wishes....

I’m so looking forward to his OST and his photoshoot with Esquire!

• Like 3

He looks cute!

Looks like a cute puppy for me :love:

I like this one, combination of black and the red scarf :winkx: and the pose, tho... :lol:

EuQPxhYVoAEn9Ox?format=jpg&name=large

And.... KJH answered, some questions in his LIVE IG tonight, some of them:

Incompetency????

Please don't say that Jung Hyun-ah....:onfirex:

• Like 3

Guys!

There is new interview conducted by CNN Indonesia. He answered many questions there from the CNN and also from Indonesian fans, which most of them are good questions. Unfortunately, it's not subbed yet, and my English is not that good... Anyways, this interview is about 16 mins long and way better than Viu's :unamused: 

https://www.cnnindonesia.com/hiburan/20210215125606-238-606339/video-wawancara-eksklusif-bintang-mr-queen-kim-jung-hyun

I will try to translate some of it into English once I done with work today.

However, I hope others whose English is better, will translate it to English.

I think international fans also need to know how KJH answer the questions.

This interview showed how thoughtful he is as an actor, and surprisingly he knows a lot about Indonesia more that I expected.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, skinnyjeans said:

Guys!

There is new interview conducted by CNN Indonesia. He answered many questions there from the CNN and also from Indonesian fans, which most of them are good questions. Unfortunately, it's not subbed yet, and my English is not that good... Anyways, this interview is about 16 mins long and way better than Viu's :unamused: 

https://www.cnnindonesia.com/hiburan/20210215125606-238-606339/video-wawancara-eksklusif-bintang-mr-queen-kim-jung-hyun

I will try to translate some of it into English once I done with work today.

However, I hope others whose English is better, will translate it to English.

I think international fans also need to know how KJH answer the questions.

This interview showed how thoughtful he is as an actor, and surprisingly he knows a lot about Indonesia more that I expected.

Thank you! If I can get the interview with Chinese subtitles I can translate to English 

• Like 3

Guys... I’m shocked. I asked Jung Hyun’s longtime fan on TW if she knows what clothing size JH wears. Apparently someone asked his manager before and he said JH wears XL for upper body and L for bottom body  :wut:

I have a Caucasian friend who’s roughly JH height and he wears XL. This friend is HUGE. Like really big. I just can’t comprehend that KJ wears such a big size? He’s definitely packed with muscles but he still looks lean, he really doesn’t look like someone wearing XL. What do you think?

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

Hello guys..

I finally made all the translation :sweat_smile:

I dont know why exactly I did this.

This is my first time. 

So this is the rough translation from the interview:

Hello, Im. actor Kim Jung Hyun. Glad to be able to greet you through CNNIndonesia.com

PART I: MR. QUEEN

Q: What do you think Cheoljong's love language is?
A: I don't think any special words are used. King Cheoljong did hide his feelings. But if it had to be put into words, King Cheoljong would have expressed his feelings directly, because there was such a scene. If King Cheoljong had purpose, it was possible that he hid his feelings. But I think King Cheoljong is someone who will be honest with his feelings. It's all because of So-yong.

Q: what is the most memorable funny scene of Mr. Queen?
A: Funny scene. There are lots of funny scenes. Choi sanggung, royal chef man-bok and scenes of So-yong are also funny. Recently there was a very funny scene where So-Yong screamed while took a trip outside. After the trip with Cheoljong. And just thinking about it makes me happy, this scene is so cute.

Q: Is there any interesting episode of Mr. Queen? [The BTS]
A:  there are many interesting episodes. because everyone was very cheerful and active, the atmosphere was fun, we also joke a lot. Special Director Hong and Choi sanggung often break the ice. Not a funny episode, but you could say it like that, the director had a hard time holding back laughter. Usually the cast acted while holding back laughter. But sometimes there were people who laughed so that it becomes a discarded scene. From behind the screen the director, holding back laughter asked, "who is that?" then the one who made NG apologize. I remember funny episodes like that, we laughed a lot. Especially Choi sanggung and royal chef Man-Bok, their acting are very good. They also find it difficult to hold back laughter.

Q: What's your favorite Kim So Yong vocabulary?
A: I like the word anti-fan the most. because nowadays 'anti fan' has a negative meaning. but I think in the Joseon dynasty, this word was used in a good meaning, it could be said that it meant to have deep affection. that's why I like this word.

Q: As a king, which Kim So Yong's dishes would you like to try?
A: maybe I'll ask for a French meal. croaker fish baked in the oven for a long time and requires a long process. I want to taste fish dishes like that. When it's eaten, it melts in the mouth.

Q: what did you prepare before playing Cheoljong?
A: the preparation process was always the same. I immersed myself in the character by reading the drama script carefully. the way I form characters is always the same. Anything that needed to be specially prepared was focus on practicing martial arts and horse riding. Then because So Yong's soul is a modern man, [practicing] so that I could react immediately when something happened spontaneously or accidentally during filming, I read the script carefully. The similarity between me and King Cheoljong, we are careful in making decisions. After making a decision we also do not hesitate to do it. I think we are similar in this matter. 

PART II: CAREER

Q:What made you interested in becoming an actor?
A: I think being able to convey the feelings [emotions] is very valuable. Through art I feel connected to people who are not related to me. In fact, it is possible for me and people I don't know to feel and connect, through the art work or the people around you. I think it's a very valuable thing, that's why I decided to become an actor.

Q: What project was the turning point of Kim Jung Hyun's career?
A: I'd also been asked questions like this in the past, the project that became my turning point was Overman [2016], and another one was CLOY [2019].

Q: Of all the roles you have played, what was the most challenging role?
A: I think all my roles are challenging. If you look at my filmography, Dang-Goo's role in Welcome to Wakiki is a new character for me, and the role of king in Mr. Queen, Cheoljong is a challenging role for me.

Q: of all the characters played, who is your favorite character?
A: I love all the roles I played. All have a charming side and an unfortunate side. all are in the bottom of my heart. all are very precious to me.

Q: what role or genre you want to try in the future?
A: I feel confused every time I get this question. nothing specific. I find it difficult to answer this, I feel I have to prepare something to answer this question. i have no ambition to try this kind of role or have to try that kind of genre. When I read an interesting script, and I can narrate it, summarize it, and explore the characters, I happily participate in the project. So no specific genre or role I want to try . I seem to be able to make up my mind by reading the script.

Q: who do you want to act with in the future?
A: all the actors I've played with so far have been great co-stars. Playing with new co-stars is not what I want specifically, but rather to form chemistry with new co-stars. If possible with my seniors. Because they have good chemistry, I want to have chemistry with them and grow.

Q: Is there anything you want to change from your life?
A: there is nothing I want to change. of course  I don't feel my life is perfect  now. But If there was one thing that could be changed it wouldn't make any difference. And if things turn out different and the changes are significant, I can't seem to deal with it. I don't want to change it. Living things as they are now and being able to climb up slowly seems like the best way.

Q: What do you want to say to young Kim Jung Hyun at the early of his career?
A: Everything is alright. I want to say, make decisions and as long as there is a sense of responsibility it will not end.

PART III: [TRIVIA]

Q: What you can't live without?
A: Faith

Q: What superpower you want to possess?
A: Wisdom. The reason: teleports, fly and invent something are also fun. There are so many kind of superpower. I think the reason it is called superpower because we can't possess it. If we have it, we will get use to it and it won't be special anymore. Instead of those, the superpower I want the most is wisdom. So I can be wise in living life.

Q: What Kim Jung Hyun secret to keep the body fits during the shooting?
A: I try not to be stress out, and I will do my hobby if i have spare time. Not to be stress is the best way to maintain body.

Q: South Korean special food you recommend to your fans in Indonesia?
A: Tteok-galbi. Seems foreigner will be convenient with the taste of tteok-galbi, because this is meat. Meat is love. [hahaha]

Q: What's the secret to Kim Jung Hyun's healthy skin?
A: The secret.. I'm not sure, I don't do special treatment. Instead of using many products like lotion to essence, I only use lotion, use only one product, that's my suggestion. 

Q:What do you know about Indonesia:
A:Indonesia.
- The national flag is red and white, red means courageous, white means pure. Then..
- The country's symbol is a bird, a bird from myth. then... it's gripping a ribbon that reads unity in diversity.
- The ruling president now is Joko Widodo
- There are about 17,000 islands
- The currency is rupiah, then...
- Java island has the largest population.
- The capital city is Jakarta. then..
- In Korean-Chinese [Hanja] Character it written  indoniseoa, and in short become Inni.
then....
- It means the emerald of the equator.
- has a well-preserved natural ecosystem
- and popular in the world as country with remarkable diversity 

[*I believe he did research before the interview, or someone inform him, but I highly appreciate that he's well prepared and remembers that much]

Q: What do you want to do when you visit Indonesia?
A: First of all, I really like natural landscape. there is strong emotion arising from the natural landscape. I once went to Indonesia, there are lot of trees and beautiful landscape. So I want to feel the sensation of the beauty that is given by nature.

Q: Is there ay message to Indonesian fans amid the Covid-19 pandemic?
A: The Covid-19 pandemic is happening all over the world until today. There are times I feel bored at home. At this time, I feel thankful to be able to greet and make people laugh through the drama. It will end eventually. May we can get through the days with full of hopes.

PART IV: FANS QUESTION

Q:Out of all the dramas, which character is the most similar to Kim Jung Hyun?
A: there have been many dramas and films that i've done. If asked, which one is the most similiar, I feel all the characters are precious to me, the other character will be sad [if he chooses one]. All the characters are a little bit like me. Funny like Dong-goo, sensitive like Su-ho, or reserved like Cheoljong. All the characters are a little bit like me. If I should choose the most similiar, the other character will be hurt. You got it, right? 

Q: What's the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word Indonesia?
A: Natural landscape. That's the first thing comes in my mind, beautiful landscape.

Q:Have you ever tasted Indonesian food?
A: Yes, nasi goreng. I feel the taste is right for me.

Q:what fans mean to Kim Jung Hyun?
A: supporting each other and giving support.

Q: Kim Jung Hyun is famous as the king of improvisation. Did the inspiration come suddenly while filming or reading the script?
A: There are two case in this matter. There were times when I read the script and felt I needed connection between scenes, so I thought about it [ad lib] and discussed with the director and my co-stars, then there were times when I improvised directly on the set. At that time, I conveyed it beforehand with the director and my co-stars. If it is necessary I do not notify my co-star in advance. There is an incident like that, in order to get a refreshing reaction. I'm also happy to get this [ad lib].

Q: During high school, Kim Jung Hyun was active in theater and wrote screenplay. Do you have any plans to return to acting in theater?
A: Yes, there is a distinct aroma from the theater. Being in the room with the audience makes me feel the moving energy in it. The sensations and aromas that the theater gives off still remain in me. So if given the opportunity, I will greet all of you through the stage and theater.

Q: Who is your role model?
A: There are a lot. Some are seniors, some are the same age, there are also several characters. Everyone has a good side and a bad side. Hence, I will judge and take the lessons from the good side. I try not to look and bring the bad side to myself.

Q: If you hadn't become an actor, what might Kim Jung Hyun have become?
A: I'm likely to be doing some physical work. Work that moves, like sports or building things using my physique. Chances are I'll do a job that is constantly moving.

thank you for always supporting me, for supporting and liking Mr. Queen. I will continue to try and show my best in the future.

Wow.

That's a lot.

I can't believe I made it. :sweat_smile:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 1

9 minutes ago, skinnyjeans said:

Q: what is the most memorable funny scene of Mr. Queen?
A: Funny scene. There are lots of funny scenes. Choi sanggung, royal chef man-bok and scenes of So-yong are also funny. Recently there was a very funny scene where So-Yong screamed while took a trip outside. After the trip with Cheoljong. And just thinking about it makes me happy, this scene is so cute.

Do you think there’s a mistranslation from Korean to Indonesian in this part? The funny screaming part was the one after DH’s faked death in the gazebo, isn’t it??? I don’t remember any funny screaming during their trip to Royal Villa?? CMIIW...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, cenching said:

Do you think there’s a mistranslation from Korean to Indonesian in this part? The funny screaming part was the one after DH’s faked death in the gazebo, isn’t it??? I don’t remember any funny screaming during their trip to Royal Villa?? CMIIW...

I was confused about that one too.

While translating I was wondering, thinking hard, which scene is that???

But the Indonesian translation is 'bepergian' which actually can be translated in English as travel or trip. 

Maybe he meant is 'going out side' ??

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, aisling said:

Guys... I’m shocked. I asked Jung Hyun’s longtime fan on TW if she knows what clothing size JH wears. Apparently someone asked his manager before and he said JH wears XL for upper body and L for bottom body  :wut:

I have a Caucasian friend who’s roughly JH height and he wears XL. This friend is HUGE. Like really big. I just can’t comprehend that KJ wears such a big size? He’s definitely packed with muscles but he still looks lean, he really doesn’t look like someone wearing XL. What do you think?

Wow.. I couldn’t imagine at first.. but then I thought about it and my own husband is 5 cm shorter than KJH and definitely not ripped :grimace: but he wears a L size coz he doesn’t like tight fitting clothes. Maybe KJH prefers looser clothing? Somehow in Mr Queen, next to NIW he looks so much smaller, but NIW is only 4 cm taller. I heard that SHS is also very tall for a female so that’s why KJH doesn’t look like he wears XL.

I still appreciate his ripped body though, especially in the scene wear he changes into his martial arts clothes. :elated:

I think his physique now is really perfect, muscular but not overly so, lean but not skinny. I personally don’t like the body builder types.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, skinnyjeans said:

I was confused about that one too.

While translating I was wondering, thinking hard, which scene is that???

But the Indonesian translation is 'bepergian' which actually can be translated in English as travel or trip. 

Maybe he meant is 'going out side' ??

We should ask the one understanding Korean then :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

20 minutes ago, cenching said:

We should ask the one understanding Korean then :joy:

Yes, please! enlightened us! :crybaby:

1 hour ago, aisling said:

Let me imagine his body.... 

Okay, yeah I think he likes wearing loose shirts. I still can't help myself watching this ads! :naughty:

• Like 3
  • Naughty 1

17 minutes ago, skinnyjeans said:

Yes, please! enlightened us! :crybaby:

Haha if you all know any chinggus who love KJH too and knows Korean, ask them to come join us here! I can only translate Chinese subtitles into English, so if I manage to find that, I can take a look at that part. Now I really wish I had continued with my Korean lessons a few years back. It’s so hard when you have to wait for subtitles to all the dramas and videos that you look forward to. Of course I appreciate all the subbers who work so hard, but it would be nice if I could be one of the ones who could do the translation from Korean to English.

Anyone watched Time?

His acting was just phenomenal in here. He made me cry so much throughout the show, and when he had to leave the show halfway because of his illness, I was devastated. I want to watch him in this again, but I’m afraid. It’s much too hurtful, the way his character Suho suffered. 

Edited by joonminfan
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, joonminfan said:

Haha if you all know any chinggus who love KJH too and knows Korean, ask them to come join us here! I can only translate Chinese subtitles into English, so if I manage to find that, I can take a look at that part. Now I really wish I had continued with my Korean lessons a few years back. It’s so hard when you have to wait for subtitles to all the dramas and videos that you look forward to. Of course I appreciate all the subbers who work so hard, but it would be nice if I could be one of the ones who could do the translation from Korean to English.

Anyone watched Time?

His acting was just phenomenal in here. He made me cry so much throughout the show, and when he had to leave the show halfway because of his illness, I was devastated. I want to watch him in this again, but I’m afraid. It’s much too hurtful, the way his character Suho suffered. 

Yes, I watched it while waiting for Mr. Queen new episode on the weekend. 

But I think I was able to watch it only until Suho died. And did not continue after that cos I don't like the story line after the female lead try to revenge using Suho as a tool. I don't like that. So, once Suho died. I stopped watching it. Life is hard and stressful already. But I enjoyed his acting. He really looked like an RickRoll'D in the early episode, until he knew that he got cancer. 

And after that, I watch Welcome To Waikiki and School 2017. They are all different type of character.  He really does wear mask whenever he acts. 

• Like 3